It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all Christians blindly hypocritical?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

You mean that Jesus it isn't a myth?

edit on 12-12-2012 by windword because: Jesus ooops

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by elitelogic

But it flies today. Due to our tolerant and accepting culture. (I wonder where that came from?)

Not from the Bible or from Christians. It came from free thinkers who questioned the status quo and refused to make religious values equal to secular values.

Jesus Christ (who is in the Bible, by the way...and who Christianity is named after) didn't preach tolerance and acceptance? Are you sure about that? Was is it some other religious figure who taught to turn the other cheek? Clothe and comfort your enemy?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by elitelogic

How about Alexander the Great?

Although, Alexander was ruthless in eliminating rivals to the throne, his treatment of occupied territories was remarkably progressive and tolerant. Alexander forbid his troops from raping and pillaging, but, established new democratic governments, incorporating the local customs of the area. He allowed religious tolerance for the different religious groups.
www.biographyonline.net...

He lived in 356 BC, by the way. He was not a mythical figure, either, he was a real live historical figure.

edit on 12-12-2012 by windword because: link

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I really do hope the day comes when the majority of people instead of the minority can just let # go and let others be as they are. I think people's beliefs are a highly personal matter and if someone uses a religion (or atheism which i count as a religion) as an excuse for poor behavior then blame the person, not the religion.

What I see happening between christians and atheists (as well as in most debate these days) is that each side becomes increasingly insular against the other and each side gets more proficient at building strawman arguments and tearing them down in front of their adoring audience. This just leads to contempt and possibly violence between both sides. It is counterproductive and dangerous and I know we can all be better than this.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

It's too bad he died (or was probably assassinated by power hungry generals) before he could consolidate the empire he had created. If such a large portion of the world could have been unified in a kind of progressive constitutional monarchy like it sounds like he was going for the world would be much different, and quite possibly for the better.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

So... you can respond with another trite, condescending, foolish comment, or you can drop your egotistical attitude and try to learn something.

Amazing and the whole time I thought you had the ego problem. I think you're putting way to much on something I didn't even write partner.

You need to simmer down.
Talk about judgmental.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

So... you can respond with another trite, condescending, foolish comment, or you can drop your egotistical attitude and try to learn something.

Amazing and the whole time I thought you had the ego problem. I think you're putting way to much on something I didn't even write partner.

You need to simmer down.
Talk about judgmental.

I don't need to do anything. Do you have something to say regarding the content of my posts? Or are you just responding to give me your assesment of myself.... (as if I give a flying F***)

Keep your personal opinions about me and my character to yourself and we'll get along just fine... as I don't recall making any such statements regarding you. There's a difference between an opinion about what you say as opposed to an opinion about who you are.... try to at least learn the difference.

Now... back to your original comment where you posted one of those feel good memes that isn't founded in any sort of biblical teaching and certainly isn't scriptural. I say it's BS... proove me wrong based upon scripture otherwise STFU.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Now... back to your original comment where you posted one of those feel good memes that isn't founded in any sort of biblical teaching and certainly isn't scriptural. I say it's BS... proove me wrong based upon scripture otherwise STFU.

STFU ? Ya, that's gonna happen. Why would I even think about trying to prove someone wrong over such a trivial post. Ease up before you give yourself an aneurysm.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

STFU ? Ya, that's gonna happen. Why would I even think about trying to prove someone wrong over such a trivial post. Ease up before you give yourself an aneurysm.

You're a funny guy.... and you seem to be overly concerned with my well being and not with the content of my posts. That's fairly typical of someone who has nothing to say.....

If what I say is so trivial to you, why bother responding? Your actions betray your true feelings. But by all means, continue to post nonsensical drivel and I'll continue to call you out.

Have a lovely evening...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Have a lovely evening...

I already am.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by ChesterJohn
here is proof that Atheist oppress Christians
www.foxnews.com...

Hmmm that is not being oppressive, that is more like stating an opinion about a belief without evidence. Being oppressive is when they try to say they will hurt you with hellfire.

Oh it's Fox News...

webster dictionary describes opression a bit different than you.
OPPRESSION
Oppression /Op·pres sion/ n. [F., fr. L. oppressio.]

1. The act of oppressing, or state of being oppressed.

2. That which oppresses; a hardship or injustice; cruelty; severity; tyranny.

3. A sense of heaviness or obstruction in the body or mind; depression; dullness; lassitude; as, an oppression of spirits; an oppression of the lungs.

It would seem any time a person tries to silence another by any means it is a form of oppression.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blownaway

Originally posted by blownaway
sorry dude science is stupid evolution isnt real. how much have you evolved lately. how many monkeys have you seen standing up and walking??? what is evolving not being genetically created like dog breading but evolving theyres a diff and ill tell you the answer not a dúüü thing. i dont want my kids to hear the dumb --- lies of darwin are for punk people like you to say we control when u punks are the ones controlling everything go have sex with a gorilla see if you create a human being i gaurentee you god is real and evolution is the stupidist idea ever created have u seen any new species come about no you havent and virisus mutate genetically not evolve so you dont have a ounce of proof. neither do i besides i can prove evolution was fake all day but youre to goofy to understand. i hate people like you. you dont know everything. and god and jesus are extraterestrial beings. we are a genetics program. when the end happens and youre wrong n u find out ima laugh ive died before haveu?

Ladies and gentlemen, I must admit defeat. This man has single-handedly proven that evolution is pure myth. I am awed by his superior intellect.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Dynamike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike

Wow, you sure give up easy.

Wanna debate life, the universe and everything? My opening is "42"

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I am thinking trolling is a more likely explanation for the silliness he is emitting.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I am sure most Christians just like other religious people and athiests are hypocrites....how many times do we not 'practice what we preach?'

It is imho part of human nature.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

You are right. We all are. The title was merely to engage a rigorous argument. I have respect for all views of life. I just dont want people to feel oppressed about what they think.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Maybe it's because atheists are responsible for the largest mass genocides in history in the shortest amount of time. Stalin and Mao together killed 170 million. Moreover atheists for some reason universally attack and are outraged by christianity, often ignoring other religions. I feel this focus is likely demonic and hence proves that the christian religion is the correct one.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I honorably accept your challenge.

In religion I have studied the Bible, Qur'An, Torah, the Tao Te Ching, Buddhism, Judaism, Catholicism, Christianity, Baptism, the Jehovah's Witnesses, and the Church of Scientology to name a few.

In science I have studied Biology, Evolution, Physics, Quantum Physics, String Theory, and Multiple Dimension Theories.

Pick your poison

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Okay, the joke is lost on you. Would suggest that you make your next course of study Douglas Adams.

If you'd like a real debate, apply to join the ATS Debate Forum. We'd love to have you.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Exodus-

"12:29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.
12:30 And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead."

God killed more.

History is full of people who killed others over religious beliefs. That is the nature of humans, not the result of teaching that religion is a falsehood.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join