It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things to consider in case of post-election riots

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

From one comic book, cops arrested two guys, and took their guns.
Why did you care gun, they asked the first guy.
I live in dangerous part of the city, and I must protect myself.
Oh, you must be of those guys who want to provide their personal justice, that is not allowed, you are going to jail for 5 years.
Than, they asked the other one, the same question, Why did you care gun.
Well, I am bank robber, that is my profession, and that is what I can do best.
Oh, excuse me, mister, if there were not such a guys, we, policemen, we would loose our jobs, because we wouldn't be neccessary. So, there is your gun, you can leave, and good luck!
JOKE.

edit on 4-11-2012 by dragnik because: addition of photo

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
here were hoping for riots last time they torched 40 houses so thats 40 less places for the low lifes to live. All and all they have eliminated 300-400 places since those riots the population is down 20% Life is good in the hood

link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
No offence meant, but as an outsider who has worked with Americans for the last *cough*30*ish**cough* years (and indeed the larger part of my family is America) I can not believe how divided you guys have become over the last 10, and the last 5 has been quite mind boggling to watch, and it has left me feeling I have zero understanding of Americans.

It almost seems as though you are being set up to rip yourselves apart, and to be honest it is not fun to watch, I can not believe their are noises of riot in response to an election.. what a sad state of affairs that such a threat is taken seriously, and indeed watching from outside it almost feels like those threats might become a self fulling prophecy..

We do indeed live in scary times.. my hope is that nothing happens.. and this concern passes like the Olympics as no more than just words being thrown around in the media and on the internet..

Keep safe..

Yes it does seem as you say " as though you (we) are being set up" (once again lol), many of the comments I read about rioting almost read like they were typed by some little over paid 'wasp' like white guys,sitting in a cubicle somehwre trying to stir up trouble, trying to 'talk black' but instead coming off sounding like a fake idiots.

I think as usual the usual actors are out in the worlds 'news' rooms, even on alt. sites like Infowars, trying to stir the pot, always always working to try and keep The People divided, in this fraudulant Hegelian fake so called 'left' vs ' so called 'right' paradigm. And so many people who fall for it and into it.

Yes definately though stay prepared and ready, in case they suceed (again), I wouldn't even put it out of the realm of possibility another BIG staged event to help kick it all off.

link   

Originally posted by DrGod
Well, I live in the Ghetto in Brooklyn and I don't have a car.
I'm also not allowed to own a gun in NYC.
I have a kitchen knife.
What should I do?

in close quarter combat the knife is preferred over the gun so i would stay inside whenever possible with a knife.

a very bright LED flashlight is also a formidable weapon in that you can blind the perp for long enough to either get away or incapacitate them.

the reason there may be rioting after the election has very little to do with who wins in my humble opinion. i think it has more to do with the fact that our elected officials, our judicial officials, our law enforcement and our media are all out of control and are pushing the people to fight back.

our economy is a joke and will implode post election, since all the main stream indicators are a facade, reality will set in sooner than later. we still have a food shortage that has yet to be felt from the droughts.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

When I went through my CCL training the instructor showed us a small strobe high-lum light. It would cause instant temporary blinding to anyone who it hit in the dark. I don't recall what the brand was, but do you happen to know what I'm talking about? It wasn't very big at all, but it was extremely bright. He explained the lower threshold for brightness that would cause temporary blinding effect and this was a bit higher than that.

I would like to get one, but I just can't remember what they were called.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I believe there will be some unrest if Obama loses. Look at the riots that happened in Chicago when the bulls won. Riots happen for any number of reasons because people can be dirt bags.

But I'm prepared for riots. I have plenty of ammo.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

I have a kitchen knife.
What should I do?

in close quarter combat the knife is preferred over the gun so i would stay inside whenever possible with a knife.

a very bright LED flashlight is also a formidable weapon in that you can blind the perp for long enough to either get away or incapacitate them.

the reason there may be rioting after the election has very little to do with who wins in my humble opinion. i think it has more to do with the fact that our elected officials, our judicial officials, our law enforcement and our media are all out of control and are pushing the people to fight back.

our economy is a joke and will implode post election, since all the main stream indicators are a facade, reality will set in sooner than later. we still have a food shortage that has yet to be felt from the droughts.

You know the old joke though right?

Who's the one you can always count on to throw the first rock at a protest?

The Undercover agent.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

i just hate all the comments "if your white your gonna hafta fight for your life" bull #. i aint no fortunate son(ccr ohhh yea!) i dont see color or "race" i despise people of any decent how play the race card. i hate politics. and i espicaly hate this bull # cause people who dont want to riot or # # up and be stupid shaved apes. will be effected. how is that fair? im not attacking anyone im just venting. to me this seams like the work of a techonology(tweeter face book etc) and people shooting there mouth off cause there just typing words rather than speaking from the mouths on there face. im just sick and tired of the whole "watch your back" point of view on here. and what the # will these riots solve? what will voting solve? what will any of the people running to become the "commander and chief" do to make life better? everyone knows weather they say it or not that the pres dont matter but yet so many people make a big deal bout it. its like one of those balls that gay guys use to have in NYC in the 80's all flash and glam.....sorry i was watching paris is burining last night. such a good movie.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

When I went through my CCL training the instructor showed us a small strobe high-lum light. It would cause instant temporary blinding to anyone who it hit in the dark. I don't recall what the brand was, but do you happen to know what I'm talking about? It wasn't very big at all, but it was extremely bright. He explained the lower threshold for brightness that would cause temporary blinding effect and this was a bit higher than that.

I would like to get one, but I just can't remember what they were called.

the brand i use is OLight, M20SX Warrior, but there are others that work just the same and can be had for 40-100 dollars. my light has 3 settings plus strobe and delivers 500 lumen's in a light that is 144mm long and 36mm in diameter.

i can spotlight deer with this light out to 200-300 yards without a problem and that should blind anyone for the time required.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Thank you! I'll go look where I can get one right now!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Let them riot, they only hurt themselves and tear up/loot their own neighborhoods.

Oh and LMAO at all the people that said voting this idiot into office would improve race relations, they have not.
I believe they have gotten worse. He is one of the most divisive presidents ive seen in the last 35 years.
edit on 11/4/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Look our country is young. Have you any understanding of the Middle East and the divisions there on much smaller land mass?

I never understood how they could break into various factions based on religion and geography with thousands of years more time to discover the highest potential of man and of humanity towards one another.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Rioting is very plausible in large inner cities.

2011 in Wisconsin, supposed working class and educated people went bonkers and stormed our capital in Madison over "collective bargaining rights" and for having to pay a little for benefits. Families torn apart and friendships ruined over the public sector union agenda. Again, these were educated, blue and white collar workers going nuts, protesting, making death threats and causing millions of dollars in damage to our capital building. So I say:

Why wouldn't the bottom end of society go nuts and rampage over Obama's defeat? This element of society actually believes that this POTUS has done something for them and if he is removed from office they may lose something.

Riot or not, I agree, be prepared, everyday. No less than a weeks worth of food and water and a weapons and ammo cache.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I have a kitchen knife.
What should I do?

Move

Seriously, move

Or buy a new ghetto blaster on the down low, I would suggest a 12guage ghetto blaster.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

But as I said in my OP, I do not believe this time it will be contained to their own neighborhoods. I really don't. If it happens, they will take it to the neighborhoods they have some wonky unfounded anger toward.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by elias
reply to post by Valhall

1. I agree with this one. You can bet these will be the worst offenders: DC, Chicago, LA, Frisco, NYC, Miami, Detroit, Atlanta, Houston, DFW, Austin, and Phoenix. I'm in Birmingham, and I don't think we have too much to worry about. We don't have a history of riots, and you're safe as long as you stay out of northside. Just use common sense.

I don't get offended often but you're wrong about any of those Texas cities. Houston and Dallas might have rioted over a sports game in the past, but that's not the norm here. Too many people have guns and want a reason to use them to say the least. Don't speak for Texas.

The rest of your post is good advice however, especially for the smaller states.
edit on 4-11-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
reply to post by Juggernog

But as I said in my OP, I do not believe this time it will be contained to their own neighborhoods. I really don't. If it happens, they will take it to the neighborhoods they have some wonky unfounded anger toward.

Looks like it's going to be very dangerous for people of color to venture out of their neighborhoods with this type of wonky paranoia.

I guess that's why they call them ghettos.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohyouknow
I know this year is a hot year with the elections but I didn't know that I should be so worried about riots. Thankfully I live in the country and I'm surrounded by Amish.

Good for you, I assume then you know what goes "clip clop clip clop clip clop BANG!!!!"

An Amish drive by shooting

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I'll just laugh and move on. That was a ridiculous post.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

Yea, the last and pretty much the only "riot" I can recall in Dallas was back in the 90s during the Cowboys super bowl parade, it really wasnt even a full blown riot I dont think, they just got over zealous.
I dont believe Austin has ever had a riot and I really dont remember Houston having one either.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join