It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I care not whether you believe what you do...if fact I believe everyone is entitled to their beliefs. But posting a video off the net is Not Proof. What I have stated can easily be looked up by anyone who accesses the Vatican Website.

So you're not going to refute the info in the vid you keep trying to demonize to save face. The only reason is because you can't because you are wrong or you dodge in and out of threads spreading lies. Til someone hooks you. And that's an accusation not an attack.

Split Infinity
edit on 17-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Randy, Randy, Randy...LOL! You are still at this!? LOL!

I had a Good Laugh when I clicked on your reply as never in a Million Years did I expect for you to still be clawing or clinging to this topic. It seems that it must stick in your craw as to be honest I don't even remember what the Hell we were debating! LOL!

Ahhh...you'll get over it...maybe?

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

That does seem like it was a long time ago. Just think, in a week it will have been a whole year. Merry Christmas Split.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

That does seem like it was a long time ago. Just think, in a week it will have been a whole year. Merry Christmas Split.

Merry Christmas Randy! I try VERY hard to do something good for others on Christmas. I run several charities but I try to do something one on one with someone in need.

I am very lucky and even though I have worked very hard to be wealthy and I was not given anything other than my good health and mind as well as a good family and My Girl for the support as well as brain power that allows me to plan and create things that allow me such good fortune....there are many people who either did not have such support or perhaps turned left when they should have turned right and because of it have ended up living in their car or in a cardboard box.

People like this not only need food and shelter but they need one other very important thing that will help them rise up and take on their issues and Demons. This most important of things is SELF RESPECT.

When you can look at yourself in the mirror and see yourself and RESPECT what you see...all your other problems will seem much smaller and you will start looking at those problems as things that you are capable of solving rather than insurmountable mountains that you must climb.

Sure giving a person some food and a blanket may seem a nice thing to do as well as it should be done but unless you want these people to be on the street except this time they are full and a bit warmer...you must help them to help themselves.

There is no better way to do this than getting them to admit to themselves what exactly is the reason for them to be in the situation they now are in. Once they admit this to themselves then action must be concentrated on this issue. If it is Drugs or Drink then get them to a Detox Center...but THEY and THEY ALONE must want to go. If it is because they lost their job then you must get them to admit to themselves why they have allowed themselves to be living on the street?

SELF RESPONSIBILITY is a necessity for a person to have SELF RESPECT. The worse thing a person can allow themselves to believe whether these ideas are generated from their own mind or the minds of others is the idea that SOMEONE ELSE IS TO BLAME FOR THEIR CONDITION. We are ALL RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR ACTIONS and we all bear the scars of our actions results whether they are of the body or mind.

So get this person a bite to eat and either a blanket or a shelter to sleep in but if you want to really help them...help them to figure out where they went wrong, what is needed to get them back on their feet and most importantly...what they need to look into the mirror and see someone they can respect and be proud of.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

If you want to give God that authority, you have to totally surrender to his will and do what he asks.
reply to post by Deetermined

Im hoping this will give you some clarity when I say that the above paragraph can be read by you and understood hopefully by you too that God does not talk to people. Not in a literal sense anyway and its a known fact, God just doesn't communicate like we do as he uses all of his creation to do so including the Word (jesus). He uses "Word"s from other people...

How he speaks to you may be different than me.

Does God speak to you through your gut whereas you literally feel an intuition-truth?

Do you get answers to your prayer through song or reading (thats my meditative/prayer state)?

Does he speak to you through friends or strangers?

If he does not speak with you exactly like he does me then yes he speaks to all of us differently.

The above statements therefore mean that by knowing HIS will for ME(reading,friends,music), I have to listen to him through MY spirit, MY meditative state through songs, reading and friends. It is my way... YOU are on your own journey with God and what he says to you may not be what he says to me.

How does God speak to you?
edit on 23-12-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Merry Christmas Randy! I try VERY hard to do something good for others on Christmas. I run several charities but I try to do something one on one with someone in need.

I am very lucky and even though I have worked very hard to be wealthy and I was not given anything other than my good health and mind as well as a good family and My Girl for the support as well as brain power that allows me to plan and create things that allow me such good fortune....there are many people who either did not have such support or perhaps turned left when they should have turned right and because of it have ended up living in their car or in a cardboard box.

People like this not only need food and shelter but they need one other very important thing that will help them rise up and take on their issues and Demons. This most important of things is SELF RESPECT.

When you can look at yourself in the mirror and see yourself and RESPECT what you see...all your other problems will seem much smaller and you will start looking at those problems as things that you are capable of solving rather than insurmountable mountains that you must climb.

Sure giving a person some food and a blanket may seem a nice thing to do as well as it should be done but unless you want these people to be on the street except this time they are full and a bit warmer...you must help them to help themselves.

There is no better way to do this than getting them to admit to themselves what exactly is the reason for them to be in the situation they now are in. Once they admit this to themselves then action must be concentrated on this issue. If it is Drugs or Drink then get them to a Detox Center...but THEY and THEY ALONE must want to go. If it is because they lost their job then you must get them to admit to themselves why they have allowed themselves to be living on the street?

SELF RESPONSIBILITY is a necessity for a person to have SELF RESPECT. The worse thing a person can allow themselves to believe whether these ideas are generated from their own mind or the minds of others is the idea that SOMEONE ELSE IS TO BLAME FOR THEIR CONDITION. We are ALL RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR ACTIONS and we all bear the scars of our actions results whether they are of the body or mind.

So get this person a bite to eat and either a blanket or a shelter to sleep in but if you want to really help them...help them to figure out where they went wrong, what is needed to get them back on their feet and most importantly...what they need to look into the mirror and see someone they can respect and be proud of.

Split Infinity

You have some amazing ability just in writing skills. A magnificent post from Split Infinity everyone.

But damn it, I wasn't attacking you when I said you like to dodge in and out of threads.
Because even tho it may not be as evident now, it did seem as such when I made that particular post. And I never declared that or even being a phantom a bad thing. But I'm sorry you did perceive it to be an attack on your persona my good man, I promise it wasn't meant that way.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No big deal...I am happy to see you are someone who I feel is worth talking to.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
@ the OP: I am very happy that you had a profound feeling of something or other.
It's cool that you have faith.
You know God exists, and there's absolutely no way you can prove it. That's cool too.

Now that you are a person of deep faith please refrain from helping anyone from bringing to law anything based solely on faith. It's not fair on the rest of us. It's not good for us. It's not better. It's rubbish.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

Whilst you have such a close relationship with god could you have a little word with him about the horrendous suffering he allows to not only continue but escalate every day, could you have a word with him about the catholics raping children in his name and covering it up at the highest level, get him to clarify his feelings on women, gays, war, slavery, mutilating childrens genitals, what days you can eat fish on,how long your beard should be and for what reasons you can hit your wife. i feel he has left way too much open for interpretation by the "righteous" people that know that everything they do is okay even if the good book says it isnt obviously a mistranslation but when it gives them an excuse to hate every word is the absolute truth almost written by gods own hand.
be well

There was a study where a bunch of great minds got together and tried to answer the question, "What is wrong with the world?" They all came up with all these reasons and one of them just said "I am"

I didnt understand this at first but later that day i took a little sauce tray from a restaurant with my to-go box. Then i went to the auto parts store to buy a trailer hitch. The guy at the store said I should get one with a lock because people like to steal them. I said "Thats so lame that i even have to worry about people stealing my hitch" But as the words came out of my mouth, i remembered taking the sauce tray and remembered the study and the guy saying "I am" and it all made sense.

The world gets no better by pointing fingers but only fixing your own actions. You talking about how horrible the world is but you are part of the problem.

You may disagree but in the eyes of a sinless God, sin is sin is sin.

Dont worry about the law in the bible, only love God and love your neighbor as yourself.

Very well said my friend, I agree. As far as the poster you quoted, how is it that every time something bad happens people blame God and not the sinful nature of man? He gave his son to redeem anyone who is willing to put their faith in him and ask for forgiveness and yet people hate him. It reminds me of the scripture that states
"The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify about it that its works are evil."

2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I dislike the word "God" because he's said to be a White man with a long beard and a robe sitting upon a throne in the clouds waiting for our judgement. This is what some people actually believe and it's mind boggling. "God" is "oneness" personified. We gave him an identity because we need to relate to something like us.

There is no one true God. There is no man sitting in the clouds watching over us. There is consciousness. There is us. We are all apart of a bigger picture and are all connected. People isolate themselves with religions and it gets us no where.

That "Godliness" you are feeling is actually your higher self or other higher beings that are able to communicate with you. We are never alone.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

I would like to think so, I am envious of your belief.
But I am me.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Envious? How so?

Growing up I was brought up in Roman Catholicism and no matter how much I tried for my parents and grandparents I felt so unbelievably wrong in a church and practicing one certain type of religion. This isn't how we're supposed to be spiritual. I felt I wasn't aloud to be myself and express how I needed to. "Church" in itself just feels wrong. "God" wasn't presented to us in a BOX so why should we sit in a box, mindlessly absorbing the same bull-ish all the time. Attending Church, in my opinion, is pulling you away from yourself. I don't need some creepy-pedo man in a dress blessing me and giving me communion to save my soul from "hell." I don't need to repent what I've done wrong to try and save myself. Only I can save myself. No text, no Father, or religion can help me because it's all within myself. I hold the power to my own universe. I am no better or lesser than any man seeing as we are all one.

But if people are comfortable absorbing the same information and accepting of being "brainwashed" than by all means. I couldn't do it.

Hell? We're already living it honey. I'm here to learn love and expand my love upon others. I've got a hell of a lot of love to give.

/inb4 "brainwashed" is rude.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I think you misunderstood the sarcasm in my post.

Enjoy the realization...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
The bible speaks about giving up your life for Christ, and when you do this you will be transformed. I heard this my whole life and called myself a Christian but I didn't commit my life to the principles and way of living taught by Jesus. One day about 7 months ago it all clicked for me. I desired the truth more than anything and when my heart was fully committed to the truth is when i found it. God entered me via the Holy Spirit as referenced in the bible. My life and the way i lived it changed from that day on.

For you to fully desire the truth yet rule out God or anything else, is an oxy moron. You dont fully desire the truth if you rule anything out. Now i know the truth and what is not true. If God is all powerful could He not give me the knowledge of the truth??? Of course He could (all powerful).

And it's not about just believing what someone tells you and blindly following anything, it's about fully committing your heart to the essence of truth and the desire to know it and live it, even if it means going against what you currently believe.

I would call Christianity a conspiracy however in that it is a world religion. The world is Satan's dominion and the things in it are false. It is clear that there is evil in the world as well as in each of our fleshly desires.

Christianity won't save you, Jesus will save you and set you free from the world. My attitude and thoughts are no longer dictated by the actions of others. My love for someone is not dictated by what they say to me, i forgive because i was forgiven, i love because i was loved. I desire for all of you to find the truth because i care about you, you will know when you find it.

Knock and the door will be opened.

Because you knocked i will open the door,
Because you desire truth with good intentions i will tell you;
Because you want to be saved from the world,
And because you say "And it's not about just believing what someone tells you and blindly following anything, it's about fully committing your heart to the essence of truth and the desire to know it and live it, even if it means going against what you currently believe."

thats why they say " the very first level of christianity means a complete denial of all of your desires, and everything that you've ever been."
Thats why they say "crucified to the world and the world crucified to you."
that means the world thinks of you as a fool that has nothing to contribute to society, and that there is nothing in the world that you could desire.

please watch all of the videos in my thread, and combine it with the Bible.
you dont have to.
Im just trying to get people to be like me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-1-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose
reply to post by Toadmund

Envious? How so?

This:

That "Godliness" you are feeling is actually your higher self or other higher beings that are able to communicate with you. We are never alone.

I would like to believe that, but until more strange things happen in my life I will for now chalk that up to the 'wishful thinking' category of belief systems.
'We are never alone', sounds nice, but are we REALLY never alone?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

You just described yourself to us as a prophet with a direct line to god. You must understand that I´m a little skeptical.

So what are those holy nuggets of wisdom that god wants you to tell to us? The devil rules the world so we should all believe super hard.

This is just old. At least come up with something more concrete and spectacular. This is just basic religious fear mongering.

I would be seriously disappointed if the god I believe in would have came up with that BS.

top topics

<< 30  31  32   >>

join