It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be our first confirming evidence?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

DRU you wouldnt believe it if one knocked on your door

Anybody can make claims at knocking on anyone's door.
It could be a Jesus shaped alien claiming to be historical Jesus, or a Buddha shaped alien claiming to be historical Buddha, a young Robin Williams shaped alien claiming to be Mork, an Alf or ET (the movie) shaped alien, or simply whatever you personally in your heart of hearts expect an alien to look like, or something else, anything else down the line.
Where does it stop?
Any and all kinds of sorts of deceptions can be enacted on you by anyone though all sorts of means though various delivery methods from gases, poisoning your drinks/food, injection (including needleless injection), or just your own brain going wonky on its own.

Taking anyone's, or anything's word, gesture, telepathic zippy zap at "face"-value, if whatever it is even has a face, is entirely irresponsibly, naive, and swollen to tumorous proportions with gullibility.

Not only would any said door-knocker have to stand still for a whole host of typical tea "how's your mother?" inquiries, but, they'd need stand still for some other sorts of rather pointed inquiry including those answered by photos, video, multiple physical samples with rigorous chains of custody, x-rays, duel MRI and PET scans for co-registration, DNA (or whatever it has) analysis, plus any and every other test and examination I and/or anyone else could think of.

Never take anything, or anyone's word regarding any kind of fantastic claim at "face" value, including personal experience, and especially personal experience because your brain is a rather super amazing fantastic piece of work that can get up to all sorts of fascinating mischief left up to it's own devices.
Rule out any such chicanery.

Confirmation. Corroboration. Replication.
Don't trust a single source, including yourself. Get others to independently co-verify. Ensure the observation/results can be repeated.

edit on 3-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

DRU you wouldnt believe it if one knocked on your door

Actually - it's not hard to see how much she wants to believe

She's just smart - nothing she can do about that

:-)

A few years ago - before I even found my way here to ATS - I read an article more or less on this topic written by a psychologist

His view on it all was that it would be the very brightest among us that would be looking at evidence that was right in front of them and still not see it

And that they would probably be the most stressed of all of us once they did

It's not hard to understand why

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

dear DRU i didnt mean to offend you if i did im sorry
i have only ever seen ufos and never a alien or ETs
but that was some reply DRU
and yes it makes alot of sence

also druscilla this is from my old account philware (email/facebook hacked by my kids)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3/12/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

No offense taken.

Comprehensively verbose explanation given as a matter of agreement.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This will be the first confirming evidence:

the-moon-base-project.webs.com...

Snf for post.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

No offense taken.

well sometimes more words are needed to get the point across

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Microbial life, probably on our nearest neighbor.

Then again on one of the gas giants' moons.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The first confirming evidence will be an alien saying "please, please, please! Recycle your space junk. This solar system is up for the 'Milky Ways cleanest solar system award'".

Ok I'll grab my coat.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Due to my lack of time to read all the posts already on this thread I'd like to add my own opinion and go back to work...

FOX/MSN/CNN NEWS - that will be our confirming evidence, let's not kid ourselves, whatever they want to tell us.

99.9% of all threads on ATS with a personal experience, a photograph, or video is immediately shot down and ridiculed by the non believer, and that's all well and fine. I mean, irrefutable evidence has apparently never been demonstrated on this or any other site or media. An unimaginable amount of planets, suns, galaxies, or even universes out there and there are still some people out there who think we are alone and that the only thing that is real is what TV tells them is real.

It's not until whatever news caster on CNN or FOX (or pick your mainstream media network) tells the non believer will the non believer ever believe. Even if they are being fed a load of well planned horse manure.

I've never seen a UFO nor been molested by an alien, but I still believe that there has to be something out there, and it doesn't even have to look like anything I'm accustomed to seeing with my eyes or have heard with my ears. In a very strange way, it's only common sense that it is the truth.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
3 or 6 is about the only ones that are going to shut people up finally. Anything else will be drowned out by creationists saying satan is trying to "trick us".

I asked my Mom, who is somewhat religious.

"What if we find life some other place in the universe?"

She said

"The bible does not say god didn't make others elsewhere.

I just don't know.

S+F Drusc

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCowboy78

I'm not sure where this certainty that "non-believers" feel there's no life anywhere else in the universe comes from.
It's a ridiculous straw man argument, and I don't think that anyone actually believes such.

Thing is; the universe is fantastically VAST.
There could be 100 Billion highly advanced complex multi-species cultures kicking about in 100 Billion different galaxies.
There very well could a Dune Galaxy, a StarWars Galaxy, A Star Trek Galaxy, and any number of other sorts on parallel with anything and everything we've ever and never imagined all over the Universe.

The Universe is so enormously large though, even if we advanced to the point of colonizing THIS whole galaxy, we still might never know about the potential possible BILLIONS of other occupied galaxies.

I cannot stress enough how gigantic the universe is.

The very astounding enormity of vastness the Universe is, however, is the very thing that makes it so improbable as to almost be impossible for any other life to actually find any other life.
Not only is distance an enormous issue, but, there's TIME and Timing.

This whole Galaxy could have once, twice, several times over been the home of absolutely thriving megacultures that all, for whatever reason went the way of the dinosaurs, died off, canned themselves into much more fascinating eternal highly sophisticated virtual realities made out artificial black holes that put time at a near standstill as a hedge against entropy, or some other solution that leaves us as the only thing around at the very beginning of a newly vacated galaxy.

Also, the Galaxy could very well, right now, as we speak still be teeming with space faring high-tech cultures, but, so long as we don't, or can't detect anything, we are essentially to all extents and purposes utterly alone.
Even if every single galaxy in the universe was populated to booming, including this one, it doesn't matter one single bit if we can't detect such, or never discover anyone else to talk to.

As it stands now, to all extents and purposes, as far as we know and can detect, regardless of what anyone wants to believe, we are essentially alone.

Saying there's life in the rest of the universe, or even our galaxy is like telling some starving hobo that the Sultan of Brunei is worth $20Billion.
$20 Billion somewhere else does nothing any good for anyone that doesn't have access to it, just as life anywhere else in the Universe, or even our local galaxy does no one any good at all if we can't detect them, or talk to them.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Wrong, druscilla. Wrong.

French Air Force made this video from a Mirage jet fighter..... this is a Military video , with an high definition camera, because that was a MILITARY Test.

Switch to decaf Arken. You're going to blow a gasket with all that nitpicking.

You further neglect to acknowledge the difference between Evidence vs. Confirming Evidence.
Thus, even if your video was a confirmed solid object with corroborating radar hits plus multiple independent naked-eye observations, it is NOT Confirming Evidence. It would still sit simply in the "unknown" corner.

Please give us some thoughts, as per the OP, what you think Confirming Evidence will be, if it ever comes.

edit on 1-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

uh how about the fact that it was either EXTREMELY far away or it was an alien flea that was piloting the craft. Get real people, if that's a real ufo, then i counted about 25 of them in that picture...i mean it being HD and all

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I probably have the more Vallesian point of view, though I have not ready any of his books. But the conclusion is correct, there is simply no way we as humans understand everything that is going on in our reality, our galaxy, our physical universe that we perceive. Nothing else any humans say will matter once you understand that. They are just blathering.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

No offense taken.

well sometimes more words are needed to get the point across

...and, more often than not, FEWER words get the message across much better...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

1. Safely distant unambiguous radio signal detected

Yes, the Wow! Signal.

3. Aliens show up in the open to say "hello", destroy us, harvest us, enslave us, make friends, whatever.

In the open, probably a bad idea. Perhaps people should ask Valentich for his opinion on the matter.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
for all you know sending out a signal out into space with ALL details of earth including waht you will find here, could be like sending a pack of wolves (in the deep jungle) a menu leaflet detailing the full contents and location of a nearby chicken farm.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Translate this important article:

ericjulienovni.blogspot.com...

Use the 'translate' tool at the right bottom. Some cryptic intel at the end of the article (addendum) about when and where a contact is to occur.

That could be our first confirming evidence if people are there to shoot photos or vids!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaceCowboy78

I'm not sure where this certainty that "non-believers" feel there's no life anywhere else in the universe comes from.
It's a ridiculous straw man argument, and I don't think that anyone actually believes such.

Thing is; the universe is fantastically VAST.
There could be 100 Billion highly advanced complex multi-species cultures kicking about in 100 Billion different galaxies.
There very well could a Dune Galaxy, a StarWars Galaxy, A Star Trek Galaxy, and any number of other sorts on parallel with anything and everything we've ever and never imagined all over the Universe.

The Universe is so enormously large though, even if we advanced to the point of colonizing THIS whole galaxy, we still might never know about the potential possible BILLIONS of other occupied galaxies.

I cannot stress enough how gigantic the universe is.

The very astounding enormity of vastness the Universe is, however, is the very thing that makes it so improbable as to almost be impossible for any other life to actually find any other life.
Not only is distance an enormous issue, but, there's TIME and Timing.

This whole Galaxy could have once, twice, several times over been the home of absolutely thriving megacultures that all, for whatever reason went the way of the dinosaurs, died off, canned themselves into much more fascinating eternal highly sophisticated virtual realities made out artificial black holes that put time at a near standstill as a hedge against entropy, or some other solution that leaves us as the only thing around at the very beginning of a newly vacated galaxy.

Also, the Galaxy could very well, right now, as we speak still be teeming with space faring high-tech cultures, but, so long as we don't, or can't detect anything, we are essentially to all extents and purposes utterly alone.
Even if every single galaxy in the universe was populated to booming, including this one, it doesn't matter one single bit if we can't detect such, or never discover anyone else to talk to.

As it stands now, to all extents and purposes, as far as we know and can detect, regardless of what anyone wants to believe, we are essentially alone.

Saying there's life in the rest of the universe, or even our galaxy is like telling some starving hobo that the Sultan of Brunei is worth $20Billion.
$20 Billion somewhere else does nothing any good for anyone that doesn't have access to it, just as life anywhere else in the Universe, or even our local galaxy does no one any good at all if we can't detect them, or talk to them.

Considering that less then 200 years ago we did not even have electricity, cars, airplanes, Intel core i7 CPUS with millions of microscopic transistors and now we do, we can assume that those same alien civilizations might have started way before us, many thousands or millions of years before us, so they can probably have technology far surpassing ours and who can say for sure they have not conquered time and space. For all we know they can travel from one side of the galaxy to the other in a split second.
Yes, we can probably feel alone in the sense that we do not know them, but if they know them, we really are not alone. You might feel alone at home in your bathroom, but surely you are not alone in the house.

Andro

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join