It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Another unimaginative OP claiming ???"God is real"??? Because... I SAID SO!

How dissapointing to think, this person believes you can only ever alter your behaviour and have insights into human nature if you believe in "god". More like, what the hell took you so long? Can we start talking about real issues that concern all the people on earth now? Probably not, because we can't have access to the "truth" as you deem it to be. How about you ask god to move you and all your fellows to another planet.. Have an awesome apocalypse party.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Great post OP, and about 7 months ago is also the same time I was saved (after nearly 30 years of atheism). God is not something that one person can prove to another, but God can certainly prove Himself to you. If you are humble and willing enough to sincerely throw yourself down, admit that you are a sinner, admit that you need Jesus to save you from your sin, and that you are willing to do any and everything He asks of you, you will be filled with the Holy Spirit. People ask what that means, and it's hard to explain, but it's like a heavy evil leaves your body and pure Love hugs every part of your being. That's how it was for me at least.

Then you begin to see the world differently, you see how Satan is truly the ruler of the Earth, and how he has trapped us through deception and corruption of our seed. This is why Jesus says you need to be reborn of the spirit, not of the flesh, because our flesh (DNA) has been corrupted. If you would have seen the life I was living, and the way I'm living now, at minimum you would know some great change has taken place. I'm certainly not perfect, and daily I need to humble myself, but temptation is nothing compared to what it was. I accept, and even welcome the hatred and insults thrown at me, because I know the source and the reason for this.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

You brought me joy reading that, God is there and wants us to join Him in life. When you do it is like your soul was in a desert and it's thirst is finally quenched.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by glassspider

"Whilst you have such a close relationship with god could you have a little word with him about the horrendous suffering he allows to not only continue but escalate every day, could you have a word with him about the catholics raping children in his name and covering it up at the highest level, get him to clarify his feelings on women, gays, war, slavery, mutilating childrens genitals, what days you can eat fish on,how long your beard should be and for what reasons you can hit your wife. "

You seem to be mixing up man and god.. If you were a man writing a piece of the bible you'd sneak in a few bits about how women should cook you breakfast every morning, or similar..

God is not your baby sitter. You are here to grow and Love and be Loved..

Free Will was a wonderful gift. We have not been using it wisely.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

well thank you oh enlightened one. my mistake i thought that religion had a lot to say on the issues i brought up, i am of course the one who has blindly followed my learned and 'cultured' beliefs/wants/desires. whilst the religious amongst us are forging their own path with a wisdom that we dont have access to cos god didn't enter us via the holy spirit hahahaha(great phrase)
your message was beautifully patronizing though i can appreciate that

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I am going to bed. I enjoyed the discussion.

You can try all you want to describe a sunset to a blind person, but they will never understand its beauty.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

and how exactly have you decided i am part of the problem what do you know of how i have moved through the world i dont believe in a magical man in the sky only granting the wishes of the faithful so i must be a bad person,

sin is sin is sin yet again a stupid phrase that means naff all, what sins do you know ive committed? you know absolutely nothing about me yet youve decided im a sinner and part of the problems with the world, well done did your god tell you this or did you just make it up so you can do the whole holier than thou crap you god botherers are so fond of

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I notice you frequently use 'them' and 'they' when you defend your beliefs. You try to justify your point of view by saying 'the religious amongst us' behave in a specific way. My friend, you cannot let what others do affect your own belief system. The truth is within you, literally and figuratively. Truth is another name for god. Labels serve an injustice to mystical things such as our creator and higher powers. Create your own definitions with your own experiences, find the desire to search for truth and focus on it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I agree! Not only are we expected to live to a "Christian ideal" that most everyone these days lives to anyway; but if good things happen, it's a 'blessing' or a 'gift from God' - why can't I be responsible for my own accomplishments, why do they have to be credited to some God who for all know, sits on high, picking his nose and not paying any attention to any of us?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

i agree with you yes the bible was made by man trying to control other people putting in things that they wanted for themselves, you'd think the all powerful all seeing god would have stepped in and said woah hang on a minute i never said any of this this is slander.... woah there why are you mutilating your childrens genitals, wtf is all this killing the first born of the other religious people, why are you stoning gay people and rape victims, but nope no god stepping in no prayers being answered no big man in the sky watching over us, our judgement and morals come from the society around us bible not necessary you hurt, kill rape or mame your community will have plenty to say about it. do it in the name of religion however different matter

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

You seem to be mixing up man and god.. If you were a man writing a piece of the bible you'd sneak in a few bits about how women should cook you breakfast every morning, or similar..

Can I do that too? Pick and choose what is man's word and what is God's word from the Bible? Hand me an Exacto Knive, I've go work to do!

The Bible is responsible for the highest immorality in what it taught about women and their treatment. You want the Bible God? You gotta take all of what he represents.

link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

good point well made, now dodge the holy boogers freshly picked to rain down on the godless hehe

link   
reply to post by iSHRED

The world is Satan's dominion and the things in it are false.

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
-Matthew 28:18

So Jesus has authority on earth, yet the world is Satan's dominion?
You might need to rethink your theology.

edit on 14-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by glassspider
reply to post by iSHRED

and how exactly have you decided i am part of the problem what do you know of how i have moved through the world i dont believe in a magical man in the sky only granting the wishes of the faithful so i must be a bad person,

Does a pool make you wet if you sit outside the fence not seeing it?
Does the Ice cream man hand out Icecream to all the kids inside on their XBox?

It is not a judgement from a God that does not act. It is a choice you make. Why should God force itself upon you, that would not be very respectful of your beliefs..

No one here is talking about a magical man in the sky. It is bad that we have to use a word to describe God, because it makes it into a thing, and because man creates things on earth they imagine something human like as a God..

The closest way I can define God would be either Love, or Knowing, or Bliss, or the One..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

i dont know what sins you've committed, all i know is you have committed some. But thats not even the point. The point is you dont need to try and live a good life because Jesus already lived a perfect one. I am not "Holier than thou" I am a fellow sinner.

i dont hate you for what you do or think. I only encourage you to seek the truth with every essence of your being and dont turn away from what you find.

You are loved.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Can I do that too? Pick and choose what is man's word and what is God's word from the Bible? Hand me an Exacto Knive, I've go work to do!

God does not Speak.. There are some wise words in the Bible, and a lot of it is a map to righteousness, but a lot of it is cultural to the times, and some of it is just wrong..

I don't read the Bible to know God's words, because god is in me, and I in Him.

You cannot tell me what I have to do. I didn't find God in the bible. I found the bible after God. I like Jesus' words mostly, but in all honesty I havn't really read much of it at all. The bible is proof of nothing to me, so I can take what I choose, and leave all the crazy.

Thank you for allowing my free will.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
I am going to bed. I enjoyed the discussion.

You can try all you want to describe a sunset to a blind person, but they will never understand its beauty.

again once you find god your mind gets a lot narrower, my blind friends and the blind children i have worked with fully appreciate the beauty of a sunset. such a narrow view of the world you have we have many senses when they're not being dulled by childish beliefs. they just wont have the same impression as you about the sunset which is the crux of the matter you've found god and have your opinion which is the only truth your experiences are the only experiences other people disagree with you therefor they have an invalid opinion apparently.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

There was a study where a bunch of great minds got together and tried to answer the question, "What is wrong with the world?" They all came up with all these reasons and one of them just said "I am"

I didnt understand this at first but later that day i took a little sauce tray from a restaurant with my to-go box. Then i went to the auto parts store to buy a trailer hitch. The guy at the store said I should get one with a lock because people like to steal them. I said "Thats so lame that i even have to worry about people stealing my hitch" But as the words came out of my mouth, i remembered taking the sauce tray and remembered the study and the guy saying "I am" and it all made sense.

The world gets no better by pointing fingers but only fixing your own actions. You talking about how horrible the world is but you are part of the problem.

You may disagree but in the eyes of a sinless God, sin is sin is sin.

Dont worry about the law in the bible, only love God and love your neighbor as yourself.

Wow - sooooo good it needed posting twice.

*hug*

peace

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by glassspider

i agree with you yes the bible was made by man trying to control other people putting in things that they wanted for themselves, you'd think the all powerful all seeing god would have stepped in and said woah hang on a minute i never said any of this this is slander.... woah there why are you mutilating your childrens genitals, wtf is all this killing the first born of the other religious people, why are you stoning gay people and rape victims, but nope no god stepping in no prayers being answered no big man in the sky watching over us, our judgement and morals come from the society around us bible not necessary you hurt, kill rape or mame your community will have plenty to say about it. do it in the name of religion however different matter

I agree with all that you said here, but God is maybe a bad word for me to use for you.. God is in your heart. God does "see" all, but not with eyes. God is not in one place. God has no hands to write the Bible, or to save abused children. Some of it was inspired by god, and was written down, but truth doesn't fit inside our english vocabulary very well, nor any other language for that matter..

It's all within you. It's also all up to you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

but i dont, He reigns over the earth but still does not interfere with free will

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join