It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is 2000 year old psychic sandpeople garbage nonsense.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will bring a sword upon thee, and cut off man and beast out of thee. And the land of Egypt shall be desolate and waste; and they shall know that I am the LORD: because he hath said, The river is mine, and I have made it. Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years. And I will make the land of Egypt desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be desolate forty years: and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries

Please show me where this desolation took place.

Around 1159 B.C. the Hekla volcano began to erupt and it kept spewing ash into the air for almost 19 years. This began the hardships that faced the Egyptian Empire. Years of drought and an almost dry Nile river created famine and unrest among the people. Fighting among the heirs if Ramesses continued until the pharaoh's power all, but faded. These facts seem to fit well with the prophecies of Ezekiel.

however, 1159 B.C. was nearly 600 years prior to the date at which Ezekiel was written, so the Hekla volcano cannot have fulfilled the prophecy

Egypt was never in desolate or uninhabited since this prophecy was made. Clearly a failed Prophecy and the probability of it ever happening is very nil to non-existent.

This prophecy never happened! Period!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
SO ..let me get this straight. God doesnt speak to anyone anymore, if he does, they are crazy like David Koresh. YOU CAN ONLY have spoken to "GOD" way back then 2000 years ago for people to take it seriously. So lets see, there were psychic wannabe sandpeople in the desert that wrote stories about Jesus over a hundred years after his death (if he was even a real person,you cant prove it)...They wrote things Jesus said when they never even knew him. Whats mindblowing to me is that some people beleive that crap. NOT ONE THING they wrote has come to pass, NOT ONE, oh ofcourse ANYONE can turn a metaphore into whatever you want so to some it is accurate based on what they want it to mean. Looking at how the book was made, YOUVE GOTTA BE A SUCKER to buy into the scam..and what is really annoying is people who claim to take the bible literally but when it reads something you dont agree with ,then it was a MISTRANSLATION. The book is garbage and its sad so many fools beleive and are STILL waiting on some person to return that was a combination of dieties before him. to be a christian. First you must learn to be in denial ,then learn to beleive simply what you want to because you want to because nothing has been proven to you. What gets me is people actually argue over this garbage,its a wonder people so dumb can function in society. They must get ripped offall the time because they beleive anything cause if you beleive what the bible has written then YOULL BELEIVE ANYTHING.
edit on 25-11-2012 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

It is a little more than that as billions of people will demonstrate; many far more intelligent than you. I think your kind of thinking is very spiritually dead. You are also quite a fascist in that you have a disability in being able to handle anything that goes beyond your VERY limitted capability of understanding about Spirit and Human Nature.

You are not clever! You are not even any kind of an iconaclast. You have no understanding atall about Torah or The New Covenant. All this silly post does is try to offend people of faith. That appears to be your only mission and it reveals to me that your soul is very immature and I think you need to give wings to your spirit.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I believe we are actually in the transferring stage to transforming into middle earth. I have some reasons. When Tolkien wrote the whole series, The hobbit included, he was very specific about certain events. Example "...and the wood elves did dance, ferverously in the night in hopes to awaken Du'gmurl." This passage from The Fellowship is clearly talking about the Jewish people and their pleas to the United States for more military assistance.

Here Tolkien is talking about the transformation of the land "...the ancient stair case winded up, up and up. Fading into the clouds above." Here he is talking about how the current planet will fall away and leave middle earth only, the survivors will have to climb this stair case to enter middle earth. He also hints at where this stair case will end "...it will put us into Mordor." Mordor is clearly an anagram.

Morder = Romder. Romder will be the remains of Russia, Romania and Finland.

EDIT: This is how religious prophecy sounds to most people. Like rubbish.

It all adds up. Tolkien knew much more than he let on. And with the creation of the Hobbit coming out soon, the prophecy is happening. Perhaps the Mayans were off a few days, but I swear we will see middle earth arise this December.
edit on 25-11-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
I believe we are actually in the transferring stage to transforming into middle earth. I have some reasons. When Tolkien wrote the whole series, The hobbit included, he was very specific about certain events. Example "...and the wood elves did dance, ferverously in the night in hopes to awaken Du'gmurl." This passage from The Fellowship is clearly talking about the Jewish people and their pleas to the United States for more military assistance.

Here Tolkien is talking about the transformation of the land "...the ancient stair case winded up, up and up. Fading into the clouds above." Here he is talking about how the current planet will fall away and leave middle earth only, the survivors will have to climb this stair case to enter middle earth. He also hints at where this stair case will end "...it will put us into Mordor." Mordor is clearly an anagram.

Morder = Romder. Romder will be the remains of Russia, Romania and Finland.

EDIT: This is how religious prophecy sounds to most people. Like rubbish.

It all adds up. Tolkien knew much more than he let on. And with the creation of the Hobbit coming out soon, the prophecy is happening. Perhaps the Mayans were off a few days, but I swear we will see middle earth arise this December.
edit on 25-11-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

Whattt??? Lol. Man, can I have some of what you are smoking! Hahahaha! Yes, Middle Earth is just gonna spring out of nowhere!

Well atleast your reply gave me a much needed laugh.

Man, some people are so crazy and choked up with illusion these days! Think, for goodness sake! Reality and fantasy are two entirely different concepts!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The only reason Jews got Israel back was because its in the bible. Plenty of people believed the bible to be true so they figured it was "Gods" will and helped the Jews. Without the bible the Jews would have ended up just like the Native Americans and been wiped out a long time ago. Just because the bible said it was going to happen, doesn't make it true, The fact that it says they will get their land back only facilitated it. The only things in the bible that will ever come true are things that we can make happen.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

A book, A BOOK, written and edited thousands of years ago does not indicate reality. It does not indicate anything. Its a book. What I was trying to make a point of is how fundamentalist religious people actually take their books word for word and try and find meaning. When things will happen, when "our" deity will return.

Its bull#. I can find images of jesus in a piece of toast and people find importance in it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I didn't read any of the debate the past pages and not knocking anyone for posting what they believe in...I got a pic here that I think kinda sums it up:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I wish people would stop quoting scripture....
It is sooooo outdated, it's like the people doing it think it is something new and it's not.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Except for the prophecies that are still to come to pass, EVERY ONE has so far been 100% accurate.

Please provide at least one prophecy that has not come to pass exactly as said.

What about the destruction of the city of Tyre? Not only was the prophecy unfulfilled, but Ezekial even admitted it.

The passages specifically state that God prophesied that the entire city of Tyre would be laid bare, their architecture destroyed, and all people slaughtered. However it was essentially the complete opposite. Nebuchadnezzar failed miserably & ended up in a ceasefire.

“Son of man, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon made his army labor hard against Tyre. Every head was made bald, and every shoulder was rubbed bare, yet neither he nor his army got anything from Tyre to pay for the labor that he had performed against her. -- Ezekiel 29:18

That would constitute a failed prophecy. Most certainly NOT even close to 100 percent correct as you stated..

Also, Tyre is a city that stands to this day. So much for "never being rebuilt", even though it wasn't even destroyed in the first place.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
reply to post by jiggerj

If you don't like that, it's fine. We might not ever agree and I'm okay with that.

Hi Min, I'm just shootin' the breeze here. Though I do attribute all of the savagery in the Middle East to 6000 years of tolerating religions (and a lot of fear of it), I am certainly not going to pick up a gun and start shooting people. Sometimes no matter how much we might hate something, we have to accept that 'it is what it is'. With billions and billions of believers in some kind of religion, it is sorely apparent that religion is what mankind wants.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Look. You said show me one failed prophecy. I gave you a link to a site that lists tons of failed prophecies. I quoted from their site the prophecy of the Nile river running dry. It hasn't! You say "not yet" like that's good enough. (face palm)

Why isn't it?

Egypt has never been uninhabitable. Not for 40 years, not for 4 years. FAIL!

See what you did there. It says that Egypt will be desolate and uninhabited. It says nothing about it being uninhabitable. They are different words.

For all you know, Egypt may have been uninhabited for forty years. You have no proof either way. I however have pointed out that they were very likely taken away to captivity in Babylon. It's not much but its more than you've got.

Nebuchadnezzar did not fulfill the prophecy according to a number of scholars, not just me. That's why I quoted others' so as to avoid this kind of redunckulious argument with you.

But someone called Nebuchadnezzar did fulfill this. It's history, done, dusted and demonstrable. (PS: not sure if you realized it or not, but you don't have to be a scholar to edit RationalWiki or to rant on ATS).

I can't help it if your mind sees prophecy being fulfilled by the "Captian Obviouses" of the Bible, that predicted that people will act badly and consequence ensue. But you can't make me believe that that these people's wishful thinking about the destruction of their enemies is divine prophecy of their God's wrath, or that God is still throwing wrathful tantrums in the middle east.

What if it isn't God's wrath but part of a larger process for His people (all of them, not just Jews)? What if God WAS talking about the consequences of stupid and willful choices?

Anyway, isn't the earth under the covenant of Jesus now? Isn't all that old covenant stuff obsolete, due to the death and resurrection of Jesus? Shouldn't these prophecies have been fulfilled before the ending of the wrathful covenant and the beginning of the forgiving covenant that Jesus supposedly brought?

You are only under the covenant if you are signatory to it (by this I mean that if you don't explicitly indicate that you accept the covenant, then it does not apply to you).

edit on 25/11/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Here's some more failed prophecies.

10. “I have sworn to David my servant, I will establish your seed forever, and build up your throne for all generations.” - Psalms 89:3-4

“David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel.” - Jeremiah 33:17

According to the speaker of this prophecy (God), a descendant of David will always be on the throne of Israel. This is obviously not the case however, as David’s line ended 21 generations later with Zedekiah. No king returned to David’s throne for the next 450 years, and no king of David’s line has occupied any throne anywhere for the last couple thousand years or so. D’oh!

9. “Put on your beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: from now on no one shall enter you who is uncircumcised or unclean.” - Isaiah 52:1

This failure is pretty self-explanatory, as Jerusalem has been plenty filled with uncircumcised people from the moment this prophecy was uttered ‘til the moment you just read this on the internet.

And there's plenty more where those came from. pay2cem.hubpages.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FeatherofMaat

Tell about your Feather of Maat please, and then tell me what is different about that belief that makes it more realistic?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Miri08
reply to post by jiggerj

If you don't like that, it's fine. We might not ever agree and I'm okay with that.

Hi Min, I'm just shootin' the breeze here. Though I do attribute all of the savagery in the Middle East to 6000 years of tolerating religions (and a lot of fear of it), I am certainly not going to pick up a gun and start shooting people. Sometimes no matter how much we might hate something, we have to accept that 'it is what it is'. With billions and billions of believers in some kind of religion, it is sorely apparent that religion is what mankind wants.
Religion is meant to stay relevant and grow with it's people, and it's meant to be experienced personally and directly if it has any truth to it, otherwise it's just hearsay and blind faith. The reason Abrahamic religions are having a hard time is because their relevancy is running out. Atheism will end up the same way once it's purpose has been served, because it's the same deal with religions like Christianity: a lot of hearsay, and huffing and puffing. Both sides of the camp are not without their charlatans, ignorance, and mythologies.

But, it's all useful, and none of it is truly wrong.
edit on 25/11/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I definitely agree that there are things about religion that are bad, the thing is though, religion to me is man made. I don't know if religion is really a control thing or maybe an early way of trying to explain what at the time was unexplainable, I just don't know but it can inspire very bad things.

On the other side though I see some people that use religion for good and it does give them hope and comfort and does inspire them. I think religion is different depending on who is "using" it. I also believe that the idea of God can be completely independent of religion and become more a personal spirituality if that makes sense.

I really do understand your point on the bad things of extreme religion being wielded by groups with a nefarious agenda as needing to be stopped. I'm just hesitant now to bash the Bible like I used too because I do feel that some people glean certain things from it that they need and that are ultimately good.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will bring a sword upon thee, and cut off man and beast out of thee. And the land of Egypt shall be desolate and waste; and they shall know that I am the LORD: because he hath said, The river is mine, and I have made it. Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years. And I will make the land of Egypt desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be desolate forty years: and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries

Please show me where this desolation took place.

Erm, that's a modern map. You probably need to look at one showing the extent of the Egyptian empire @ 500BC.

In your map, the town of Aswan is just above the 24th parallel near where it intersects with the Nile. The Border of Ethiopia is down off your map to the bottom right.

Around 1159 B.C. the Hekla volcano began to erupt and it kept spewing ash into the air for almost 19 years. This began the hardships that faced the Egyptian Empire. Years of drought and an almost dry Nile river created famine and unrest among the people. Fighting among the heirs if Ramesses continued until the pharaoh's power all, but faded. These facts seem to fit well with the prophecies of Ezekiel.

however, 1159 B.C. was nearly 600 years prior to the date at which Ezekiel was written, so the Hekla volcano cannot have fulfilled the prophecy

Egypt was never in desolate or uninhabited since this prophecy was made. Clearly a failed Prophecy and the probability of it ever happening is very nil to non-existent.

This prophecy never happened! Period!

That's what I said. It doesn't mean that it can never happen.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Religion is meant to stay relevant and grow with it's people, and it's meant to be experienced personally and directly if it has any truth to it, otherwise it's just hearsay and blind faith. The reason Abrahamic religions are having a hard time is because their relevancy is running out. Atheism will end up the same way once it's purpose has been served, because it's the same deal with religions like Christianity: a lot of hearsay, and huffing and puffing. Both sides of the camp are not without their charlatans, ignorance, and mythologies.

But, it's all useful, and none of it is truly wrong.

Not much more to say but yes yes yes... all the way to the bottom of your signature.

edit on 25-11-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Erm, that's a modern map. You probably need to look at one showing the extent of the Egyptian empire @ 500BC.

Well I got it here: Best Ancient Maps of Egypt

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

reply to post by EnochWasRight

As we reflected in God's promise to restore Israel to the land, we see evidence in our own that cannot be denied. Do the math. This has never happened in History for any other people group.

As soon as I read this, Kuwait popped into my head. Is there a difference?

I don't follow.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Isaiah 11:11
In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea.

Here is God's judgment predicted ahead for us to clearly read.

The Prophecy ... Ezekiel 4:4-6

"Then God said to Ezekiel,
'Now lie on your left side for 390 days

You listed a whole bunch of examples of a cruel father. Tell us, instead of punishing people for hundreds of years, wouldn't these people have instantly straightened right out if all god did was appear in the sky and say this:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

We have charge over the Earth and we also have free will. We can choose freedom of the taskmaster of sin and death. Freedom is one choice away when we all seek God. The circumstances that bring the fire to earth will be of our own making. We will cry out, but not because God made us. He has only told us what our own actions will bring.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join