It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is 2000 year old psychic sandpeople garbage nonsense.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
SO ..let me get this straight. God doesnt speak to anyone anymore, if he does, they are crazy like David Koresh. YOU CAN ONLY have spoken to "GOD" way back then 2000 years ago for people to take it seriously. So lets see, there were psychic wannabe sandpeople in the desert that wrote stories about Jesus over a hundred years after his death (if he was even a real person,you cant prove it)...They wrote things Jesus said when they never even knew him. Whats mindblowing to me is that some people beleive that crap. NOT ONE THING they wrote has come to pass, NOT ONE, oh ofcourse ANYONE can turn a metaphore into whatever you want so to some it is accurate based on what they want it to mean. Looking at how the book was made, YOUVE GOTTA BE A SUCKER to buy into the scam..and what is really annoying is people who claim to take the bible literally but when it reads something you dont agree with ,then it was a MISTRANSLATION. The book is garbage and its sad so many fools beleive and are STILL waiting on some person to return that was a combination of dieties before him. to be a christian. First you must learn to be in denial ,then learn to beleive simply what you want to because you want to because nothing has been proven to you. What gets me is people actually argue over this garbage,its a wonder people so dumb can function in society. They must get ripped offall the time because they beleive anything cause if you beleive what the bible has written then YOULL BELEIVE ANYTHING.
edit on 25-11-2012 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

"What gets me is people actually argue over this garbage,its a wonder people so dumb can function in society."

And you make a thread so more can argue about it?
Do you not see that you are playing your part in the argument?
edit on 25-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Yup those sand people have a lot to answer for....

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Here's an idea for all ...

Richard Dawkins made a decision to help popularise Militant Atheism.

Why can't we instead promote Militant Tolerance?

Militant Tolerance - a meme for Q4 2012?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by anonodox

I agree but the thing is it works both ways, I do not like to be preached at but many people try to preach that they know the truth and if we do not accept that truth they threaten us with Hell.
If people just kept their beliefs to themselves we wouldn't see threads like this.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
They're easily startled, but they'll soon post on here, and in greater numbers....

I agree, it's nearly 2013 and people still believe this kind of obviously-made-up poorly written ghost story.

Pretty insane....

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Personally, I don't care whether or not you believe in god, but it would be nice if you believed in the apostrophe and the 'Enter' key.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Militant Tolerance works best when universally adopted.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I very firm in my beliefs. And right now I believe I will have another coffee. And then, shovel some snow while the sheep are at church.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Actually, you are incorrect. All of what has been foretold in the Bible is a foreshadowing of this day and age. I can show you 1000 examples of how the Bible has never been innumerate, but you only need the one that cannot be denied that is completely accurate to the very year it happened. No nation on Earth has ever been dispersed into captivity, only to return back to their land. It's never happened, except for Israel. Not only did it happen, it was foretold in advance. We are witness to this event and history supports all of the events that transpired as it happened. Here is the narrative.

As we reflected in God's promise to restore Israel to the land, we see evidence in our own that cannot be denied. Do the math. This has never happened in History for any other people group. There are many passages that predict this. Here is one.

Isaiah 11:11
In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea.

Here is God's judgment predicted ahead for us to clearly read.

The Prophecy ... Ezekiel 4:4-6

"Then God said to Ezekiel,
'Now lie on your left side for 390 days
to show Israel will be punished for 390 years
by captivity and doom.
Each day you lie there represents
a year of punishment ahead for Israel.
Afterwards, turn over and lay on your right side
for 40 days, to signify the years of Judah's punishment.
Each day will represent one year . . .'"
(Ezekiel 4:4-6)

390 days Judgment against the 10 northern tribes 'Israel'
+ 40 days Judgment against the 2 southern tribes 'Judah'
= 430 years Judgment against the nation of Israel

Fulfillment

430 years of judgment determined against nation Israel
- 70 years fulfilled during the Babylonian captivity
= 360 years remaining in judgment against the nation of Israel

Where are the 360 years?

"And after all this, if you do not obey Me,
then I (God) will punish you seven times more for your sins."
(Leviticus 26:18)

"Then, if you walk contrary to Me,
and are not willing to obey Me,
I (God) will bring on you seven times more plagues,
according to your sins."
(Leviticus 26:21)

"And after all this,
if you do not obey Me,
but walk contrary to Me,
then I (God) also will walk contrary to you in fury;
and I, even I will chastise you seven times for your sins.:
(Leviticus 26:27-28)

"I (God) will scatter you among the nations
and draw a sword after you;
your Land shall be desolate
and your cities waste."
(Leviticus 26:33)

This is a factor of 7 (7X)

360 Remaining years of judgment
x 7 The prophetic '7X' factor
= 2,520 Years of judgment remained against nation Israel

360 day years for prophecies, then add the appropriate 'leap months' to the schedule. So, the easiest way to unravel this prophecy is to first convert this prophecy into days ...

2,520 years
x 360 days
= 907,200 days of judgment remained against nation Israel after the Babylonian captivity

907,200 days ÷ 365.25 days = 2,483.78 years of God's judgment remained

Now have another look.

606 B.C Israel taken into Babylonian captivity
- 70 Years for 70 years
= 536 B.C. End of first 70 years of judgment
+ 2483 Years Now add the 2,483 years remaining in this judgment
+ 1 Year Add 1 year because there is no "0" B.C. or A.D.
= 1948 AD! End of judgment against nation Israel

Disbelieve if you like, but this cannot be denied. It is literally spoken, calculated mathematically and literally happened in history. Only ignorance can be denied. My threads provide any other proof you need from quantum mechanics to current prophecies.

Here's another that cannot be denied and is directly connected to the above prophecy fulfillment.

Global Financial Meltdown

Do you need a few scientific axioms that are demonstrated accurate?

Axioms

How about evidence from DNA?

DNA

edit on 25-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

'Now lie on your left side for 390 days to show Israel will be punished for 390 years

Did they have Sealy Posturepedic that many years ago?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
SO ..let me get this straight. God doesnt speak to anyone anymore, if he does, they are crazy like David Koresh. YOU CAN ONLY have spoken to "GOD" way back then 2000 years ago for people to take it seriously.

the muslims believe the prophet muhammed is the last messeger of god...untill the last days

So lets see, there were psychic wannabe sandpeople in the desert that wrote stories about Jesus over a hundred years after his death (if he was even a real person,you cant prove it)...They wrote things Jesus said when they never even knew him.

the "stories" about jesus are being merged with pharonic ideology...from a "massive2 sect of covanentpreists that netword.map the land

Whats mindblowing to me is that some people beleive that crap. NOT ONE THING they wrote has come to pass, NOT ONE, oh ofcourse ANYONE can turn a metaphore into whatever you want so to some it is accurate based on what they want it to mean. Looking at how the book was made, YOUVE GOTTA BE A SUCKER to buy into the scam.

the word of god..in the bible...has been corrupted....the same as the torah

if you want to understand...read a translation of the quran...which remains pure

.and what is really annoying is people who claim to take the bible literally but when it reads something you dont agree with ,then it was a MISTRANSLATION.

it would be...the bible wasnt written in english.....

The book is garbage and its sad so many fools beleive and are STILL waiting on some person to return that was a combination of dieties before him.

the bible is not garbage....but the new corrupt versions could be classed as rubbish...and a comprimise

to be a christian. First you must learn to be in denial ,then learn to beleive simply what you want to because you want to because nothing has been proven to you.

erm....the bible should help in all aspects of life
how to resolve socail issues, guidance etc

its not a book of magic spells

What gets me is people actually argue over this garbage,its a wonder people so dumb can function in society.

ever thought that you dont get it.....

learn HOW to read .... your percieving something that is misleading you

They must get ripped offall the time because they beleive anything cause if you beleive what the bible has written then YOULL BELEIVE ANYTHING.

the BIBLE...it has been accepted by everyone....that it is "improved"...ie new testemants

if you want to understand...read the quran...read the torah, and read the bible

then it would be crystal clear where the mistranslation and corruption of the older books are

peace

edit on 25-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have been very judgmental of the Bible in the past, mainly for personal reasons and because I didn't understand the old covenant/new covenant concept and the concept of law in the bible, who is under the law, who isn't etc. I very much was looking at the bible through the eyes of religion that had been drilled into me as a young child.

Well I still don't understand everything but I've become much less judgmental about it. I do agree with the member above who thinks tolerance is the way to go and although some would argue that tolerance should be a two way street, we can be responsible for our own attitudes. So for example, although you may not be tolerant or respectful of me, that doesn't mean that I can't be tolerant and respectful of you. It is a choice I would make independent of you.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Chuck Norris is a Christian.

Atheistzilla didn't attack Tokyo - Godzilla did.

A belief in "something" upsets your belief in "nothing"........why?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Actually, you are incorrect. All of what has been foretold in the Bible is a foreshadowing of this day and age. I can show you 1000 examples of how the Bible has never been innumerate, but you only need the one that cannot be denied that is completely accurate to the very year it happened. No nation on Earth has ever been dispersed into captivity, only to return back to their land. It's never happened, except for Israel. Not only did it happen, it was foretold in advance. We are witness to this event and history supports all of the events that transpired as it happened. Here is the narrative.

As we reflected in God's promise to restore Israel to the land, we see evidence in our own that cannot be denied. Do the math. This has never happened in History for any other people group. There are many passages that predict this. Here is one.

Isaiah 11:11
In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea.

Here is God's judgment predicted ahead for us to clearly read.

The Prophecy ... Ezekiel 4:4-6

"Then God said to Ezekiel,
'Now lie on your left side for 390 days
to show Israel will be punished for 390 years
by captivity and doom.
Each day you lie there represents
a year of punishment ahead for Israel.
Afterwards, turn over and lay on your right side
for 40 days, to signify the years of Judah's punishment.
Each day will represent one year . . .'"
(Ezekiel 4:4-6)

390 days Judgment against the 10 northern tribes 'Israel'
+ 40 days Judgment against the 2 southern tribes 'Judah'
= 430 years Judgment against the nation of Israel

Fulfillment

430 years of judgment determined against nation Israel
- 70 years fulfilled during the Babylonian captivity
= 360 years remaining in judgment against the nation of Israel

Where are the 360 years?

"And after all this, if you do not obey Me,
then I (God) will punish you seven times more for your sins."
(Leviticus 26:18)

"Then, if you walk contrary to Me,
and are not willing to obey Me,
I (God) will bring on you seven times more plagues,
according to your sins."
(Leviticus 26:21)

"And after all this,
if you do not obey Me,
but walk contrary to Me,
then I (God) also will walk contrary to you in fury;
and I, even I will chastise you seven times for your sins.:
(Leviticus 26:27-28)

"I (God) will scatter you among the nations
and draw a sword after you;
your Land shall be desolate
and your cities waste."
(Leviticus 26:33)

This is a factor of 7 (7X)

360 Remaining years of judgment
x 7 The prophetic '7X' factor
= 2,520 Years of judgment remained against nation Israel

360 day years for prophecies, then add the appropriate 'leap months' to the schedule. So, the easiest way to unravel this prophecy is to first convert this prophecy into days ...

2,520 years
x 360 days
= 907,200 days of judgment remained against nation Israel after the Babylonian captivity

907,200 days ÷ 365.25 days = 2,483.78 years of God's judgment remained

Now have another look.

606 B.C Israel taken into Babylonian captivity
- 70 Years for 70 years
= 536 B.C. End of first 70 years of judgment
+ 2483 Years Now add the 2,483 years remaining in this judgment
+ 1 Year Add 1 year because there is no "0" B.C. or A.D.
= 1948 AD! End of judgment against nation Israel

Disbelieve if you like, but this cannot be denied. It is literally spoken, calculated mathematically and literally happened in history. Only ignorance can be denied. My threads provide any other proof you need from quantum mechanics to current prophecies.

Here's another that cannot be denied and is directly connected to the above prophecy fulfillment.

Global Financial Meltdown

Do you need a few scientific axioms that are demonstrated accurate?

Axioms

How about evidence from DNA?

DNA

edit on 25-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

Congatulations, you just proved absolutely nothing.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

that book is old, true ! that book is mistranslated and altered, true !! Vatican is corrupted, true !!! but still it is full of truth !!!! you can not ignore that. there is a doubt that whether Jesus died at all or not. moreover the only God who created the amazing world is powerful enough to do anything. in addition Jesus is not a deity he is a human like me and you but he is an God elected reformer and he is pious and Immaculate without any sin. there are many people that believe someday a Messiah will return or come from Jews to Muslims and even Buddhists !

edit on 25-11-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

but still it is full of truth !!!! you can not ignore that.

Then it should be easy to prove, right? Do it.
edit on 25-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

YOULL BELEIVE ANYTHING.

Im sure you voted for Obama or at least voted. So, maybe "YOULL BELEIVE ANYTHING."

And, ranting on about someones beliefs means "YOULL BELEIVE ANYTHING."

I gonna use this horrible response for everything now.

"YOULL BELEIVE ANYTHING."

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by anonodox

I agree but the thing is it works both ways, I do not like to be preached at but many people try to preach that they know the truth and if we do not accept that truth they threaten us with Hell.
If people just kept their beliefs to themselves we wouldn't see threads like this.

U mad bro?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

YOULL BELEIVE ANYTHING.

Im sure you voted for Obama or at least voted. So, maybe "YOULL BELEIVE ANYTHING."

And, ranting on about someones beliefs means "YOULL BELEIVE ANYTHING."

I gonna use this horrible response for everything now.

I don't see why you find that so funny. If you believe the Bible is fact then you might aswell believe anything, literally anything is as credible because you can't have less than zero proof.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join