It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you liberals!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandy1468
Bottom line, if I made a decent amount of money, I would have no problem with them taking a little more out of my income.

Of course you wouldn't, because you've been completely brainwashed into believing it's ok. Just a little bit here, just a little bit there, it's no big deal. At least until they've completely strangled you to death. We don't need to hold the government accountable to the LAW. Laws are just for idiots like you and me.

If you really want to give your money to the government, I would suggest giving it to charities or to homeless people directly. At least that way you aren't paying for the missiles fired from drones that kill brown people and American citizens on Obama's kill list.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by AgentZoil

...I suggest he shows us this fantastical tax increase he is receiving. ...self portrayed defender of the innocent? Or a defender of the dim-witted? ...

A little clarification obviously is in order here. First off, as stated in the original post and several follow ups, these are taxes we are “expected” to receive aka “looking forward to” receiving in the future. Thought that was pretty clear, though apparently some seem to have a hard time understanding this point.

Second, I am not going to post jack in regards to what my “current income” or “current tax rate” is, as this topic is referring to future events.. as I stated earlier, the initial information given to me is merely an overall “estimate” and once I know for sure what the exact numbers are and what will be allocated where I will post them. I didn’t make the estimated calculations, but I will take the blame for repeating it without seeing it first.

And finally, “dim-witted, radical republican” or whatever else you want to throw out there doesn’t change the fact that I’ve actually earned my income, and fault me if you will but I feel my family deserves what I earn more than yours because you are too slack jawed to earn it yourself.

You are yet another shining example of the hypocrisy of liberal blow-hards. “Make it public if you want a shred of respect”. Really? You mean follow the example of our “Oh so transparent” leader, There has been A CONSTANT BARRAGE of liberal bashings of citizens who demanded this of obummer.…. I see A LOT of preaching in regards to how I should think or act but see very little of those same people following their own advice.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
"Somebody has to pay the taxes, and that my dear well-off friend who worked hard and earned every cent, is you."

Liberal crap.

The solution is not higher taxes.

The solution is end the wreckless spending habits of our elected officials.

When more taxes are collected, the Fed Gov will see that as more money to spend on new pet projects like Solyndra, Fast and Furious, or free cell phones for the poor. They won't be paying off their/our debt. Sure our taxes supposedly go directly to the Fed Reserve to start paying off the interest on the money we borrow in order to spend, but they will just consider it as a means to borrow more and spend more.

Next project is:
Free Flat Screen TV & XBox For All (but those who actually work and pay taxes, go buy your own and thanks for buying theirs).

I agree that we need to assist the poor with food and shelter, but a line must be drawn somewhere. We can't worry that if we stop the flow of "free" that crime will increase. That's like negotiating with terrorists and bowing to their demands, a definite no-no.

Stop spending money. Stop the "that's not fair" way of life. Stop enabling the poor by giving them what they don't need. Make the poor or anyone on unemployment do some work for the local, City, County, State, or Federal governments. I mean there's gotta be a park bench that needs painting, or some trash that needs to be picked up, or teach them how to run the street sweeper, salt-truck, sort packages at the bankrupt USPS, be a baggage handler for the bankrupt AmTrak, rivet sheet metal on a Chevy truck (government bailed-out) assembly line, work on a road repair crew holding a sign or scooping a shovel of asphalt here and there, white-collar unemployed can work in the business offices balancing books, performing network admin, computer programming, back to blue collar - wash and shine the fire, ambulance, and police vehicles, direct traffic, crossing guards for schools, janitorial services at all public institutions, carpentry maintenance, so on blah blah blah All the things that the government contracts out at high rates for or fill with nepotism or the good ol boy system. Unemployment and welfare should be considered entry-level government jobs.

Build up the unemployed and poor recipients' self-esteem, give them a good reference for their hard work. Put some strong-arm leverage on companies that receive government favors and contracts to hire these people with decent waged jobs. Do something positive and beneficial for the future instead of the downhill train wreck of no-effort-needed handouts.

If the poor that are receiving benefits are deemed unfit for work, then they need to be categorized as disabled. Their welfare can come out of a different and sustained fund.

Social conservatives are not heartless, they want their fellow American to get on their feet and succeed. They want to help out when and where they can and understand the need for it. They are not the enemy, but more of a friend to the poor than you realize.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Slow your roll buddy. This is no one but your employer's fault. If your employers would not mind taking a pay cut, then you would not have to. But they are still probably making much more than the average middle class American household is earning, but that doesn't matter. THEY are the ones who want MORE. How do people not see this?

Many employers, or most employers, will pay as little as possible to fill a position. It is the people who are working for them that make them all their money in many cases, because if there were no workers, there would be no business. This is not true for every single business, but it stands for many of the biggest employers and businesses in the USA. This is no different from the turn of the 20th century, when workers could get away with using child labor, and paying little wages. THAT is why the government MUST regulate businesses...They have no moral compass, and instead are guided by one thing...Profit. This reminds me of the contradiction in the terms "green Capitalism." Capitalism by its very nature is the problem, in my opinion. Maybe there is no better system, but you see where it has gotten us. Competition is only good when there are stiff regulations telling businesses what they can and cannot do.

Because without these, businesses will run amok, to the detriment of the proletariat, or working class citizens. Obama's new healthcare plan is meant to reestablish the balance of power. Employers used to be able to get away with not giving insurance to hard working employees. It will not cost the employers more, but they will make less. That is how I see it. But instead of cutting the salaries of executives and others who make hundreds of thousands of dollars per year, or more, they take it out on the lowly employees, whose backs they are making all of this money off of.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
We are, and have been for several years now, in what should be called an Ineptocracy, a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. Granted obama didn’t make that happen alone but he sure is promoting it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentZoil

Yes it is but unless you can prove to me those tax increases have come then again this whole thread is also something I stated it is... fantasy!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JBpage76

well the thread will still be here, your logic is clearly flawed and the tax increase your 'thinking' about isn't going to happen. But if it does show me your pay stub that's getting 50% taken away and you'll have something, otherwise your just another person bitching about speculation. Get some facts, some proof or be treated like the straw grabber you are.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Im not brainwashed...speak for yourself. If you dont like whats happening in America, then get off the internet and actually do something about it...or you can always leave- no one is forcing you to stay here and pay the taxes.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

well the thread will still be here, your logic is clearly flawed and the tax increase your 'thinking' about isn't going to happen. But if it does show me your pay stub that's getting 50% taken away and you'll have something, otherwise your just another person bitching about speculation. Get some facts, some proof or be treated like the straw grabber you are.

Yeah, sure, sure. It would be easier to take you serious if it wasn’t so obvious that you are trolling. It would be my guess that no amount of proof would actually be good enough for you to say “Oh wow, you know.. you were telling the truth.. that sucks bro”… I rather see your response being more on the lines of “Yeah, well.. well.. its because of the republican mega corporations man! Its not obama! Its all republican lies!!”. I know your type. Die hard to the cause, and on certain levels that’s commendable. You could be extremely valuable focused in the right issues, regardless of political party. Its just too bad you lean towards “Team Destroy America”

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

i hear what you're saying, i really do. but it was either this guy or that guy since the public is brainwashed into thinking they only have to choices.

it's either bankrupt our country the wellfare way, OR bankrupt it through war, war, and oh ya i almost forgot, war.

either way you end up bankrupt and with the loss of liberty. it's a win win for everybody, you know?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There is nothing more amusing than rich people feeling sorry for themselves. They would commit suicide if they had to live one day in these "lazy" peoples shoes.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueminatti
There is nothing more amusing than rich people feeling sorry for themselves. They would commit suicide if they had to live one day in these "lazy" peoples shoes.
rich people and "lazy" people are missing the point of why we are in the shape we are in. it all goes back to the federal reserve and there fake money that we pay interest back on. we wouldn't have been able to get ourselves into this mess if we didn't have their fake money. things wouldn't be so distorted.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

I think thats common knowledge but there's really nothing we can do about that. The whole world knows the system we have is criminal. We could peacefully protest on the streets about it believing it can change things but we all know how that story ends. We are forced to live off a piece of paper empowered by the government. This is our America. It's a piece of # country but it's ours.

Bill Maher said it best if u ask me.

"Yes America is like Jessica Simpson, sometimes it's so stupid it embarasses you, but on the other hand, how about them titties!"

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueminatti
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

I think thats common knowledge but there's really nothing we can do about that. The whole world knows the system we have is criminal. We could peacefully protest on the streets about it believing it can change things but we all know how that story ends. We are forced to live off a piece of paper empowered by the government. This is our America. It's a piece of # country but it's ours.

Bill Maher said it best if u ask me.

"Yes America is like Jessica Simpson, sometimes it's so stupid it embarasses you, but on the other hand, how about them titties!"
you are right on all of what you've said here except that it is most definitely not common knowledge about the federal reserve, i can assure you of that. you are probably thinking of the folks here on ATS....but even then you would be shocked i'm sure.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueminatti

Survival is a full time job. Everything they need done, they accomplish with money. Everything I need done, I accomplish with resourcefulness, the good will of men, and sheer dumb luck.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Only one million people in the country, receive cash from the government that do not work. The other 3 million are children. A whopping 4 million people.

Even then, the one million are your veterans, and elderly, and disabled.

But way to go on being an elitist, and a bigot, and most likely a racist.

Why aren't you mad at the all the corporations who move money overseas, escaping millions in tax revenue?

But then it is much easier to be an elitist and a bigot, then to be mad at your own kind.
edit on 20-11-2012 by nixie_nox because: my brain is experiencing technical difficulties

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBpage76

Originally posted by michael1983l
First of all I am not rich nor do I come from a family with money, I now make a decent living because I worked my way through school and used the military to further my education and advance in my chosen career. I’ve worked very hard to get where I am and provide a better life for MY family..

Oh I see, so you got your start by a boost from the taxpayers for your chance in the military, but when taxpayers need help in return, you call them lazy.

You don't deserve any fortune at all.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Well your the one trying to 'prove' something. To me your just another person spitting baseless non factual lies to further whine about the election that the republicans were to stupid to win. Like I said, don't be a child, and come back here with your tail between your legs and a copy of your pay stub that doesn't have the tax increases discussed. I'll be waiting, I always need a good laugh. Thank you Republicans!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Only one million people in the country, receive cash from the government that do not work. The other 3 million are children. A whopping 4 million people.

Its almost too obvious that you have absolutely no clue what your taking about an what is going on in the world much less your own mind, but thank you for posting as you have helped prove my point about brash liberals.

Lets review.. shall we?....How many did you say?

Lets try more like around 50.1 million people and rising since obama took over.

In September 2009, around 4 million Americans were served by a state cash-assistance or welfare program, more than 37 million received federal food stamps and about 9.1 million received unemployment benefits. If treated as exclusive numbers, there would be a total of 50.1 million Americans who received federal aid in September 2009. This data is based on a report published in USA today in January 2010.
So yeah, your information is skewed at best, or at least on this subject. Lets try another…..

Originally posted by nixie_nox
But way to go on being an elitist, and a bigot, and most likely a racist….
….But then it is much easier to be an elitist and a bigot, then to be mad at your own kind.
edit on 20-11-2012 by nixie_nox because: my brain is experiencing technical difficulties

This one is my favorite and is at best laughable, but you obviously believe it so lets address that rhetoric too….

Elitism or é•lit•ism n.
1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
2. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.

(don’t recall stating anything like this anywhere is my posts, but whatever.. you said it.. so its gotta be true… right?)

Racism n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

(I can find ANYWHERE on here that I have stated anything that even remotely suggests it has anything to do with race, but I understand these accusations usually generate from those who are the most guilty of it themselves)

bigot n.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

(This is the only one that would even remotely come close depending on argument view point. Religion.. no.. wasn’t mentioned, Race..again no… wasn’t mentioned, politics..mmmm..maybe, but I don’t follow a specific party and have no strong partiality aside from being an American citizen and supporting our rights. So.. again don’t see anything confirming that)

To wrap things up, your reply was solely based on a bias opinion (bigot? One could argue that point) and stereotyping (elitist, racist.. based on what? Income? Difference of opinion?), which anyone knows is the recourse of a ignorant and or lazy mind. I rather enjoy constructive arguments, but at least come to the table something viable. Did I miss anything?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Im not trying to “prove” anything, I am not trying to recruit anyone to the “dark side” and I am not trying to sway the opinions the multitudes of people who don’t experience similar frustrations. I am and have been stating a frustration. Which is why I started it in the RANT section and not POLITICAL. Pure and simple. You’re the one that wants me to prove the reason from which it originates.

All I can say, is either you know it to be true if you are in the same spot or will when you go through similar experiences, or you don’t because you are not in a position to witness it.

Again, don’t care about whether republicans win or loose, it’s the American people and our core values as a country as a whole. And I will post the figures once we have them in writing.

From your response I gather you are somewhat butt hurt and completely ignorant of life in general…lol. Which now I find even funnier. Just from your rhetoric and state of mind, I would say good luck to you in the real world, once you get out there!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join