It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The bible speaks about giving up your life for Christ, and when you do this you will be transformed. I heard this my whole life and called myself a Christian but I didn't commit my life to the principles and way of living taught by Jesus. One day about 7 months ago it all clicked for me. I desired the truth more than anything and when my heart was fully committed to the truth is when i found it. God entered me via the Holy Spirit as referenced in the bible. My life and the way i lived it changed from that day on.

For you to fully desire the truth yet rule out God or anything else, is an oxy moron. You dont fully desire the truth if you rule anything out. Now i know the truth and what is not true. If God is all powerful could He not give me the knowledge of the truth??? Of course He could (all powerful).

And it's not about just believing what someone tells you and blindly following anything, it's about fully committing your heart to the essence of truth and the desire to know it and live it, even if it means going against what you currently believe.

I would call Christianity a conspiracy however in that it is a world religion. The world is Satan's dominion and the things in it are false. It is clear that there is evil in the world as well as in each of our fleshly desires.

Christianity won't save you, Jesus will save you and set you free from the world. My attitude and thoughts are no longer dictated by the actions of others. My love for someone is not dictated by what they say to me, i forgive because i was forgiven, i love because i was loved. I desire for all of you to find the truth because i care about you, you will know when you find it.

Knock and the door will be opened.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Beautifully said. Thank you for sharing.
Andddd as I'm sure you know - get ready for those who will troll and bash your belief.
But don't forget. It's usually when you're getting bashed that you know you're doing something right.

peace and God Bless You and Yours in 2013...and beyond...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
:/

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Good point about getting bashed.

What I believe and what others believe doesnt change the truth. The truth is the truth no matter what and no one can change it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Nicely written OP

But you could have just said: the Bible.

edit on 14-12-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

If i said that, is there any chance of leading anyone on here to discovering the truth?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
We're all so happy for you and your new found religion. But, how is this in the Conspiracy Forum?

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
reply to post by silo13

Good point about getting bashed.

What I believe and what others believe doesnt change the truth. The truth is the truth no matter what and no one can change it.

so if someone disagrees with the whole giving up your life for christ and god entering you via the holy spirit whatever that is supposed to mean they are bashing you okay will make sure i don't comment on the ridiculousness and childishness of those statements. Nor will I comment on the ability of christians who have the lead by a mile on persecuting people who don't swallow the same story as them or have a lifestyle that the ancient book deems wrong feeling oh so persecuted.
i will just say that i agree wholeheartedly with your second comment, "what i believe and what others believe....." the truth is most definitely out there and will not change.

Whilst you have such a close relationship with god could you have a little word with him about the horrendous suffering he allows to not only continue but escalate every day, could you have a word with him about the catholics raping children in his name and covering it up at the highest level, get him to clarify his feelings on women, gays, war, slavery, mutilating childrens genitals, what days you can eat fish on,how long your beard should be and for what reasons you can hit your wife. i feel he has left way too much open for interpretation by the "righteous" people that know that everything they do is okay even if the good book says it isnt obviously a mistranslation but when it gives them an excuse to hate every word is the absolute truth almost written by gods own hand.
be well

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

If i said that, is there any chance of leading anyone on here to discovering the truth?

It was actually one of the first words you said; to me the rest was elaboration. Maybe others won't see it as I do and your plight might not be in vain. But my opinion means nothing here, as it shouldn't.

Would you admit that The Bible is where your truth came from, and in fact how you've come 'know' it?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

its not my religion i found, its the opposite. Religion is about me and what i do, the truth is... its not about me at all.

and you may be right about wrong forum, or it may be the right one due to me calling christianity a conspiracy.

christianity being a conspiracy because it is the right info presented in the wrong order.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
You talked about the truth... but I didn't get what truth that you are talking about. Truth about what?
edit on 14/12/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
well my philosophy is do no harm to any other, be kind to cranky old people, accept everyone else has a reality all of their own going on in their minds.. I've given money to homeless people, gave one a few hamburgers but the old bugger grumbled and put them down and walked away.. lmao..

But they were his to do with as he wanted..

Now, if I get 7 people to follow my teachings of giving hambugers to the homeless, and how it's not nice to be nasty to each other, where's my church?!

flippin' ripped off I am.. again

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

It was actually one of the first words you said; to me the rest was elaboration. Maybe others won't see it as I do and your plight might not be in vain. But my opinion means nothing here, as it shouldn't.

Would you admit that The Bible is where your truth came from, and in fact how you've come 'know' it?

The bible contains all the truth but without prayer and fellowship with God you may not understand what you read.

Like if i had a book on quantum physics i wouldnt understand it. But if i had the same book and sat down with an expert on the subject im sure he would make clear things i would have not otherwise figured out.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

If you want to call Christianity a conspiracy, then do so. Explain why and explain why we shouldn't view your OP as anything other than you spouting off your beliefs, hoping to bring more people to your "Christ."

Just throwing in, at the end of your OP, as an after thought, "And, Oh by the way, Christianity is a conspiracy because it's a religion," doesn't a conspiracy make.

Don't go and tell me, then, that you're not religious after you site a religious book as truth, religious prophecy as proof of your version of God, and that you have given your life to Jesus, in ritual, as the Bible says to do, like a good Christian.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

deleted

so good i posted it twice hehe

edit on 14-12-2012 by glassspider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

wow giving food to people who need it and not forcing them to listen to a sermon as they eat and being good to people around you, not judging and accepting people for who they are, why wasn't it your religion everyone got caught up in :0)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Faith. That's all that separates believers from non-believers.
You have Faith that there is a God, and therefore you know he is real.
Others have faith that there is not, and therefore they know he is not.
Faith is all it has ever come down to.

However, faith is not the same as knowing.
Facts grant us knowledge based on reality. We should never have faith in what we believe to be true, but realize that we are always subject to changing our ideas to match observation.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I didn't think I was going to like your post...

I agree with Everything in it. Everything? Everything...

It's how I found God too. I wasn't a Christian, not sure I am now either. In fact I grew up hippy liberal, before liberals got all hipster annoying haha.. Didn't know ANY christians, never went to church, and had never seen a bible.. but something strange happened to me one day.. I was always looking for truth.. I was meditating and I started to feel energy come in to me.. The wierdest thing happened..

My mind had a thought.. My mind said, and my mouth followed: "Jesus come inside my heart."
I was filled with Love. Then my mouth said "Hi God." That's when I was in Golden liquid light Bliss..
Literally it was the Holy Spirit.. Love. I felt like

God was always there ready for me... Strange when I tell Christians this story they try and tell me it was demons a lot of the time... More Fear and all that..

You are right, this world is Not Godly.. Hard to find the truth, and whatever darkness there is, it doesn't like it when you know God, the True God, not some guy with actions in some book...

My whole life changed after that.. I was kind of a judgmental cynical scientific azz hole. I hated the world and all the people.. Now I Love the people. Still not too attached to the world though.

People who say you cannot know, don't know.. When you know you know.. If it's snowing outside it's snowing outside. If you got punched in the face, you got punched in the face. If you let God in, you have let God in, and there may be some effects...

edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by glassspider

God treats man no different than he does an ant or a deer. We are all 'reflections' of our creator. I say reflections metaphorically. Suffering exists because reality is dualistic, it contains two equal and opposite pieces from the very fabric of existence to the greatest celestial pattern detectable. Our creator is non dualistic, in which everything we experience within this dualistic reality is contained within our creator's vision.

Suffering will exist so long as man does not focus on his heart's true longings, and rather on his learned and 'cultured' beliefs/wants/desires. It has nothing to do with what 'god thinks'... its so simple man can even figure it out... some of us atleast

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Whilst you have such a close relationship with god could you have a little word with him about the horrendous suffering he allows to not only continue but escalate every day, could you have a word with him about the catholics raping children in his name and covering it up at the highest level, get him to clarify his feelings on women, gays, war, slavery, mutilating childrens genitals, what days you can eat fish on,how long your beard should be and for what reasons you can hit your wife. i feel he has left way too much open for interpretation by the "righteous" people that know that everything they do is okay even if the good book says it isnt obviously a mistranslation but when it gives them an excuse to hate every word is the absolute truth almost written by gods own hand.
be well

There was a study where a bunch of great minds got together and tried to answer the question, "What is wrong with the world?" They all came up with all these reasons and one of them just said "I am"

I didnt understand this at first but later that day i took a little sauce tray from a restaurant with my to-go box. Then i went to the auto parts store to buy a trailer hitch. The guy at the store said I should get one with a lock because people like to steal them. I said "Thats so lame that i even have to worry about people stealing my hitch" But as the words came out of my mouth, i remembered taking the sauce tray and remembered the study and the guy saying "I am" and it all made sense.

The world gets no better by pointing fingers but only fixing your own actions. You talking about how horrible the world is but you are part of the problem.

You may disagree but in the eyes of a sinless God, sin is sin is sin.

Dont worry about the law in the bible, only love God and love your neighbor as yourself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join