It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange events concerning Dec 22nd 2012- Maybe a good idea to read this. Maybe not

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Amen boymonkey, let's wait and see.

I am not religous, I do not expect to be a part of the rapture, if there is such a thing, but it's interesting to see what people out there thinks and to consider all posibilities, it keeps my mind creative and awake.

You should try it Steve.

edit on 25/10/1978 by Odette because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Odette

i just want to say that even though this is much like the christian "rapture" story it's not the same thing. I do not believe in the rapture or the ascension scenerio so there's that too..but we have seen through out history and particularly within the past generation that groups of people have been led to mass suicide for cult like thinking ( of course they themselves would have not defined it that way)... Jones town, heavens gate, waco ( i'm adding this because it was not their choice to die but their leaders) etc... It can be any religion. People who preach you must do A.B.and C or you will never get to "heaven" ... whatever logical version of that was created and they can be benign or they can be very dangerous.. either way it's good to have a balanced perspective from both points of view so others can make their own valid opinion.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

But what makes the Bible, Quran and other holy books any different? They all prescribe a certain way of living in order to receive a 'reward'.

Ewok adviced people to become more spiritual, more in touched with themselve and inner knowledge, to meditate more, to trust yourself more, and even it what he is predicting for the 21st of December is not true, it is still good advice.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Odette

i agree that wanting to become a better person or have a greater spirituality isn't a bad thing... and all spirituality should be looked at and questioned...just like all religions.. which one fits you best. I think the problem though with the skeptics on this post is that his message has been look ignorant people the end of the world is here.. you must do this exercise precisely the way it's done everyday at such and such a time or your not going to heaven. Skeptics you will notice also question the christian, muslim, jewish, buddhist, hindu's , taoist etc.. there is nothing wrong in questioning it.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

To think outside the box is more important to me than to follow the rules.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I do not mind people questioning it. But they were not questioning him, they attacked him. These guys are acting as if nobody has the right to lift an opinion on ATS if it does not agree with what they themselve belief.

Nobody has the answers, nobody knows what will happen, yet, they ask for facts? What facts? And oh boy, if you have the facts wrong, you will get 'punished'. It is so small minded.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odette

But what makes the Bible, Quran and other holy books any different? They all prescribe a certain way of living in order to receive a 'reward'.

Ewok adviced people to become more spiritual, more in touched with themselve and inner knowledge, to meditate more, to trust yourself more, and even it what he is predicting for the 21st of December is not true, it is still good advice.

Nearly 2,000 years ago a man came along and said he was the son of God, and told people to love their neighbors as they loved themselves. What he did and said was different from the norm at the time so people had him nailed to a cross.

Later, around 1,000 years ago, a guy called Galileo Galilei said the Earth orbits around the Sun, and not the opposite. What he said was different from the norm at the time and people almost got him burned at the stake - others were not so lucky.

I am not comparing the OP to Jesus or Galileo, but I am comparing the angry mob who has taken over this thread to their tormentors. IMHO this thread doesn't have a lot more to give besides the OP's posts, in particular the video of his mother's meditation instructions, which is now buried under lots of useless posts, so I'll give you a link:

www.youtube.com...

Cheers,
Deny

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Odette

Whenever someone is going to preach the end of the world is nigh.. he better be prepared for all responses.. you can't tell people how to act and behave and think they will do it and it would be false to say otherwise.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

I agree with you Deny.

When I first discovered the thread, it was so annoying to get to the OP's parts, because I had to plough through pages, and pages, and pages of the critics parts. And also thanks for the link.

Gnosticagnostic: Uuummmm he did not preach the end of the world. He did not say anyone is doomed. He did not say it is the end. And even if he did, so what? It's his opinion. Take responsibility for your own.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Odette

anytime you want to see what a member has posted in any particular thread all you have to do is click on the member name and it pops up... you don't have to read or go through everyone else's response.. and when have I not taken responsibility for my opinion.. isn't that a little bit of what your preaching against here? I'll belittle your opinion because it isn't my own therefore yours is less than.. i never belittled your opinion.. but thank you for verifying mine.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odette
reply to post by steve1709

Steve, have you met his mother? Do you have proof that she was manipulated into making this movie? Were you there when it was recorded? Since you demanded evidence on all that was being said by Ewok, do you have evidence of anything that you disagreed upon?

Or are you, like Ewok, and so many others, just speculating?

This is where and why you are wrong.

Allow me to quote myself:

What you fail to consider is that the OP is simply lying.

Tag on all the mystic bells and whistles, throw in some hysteria, a dash of unbelievably poor storytelling, and you have 70% of the ATS crowd champing at the bit to agree with you.

Of course, that brings the lier in question all the stars and flags that go along with scamming the easily scammed, the inherent problem with the ATS system, and the reason why 90% of threads on this board can easily and logically be dismissed as utter BS.

Which is why I praise those who can see through the mess, and likewise make my bemusement entirely clear when I know that people are being played.

As in this situation.

Its not a matter of speculation. This guy is a liar. If you can't see that, then you're not using your head.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The way I see it is as follows: (not trying to tell you something you already know) Just net-out at this point.
1.) OP posts very interesting headline. Interesting for those of us who are serious about the subject, or those who love a good sh$$s and giggles.

2.) OP writes a story of HIS experiences and that of his MOM about some big thing that will happen on Dec. 22?
-- This pulls people in a little more, some really want to know more, others are already skeptical

3.) Questions, statements, opinions, some debated comes by the readers. (some real nasty comments and even threats between the posters)

4.) OP again posts some answers and comes through on his promise to post pictures.

5.) Again, -- This pulls people in a little more, some really want to know more, others are already skeptical

6.) #3 happens again,

7.) OP replies to most questions, in some cases, he is probably a little frustrated, and some of his responses are a little defensive and derogatory.

8.) More questions, Beleivers getting dug in, Skeptics asking for more proof, some attacking OP as a fraud, others just some personal comments, thread just keeps growing.

9.) OP again comes through and posts video that was requested by posters. He really comes through
10.) #3 happens again, more debate, more posts, Believers believe, Skeptics continue to be skeptic.

11.) #7 Again

12.) You get the picture. Either you believe or you don't. But you agree...interesting thread, some fun reads and overall OP has provided and interesting story.

Thats how I see it. Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy, Healthy New Year too!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

LOL so very true and welcome again to ATS this is how most of the threads go
only they don't usually last as long.. gotta give it to the OP for not being a quickie

Hope to see you around again..I'm off to other adventures

edit on 13-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
haha, thanks for the summary, I didn't want to read through 76 pages or whatever it is, and your post came in handy

should have that post repeated on every page

Originally posted by ItDepends
The way I see it is as follows: (not trying to tell you something you already know) Just net-out at this point.
1.) OP posts very interesting headline. Interesting for those of us who are serious about the subject, or those who love a good sh$$s and giggles.

2.) OP writes a story of HIS experiences and that of his MOM about some big thing that will happen on Dec. 22?
-- This pulls people in a little more, some really want to know more, others are already skeptical

3.) Questions, statements, opinions, some debated comes by the readers. (some real nasty comments and even threats between the posters)

4.) OP again posts some answers and comes through on his promise to post pictures.

5.) Again, -- This pulls people in a little more, some really want to know more, others are already skeptical

6.) #3 happens again,

7.) OP replies to most questions, in some cases, he is probably a little frustrated, and some of his responses are a little defensive and derogatory.

8.) More questions, Beleivers getting dug in, Skeptics asking for more proof, some attacking OP as a fraud, others just some personal comments, thread just keeps growing.

9.) OP again comes through and posts video that was requested by posters. He really comes through
10.) #3 happens again, more debate, more posts, Believers believe, Skeptics continue to be skeptic.

11.) #7 Again

12.) You get the picture. Either you believe or you don't. But you agree...interesting thread, some fun reads and overall OP has provided and interesting story.

Thats how I see it. Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy, Healthy New Year too!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Odette

Its really simple. You are jumping to more conclusions than the skeptics did. If you actually read through the posts, you would have seen that the skeptics NEVER name called the op. NEVER belittled the OP. Now some did 60 pages in AFTER the OP made it a point to belittle , name call, and demean each and every one of the skeptics that even remotely questioned the OP.

Ewok claimed peace and love and you had to do peace and love exactly the way he said or you would meet DOOM. Yes he did say these things. The first cracks in the armor came when we checked Ewoks post history on ATS. ( a common practice to use to find out how genuine an OP is when they claim to be the ONLY PERSON ON ATS to have knowledge of the end of the world. And as it turned out, Ewok has name called, belittled, and demeaned OP's from other threads who presented fantastical stories without any modicum of evidence. Hypocrisy? You betcha, page 49, take a look.

And another thing you wont seem to face, the OP changed their story, and wa caught in a lie. That means the OP is not just wrong, or opinion, but was a hoax. Nothing more, nothing less. A hoax. Personal opinion is fine, but if they truly believe it, their story wont change. The op's did.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
reply to post by ItDepends

LOL so very true and welcome again to ATS this is how most of the threads go
only they don't usually last as long.. gotta give it to the OP for not being a quickie

Hope to see you around again..I'm off to other adventures

edit on 13-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

Thanks gnostic!! Glad to be here, see you soon. Be safe and healthy!!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Marsoups

L
L!! Thanks marsoups. Yup, just trying to help and move things along. Have good one!!

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join