It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things to consider in case of post-election riots

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well, the "mental republicans" are spending a great deal of time and effort if this is to "smear". The twitter accounts are real and you can go read them yourself. I mean for Pete's sake...you're desperate aren't you?

Can you list all of the twitter accounts that have said they will riot if Obama loses?

I'm putting the idea out there that it could be propaganda, are you denying that propaganda exists? Are you seriously suggesting that the Republican party would not stoop to such levels considering that they are pushing for the removal of voter rights for poor people, large sections of the African American population and other minority groups?

We have a statement on video of a Republican admitting that new voter ID laws are INTENDED to guarantee the election of Romney, and you think they wouldn't go this low?

If anyone is desperate, I think it's the right wingers denying the truth and pretending it's not happening.

Give me the list of all those people threatening riots and I'll check them out.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Valhall

Ignore him, hes an antogonist in pretty much every thread ive seen him in.

So I'm an "antagonist" because I have an opinion?

But let me guess, if I was a Republican giving my opinion in the same way it wouldn't be antagonistic then, right?

Please try harder to marginalize a persons opinion, because you're doing a pathetic job of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Has anyone seen a list of twitter posts threatening to riot if Obama wins?

I was just curious. I don't plan to riot if either candidate wins.

Ran across these.

Terrible that people have so much anger.

weaselzippers.us...

weaselzippers.us...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Why don't you go look at them yourself? I'm not your slave.

twitchy.com...

www.infowars.com...

www.infowars.com...

www.infowars.com...

www.infowars.com...

www.infowars.com...

Make your own damned list.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

Well thanks, but I am looking for any signs that Romney supporters have plans to riot if Obama wins.

Seems like there aren't any. Aren't there any rabid Romney people out there that will feel ripped off if he loses?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
totally wrong thread...how did my post get here???
edit on 11/4/2012 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Romney supporters riot quietly, in their own homes.

This just in... another Romney supporter has barricaded himself in his home...

however he is unarmed and no one is paying any attention...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I can't believe how naive some people are...thinking there's no way those threatening tweets could be real.
Don't open your mouth about things (or people) you have no experience with.
edit on 11/4/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Up here in Canada, there are a lot of guns. But they're owned by rural folk, and we're too busy tending to our own to start a riot and damage other people and their property.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I really don't know if there will be riots,but this thread does prove one thing. If Martial law was ever implemented, I have no doubt our Military would fire on Americans just by reading the blood thirsty posts here.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
bucket of gasoline or otherwise flammable material with a lid an a 12 gauge flare gun(sell they everywhere) could have a pretty decent effect if you cant get your self a full on gun.

if your feeling malicious could add Styrofoam to it to make poor mans napalm,bucket of roofing tar and some ruined pillows could also be used to mark targets for later arrest,and most of the tricks from home alone could work too.

wooden boards with nails on them in front of the inside of the door just make sure be be ready to face the consequences if law enforcement is the ones who fall into your traps as then youd be in a good deal of legal trouble

But iif it actually gets to the point where you need these things im gonna assume that the law MAY be a bit more lax then in non riotous circumstances.

one of my parents friends in new jersey was in nam back in the day and the peice of plywood on his front door says "former tunnel rat believe me my house is safe for me and me alone do not enter"ill try to see if i still have the photo in my email
edit on 4-11-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: horrible horrible spelling and grammer on my part(problay still not all fixed lol)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Thats all good advice so... dont take this the wrong way. I NEVER comment on grammar but that post was really, really hard to read.. no periods, commas or sentence structure.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

yeah sorry about that i tend to forget some times and spelling has never been my strong suit.

but i will endeavor to do better next time thanks for the polite tips!

www.ar15.com... evidently you can get "flash bangs" if they are powered by co2 in NY allegedly......
another option would be to get a black powder pistol or rifle as they will ship directly to your door with no background check (apparently even felons can technically own them) and six shots are always better then none....

just look into NY laws on storing black powder and realize that if you have a good deal of it the firefighters wont put out your house if it catches fire(they told me they wouldn't put out my house if it started to burn and im in mt)but it is an easy way around those pesky ten day waiting periods as its pretty hard to go on a rampage with a gun that takes good deal of time re load.

also on the topic of black powder getting shot with a round ball is much worse then getting hit with standard ammo as drs of the bp era were called saw bones for a reason as they tend to shatter anything they hit

edit on 4-11-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

www.cabelas.com... i dont work for cabellas so i think i can post that link here if sorry feel free to delete it if its against t&c

www.ehow.com...

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=5714222
edit on 4-11-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: add more links

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
I can't believe how naive some people are...thinking there's no way those threatening tweets could be real.
Don't open your mouth about things (or people) you have no experience with.
edit on 11/4/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

Some might well be real sentiments, others might well be parody or even attemps at building some political agenda, who really knows nowdays, I wouldn't be surprised at all though to see the instigators out on the net trying to stir the ..... soup.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Tecumte because: sp.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
newyork.craigslist.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
from another thread on ats the scum bags and the price gougers are already at it on Craigslist this is the kind of behavior i hate to see in a hurricane or any disaster people trying to make a buck off the fears and misfortune of others

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

I like the old muzzle loader pistols.

They even have stainless steel ones.

When I was a teen the neighbor had one and used to shoot it sometimes. I don't think I have ever fired one of those though. Seems like an environmentally friendly solution, no brass to clean up...

WOW, they have powder in the form of pellets now...no mess, easy.... Gotta get one of these.
Pellet powder

edit on 4-11-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

true on the brass part but i have to routinely dig lead slugs out of my hillside to try to keep poloution from entering my creek (finally found a use for a metal detector when i dont live near the beach)

but i must say they are among the most fun to shoot and makes you feel for our ancestors.

Next time they are on sale and im not broke im gonna get the stainless steel buffalo target model (could be called something else but im too lazy to look)

also if you want one to be safer to shoot stick with the steel framed as opposed to the brass ones less chance of turning it into a hand grenade but chain fires will still be a risk

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If there is a clear winner by 3 to 5% or better its hard for me to see widespread rioting situation, sure some "hood" type areas and those nearby may have some violence but that happens for lessor reasons now.

Given that "Sandy" may make some issues such as email and fax voting which seem ripe for abuse, calls for extended voting hours, Machines reported switching votes and such - there seems to be a ready made situation for year 2000 repeat with endless legal machinations and calls for recounts. People are so very polarized that I can visulize wider violence and rioting if winner is not called early after election and things drag on for days.

The preps alluded to in the OP are fine and many which I've done and exceedede for different reasons but dovetail right in with the event were it to occur.

Maybe I missed it upthread or in OP but I'd also stay away from large venues such as malls, theatres, walmarts and the like until one is very sure things are settled.

I've had the same signature line for better than 5 years and it says it all when identifying the problem in this country today - read and think about it!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod
Well, I live in the Ghetto in Brooklyn and I don't have a car.
I'm also not allowed to own a gun in NYC.
I have a kitchen knife.
What should I do?

youre one of those "spoiled punks" the OP alluded to i suppose. guess youll have to shank some babies and rape some women, preferably white i suppose..

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I dunno, the morbid/sadistic side of me actually WANTS to see a riot happen. At this point, the people are so close to being checkmated by TPTB that I don't see many ways other than full blown nationwide rioting that we may actually wake up and evolve. The problem is, something of such a large scale would be totally out of control and out of focus, and naturally attracting all of the opportunistic criminals we see in most every major riot/mob to come out simply to cause havoc. That's always a great excuse to declare martial law... So in a way, a pointed and focused nationwide riot could be a GREAT thing, but out of focus riot may actually accelerate the path towards a full blown police state.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join