It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does the idea that Freemasons worship Lucifer come from??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SickOfLies
reply to post by defcon5

I agree with defcon5, and I like that he actually puts a point across and is open to a discussion where as the "freemasons" just disregard whatever is said that they dont agree with and say people are attacking and telling lies about them

Nonsense.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheLevel213

Originally posted by SickOfLies
reply to post by defcon5

I agree with defcon5, and I like that he actually puts a point across and is open to a discussion where as the "freemasons" just disregard whatever is said that they dont agree with and say people are attacking and telling lies about them

Nonsense.

just like that

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I once knew a Man who would've been maybe around the 80yr old mark, whom i respected so much I used to work for his son but he would often come into the workplace and just sit and talk with me, about everything from wars to freemasons. It was maybe 2 months of this happening before he finally told me he is a freemason, he never pressured me to join, nor did he ever directly invite me to join. (Although he always dropped hints as if he wanted me to ask how do i join haha) And honestly it seemed perfect for me I mean if someone says " we are a group of men and in some places women, who are a family to one another, loyal to all our brothers and sisters, like minded and want to make ourselves better" it sounded so good. But I am a firm believer that If it sounds to good to be true it probably is (not all cases just most). And after meeting him and growing more curious i did do some research for both sides of the arguement and there is just too much proof (in my eyes) that there is something wrong and in a way corrupt about freemasons, I mean not all of freemasons but as someone said earlier "the higher degrees of masons" that are in positions of power or or influence. I am open to being wrong but at the moment i dont feel i am. I mean even fellow freemasons dont get told what happens in the degrees above them (or so the man i mentioned earlier told me due to a question i asked him) so how do you know that the higher degree masons arent like the anti- masons say maybe they are corrupt and controlling media etc?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SickOfLies

the very first lesson you learn as a mason is to trust your friends. You are put into a position where you have no idea what is going to happen, but you trust that the brother whom you may have never met, will keep you safe and make sure you are OK. It's a striking lesson that when you think about it, makes masonry such a beautiful system if that was all it was about. But it is so much more. I don't know what happens past the 32nd degree of the Scottish Rite, and I don't know what happens when the past Grand Masters meet, but I do know men who are 33rd degree masons, and men who are past grand masters. And they are the same as any mason I know. They still love their families, they still go to church and love God, and they still smile and shake my hand and give a good man hug when I see them. I don't believe the BS that is thrown about with "high level masons". hell, Half of the people who throw around that term think that 32nd degree masons are "high level". Most everyone here is one of those, and the ones who are not, could be with the stroke of a pen and a free weekend. Masonry is exactly what it claims to be on all levels. Good, Kind, and Charitable. If there was some group who tried to control the world, they would be doing so outside of everything masonry holds sacred. It wouldn't be masonic. And I would trust a mason I have never met with my life and or my wife, over any man. Don't take my word for it, I am biased. I am a mason. But by the same token, don't take the word of some web site who's sole purpose is to try to discredit am organization based on lies and deceit.

edit to add:
I am sorry for the way I responded to you at first. We see so much of that crap, that I just assume anyone who links to it is an idiot and not worth talking to. I will try to work on not judging people that quickly.

edit on 9-6-2011 by network dude because: add thought

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

That was very strong network dude, I don't think anyone could have said that any better.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

thank you, and congratulations on being raised.
Travel light.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

What are the upper level degrees then? What to you is the structure of Freemasonry?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

What you say does sound appealing a few questions i will ask if thats ok, I dont know if you can answer but someone else might. I am in Australia, can i go to masonic temple here and "sit in on a meeting" so i may see for myself and form an opinion through what i observe? And what are the masonic rules/laws here in australia? Also have you ever watched The Arrivals? as that "documentary" did throw some valid points i think? But if all freemasons had a positive attitude and were respectful like i believe you are, and the negative things I've read like world control are BS who knows what might happen, I may even...... well we'll leave that part unfinished for now lol

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Coming back to the pentagram, yes it was only seen as a satanic symbol later, but here is what Alister Crowley said that maid it what it is today..."Pentagram is used as the symbol of Venus because the celestial motion of Venus sketched a pentagram in the sky. It is termed the bright and morning star or Lucifer in the occult circles, hence and the pentagram utilized as a symbol to exalt Lucifer as the bright and morning star which is the title of Jesus Christ. The pentagram is a symbol of the anti-Christ." See one of the most influential people in the occult world had this to say about the pentagram, for people in the occult it is a symbol to show that they exalt Lucifer (he was the angel of light in heaven, now aka Satan of this world and a realm not all people can see), why is it that the pentagram is only used in occult realm? think about it....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

As I have said before I do not know much other then what I have read, and disscussions I have had with a Freemason I knew a few years ago now, but the pic i got (and please correct me if im wrong) is there is like a pyramid structure you have to work and study your way up, and whatever level you are you cannot know what the levels above you do. To me when I think of "Upper level masons" I think of people in power like Prime Ministers, Presidents, people who have high levels of influence in the world. But after talking with Network Dude I feel this may just be what the anti masons believe and could be wrong. which is why I am on here because i want to know more

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

you can go to a lodge. I highly recommend it. You will not be able to sit in on a meeting, but you will be able to see the lodge, talk to the members, perhaps even eat a meal with them. And you can ask any questions at all. Freemasonry isn't for everyone, but it is for some. Either way, I would hate for a good person to go through life believing a lie.

I have not seen The Arrivals. I will try to check it out.

As far as the structure. You have to work a bit to become a master mason. Once you reach that level, you are as much of a mason as any brother, be it the guy next to you, or the Grand master. Since everyone meets "on the level" everyone is treated and respected as equals. You can become master of a lodge, and that will give you much more insight into what masonry really is. But not because you are "higher up", because you will have spent a good bit of time involved with some of the most dedicated brothers in the lodge. You can go to the York Rite, or Scottish Rite, and lean what they teach, but it's just a continuation of what you learn in the first three degrees. And if you join the Scottish Rite and spend a lifetime helping others, and being involved in the degrees of the Scottish Rite, you can possibly one day, be recommended for the 33rd degree. Then you will find out if it's just a great honor that you receive for a life time of dedication, or if it's a sinister plot to make you suddenly stop believing in God and change over to Satan and go from organizing fish fry's to help the sick and homeless to world domination.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
All that I know of the Temple and pillars is that the temple represents Solomon's temple and the two pillars that a Mason has to pass through is known as Boaz and Jachin. They must pass the two pillars making their way to the light which now means that the initiate becomes illuminated, and receives his 3rd eye. When they pass through the pillars they leave the old order behind, going to the light is going to a new order and becoming a Mason.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I appreciate and respect everything you've said you have opened my eyes to not judge what I do not know and I thank you for that I will go to the lodge in my town one day and see for myself and ask questions. Thanks again friend
P.S As for Th Arrivals it is on youtube in about 50 parts/chapters but please watch a few and get back to me with your opinion i do value it
edit on 10-6-2011 by SickOfLies because: Forgot a bit

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

That's a link to a reasoned, evidenced rebuttal to every point defcon made, which I linked to as a response to your comment. You hardly have room to talk regarding hit-and-run linking even if it was.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Much of the mythology surrounding the true origins of Masonry are lost in the mists of time. I love that phrase, it has an almost magical tone to it. Now people will argue for and against Freemasonry until they are blue (no pun intended) in the face. And it is their right. We live in a free society (just) and are still allowed to have our say in places such as this.

Now, I may not agree with those that speak against Masonry, for obvious reasons. Nevertheless, it is YOUR right to be able to do so. I would be very upset is that was not the case. The only way that we as a species may evolve is through intelligent discussion and counter-discussion.

Now, I am a Mason and proud to say so. I wear my ring and badge with pride and for all to see. I will not shy away from the fact that I have joined and will never deny it.

Now, I am not a Christian, nor Jew or Muslim. Although, we have numerous members whom are, and I love them as múch as any other brother. I believe in one God, a creative force. However, satan, good, evil.......for me, these are buried deep down in the minds of men. Only we are capable of allowing good or evil to manifest itself. God is a neutral creative force that surrouds us all, gives us life and allows us to take the path we choose.

Now, for you non-Masons out there. I joined FM for many reasons. There are times when all around you is in darkness, the whole world seems stacked up against you. This will never happen in FM. Your Brothers are always by your side. We pledge to help all those in need, where possible, regardless of whether they are Masons or not. I hold this code dear to my heart. Anyone, and I do mean anyone, that is in need of help, if it is within my power to do so, will be given aid.

I believe that this is God's will. Not to convert, fight wars in hiis/its name, to attack non-believers, but to hold them to your bossom and show love, compassion and charity. Only by this path will man become closer to God.
This is my spin on what it is to be a Mason.
edit on 10/6/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Same as ever

edit on 10/6/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whenandwhere

ok I do not know which thread i saw it on as there are quite a few i've looked at regarding freemasons, i may have misinterpreted it. can i ask what a tyled meeting is? i havent seen that word used... i dont think i have anyway
edit on 10-6-2011 by SickOfLies because: missed a word lol

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Ah, as the inner guard at our Lodge, it is my duty to ensure that the Lodge is Properly Tyled before we can open the Lodge. It is a system of ensuring that the Lodge is secured from without (the outer Guard or Tyler and the inner Guard ME!!!!). This is to stop all those other than Masons entering the Lodge.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Ok makes sense thanks

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

My pleasure friend. Here to help.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

how tyled, brother junior deacon?