It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by arielsdad

Magic does exist...but if you keep looking for magic in the wrong places, you'll never find it. The touch of your beloved's hand on your cheek, the laughter of your child, the feel of the wind in your hair as you sit on a beach watching the sunset, the thrill of electricity as a storm surges by overhead, falling from the sky and feeling absolutely free in those moments before you pull the string....these are moments where you touch fingertips with magic. That wonderful fuzzy warmth that radiates all over your body, the pure joy of being alive. True appreciation for the world and the people around you, and never wanting it to end because you've never felt so invigorated, so happy with what you've been given. Knowing that there is war and hunger in the world, and loving the world in spite of it. Embracing life, imperfections and all. That's true magic.

Magic doesn't exist? You haven't been paying attention.

Oh so you do know God.
Your post made me happy by the way.. Glad you wrote it.

Having Spirit(good attitude, lively) is having spirit (soul)... Also he's a "soul man" English has many telling word meanings...

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

This is the only saving one needs.. Use it or lose it.

edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by arielsdad

well that all sounds great but im talking about magic here you know making something from nothing, what you are talking about is a euphoic feeling not magic

haha Words are a jail for your mind.. I would explain that, but I'd be using words.. It's why my posts are not directly understood.. If you know more than one language you will see differing concepts that overlap or are completely different leading to whole different ways of seeing, knowing, Being..

Magic is a perfect word choice for what he was saying. I chose God.. What would you call it? electrical impulses in your brain? ok then morpheus, that's no fun...

Even the Magic you are talking about doesn't make something out of nothing, "that's impossible, there is no spoon. it is only your mind that bends"

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

Christianity won't save you, Jesus will save you and set you free from the world.

So what you are saying here is that if you are suffering in the real world, your Jesus character will "save you"....right?

In other words, will Jesus "save you" by helping you commit suicide?

edit on 14-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by windword

You think it's funny that women were oppressed, raped, murdered and deemed responsible for the "sin of the world," by this God's orders. But to you, t's just some guys trying to trick women into staying in the kitchen to make you breakfast.

Yo seem to have trouble reading.. I never said anything about raped women being funny... You are making that up ..

Here's what you said:

.. If you were a man writing a piece of the bible you'd sneak in a few bits about how women should cook you breakfast every morning, or similar..

You quote the Bible when it suits you, but mock it's effects of society.

Everything in your God's world is all unicorns and fairies, but you hope that you don't have to reincarnate into the world again, because the world, which your God created, is all evil.

I never said anything about evil. That is a connotation you make up in your mind based on YOUR beliefs. I only said I don't plan on coming back, but there is nothing wrong with anyone's choice as to what they want. Sin is not a bad word in my vocabulary, it is merely a noun meaning physical. God created all. We came here by OUR choice. Out of eternity into time... You can blame yourself for that.

There you go again, making up your own story. How do you know that we came here by our own choice? I should blame myself for my life?

Quote me the unicorns part.. ?

I am talking about the Only God. The ONE. He does not Punish, man does that himself. so NO he's not in the old testament.. I don't know what God they talk about in the bible, I wasn't there..

Insert unicorns and fairies here. Your God is the one that you have made up.

You have made up and taylored a belief system for yourself, not really founded in the Bible, Jesus or any of the precepts to the Christian religion, yet you're here preaching your "truth" as empirical TRUTH that we all should accept.

I never preached or told you to accept anything. I only said I know God. I didn't say I knew anything else... It i my truth, so yes you cannot have it. You and others keep trying to change it to your beliefs going back and forth making me be christian and then not christian... I Know God. This is the thread, it's not Bible study...

The thread is "How I know God exists." You say that you know God. But which God? This God?

God is in your heart. God does "see" all, but not with eyes. God is not in one place. God has no hands to write the Bible, or to save abused children. Some of it was inspired by god, and was written down, but truth doesn't fit inside our english vocabulary very well, nor any other language for that matter.. It's all within you. It's also all up to you.

How do you know this?

That's fine, if your happy in your personal truth, but others of us have also found their own truth, and live within their own moral construct, with or without your Jesus and your God and your chosen Bible verses.

And to your lists of threads.. No. I would rather you post in this thread what it is you think,

I have spent a lot of time and thought, exploring and expressing my opinions of what I believe and why, and what I don't believe, and why. I'm not going to re-write my thesis' again here, because you're too lazy, or don't care to read it.

because I don't think you know god very well, with your judgemental tone, and reading comprehension issues.. You want me to use the bible and be christian, and say I support enslaving women, when in fact anyone who knows god LOVES all people.

Jesus supported slavery. You're the one who said that you accepted Jesus and follow his words. What makes you NOT a Christian?

And, you're right, I don't know your God, because your God is your own personal interpretation of God, that you're making up as you go along, to conveniently fit the politically correct scenario of the moment.

I'm offended by people who, based on their personal interpretation, pretend to know all about God and claim that others are ignorant of God, or are intellectually unable to understand their personal ideal God.

But the truth is, you're just following the dogma that has been in place for 1000's of years. You align with the Bible you like and reject the Bible you don't.

Your truth is not empirical. It's yours. You're just mish mashing a bunch of philosophies and doctrine together, making your own personal religion. People have been writing about God, debating God and coming up with dogma and doctrine for the masses to follow in their supposed God's name for 1000's of years.

I'm not saying your truth is incorrect, I'm saying that you're taking a lot for granted, and not really admitting that your God is only your God, and not my God. That doesn't make me spiritually void.

edit on 14-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I do not trust anyone who claims to know the truth when the truth is unknown to any man.
Congrats on falling for other people claim of the truth and I hope you fill your churches coffers.
What about all the other brands of Religion? let me guess they are all wrong eh?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

There is NO sky daddy.

Really? What do make of this?

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

No sky Daddy?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Sounds like you are going with your gut feelings as proof. So who has the correct gut?
edit on 14-12-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Here's what you said:

.. If you were a man writing a piece of the bible you'd sneak in a few bits about how women should cook you breakfast every morning, or similar..

You quote the Bible when it suits you, but mock it's effects of society.

No mocking.. It was an example of how I think men behaved back then.. I do not, behave like that, nor do I trust the bible because of it..

I never said anything about evil. That is a connotation you make up in your mind based on YOUR beliefs. I only said I don't plan on coming back, but there is nothing wrong with anyone's choice as to what they want. Sin is not a bad word in my vocabulary, it is merely a noun meaning physical. God created all. We came here by OUR choice. Out of eternity into time... You can blame yourself for that.

There you go again, making up your own story. How do you know that we came here by our own choice? I should blame myself for my life?

This Part is in the Bible, but no I do not know that.. These are my thoughts buddy. I said I KNOW GOD.. Do you Grok? But Yes YOUR life is YOUR fault. deal with it. How's that for ferries and unicorns?

Insert unicorns and fairies here. Your God is the one that you have made up.

Nope I didn't make him up.. God IS ALL.

The thread is "How I know God exists." You say that you know God. But which God? This God?

THE GOD... there is only one.. I'm am sure there are many Zeuses and Odins, angels and aliens that other people may call God, but there is only one. God does not act.

God is in your heart. God does "see" all, but not with eyes. God is not in one place. God has no hands to write the Bible, or to save abused children. Some of it was inspired by god, and was written down, but truth doesn't fit inside our english vocabulary very well, nor any other language for that matter.. It's all within you. It's also all up to you.

How do you know this?

By Knowing God. Don't you feel it?

I have spent a lot of time and thought, exploring and expressing my opinions of what I believe and why, and what I don't believe, and why. I'm not going to re-write my thesis' again here, because you're too lazy, or don't care to read it.

I read them.. You didn't tell me Your thoughts.. What is God to you?

I'm offended by people who, based on their personal interpretation, pretend to know all about God and claim that others are ignorant of God, or are intellectually unable to understand their personal ideal God.

grow some skin and tell me what you think.. If you keep disagreeing with my posts I will just keep posting my response to things I have already explained.. did I call you ignorant of God? Ideal involves Thinking... It is not an ideal god.. My ideal god would be a man of action.. Direct knowing you don't have to think about.. Im typing on a computer didn't have to think about it I just know, do you grok?

But the truth is, you're just following the dogma that has been in place for 1000's of years. You align with the Bible you like and reject the Bible you don't.

I only use those quotes because I have found things to be true, and to my amazement they were already written down, but in a book of terrible things... How Dogmatic of me to reject all the hate in the bible...

Your truth is not empirical. It's yours. You're just mish mashing a bunch of philosophies and doctrine together, making your own personal religion. People have been writing about God, debating God and coming up with dogma and doctrine for the masses to follow in their supposed God's name for 1000's of years.

No followers please... God is inside YOU.. No debate needed.. Go look.. Truth cannot be transmitted. The difference between what I am saying and what others have said Is I don't seek to control anyone or change their thoughts.. If only you had posted YOUR thoughts we could talk about that, but you like talking about "my god" as if I own god hahahaha...

I'm not saying your truth is incorrect, I'm saying that you're taking a lot for granted, and not really admitting that your God is only your God, and not my God

You won't tell me your god, how can I discuss that? But yes you are saying my truth is incorrect.. It's all there inside you if you want it.. Personal choice.. There is no guilt only spirit.. Use it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

There is NO sky daddy.

Really? What do make of this?

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

No sky Daddy?

That is not my God... But I do like the sentiment..

I'll say this one last time. I DO NOT Know the Christian God.. Won't repeat it again, so quit asking.

Wait what's This?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Oh Thou, from whom the breath of life comes, who fills all realms of sound, light and vibration.

May Your light be experienced in my utmost holiest.

Your Heavenly Domain approaches.

Let Your will come true – in the universe (all that vibrates) just as on earth (that is material and dense).

Give us wisdom (understanding, assistance) for our daily need, detach the fetters of faults that bind us, (karma) like we let go the guilt of others.

Let us not be lost in superficial things (materialism, common temptations), but let us be freed from that what keeps us from our true purpose.

From You comes the all-working will, the lively strength to act, the song that beautifies all and renews itself from age to age.

Sealed in trust, faith and truth. (I confirm with my entire being)

www.thenazareneway.com...

I enjoy the above version much more. It speaks less of stigma and more of acknowledgement for the realistic nature of the universe, the purpose as derived from said nature, and our appreciation of what that nature does for us.

Much less kowtowing and favoritism, in other words.

For those interested, here's an interesting take on the lord's prayer, in conjunction with the seven chakras:

Here's the connections between each line of the prayer and the chakras they represent. I think, in studying this, everyone here will have a deeper understanding of what exactly this prayer does for us. Skip to page 24.

www.livethepromise.net...

For those of you who can't access PDF files, here's the relevant excerpt:

1. OUR FATHER (CROWN):
*CHRIST'S PROMISE; as God's children we are perfectly loved, cared for
and protected at all times.
*OUR PROMISE; is to receive God's blessings and to love all His
children as our spiritual family.
2. WHO ART IN HEAVEN (THIRD EYE):
*CHRIST'S PROMISE: The Kingdom of God is within you".
*OUR PROMISE; to seek first His inner Kingdom.
3. HALLOWED BE THY NAME (THROAT):
*CHRIST'S PROMISE; the more we listen to The Word/His voice, the
more sacred, holy and loving our own thoughts and lives will become.
*OUR PROMISE; is to listen, speak and think of Him.
4. THY KINGDOM COME THY WILL BE DONE AS IT IS IN
HEAVEN SO ALSO IN EARTH (HEART):
*CHRIST'S PROMISE; Our Fathers Kingdom will come as we love.
*OUR PROMISE; to love ourselves, our neighbors, even our enemies.
5. GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD (SOLARPLEXAS):
*CHRIST'S PROMISE; is that all we need is perfectly provided.
*OUR PROMISE; is to accept and honor the perfection of our lives.
6. FORGIVE US AS WE FORGIVE (NAVEL):
*CHRIST'S PROMISE; to error is part of our growth process.
*OUR PROMISE; to learn from our errors and let others do the same.
7. LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION BUT DELIVER US
FROM EVIL (BASE/SEXUAL)
*CHRIST'S PROMISE; as we let-go we're delivered from our illusions.
*OUR PROMISE; is to let-go so we may receive His blessings.
8. FOR THYN IS THE KINGDOM AND THE POWER AND
THE GLORY FOR EVER AND EVER (ALL CENTERS)
*CHRIST'S PROMISE; all that we could ever want is already within us.
*OUR PROMISE; to receive all that Our Father is and to give our praise
and all that we are so that we may receive and give more and more.

Not that I agree with all of it, but there's a certain truth if you know what to look for.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Oh good someone who has their own thoughts to ADD, not muddle..

And to everyone else. If you insist on misunderstanding everything I write just forget all the bible crap.

I do almost fit one religion and this will make it easier for us to talk.

Call me a buddhist. I follow Jesus, as many things he says are very buddhist.. I DO NOT follow the bible nor have I read more than about 20 pages of it total. Well that plus genesis.. Anyone who doesn't understand Genesis as explaining physics won't understand my take.

Oh and here is a short "poem" I made about 9 years ago explaining it:

"The vibrations are calling, energy increasing, strange experience not ceasing, The energy is called god by me, I dont wish to offend if you disagree. It flows through me, changing me, very subtley, yet most powerfuly, Permanently, join me, become free, enlightened we'll be!"

~Me

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

The point is you dont need to try and live a good life because Jesus already lived a perfect one. I am not "Holier than thou" I am a fellow sinner.

Wait.
What??

"You don't need to try and live a good life"....did you really mean to say that?

God, I am so tired of this kind of excuse for not trying; and of people demeaning others as "fellow sinners". Please make them stop it. Amen.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I respect that. Personally, I like Buddhism a whole lot more than any other religion (besides Taoism) because the Dalai Lama himself said that Buddhism will have to change if science proves some part of it wrong.

I hope you enjoyed the bit I posted about the chakras, because it provides powerful evidence that Christianity is based on much older philosophies and sciences that can help us all develop a much more healthy spiritual condition.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I desired the truth more than anything and when my heart was fully committed to the truth is when i found it. God entered me via the Holy Spirit as referenced in the bible. My life and the way i lived it changed from that day on.

My attitude and thoughts are no longer dictated by the actions of others. My love for someone is not dictated by what they say to me, i forgive because i was forgiven, i love because i was loved. I desire for all of you to find the truth because i care about you, you will know when you find it.

Congratulations (Parabéns) I thank Jesus for helping me fully understand you.
Keep it going my friend.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Keep it going my friend.

^ Are you drunk? I can't think of any other explanation for such a ridiculous off-the-wall application of a dead revolutionary's name.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I respect that. Personally, I like Buddhism a whole lot more than any other religion (besides Taoism) because the Dalai Lama himself said that Buddhism will have to change if science proves some part of it wrong.

I hope you enjoyed the bit I posted about the chakras, because it provides powerful evidence that Christianity is based on much older philosophies and sciences that can help us all develop a much more healthy spiritual condition.

Orange part:

Exactly what I have been getting at this Whole Time. Anyone can read my posts and see it if they wish.. How did I find God? Meditation.. How did I find meditation? Hippy parents, the beatles, India...

I even mentioned Hermetics a few times in there, it's a clue guys..

33 vertebrae in the spine? (how "old" was Jesus?) HINT*

Kundalini.. The Serpent (same as in the bible,)
caduceus..

I only found Jesus quotes later, after he came to me.. I went online searching for pictures of Jesus first, adn it turned into a hunt. Turns out I like a lot of what he said.. People keep trying to make me christian, but I don't think Jesus would even recognize Christianity today.

The post about "The Light is within U" didn't give it away to anybody?

People keep saying I am mixing things together.. I am not. I am talking about the ONE. The I AM that IS.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by iSHRED

The point is you dont need to try and live a good life because Jesus already lived a perfect one. I am not "Holier than thou" I am a fellow sinner.

Wait.
What??

"You don't need to try and live a good life"....did you really mean to say that?

God, I am so tired of this kind of excuse for not trying; and of people demeaning others as "fellow sinners". Please make them stop it. Amen.

Yea see I am not in agreement with that post either.. I have a different understanding of Sin, and of Jesus.

Where you the thread starter, about "God is not a person?" (avatar seems same)

If so I agree with you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So what's your take on sin? I think you might be familiar with my ideas, but I'm not sure I've ever read yours.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by voyger2

Keep it going my friend.

^ Are you drunk? I can't think of any other explanation for such a ridiculous off-the-wall application of a dead revolutionary's name.

What? I didn't understand ... what "ridiculous off-the-wall application of a dead revolutionary's name" ?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Jesus didn't help you understand any of that. Whats-his-name explained it. That's how you understood. If everyone used the name of Jesus as frivolously as you just did, then it's worthless. And from where I'm sitting, it looks like Jesus and "God" are just catchphrases to activate magical effects in your life, or to express gratitude thereof. There's no actual thinking or cognition involved. In fact, I'm thinking that Jesus and "God" are just used nowadays because people are too lazy to think of actual answers. They are default options.

"The weather is beautiful! Praise Jesus!"

"Wow, that was a good game! Praise Jesus!"

"I had to use the bathroom, sorry. Praise Jesus!"

'Praise Jesus' makes anything sound good. Must be that magical ingredient that eliminates the necessity of intelligent thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join