It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

edit on 14-12-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

As a psychologist I smiled after reading such beautiful answer

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

Brazil is insanely religious are you kidding me? Of course priests or whatever would go try and make the evil shamans stop brewing there brews.. What's up with the giant jesus statue?

But no Chapel Hill really is a liberal island.. Ironic name, but it's built on a hill.. It's a rich liberal place.. When New yorkers started moving in it got more republican.. But it's still like 80-20.. no one owns guns. Gay people are way more accepted than christians. No one talks about it..

I study psychology and archetypes and it was the first thing I looked into.. I've been reading Carl Jung's Liber Novus for the last year... (still grasping it, but anyway) The thing is I didn't want this.. I was a Strict atheist and was sure of my ways, and knew everything, I was perfect.

Then this happened and I was slapped down 10 notches.. I didn't want it. I didn't talk about the Jesus part for the longest time.

You don't know me.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube
I still keep looking for what exactly is this TRUTH people like so much to talking about.... Can someone explain to me?

Jesus IS truth.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word WAS God"

Pontius Pilate: What is truth?
Pontius Pilate: What is truth, Claudia? Do you hear it, recognize it when it is spoken?
Claudia Procles: Yes, I do. Don't you?
Pontius Pilate: How? Can you tell me?
Claudia Procles (Pilate's wife): If you will not hear the truth, no one can tell you.

www.imdb.com...

How One Is Saved

edit on 14-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid
reply to post by Dustytoad

Now you're just being an ass. I know exactly what rationale means, and it was the correct word choice.

Rationale: the fundamental reason or reasons serving to account for something

ok, but I wasn't being an ass on purpose. My tone was not being snarky. I was calm in my writing and don't use that word like that, because it has a connotation of meaning I have to have a reason to Believe Something rather than Know it Sorry.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Would not dream of bashing - Not my belief .............enough said!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

edit on 14-12-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

As a psychologist I smiled after reading such beautiful answer

beautiful? It's like a stab in the dark..
Sounds like hes talking more about the beginning of a panic attack..
How can you guys sit here and talk about something you have never seen?
And you think I am the weird one.

Starred above post.

edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Brazil is insanely religious are you kidding me? Of course priests or whatever would go try and make the evil shamans stop brewing there brews.. What's up with the giant jesus statue?

And your point is?

The point i wanted to show is as american or any western society to the matter has a very strong contact with Judeo-Christian mythology. None western escaped from that contact. If anyone has a "mystical experience" would automatic try to explain it using the knowledge they have. And in westerns case Judeo-Christian mythology was the closest answer. I doubt a eastern person would go for Jesus to explain a "mystical experience"

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

I still keep looking for what exactly is this TRUTH people like so much to talking about.... Can someone explain to me?

Jesus IS truth.

You, religious people, really like to avoid this question.
Why is so hard to stop and try to give an answer?
edit on 14/12/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

And your point is?

The point i wanted to show is as american or any western society to the matter has a very strong contact with Judeo-Christian mythology. None western escaped from that contact. If anyone has a "mystical experience" would automatic try to explain it using the knowledge they have. And in westerns case Judeo-Christian mythology was the closest answer. I doubt a eastern person would go for Jesus to explain a "mystical experience"

You don't know my hippy parents.. How do you think I started meditating..
I heard your point and said no I disagree..

Here's a better point.
Jesus Loves you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You have to find the answer.
Don't you think you would have figured it out by now if anyone could just tell you?
Words are analogous to experiences.. If you have not had similar experiences you cannot know what the symbols mean.

Wisdom is only gained through experience, even as the knowledge is in the thread it will literally mean nothing.

And please don't take this to mean I am calling you unwise. I am more civil than that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You have to find the answer.
Don't you think you would have figured it out by now if anyone could just tell you?
Words are analogous to experiences.. If you have not had similar experiences you cannot know what the symbols mean.

Wisdom is only gained through experience, even as the knowledge is in the thread it will literally mean nothing.

And please don't take this to mean I am calling you unwise. I am more civil than that.

I am not denying the fact you have an experience and you believe it was Jesus. But it doesn't mean it was Jesus or whatever other deity.

But... anyway whatever...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
The bible speaks about giving up your life for The image of what Christ supposedly wasChrist, and when you do this you will Allow yourselfbe transformed. I heard this my whole life and called myself a Christian but I didn't Allow myself tocommit my life to the principles and way of living taught by Jesus. One day about 7 months ago it all clicked for me. I desiredI wanted to believe the truth more than anything and when my heart was fully committed When i let go and listen to what peoples interpretation of the bible wasto the truth is when i found itWhen i gave my permission to find it. God entered me via the Holy Spirit as referenced in the bible. My life and the way i lived it changed from that day on. I wanted to change myself and my life and i found the mechanism to do that my using religion as a tool to allow myself to do this.

For you to fully desire the truth yet rule out God or anything elseTheir is no truth only image and millions of people saying there is the truth, is an oxy moron. You dont fully desire the truth Truth of what?? You are talking about such a broad subject the work Truth could apply to anything!!?!! if you rule anything out. Now i know the truth Of course you do, all Christian do, In fact all religious people do al 21 different groups doand what is not true. If God is all powerful could He not give me the knowledge of the truth??? Of course He could (all powerful).He is not a computer, you are not in some religious Matrix, information cannot be downloaded it you, it has to be learnt like every one else

And it's not about just believing what someone tells you and blindly following anything support/power and belief comes in numbers, it's about fully committing your heart to the essence of truth and the desire to know it and live it, even if it means going against what you currently believe. Sound like propaganda to me

I would call Christianity a conspiracy however in that it is a world religion. The world is Satan's dominion and the things in it are false. It is clear that there is evil in the world as well as in each of our fleshly desires.

Christianity won't save you, Jesus will save you and set you free from the worldNo.. You belive Jesus will save you so then you give yourself permission to save yourself... Basic Psychology. My attitude and thoughts are no longer dictated by the actions of others. My love for someone is not dictated by what they say to meSo if i say im gonna kill your kids destory you life, you will still love me??? Sounds delusional, i forgive because i was forgiven, i love because i was loved. I desire for all of you to find the truth because i care about you, you will know when you find it.

Knock and the door will be opened.

^^^^ Bold comments are mine.

edit on 14-12-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I am not denying the fact you have an experience and you believe it was Jesus. But it doesn't mean it was Jesus or whatever other deity.

But... anyway whatever...

No that was to your question to another poster about truth.. There is one main truth and that truth is ONE.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Congratulations on becoming a member of
the worlds most dangerous cult.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Themanwithnoname
Congratulations on becoming a member of
the worlds most dangerous cult.

Scientology doesn't win out?

@everyone Anyway guys If you reply to me I'll get back to you in the morning.. I'm a little drained from today. I was throwing up earlier, cause Im kind of a baby about that kind of thing..

Cya guys later. And If you truly scientifically want to know, you must first ask a question and then test it yourself. Controls are lacking, but it's the best you can do if you are honest in your search.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You are VERY confused...

You just got your answer from two different people.

Both answers came from two nonreligious people.

No one was trying to avoid your questions.

BTW religion will NEVER tell you the truth.

The answer from Dustytoad is one of the finest post's I have seen here in a LONG time.

I recommend rereading his post several times until you get it down inside of you.

Like I said: "If you will not hear the truth, no one can tell you."

To those who actually ARE serious about seeking the truth, here are some major clues that confirm what Dustytoad is saying:

edit on 14-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I'm glad you're happy. Your post was very beautiful.

My experience was similar but exactly the opposite.

I was 6 years old, sitting in church with my mother during a prayer, when suddenly I looked up and looked around me. Seeing all of the adults talking to an imaginary friend gave me such a horrible, sinking feeling. I felt like every adult that had ever stated their religion to me as 'the truth' had betrayed me. I felt like fleeing the church because the creepiness of the whole thing sank in.

It wasn't until years later when I saw an old re-run of 'Invasion of The Body Snatchers' on tv and how deeply that movie disturbed me that I was finally able to draw a parallel.

Again, I'm very happy that you are at peace and your endorphins pump when you think about your religion, but posting just to try to convert people seems a little bit fanatical. Live and let live, this place is for exchanging ideas and information, not recruiting for your church.

Some people are just as happy and complete without religion as you are with it. I won't belittle anyone's relationship with their god or gods, it's a very personal thing and I don't know what's best for anyone besides myself.

edit on 14-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

BTW, I was also involved in Scientology, ages ago in the early '70's, when L.Ron was still alive. I bugged out 'o there just after Ron started telling everyone that he was the reincarnation of Buddha.

I did learn a lot about myself and gained a lot of self control during my courses there, though. And, I got a interesting insight while auditing other individuals.

reply to post by definity

While I can appreciate your sentiment, your video's attacks on Joseph Smith are outdated. In reality, archaeologists did later find golden plates, just as he described, all through the Americas. www.deseretnews.com...

Also, ancient huge cities have been discovered all over the Americas. And, there are legends of "GODS" visiting the indigenous people of the ancient Americas.. It's uncanny that Joseph lied about things that were later discovered!

edit on 14-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessTofu

Some people are just as happy and complete without religion as you are with it.

I'm not saying this as fact or anything, just a discussion point, but how would they know? If you've never had a relationship with God, how do you know you can be just as happy and complete without it? Maybe what these people think is happy, is nothing compared to the happiness that God can bring? They wouldn't know any better.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

How I know god doesn't exist:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join