It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is 2000 year old psychic sandpeople garbage nonsense.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Def agreeing with the first person who replied to your thread...if you dont want ppl arguing about it then why post and anti-religion thread?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

do you really think this math is correct?

606 B.C Israel taken into Babylonian captivity
- 70 Years for 70 years
= 536 B.C. End of first 70 years of judgment
+ 2483 Years Now add the 2,483 years remaining in this judgment
+ 1 Year Add 1 year because there is no "0" B.C. or A.D.
= 1948 AD! End of judgment against nation Israel

go back to the fourth grade, please

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

OP, this thread is ignorance.

/thread

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by maes2

but still it is full of truth !!!! you can not ignore that.

Then it should be easy to prove, right? Do it.
edit on 25-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

prove what !? even in math you can deduce when there are many evidences of something unless it's opposite gets proved. many people believe that there is a God in this world and throughout the history, why should I prove that there is a God in this world !!? why do not you prove the opposite that there is no God in the world !!!?
so as a clue you can go to the middle of ocean then jump into the water without any aid and alone, then as you are sinking pay attention that from who you are invoking a help ! who knows maybe he helps you !!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Becauseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...maybe the fact, that everyone believes in something. Whether or not it is an object, human, or the supernatural.

Either way, there is nothing wrong with a belief, but there is something wrong with peeps telling others it is wrong.
Or both are equally wrong, I don't care...you can believe whatever statement you see fit. If someone wants to go drink cool aid because their cult leader said so...Well so be it. My life still goes on.

Who gives a flying donkey kick to the face what someone believes in. Most of you can't keep your own lives in-check anyways, but are busy worrying about others.

DING DING DING...I think we just found the answers to the problems on this planet.

Worry about your own selves.
Most of you can even accomplish that.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

prove what !? even in math you can deduce when there are many evidences of something unless it's opposite gets proved. many people believe that there is a God in this world and throughout the history, why should I prove that there is a God in this world !!? why do not you prove the opposite that there is no God in the world !!!?
so as a clue you can go to the middle of ocean then jump into the water without any aid and alone, then as you are sinking pay attention that from who you are invoking a help ! who knows maybe he helps you !!

Ok, so I think we've established that you can't prove that it's full of truth and therefore your earlier statement was crap. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN BY MEN IN THE YEAR 750 AFTER....ACCORDING WITH THE TRANSLATORS OF THE LANGUAGE...
edit on 25-11-2012 by rocha123 because: MISSPELLED

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Actually, you are incorrect. All of what has been foretold in the Bible is a foreshadowing of this day and age. I can show you 1000 examples of how the Bible has never been innumerate, but you only need the one that cannot be denied that is completely accurate to the very year it happened.

Let me see if I got this straight:

[color=F5DDAE]Step1. Completely ignore ALL of the many failed predictions stated within the bible.

Step2. Focus only on the one that eventually did occur.

Step3. Hallelujah! All of the stories in the bible are real, and it truly is something more than just a fictional storybook.

Am I close?

Here's a dartboard metaphor:

I threw 100 darts at the board.
I now have 99 darts stuck in the wall.
Somehow, 1 dart actually hit the board.

Now if I were to use your reasoning, and focus only on the 1 dart that hit the board, while ignoring the other 99, I can accurately conclude that I kick ass at darts.

edit on 11/25/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Ok, so I think we've established that you can't prove that it's full of truth and therefore your earlier statement was crap. Thank you.

Psh...bro...bro

This crap will never be proven right because of peeps like you. Nothing wrong with that, I applaud the stance in what you believe in, but doesn't mean you are right.

May I remind the rest of the world, since this is the internet. Every statement that attempts to prove religion wrong is still just a theory in the scientific realm. Im sure all you science lovers will say that is wrong, but Im pretty sure the definition of theory backs me up. The only real proof I have seen from either side is from the Exodus Decoded and the Real Star of Bethlehem.

No one will watch these, but will contest that science is right and religion is wrong when both of these videos are scientific. Hell, the Exodus Decoded uses real Egyptian artifacts to prove the Moses story truthful.

Either way, what someone choose to believe in, doesn't make them wrong.

edit on 25-11-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Psh...bro...bro

This crap will never be proven right because of peeps like you. Nothing wrong with that, I applaud the stance in what you believe in, but doesn't mean you are right.

May I remind the rest of the world, since this is the internet. Every statement that attempts to prove religion wrong is still just a theory in the scientific realm. Im sure all you science lovers will say that is wrong, but Im pretty sure the definition of theory backs me up. The only real proof I have seen from either side is from the Exodus Decoded and the Real Star of Bethlehem.

No one will watch these, but will contest that science is right and religion is wrong when both of these videos are scientific. Hell, the Exodus Decoded uses real Egyptian artifacts to prove the Moses story truthful.

Either way, what someone choose to believe in, doesn't make them wrong.

edit on 25-11-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

Science is right. Want to know why? Because science can't be wrong. If it's wrong it's not science.

Science:
The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

So science is the study of the world around us through observation and experimentation. Religion is the complete opposite, it's the illusion of knowledge through an old book with no observation, no experimentation and no proof.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
agree it is a garbage...

edit on 25-11-2012 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2012 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

edit on 25-11-2012 by natalia because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2012 by natalia because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2012 by natalia because: Didn't mean to reply. Don't want my feelings hurt today

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It's an ancient book and it was written for some purpose. Most people believe it's a holy book. Many people believe it may be a history book.

Hundreds of years have gone by and, consequently, the translation and content of it has suffered the ravages of men who argue ceaselessly about what it means.

These are FACTS which cannot be disputed.

That being said, and the opinion of the OP, et al, having been noted, we should spend some time, and many do, considering exactly why this book appeared in various forms over the last two thousand years and why it endures.

That is the mature road to understanding it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
In this dimensional world we live in, how can anything exist without something creating it? So what is more probable, that this universe just magically appeared (big bang), or that the universe was created by God (big bang)?

Just a few questions I'd like answers to.

Pladuim

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I gave you a star and flag if for no other reason you managed to piss off a bunch of bible thumpers.
Another thing is you're right about the sand people or desert people (rats). I wouldn't trust anybody who lives in the desert.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim
In this dimensional world we live in, how can anything exist without something creating it? So what is more probable, that this universe just magically appeared (big bang), or that the universe was created by God (big bang)?

Just a few questions I'd like answers to.

Pladuim

It is the great mystery.

You believe you live in a world? You believe 'things' exist?
Nothing exists. This is nothing happening.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay

'Now lie on your left side for 390 days to show Israel will be punished for 390 years

Did they have Sealy Posturepedic that many years ago?

Left and right are significant in the bible and denote the correct side of truth.

"The right side of things is recognized in many ways as better than the left. The south and north sides of the earth are distinguished as "yamin" (right) and "sem'ol' (left; Job xxiii. 9), the right being the sunnier, brighter side, and the left the bleak and dark side, ill-omened and unlucky, where evil generates. " LINK

This is symbolic of right and left brain as well. It is also symbolic of inside and outside and internal and external. When Peter was on the boat fishing, Christ told him to fish on the right side of the boat. This is symbolic of the right side of truth, which is giving.

In the passage you mention, the left side is darkness for 390 years.

edit on 25-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Congatulations, you just proved absolutely nothing.

Blindness is caused by pride. Ignorance is ignoring. There are reasons you are in denial of obvious evident truth and they are not connected with me. The Bible is a mirror and when you look, you will see yourself. All I can say is, "Know yourself".

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheColt

do you really think this math is correct?

606 B.C Israel taken into Babylonian captivity
- 70 Years for 70 years
= 536 B.C. End of first 70 years of judgment
+ 2483 Years Now add the 2,483 years remaining in this judgment
+ 1 Year Add 1 year because there is no "0" B.C. or A.D.
= 1948 AD! End of judgment against nation Israel

go back to the fourth grade, please

BC is negative by relation to what is added beyond the zero point. Did you forget this? The math is correct.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Congatulations, you just proved absolutely nothing.

Blindness is caused by pride. Ignorance is ignoring. There are reasons you are in denial of obvious evident truth and they are not connected with me. The Bible is a mirror and when you look, you will see yourself. All I can say is, "Know yourself".

Spoken like a true brainwashed cult member. I've never seen someone write so much with so little meaning. You belong a good thoasand or so years ago.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join