It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by glassspider
reply to post by Dustytoad

I have to disagree with the notion that we are born in sin and every move we make damns us to hell if we don't say the right words on the right day and pay for the churches roof, I'm deeply insulted on a human level by the fact that the people at the top especially in the catholic religion dont believe themselves what they are preaching, if they did the sickening and immense amount of child abuses and cover ups could never happen, if the preachers truly believed what they told the kids in church they could never do the things they have done or help to cover it up without living in blind terror of the wrath of their god.

How is this in disagreement to me? I didn't mention hell. Hell is but a sate of mind. A figurative distance from god. God feels like the best Bliss ever X 10, and moving further and further from that will make your soul ache. If you read genesis carefully you will know that God is the Original Creator. God is something like the Force in starwars.. The universe was vibrated into existence. Stay in sin and you get to come back as in to earth. There is no wrath.

Priests are symbols before god, and churches are buildings..

I think you mistake me for a christian haha

6 6 6 is more like Carbon.. 6 electrons, 6 neutrons and 6 protons.. We are carbon based life forms.. We were alive before we came here, you just don't remember, I don't remember... try explaining atoms to people living in clay houses who believe floods are caused by magic gods.. Characters had to be created because everyone understands a good storyline..

You keep going all christian on me, and I do use a lot of their work, but god is bigger and more awesome than any one entity could ever be.

If you have ever tried to leave your body you will notice that everything the bible says is bad, actually makes you "heavy" It's not a punishment it's just how the universe works.. Sin is Life, and we came here on purpose. The bible messes up a lot of things, and people's view of sin, judgment, punishment, evil, good are some of the least understood..

I don't want to keep coming back here, and I'm trying to leave. This Earth is like a magnet. Your body is like a magnet.. Your soul is like a metal ball trapped in the magnetic field of the heart. If you like the earth you will come back.

"A rich man getting into heaven is like a camel passing through the eye of a needle" Well that's ok he's having fun, and he'll be back next life to have some more fun. It's not bad to be on earth, but it's not my cup of tea.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pbasonuk
People who take the bibles as litteral words are fricking crazy.

If you study properly, you will realise the whole things is not just an astronomers attempt at teaching the general public about the universe but also teaching people how to open up parts of the brain to activate a higher level of conciousness.

If you look at it this way, it will suddenly all click in place.

YES.

Exactly...

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light"

The Light is Within U

edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Jesus Christ encouraged slavery in the new testament, how can you believe in such a vile,
cruel man? not only encourages but lays down the rules for it.......... he was a sick immoral
individual and i cannot for the life of me understand why he is so idolized. its right there in
the bible along with all the other morally corrupt horrid things that were done in gods name......
edit on 14-12-2012 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Christianity is a spiritual brotherhood, this is what the Church in totality actually is, not an institution or a building, but a spiritual brotherhood forged in the blood of the Living God.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Dustytoad,

You have your own religion. It's a hybrid that you have created that fits with your present time circumstances, but changes as you go along.

Your God doesn't punish, but he saved you. You don't believe in the Bible but you've quoted it to back of your point of view.

You say that there is one God, you asked Jesus into your heart, but you don't understand the connection between Jesus and God.

You think it's funny that women were oppressed, raped, murdered and deemed responsible for the "sin of the world," by this God's orders. But to you, t's just some guys trying to trick women into staying in the kitchen to make you breakfast.

Everything in your God's world is all unicorns and fairies, but you hope that you don't have to reincarnate into the world again, because the world, which your God created, is all evil.

You have made up and taylored a belief system for yourself, not really founded in the Bible, Jesus or any of the precepts to the Christian religion, yet you're here preaching your "truth" as empirical TRUTH that we all should accept.

That's fine, if your happy in your personal truth, but others of us have also found their own truth, and live within their own moral construct, with or without your Jesus and your God and your chosen Bible verses.

If you are truly interested in my beliefs, as you have asked me to post my beliefs, you are welcome to peruse these:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 14-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is my sole response to this thread:

Logical People: What's your basis for this belief?

Christians: Screw logic, I love Jesus!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Christianity is NOT a religion..... it is a philosophy.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

As a philosophy, it still sucks. One half contradicts the other half. Thou must love thy neighbor, but here's this laundry list of people who are going to hell by default. There was no way THAT set up could ever go wrong. Here, let's tell them to love and respect one another, then give them two hundred different reasons not to.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

It's a philosophy that has a God and a savior and Holy Book, written by a God. It has a rituals like baptism and holy communion.

It's a philosophy that requires one to proselytize. And it's a philosophy that teaches of eternal damnation to unbelievers who don't accept this philosophy, which requires leaps of faith.

Can you point out another philosophy that contains these necessities?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

You think it's funny that women were oppressed, raped, murdered and deemed responsible for the "sin of the world," by this God's orders. But to you, t's just some guys trying to trick women into staying in the kitchen to make you breakfast.

Yo seem to have trouble reading.. I never said anything about raped women being funny... You are making that up ..

Everything in your God's world is all unicorns and fairies, but you hope that you don't have to reincarnate into the world again, because the world, which your God created, is all evil.

I never said anything about evil. That is a connotation you make up in your mind based on YOUR beliefs. I only said I don't plan on coming back, but there is nothing wrong with anyone's choice as to what they want. Sin is not a bad word in my vocabulary, it is merely a noun meaning physical. God created all. We came here by OUR choice. Out of eternity into time... You can blame yourself for that.

Quote me the unicorns part.. ?

You have made up and taylored a belief system for yourself, not really founded in the Bible, Jesus or any of the precepts to the Christian religion, yet you're here preaching your "truth" as empirical TRUTH that we all should accept.

I never preached or told you to accept anything. I only said I know God. I didn't say I knew anything else... It i my truth, so yes you cannot have it. You and others keep trying to change it to your beliefs going back and forth making me be christian and then not christian... I Know God. This is the thread, it's not Bible study...

That's fine, if your happy in your personal truth, but others of us have also found their own truth, and live within their own moral construct, with or without your Jesus and your God and your chosen Bible verses.

Good.

And to your lists of threads.. No. I would rather you post in this thread what it is you think, because I don't think you know god very well, with your judgemental tone, and reading comprehension issues.. You want me to use the bible and be christian, and say I support enslaving women, when in fact anyone who knows god LOVES all people.

Love God FIRST, and THEN Love thy neighbor as thyself..

Stop being offended, and speak about what you think is right. When all you focus on is what you think is wrong you come off as a bottom feeder..

EDIT:

YOUR threads which I did decide to read are all about how you don't like the Christian God based on the Bible written by men... I completely agree. SO What ARE you on about?

You think Christians OWN God? OWN Jesus?? You think my parents own me? You think anything does??

What are your thoughts.. Not Anti thoughts. I don't want to know what you are against. What are you FOR??

That third thread is talking about the TRUE God.. But it's not your thread.. Did you not notice I said God is NOT a Person? I've been saying it the whole time...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

It's a philosophy that requires one to proselytize. And it's a philosophy that teaches of eternal damnation to unbelievers who don't accept this philosophy, which requires leaps of faith.

That's the problem I have with Christianity... You can be the most caring, loving, generous, accepting person on the face of the earth, but if you don't take Jesus Christ as your savior you're damned to hell for all eternity. Doesn't make sense to me, and never will make sense. The only way it can come close to making sense for me is that Jesus is symbolic for love, caring, generosity, etc. And even then I don't see how hell could be an eternal condition.
edit on 14-12-2012 by irontoad30 because: name clairification

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by irontoad30

That's the problem I have with Christianity... You can be the most caring, loving, generous, accepting person on the face of the earth, but if you don't take Jesus Christ as your savior you're damned to hell for all eternity. Doesn't make sense to me, and never will make sense. The only way it can come close to making sense for me is that Jesus is symbolic for love, caring, generosity, etc. And even then I don't see how hell could be an eternal condition.
edit on 14-12-2012 by irontoad30 because: name clairification

I completely agree.. However hell is a state of mind, and can be experienced at any time. It's a distance (falling heavy down) from God. God is inside you all the time. The kingdom of heaven is within.. Jesus is not magic.. Jesus did it the same way we have to.. Eternity does exist, but you are not stuck there.. We got here didn't we? We can go back to.. Jesus blazed a trail, as did others.. None of them are special in and of themselves.. "With but a mustard seed of belief you can move mountains" and you Will do greater things than he..

But yes eternal damnation makes absolutely 0 sense I agree. You can tell it's false because it's a fear based tactic to get people to go to church. Also you cannot learn from that.. Free Will always exists..

These are the same problems I have always had with christianity, but I think most of it is just misunderstood..
People miss the obvious reincarnation references, and also miss that a lot of the time people saw jesus he was a spirit..

I saw him myself.. My avatar is based on this encounter.. The Power... And yet I didn't listen to him ahhaha.. That was a silly mistake, but it was mine to make. No one forces a scorpio's hand.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
3 part harmony -
i had 3 dreams - each shorter than the others.
no way could my earthly mind conceive these.
1) i was walking in pitch blackness. i saw a glow in the distance and thought ( since we all have free will) i have nothing to loose by going towards the light - after all i am completely alone and it is pitch dark - oddly i did not stumble. after a while i was getting closer to the light. then 3 tall guys dressed in typical mid eastern garb (robes and funny towel like hat) - i did not wish to approach them - but they seemed to be exactly in my way to reaching the glow. so i approached them and they did not seem to mind - as a matter of fact they just kept telling humorous stories - then all of a sudden - the tallest amongst them (probably 6'8") raised his right forearm and gestured as in a welcome. At that precise moment the glow was coming upon me. i stepped into the light at as soon as i did, the light washed away all earthly negativity and in it's stead was pure unearthly joy (no other word - so sorry guys).
i then noticed people to my left and right were lined up at what appeared to be a curb and a nice cobblestone road separated the other side, which was lined with folks and gorgeous women were coming outo nto there little verandas or decks from an two story structure dressed in nice floor length gowns. then all of a sudden each side started towards the middle of the cobblestone road and greeted one another as if not seeing an old friend or relative for many years.
end of the first.
2) i was riding along the market place in a bicycle rickshaw w/ a friend and stopped the rickshaw to look at some items. the same incredible feeling still overpowering me and all at this place, when i looked at one of the merchants (nothing cost anything) items it was plain to see he beamed w/ pride.
i then checked into the main lobby of the two story structure i saw from the other side.
i noticed a white glowing object in the center that all were staring at - it protruded warmth and energy.
end of second.
3) i was upstairs in a hallway that had endless doors and endless hallways. somehow i knew exactly where my room was. i opened the door, the inside was perfect for me.
i have not had any more of these types of dreams for at least 7 years now.

my 2 cents.
god is a creator force.
just sharing - ya got me a little chocked up - ty

btw - i had the feeling that nothing or nobody could bring any one else down (as in bummer) - also if you wanted to communicate - you just thought of them and they had the right to answer or not.
edit on 14-12-2012 by jibajaba because: additional

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I think any loving and merciful god would much rather be forgotten and watch its creations love each other, than be remembered and watch its creations destroy each other in its name. If that is not the case, then the god is not loving or merciful. It is self-absorbed and petulant, a spoiled child at best.

edit on 14-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

For you to fully desire the truth yet rule out God or anything else, is an oxy moron. You dont fully desire the truth if you rule anything out. Now i know the truth and what is not true.

Ah yes--Truth (big T).

Developed by Plato and ripped off by St. Augustine--turned the Good into God.

Problem is that even Plato couldn't fully prove his case. So, in summary: No, you do not know that God exists. No, you have not figured this whole thing out.

But I encourage you to keep trying.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I think any loving and merciful god would much rather be forgotten and watch its creations love each other, than be remembered and watch its creations destroy each other in its name. If that is not the case, then the god is not loving or merciful. It is self-absorbed and petulant, a spoiled child at best.

edit on 14-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You are changing what I said.. I said LOVE Everybody and God.. I am not a christian so I understand your confusion. God first because, well you'll just have to figure that one out.. It's a thing of grace, from gratitude..

God is Love, not Loving... God does not want to be forgotten,
"he lives in you." ~Lion King

If you forget Love, you cannot Love.. god is Love, so no it should not be forgotten.
God is not a person, I only say "HE" because masculine is the creative principle in Hermetics..
There is NO sky daddy. This world is our fault good or bad.. Letting the energy flow into your heart could only help this world.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
am i the only one here that wonders why people base there entire belief system on a BOOK, i mean its just a BOOK, i have many books , like jurassic park, it tells about dinosaurs be remade from a dna and walking around on an island, so why don't you believe that book, it sounds more logical than some magician snapping his fingers and POOF here we all are. One thing i've learned over the years is there is no magic, any magician will tell you that, its all illusion and fakery pretty much like this book you all hold so dear to your hearts. I just don't get it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by arielsdad

Magic does exist...but if you keep looking for magic in the wrong places, you'll never find it. The touch of your beloved's hand on your cheek, the laughter of your child, the feel of the wind in your hair as you sit on a beach watching the sunset, the thrill of electricity as a storm surges by overhead, falling from the sky and feeling absolutely free in those moments before you pull the string....these are moments where you touch fingertips with magic. That wonderful fuzzy warmth that radiates all over your body, the pure joy of being alive. True appreciation for the world and the people around you, and never wanting it to end because you've never felt so invigorated, so happy with what you've been given. Knowing that there is war and hunger in the world, and loving the world in spite of it. Embracing life, imperfections and all. That's true magic.

Magic doesn't exist? You haven't been paying attention.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by arielsdad
am i the only one here that wonders why people base there entire belief system on a BOOK, i mean its just a BOOK, i have many books , like jurassic park, it tells about dinosaurs be remade from a dna and walking around on an island, so why don't you believe that book, it sounds more logical than some magician snapping his fingers and POOF here we all are. One thing i've learned over the years is there is no magic, any magician will tell you that, its all illusion and fakery pretty much like this book you all hold so dear to your hearts. I just don't get it.

Are you saying you learned nothing from Jurassic Park? Fight Club? The Matrix? The Three little Pigs? the Odyssey? Shakespeare?

It would be so weird if people encoded knowledge in fictional stories wouldn't it?

Am I the only one here who wonders why everyone keeps thinking this thread is about a book? Life is just a life, why should I believe anything? I don't... I do try to figure it all out though, and no information will go unsearched, as long as I have time..

my whole search started with an experience out of no where. I'm not special either.. Knock on the door... It WILL open.. I asked Jesus "come inside my heart" I DID NOT SAY IT... My body did... I didn't even know that was a concept.. I didn't know what it meant and frankly It scared the shiz out of me... I WAS a scientific atheist.

Everything I quote is something I have found out on my own. I only later found the quotes. I only recently had access to a bible in the last year or so... I had my Jesus experience 10 years ago..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by arielsdad

Magic does exist...but if you keep looking for magic in the wrong places, you'll never find it. The touch of your beloved's hand on your cheek, the laughter of your child, the feel of the wind in your hair as you sit on a beach watching the sunset, the thrill of electricity as a storm surges by overhead, falling from the sky and feeling absolutely free in those moments before you pull the string....these are moments where you touch fingertips with magic. That wonderful fuzzy warmth that radiates all over your body, the pure joy of being alive. True appreciation for the world and the people around you, and never wanting it to end because you've never felt so invigorated, so happy with what you've been given. Knowing that there is war and hunger in the world, and loving the world in spite of it. Embracing life, imperfections and all. That's true magic.

Magic doesn't exist? You haven't been paying attention.

well that all sounds great but im talking about magic here you know making something from nothing, what you are talking about is a euphoic feeling not magic

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join