It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
Cost, really? I would rather know my kids are safe vs. fielding a few predator drones anyday of the week!
edit on 15-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

This is getting too offtopic now, but just think about trying to arm every single teacher in America, majority of them probably don't want to be trained, and seriously, I would rather use the money for education, than in arming teachers. Consider the number of school shootings, compared to the number of schools and days in a year, its probably less than 0.01% chance of a shooting happening at any one time.

Originally posted by Soulece
Why isnt there more people talking about the post on 4chan? If true, then this was not a CIA hoax unless they went to 4chan to get the word out.

This is a serious thing. Talk about it.

Apparently its fake... Well, I can't find the original post, only a "screenshot" on a post saying "Real or Fake"...

Also its had its own topic at least twice now, both 404d (why not put in the hoax bin), so yeah, mods don't like it.

Which I understand seeing as the language is not appropriate in it. But it does not look fake.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by bknapple32
I almost dont like the names released. None of us need to know this. I understand that some people want this to help them mourn. so more power to that. But me personally, get a bad taste in my mouth from the media releasing the names. It seemed like a segment they were pushing to get you to watch through the commercial break.

But I'll ask again, does this reassure some CT'ers out there who think this thing was faked?

Reassure?
What an odd choice of wording.
Do you mean are we assured of the official story because of this?
In a word. No.

Why are you worried about the viability of the official story?

LOL- What even IS the official story right now.

Been watching from the start (and participating in this thread as it happened)- Listened to the scanners, watched news feeds and then saw some news dissipate and everything change a dozen times. The latest on RT (and another station- I think NBC) they still claim as of this second that his Mother was a Teacher and it was her Classroom. We have the story of the "confrontation" of the 20 year old at an ELEMENTARY SCHOOL with four staff (three now dead) but no Police Report or even a phone call to police that I can find reference to- A new gun has been added... Anyhow...

And I am not even saying this is a conspiracy (although I am leaning that way) but I have NEVER watched something go down like this . Having watched the event live I can honestly say there are lots and lots and lots of questions, doubts and disgust at the media.
edit on 15-12-2012 by DarKPenguiN because: auto spell put the wrong word in

I've been digging your input on this thread.
Yes indeed the official story, that is subject to change, isn't it.
The media and LE have both been actively changing it.
Or not and some staying with the old info.
This ensures that no one has a clear idea what is going on.
If it's not a conspiracy, it's a darn good imitation of it.

I fear what will happen is that something else will happen and the media will turn it's
glaring eye away and we will be left with a bunch of loose ends and no facts that can
be nailed down forever and ever.

All you will be able to sort of "prove" is what didn't happen. Not what did.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot

Originally posted by iwilliam

This actually had its own thread but ATS deleted it for some reason I can't even begin to fathom.

The image was posted, though with the graphic part and profanities blocked out.

Again, really wondering why ATS would want to censor this!?!?

Given the unreliable nature of virtually everything reported so far on this matter?

Why not wait until they can sort it out?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

And I'm rather surprised that more people haven't commented on the "killer may have confessed ahead of time on 4chan" angle. Maybe people just don't buy it? Looking at a post below yours, i see someone mention that people post stuff like this all the time on 4chan. Which I guess could be fair (I don't frequent the site, so I don't know)

However, the person on 4chan

1- Specifically said they were going to commit suicide

2- Specifically said they were going to do it on friday 12/14

3- Specifically said it would make the news

4- Specifically said they were from Connecticut

5- Posted a picture of the corpses of the Columbine Killers, possibly indicating their true intent.

I find that a bit much to be a coincidence. Seems a little beyond a "broken clock being right twice a day."

Also still wondering why this is an acceptable thing to discuss, yet ATS has deleted more than one thread on this topic. I guess I should shut up about that, as well as not expect any answers. Oh well.
edit on 15-12-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
I'm still waiting for the surveillance video of Holmes entering, then exiting the movie theater. Now I heard on Fox News, this kid didnt bust the glass on the school doors?? So how did he get in?? Our elementary school has cameras everywhere, so I see no reason why we can't see the surveillance video of this kid entering the school. If this is kept from us too, then I will question this story also...not the victims, the shooter...

I know- Its like Columbine. They never have the video. I never thought Columbine was a conspiracy until I read a book (which by the way was made to disprove any conspiracy) and had too many questions- MAINLY: They walked in the cafeteria AT LUNCH TIME carrying a propane tank bomb. They set it up (nobody noticing anything funny- remember AT LUNCHTIME, in the dining area) then went outside and began the attack... BUT coincidentally the janitor accidentally switched that camera off during this entire period of time but then switched it back on in time to get the "other" cafeteria video.

All the video cameras everywhere. My local TV shows bank robberies, gas station holdups and car chases from cameras all over the city- But we NEVER see video (or just tiny clips) of these events which ID the perp.

Like 911, OK City and many of these shootings. This video is always there for "small things" but never for "National things"- Its too weird.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
I almost dont like the names released. None of us need to know this. I understand that some people want this to help them mourn. so more power to that. But me personally, get a bad taste in my mouth from the media releasing the names. It seemed like a segment they were pushing to get you to watch through the commercial break.

But I'll ask again, does this reassure some CT'ers out there who think this thing was faked?

Reassure?
What an odd choice of wording.
Do you mean are we assured of the official story because of this?
In a word. No.

Why are you worried about the viability of the official story?

LOL- What even IS the official story right now.

Been watching from the start (and participating in this thread as it happened)- Listened to the scanners, watched news feeds and then saw some news dissipate and everything change a dozen times. The latest on RT (and another station- I think NBC) they still claim as of this second that his Mother was a Teacher and it was her Classroom. We have the story of the "confrontation" of the 20 year old at an ELEMENTARY SCHOOL with four staff (three now dead) but no Police Report or even a phone call to police that I can find reference to- A new gun has been added... Anyhow...

And I am not even saying this is a conspiracy (although I am leaning that way) but I have NEVER watched something go down like this . Having watched the event live I can honestly say there are lots and lots and lots of questions, doubts and disgust at the media.
edit on 15-12-2012 by DarKPenguiN because: auto spell put the wrong word in

I've been digging your input on this thread.
Yes indeed the official story, that is subject to change, isn't it.
The media and LE have both been actively changing it.
Or not and some staying with the old info.
This ensures that no one has a clear idea what is going on.
If it's not a conspiracy, it's a darn good imitation of it.

I fear what will happen is that something else will happen and the media will turn it's
glaring eye away and we will be left with a bunch of loose ends and no facts that can
be nailed down forever and ever.

All you will be able to sort of "prove" is what didn't happen. Not what did.

Brilliant, and I agree.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

This actually had its own thread but ATS deleted it for some reason I can't even begin to fathom.

Given the unreliable nature of virtually everything reported so far on this matter?

And I'm rather surprised that more people haven't commented on the "killer may have confessed ahead of time on 4chan" angle. Maybe people just don't buy it? Looking at a post below yours, i see someone mention that people post stuff like this all the time on 4chan. Which I guess could be fair (I don't frequent the site, so I don't know)

5- Posted a picture of the corpses of the Columbine Killers, possibly indicating their true intent.

I find that a bit much to be a coincidence. Seems a little beyond a "broken clock being right twice a day."

Also still wondering why this is an acceptable thing to discuss, yet ATS has deleted more than one thread on this topic. I guess I should shut up about that, as well as not expect any answers. Oh well.

Im not sure why either. The mods have been great explaining why they have deleted certain posts and threads. Im a bit confused as to why it was deleted as a separate thread as well. Can we get some clarification on this mods?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The problem is that all we have is a screenshot- The original thread and timestamp are nowhere to be found.

I could make that in Photoshop for an ATS thread and it would look real, but unless you could verify the actual thread a screenshot proves nothing.

That said- It still could be real, we just have no idea .

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
I'm still waiting for the surveillance video of Holmes entering, then exiting the movie theater. Now I heard on Fox News, this kid didnt bust the glass on the school doors?? So how did he get in?? Our elementary school has cameras everywhere, so I see no reason why we can't see the surveillance video of this kid entering the school. If this is kept from us too, then I will question this story also...not the victims, the shooter...

I know- Its like Columbine. They never have the video. I never thought Columbine was a conspiracy until I read a book (which by the way was made to disprove any conspiracy) and had too many questions- MAINLY: They walked in the cafeteria AT LUNCH TIME carrying a propane tank bomb. They set it up (nobody noticing anything funny- remember AT LUNCHTIME, in the dining area) then went outside and began the attack... BUT coincidentally the janitor accidentally switched that camera off during this entire period of time but then switched it back on in time to get the "other" cafeteria video.

All the video cameras everywhere. My local TV shows bank robberies, gas station holdups and car chases from cameras all over the city- But we NEVER see video (or just tiny clips) of these events which ID the perp.

Like 911, OK City and many of these shootings. This video is always there for "small things" but never for "National things"- Its too weird.

Exactly! Crap like that is on our local news every single night, but why, when something this happens, we don't see surveillance of the shooter/s entering or leaving??
edit on 12/15/12 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

4cahn could have changed quite a bit since I been there, but I highly doubt it. The general 4channer is teen to early 20's, so it is possible he really did post it there. All I was trying to say, is that stuff like that was said all the time there, if people were to take them all seriously and contact the police, a lot of resources would be wasted on people just venting and talking crap, and some just trolling for laughs.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Soulece

link?

It's back on page 100.

[WARNING: OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE]

static.prisonplanet.com...

Screenshot only = FAKE!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

Originally posted by Shaxuul
Cops use guns to save lives. Think how many lives would've been saved if a few teachers were armed...

I agree in principle assuming you could REALLY fully trust you child's teacher, but I do think honestly (just saying, and i might have to get over it, dunno) but knowing my child was sitting in a class room with an armed teacher I didn't fully know and trust 100%, well, not so sure, have to think about it. There's always gonna be what if the teacher 'went nuts' and too having my kids grow up in an environment where 'the teacher' wears a gun on their side. Hmmmm. Slipppery slope, hard to know where the best balance is.

A couple armed guards would have more than prevent this tragedy!

Our children don't deserve to be in an environment that apppears opressive, 'armed guards??? hmmm, not convinced, but yes maybe having a couple of '-- packing---- CERTIFIED-- teachers', whose sole job it would be to defend students from any armed threats, might be plausible.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

I always thought all schools already had an officer there, but I guess I was wrong. In NY all schools had at least one officer there, who would do DARE programs, stranger danger programs etc, and be a liason to the PD when needed and whatnot. I think they were called resource officers.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaxuul
Cops use guns to save lives. Think how many lives would've been saved if a few teachers were armed...

I agree in principle assuming you could REALLY fully trust you child's teacher, but I do think honestly (just saying, and i might have to get over it, dunno) but knowing my child was sitting in a class room with an armed teacher I didn't fully know and trust 100%, well, not so sure, have to think about it. There's always gonna be what if the teacher 'went nuts' and too having my kids grow up in an environment where 'the teacher' wears a gun on their side. Hmmmm. Slipppery slope, hard to know where the best balance is.

A couple armed guards would have more than prevent this tragedy!

Our children don't deserve to be in an environment that apppears opressive, 'armed guards??? hmmm, not convinced, but yes maybe having a couple of '-- packing---- CERTIFIED-- teachers', whose sole job it would be to defend students from any armed threats, might be plausible.

Hell even a couple a secured weapons, out of sight out of mind and a few trained personel! The threat of instant death/failure alone would deter most!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

But it does not look fake.

Well, apparently thats from a template, they just change date/wording to suit a specific massacre. No seconds showed, and I can't find it on 4chan or any archives. Only this one screenshot is available, and its posted under the title of "Real or Fake"...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by salainen

Screenshot = 100% FAKE..

If and when they get this info from his PC then well...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Well, apparently thats from a template, they just change date/wording to suit a specific massacre. No seconds showed, and I can't find it on 4chan or any archives. Only this one screenshot is available, and its posted under the title of "Real or Fake"...

There is a great possiblity it is fake but also if it were real don't you think that somebody, to save 4chans ass, would delete the thread so that nobody could make the connection?

I have an open mind so I'm just throwing that out there.

It's most likely fake though with the way you guys are putting it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Tecumte

I always thought all schools already had an officer there, but I guess I was wrong. In NY all schools had at least one officer there, who would do DARE programs, stranger danger programs etc, and be a liason to the PD when needed and whatnot. I think they were called resource officers.

We had that when I was in school in WV also. Now even when I drive by high schools some of them around here have their parking lots closed off with gates during school hours to make everyone arriving or leaving check in with an on duty guard. There are a couple of schools around that have a trailer on campus that have a State Trooper living in it, police car is always parked there.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

There is a great possiblity it is fake but also if it were real don't you think that somebody, to save 4chans ass, would delete the thread so that nobody could make the connection?

I have an open mind so I'm just throwing that out there.

It's most likely fake though with the way you guys are putting it.

There would probably be an archive somewhere, at least the whole thread, not a single screenshot. Or maybe it would be deleted, depends on how long it stayed up, if stuff like that gets posted enough it would get unnoticed 'til the actual shooting, after which it could be quickly deleted off 4chan, with a single screenshot remaining. But nah, its fake, its under the title "Real or Fake"... Its fake. Dunno why it was deleten though, shouldn't it go in the [HOAX]?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Tecumte

My childrens school had a county cop resource officer. No problems as far as I know, Maybe tolerable, but I would hate to see the school environment turned into an armed camp setting.

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join