It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is 2000 year old psychic sandpeople garbage nonsense.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to EnochWasRight

Holy moley, so what should left handed people do??

They're obviously the evils ones!

edit on 25-11-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Round them up and burn them - they must be witches!!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Ok, so I think we've established that you can't prove that it's full of truth and therefore your earlier statement was crap. Thank you.
edit on 25-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

well I think now I can understand you more ! I am not a chiristian. it depends on what you call it christianity though. and I do not regard Bible the exactly words of God !! however most of it is more like a history book. the beliefs that I have a proof for that is the existence of only one God and a need for messengers to give us his guidance. and a need for the judgment day. my secondary beliefs emanates from those three basic beliefs which can be proved by wisdom.
for example the secondary fact that Jesus is alive comes from this for me:

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.-Koran 4:157

and the secondary fact that he and other righteous will return comes from this for me:

And We have already written in the book [of Psalms] after the [previous] mention that the land will be inherited by My righteous servants. -Koran

and the secondary fact that Jesus is the son of Mary not the son of God comes from this however it is vivid:

O People of the Scripture(chiristians), do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs. -Koran

and the fact that Koran itself (arabic words) has remained intact comes from this:
there is only one arabic Koran in the world and it's history is clear. the arabic Koran is easy to read and it is in the home many people. moreover it is not written by some limited elites but it was written and memorized by public. so that wrong clerics can not change the main words however they can mistranslate it to deceive people for their egos. but aware people can reach the main arabic Koran easily and think about it.

Indeed, We have sent it down as an Arabic Quran that you might think about it. -Koran 12:2

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

Originally posted by Pladuim

In this dimensional world we live in, how can anything exist without something creating it?
Nothing is new. Everything is just recycled, reformed, reshaped, reconfigured, restored, reused, re..etc.... etc......

Constant change is not the same as a new creation.

So what is more probable, that this universe just magically appeared (big bang), or that the universe was created by God (big bang)?
The Big Bang is one theory. It is not the only theory.

The truth is something which quite possibly will never ever be known for sure.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Originally posted by maes2

...I do not regard Bible the exactly words of God !! however most of it is more like a history book.
Ok so you're admitting that the Bible is a collection of some truths mixed along with many lies?

....and was written by the victors?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I wouldn't say it was a history book. I would say it was pointing to reality which is not history but presence.
The bible is pointing that which is not a story of make believe but to what is true, to what is real.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I wouldn't say it was a history book. I would say it was pointing to reality which is not history but presence.
The bible is pointing that which is not a story of make believe but to what is true, to what is real.

Reality is nothing more than the here & now. The future has not yet arrived, and it never will. It will always be ahead of us. The bible cannot be pointing at something that cannot be known.

Sure, some guesses may eventually end up being somewhat accurate, but the future cannot be predicted precisely. No one knows that which is still to come. The future has not yet been written.

edit on 11/25/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Reality is nothing more than the here & now. The future has not yet arrived, and it never will. It will always be ahead of us. The bible cannot be pointing at something that cannot be known.

Sure, some guesses may eventually end up being somewhat accurate, but the future cannot be predicted precisely. No one knows that which is still to come. The future has not yet been written.

edit on 11/25/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

Reality is not the future. Presence is reality.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

Yes God does speak to you, you just can't hear him, but we can
and it's not scizophrenia either. He became our conscience when we asked him into our hearts. To hear God, all we have to do is follow our conscience. Our Spirit knows what is wrong and what is right.

Good day.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The OP is obviously working at the surface level, and has no understanding of the deeper aspects of the book he decries. Further, his attitude does not help.

He misses:

the witness of history
the witness of archaeology
the witness of fulfilled prophecy (items 1 and 2 above confirm #3)
the witness of secular writers
the witness of the codes imbedded into the text of the Bible, on multiple levels
the witness of those who have seen and heard Jesus in modern times
the witness of proven miracles in modern times
the witness of real lives changed for the better by following Jesus

The OP might like to contemplate a world in which the influence of the Bible and Jesus had never existed...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

In this dimensional world we live in, how can anything exist without something creating it? So what is more probable, that this universe just magically appeared (big bang), or that the universe was created by God (big bang)?

Just a few questions I'd like answers to.

Pladuim

ok

as everything is from egypt

we have:

ATUM = big bang - (ejaculating air and moisture, earth and heaven)

PTAH = concious creation - (thought in heart, spoke it...then it manifested)

edit on 25-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

As we reflected in God's promise to restore Israel to the land, we see evidence in our own that cannot be denied. Do the math. This has never happened in History for any other people group.

As soon as I read this, Kuwait popped into my head. Is there a difference?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
SO ..let me get this straight. God doesnt speak to anyone anymore, if he does, they are crazy like David Koresh. YOU CAN ONLY have spoken to "GOD" way back then 2000 years ago for people to take it seriously. So lets see, there were psychic wannabe sandpeople in the desert that wrote stories about Jesus over a hundred years after his death (if he was even a real person,you cant prove it)...They wrote things Jesus said when they never even knew him. Whats mindblowing to me is that some people beleive that crap. NOT ONE THING they wrote has come to pass, NOT ONE, oh ofcourse ANYONE can turn a metaphore into whatever you want so to some it is accurate based on what they want it to mean. Looking at how the book was made, YOUVE GOTTA BE A SUCKER to buy into the scam..and what is really annoying is people who claim to take the bible literally but when it reads something you dont agree with ,then it was a MISTRANSLATION. The book is garbage and its sad so many fools beleive and are STILL waiting on some person to return that was a combination of dieties before him. to be a christian. First you must learn to be in denial ,then learn to beleive simply what you want to because you want to because nothing has been proven to you. What gets me is people actually argue over this garbage,its a wonder people so dumb can function in society. They must get ripped offall the time because they beleive anything cause if you beleive what the bible has written then YOULL BELEIVE ANYTHING.
edit on 25-11-2012 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

Thank you for reminder me why I reached the conclusion that tolerance and acceptance of that which is intolerable and that which is unacceptable, is the greatest of evils. You also remind me of one of my favorite stories from the Bible. You see in the Israelite camp there was a half Egyptian/Israeli that loved to insult the Israelites beliefs in the one and true God.

I don't know what horrible thing has happened to you; maybe you are about to become homeless, perhaps a love one died, or maybe you where molested or raped at some point through your life. It is very sad what drove you to this point, as the only ulterior motive is that you like to cause harm to others for the sake of causing harm, and that seems almost unthinkable. A person trying to stir up trouble to satisfy some strange urge, and the person getting a sense of glee from it like they are possed or something. Either way I feel truly sorry for you and hope you get better soon.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
All this book has been is a gateway for "religion", a security blanket for the masses, and a scapegoat for war. Oh yeah and all the unlimited untaxed money these billions of people pump into their churches

Isnt the bible great?

reminds me of youtu.be... well atleast that episode lol

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Isaiah 11:11
In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea.

Here is God's judgment predicted ahead for us to clearly read.

The Prophecy ... Ezekiel 4:4-6

"Then God said to Ezekiel,
'Now lie on your left side for 390 days

You listed a whole bunch of examples of a cruel father. Tell us, instead of punishing people for hundreds of years, wouldn't these people have instantly straightened right out if all god did was appear in the sky and say this:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

I do agree with the member above who thinks tolerance is the way to go

Sure, let's all be tolerant and wait for the most aggressive religion to filter into every nation and take control. If this were a horse race, I'm putting my life savings on the Nation of Islam.

edit on 11/25/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

And then I wrote that it's a choice I would make independent of anyone else. If you want to not be tolerant of something that's your choice. I make no decisions for anyone but myself.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
reply to post by jiggerj

And then I wrote that it's a choice I would make independent of anyone else. If you want to not be tolerant of something that's your choice. I make no decisions for anyone but myself.

And THAT'S why Islam will win. Because four billion people are saying, it's somebody else's problem - not mine.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

If you don't actually know anything about a subject, perhaps you shouldn't broadcast the fact all over the internet?

Otherwise, people might think you are just an opinionated, ignorant troll.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If you put 10 people in a row and have them play telephone game the initial words spoken will be utterly unrecognizable by the end. Multiply that by centuries, then multiply by unethical religions editing things to suit their needs, then multiply that by repeated re-translation... it would seem next to impossible that even if there was some sort of higher intelligence involved in any of these random myths and writings that it would be garbled beyond belief by this day and age.

Just because something is old doesn't make it true. Just because something is published and distributed a lot doesn't make it true. I will say though that some parts are interesting. If you use some creative thinking, some of the prophecies in Daniel do sort of line up with the rise and fall of world powers through the centuries. Is it possible that some of these books/scrolls were originally written by people with an extremely high intuition or ability to perceive future events? Possibly, but I'd think that any message pertaining to our time would be long lost in the mix even if it ever existed in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join