It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things to consider in case of post-election riots

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Upthepunx

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I googled and found this.

www.barska.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Though I seriously dont believe this will get outta hand, i will say that the people that will riot are the people like the "obamaphone" lady that have nothing to loose in the first place and may not hesitate to join a group to wreck the wealthier peoples property.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by Valhall
reply to post by Juggernog

But as I said in my OP, I do not believe this time it will be contained to their own neighborhoods. I really don't. If it happens, they will take it to the neighborhoods they have some wonky unfounded anger toward.

Looks like it's going to be very dangerous for people of color to venture out of their neighborhoods with this type of wonky paranoia.

I guess that's why they call them ghettos.

Yeah, I'd stay inside if you look like you belong on the set of Avatar. I have to admit I too would be a bit paranoid if I saw a bunch of smurfy looking people coming at me.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Has anyone seen a list of twitter posts threatening to riot if Obama wins?

I was just curious. I don't plan to riot if either candidate wins.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Had a double post, so I'll fix it this way:

A link to a flashlight that starts fires.....
Fire

If it doesn't blind 'em, it might burn 'em.
edit on 4-11-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I just find it hard to believe that people are so passionate about their candidate. Neither one of those idiots knows or cares about any of you or me and I feel the exact same way about them.
Yet people on both sides will defend them with their life if anyone "insults" them or their policies, its ridiculous.
If there are riots, its because people are looking for an excuse to do it, just common thugs.
edit on 11/4/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/4/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Very interesting article..

What I disagree with is how it states to stock up on 3 days of food!!! UMM, NO....

STOCK UP ON at least 3-6 months of food and you can still buy seeds for next spring after you have gotten through the winter!!!! Of course it can take a year for some people to stock up that much..
If you haven't started already I fear it could be too late, for example, all the people who did not lose their homes to Sandy and are saying they are starving.

Self Defense: YES there are so many ways to to make home made weapons if you are unable to get a hand gun or shotgun and ammo....Heck, go to Walmart now and buy a machete for $5 or an ax for $15 .That's another subject that has been thoroughly spoken of here on ATS....

Take down political signs!!!! Yes I agree, why leave them up? Here my home has a HOA that clearly states it is not allowed, although you can have chickens and goats

Water as we all know is what can keep you alive for weeks if needed!!! Stock stock stock!! Under beds, in closets, in boxes stacked up high to the ceilings if you must!!!!

The list literally goes on and on!! I really hope and pray there are no riots!!! Whoever wins, the loser side just needs to suck it up and keep moving. Violence breeds violence......

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I starred you because I tend to agree. I don't think this is party loyalty or even candidate loyalty driven. I think there are just a lot of angry bitter people who have been raised to believe they can destroy or take other people's property and cause harm if they don't get their way.

...as you said, thugs looking for a reason.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnik

you lost me.........

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by DrGod
Well, I live in the Ghetto in Brooklyn and I don't have a car.
I'm also not allowed to own a gun in NYC.
I have a kitchen knife.
What should I do?

Move

Seriously, move

Or buy a new ghetto blaster on the down low, I would suggest a 12guage ghetto blaster.

I have a kitchen knife.
What should I do?

Do you have duct tape??? Break off a broom stick handle and duct tape the heck out of the end with the knife at the end to make a spear......

I am so sorry for your loss and pain and I would be worried too. Are New Yorkers not allowed to own a shotgun or hunting rifle???

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Great thread Valhall, thank you.

Hopefully people will take it serious, take away the election element and this would be handy for any riot situation.

See how the London riots flared up so quickly.

CX.

It just so happens that the London riots were politically beneficial. It allowed the government to increase security, push through the privatization of police forces for their corporate buddies, crack down on peaceful protest and start the move to control and monitor all internet communications. They effectively allowed the riots to continue and escalate through the mismanagement of police resources, creating a public sentiment more compliant with their draconian plans for this country.

Our government pretty much left the country and took shelter just in case it spiralled out of control further than they could manage, kicked it off with a word in the ears of about three carefully placed senior officers in London, watched the chaos unfold across the country and allowed it to grow until the public were calling for the military to take control of the streets. Then the police suddenly and miraculously got everything under control in one day, and our government returned to their offices ready to use it to push through everything they wanted.

No sane person can look at what happened in August last year and think that this was just a riot, it was a false flag civil unrest performance created through collusion between police and government.

I don't think the same thing is even remotely plausible in the USA. It takes a lot to get Americans off their ass, and unless a significant number of people plan to "riot" nothing will happen at all. If Obama loses, lets assume there is a 50% support for him. Of that 50% of support how many do you think would even bother to get off their ass to protest - even if they think it was a corrupt election?

I can bet that less than 10% of his 50% would protest even peacefully. And when it comes to "rioting" an even more insignificant number would go that far, possibly less than 1% of those 10% of protesters.

With all the outrage over the economic crisis leading to very little in the way of protest, why do people suddenly think that a riot over this is even plausible?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

There have been many that have threatened violence if Obama loses.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

I would say buy, or make a sling shot, and get small rocks, taconite pellets, or ball bearings. Get a wooden baseball bat, and put some 16 penny nails into it. Tap pilot holes into your bat first. Get a super soaker style sqyirt gun, and load it with your own mix of nasty stuff. Take your biggest kitchen knife and attach it to a mop handle or something similar. Range is an important factor in melee combat. If you don't have proper defense try to compensate with improving camoflage. Barricades are also handy. Good luck to you, and stay safe

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by elias

And there are threads on ATS every week claiming Aliens are coming, that a military coup is about to happen, that the $ is about to collapse because an economist in the ass end of nowhere made a video about it.

Saying something will happen, and actually seeing it happen, are two completely different things.

We also have to consider the chance of manipulation and propaganda. Isn't it just a little bit likely that some mental Republicans somewhere see this as a great opportunity to smear? We know there is a lot of racism in the Republican party (they can deny it all they like, the Republican party does indeed attract Christian fundamentalists, racists and homophobes. You have a two party system and a black president, you have a lot of crazies in the US, do you REALLY think they vote Democrat?) so it's obvious that there will be elements within the Republican party that want to paint all black Americans as violent.

A few tweets threatening riots, in a country with a population like the US, is meaningless.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well, the "mental republicans" are spending a great deal of time and effort if this is to "smear". The twitter accounts are real and you can go read them yourself. I mean for Pete's sake...you're desperate aren't you?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Ignore him, hes an antogonist in pretty much every thread ive seen him in.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

I have a kitchen knife.
What should I do?
Move? I mean seriously why live there?

Man, why did you CHOOSE to live in the ghetto? Are you stupid? Seriously, bro, it's your fault if you get killed because you CHOSE to live there. If I were in your shoes I would pack my bags and buy a home for $750,000 in an upper middle-class suburb. I just don't understand why anyone would choose to live in a poor neighborhood; the answer just eludes me!

/sarcasm

On topic:
There won't be any actual riots over the election. The elections are too much of a non-issue and Americans are too complacent and fearful to take action; they have been for the last 40 or so years, and they will remain so after the election. Look, some 40 year old dude with a family to take care of isn't going to go apes*** over election result because he has a lot to lose; it's not just his ass on the line if he gets arrested. If there are riots, they will be rather small, nothing like we've seen in Greece or Spain.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by elias

And I bet nobody even knows for sure who even authored most of these. Isn't an online threat even to riot in a general way probably breaking one of the 9,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 or so laws now on the books against such things??? Again from what I have read I'm not buying it in total, that alot of these posts aren't being made as simply another pretext to use maybe to agitate people further to accept even more anti-freedom laws and control and crack down on the serfs, from those who pull strings and yank chains from behind the scenes to try and increase their own power by the age old method of divide and conquer and 'problem, reaction solution" that we all know so well.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I live in the hood and were ready even if the bummer wins it's gonna get ugly just for the sake of getting ugly

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join