Things to consider in case of post-election riots

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Love your post!
Seriously, these preppers are a joke. They're paranoid and are living in a world of their own. Thankfully, this is a minority of the people. The rest of us are living on the planet Earth.
edit on 4-11-2012 by ChiefD because: Spelling correction

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiefD
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Love your post!
Seriously, these preppers are a joke. They're paranoid and are living in a world of their own. Thankfully, this is a minority of the people. The rest of us are living on the planet Earth.
edit on 4-11-2012 by ChiefD because: Spelling correction

Sorry you feel that way! as a norm most of us abhor collectivism and celebrate individualism, You = Donner party We = Davy Crocket

So if you're in NY today and have lack of most basic services would you rather be;

1. Cold, hungry and at mercy of others
or
2. Warm, well fed and at no ones mercy

Thats not paranoia, it planning or prepping.

In a national event such as EMP (whether you believe possible or not is irrelevant to the point) you'd soon be, if not one of the first, then one of the early casualties - darwinism at it harshest on this planet earth where some actually do live in reality by seeing how thin civilizations veneer really is - you cant eat your iphone nor your 401K or that beemer for that matter and none of those will keep you warm, not even the car once its run out that 1/4 tank you always seem to have.

Its the old adage, "you're poor planning is not an emergency on my part"

I'd send the likes of you on your way in a real deal emergency, trust me its real obvious to me knowing those who've made effort to help themselves before asking for it - those I will choose to help - your ilk NO!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiefD

A Navy Chief that thinks preparation is a joke?

Out at sea, all you have is your knowledge and experience and the spare parts and supplies you brought with you.

Can't call the vendor to come fix it...

Skipper wants the radar up, what about that Chief? Oh, no spare parts, no problem, I guess we can fix it after the Westpac...

WTF?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I'll add a few...

-- If you have nice cars...hide them.

-- Keep the outside of your home well lit. But also ensure the inside of the home is not easily visible from the outside. Might be worth getting a Beware of Dog sign(s) you can quickly hang in the right places on your property.

-- Put away your garden furniture and other yard ornaments.

-- Have fire extinguishers at the ready.

-- Do not play loud music or watch TV at a volume that would keep you from hearing noises outside.

-- Have a plan with each member of your household on where you should meet if you must quickly abandon your home. Pick a destination in each direction of your home. Some routes may be blocked.

-- If rioting does begin, then see your neighbors immediately (I wouldn't suggest doing it before) and discuss a communication and watch plan. Have an idea of what that would be before you need it.

Frankly, I could think if many more...but these are the easiest and most important.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

I used to enjoy listening to police radio.

Most of the police have migrated to 800 Mhz digital radio so special equipment is needed to receive it. The new scanners can decode it but they are expensive.

Scanners at the toy store

Make sure if you order one it has the features you need,

THis one is easy to program. Just tell it where you are and it sets it self up automatically.

Uniden Homepatrol Link

I wasn't aware of that, I know that the night of the Dark Knight shooting an ATS member posted as soon as the calls started coming in which he had heard by listening with a regular scanner or smart phone app I'm not sure which but I have an app and was able to listen through that for awhile. There was a lot of confusion and mixed info plus a lot of info that was never reported on for whatever reason. I saw that thread a full 2 hours before the MSM began reporting on my TV in Cali. So I guess it just depends on the location and what system that particular LE is using.

Thanks for the info though I appreciate it. I don't know that I'll be investing in such equipment, but the app I use I believe it's called 5-0 Radio Free and you can use it for many different agencies/areas plus it's fairly easy to use.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I swear you guys are paranoid about everything! Every week, I read about how you guys are afraid of somebody taking away your freedom fries.

I live in a rural area and, let me tell you, I'm faaaar more afraid of what the bubba-effect hillbillies armed with AR15s are going to do when they're all drunk on Keystone and hear about Obama winning again. That scares the crap out of me.

The poor and disenfranchised (what most anti-Obama folks call "black") have good reason to riot and protest every day but they don't. I can promise you that a democratic process functioning as intended will not set things off. Like I said, there is no reason to fear the Obama camp over the Romney one.

This whole OP is alarmist garbage. Quit living in a state of fear.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Why would anyone riot for Romney? And will you be on the front lines leading the charge?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by jondave

Up here in Canada there is very few guns.

and its all because of da hockey game....

The NHL is on lockout strike. No hockey games this year. So you've got the entire Great White North with all that Molson and nothing to do on hockey night!

Seriously though ... VALHALL .. good thread.

IMHO there won't be any riots. All the idiots talking about rioting on twitter and such .. they are speaking in gutteral ebonics and are follwers of Obama. It looks like Obama is going to win and if he does, these morons won't have anything to riot about.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiefD
Seriously, these preppers are a joke.

Seriously, when the grid goes down don't come knocking on my door looking for a handout.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by elias
You can bet these will be the worst offenders: DC, Chicago, LA, Frisco, NYC, Miami, Detroit, Atlanta, Houston, DFW, Austin, and Phoenix.

Gotta add Philadelphia to that list. Seriously. We are about 45 minutes from downtown Philly. When I go in for my doctors or when we go in to dinner at Hardrock or whatever ... the city itself is simmering. There are people on the streetcorners in makeshift 'uniforms', literally standing on crates (their soap boxes), preaching their version of anti-white racial hate. And they have people crowded around them listening. The part of Philly around Reading Terminal Market .. Hardrock ... that whole area for sure .... (and it's not considered a 'bad area')

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
why is it so dangerous to walk streets in US???

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Naptown317

And that's all you've got, right?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Now I could be wrong, but I think the basic rules for Rioting are......

Go kick the blankety blank out of those who disagree with you..

Go destroy something political in nature... It would be best if its not your own neighborhood, thats called "shooting yourself in the foot"

Go somewhere where they will fight back with you...

Go to the cities and riot, not much good burning down a dairy or hay field out in the country.

While I'm not going to Riot either way, it will be entertainment for some. Stupid entertainment, but entertainment all the same. I'm sure the medias will cover all the riots. I think it will likely be a 'Black-White' thing for the most part, it's also likely to be a 'have and have-nots thing', like a 1% thing. If thats the case, banks and financial institutions are and will be targets. I'm sure places like Detroit, Chicago and LA might be places this will happen, but it could involve more. Curious, how many will die for the new President, or Same President. And how smart is that?

Lets hope people just go home on the 6th after voting, heck, it's going to be weeks before they declare a winner most likely anyway. Remember Gore/Bush and Florida the count debacle..!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
why is it so dangerous to walk streets in US???

They aren't. And won't be dangerous until fearful and paranoid gun-toting crazies come out in response to an imaginary threat. If Americans are good at one thing, it's overreacting to non-existent threats.

If people are prepping in response to a bunch of kids acting tough on the internet, then you can see why we nuked Japanese civilians and invaded Iraq for imaginary weapons.

Most of us feel helpless in our large and overbearing nation so we get wood anytime we can talk tough and grab our muskets against pretend threats. It's sort of like "role playing" and I don't mind humoring them for now. I won't get worried until I see patrols of them with guns. I don't want to live in fear of my family being shot by my paranoid neighbors just because of the way we look. I'm starting to find this mentality more and more dangerous.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
reply to post by detachedindividual

Why don't you go look at them yourself? I'm not your slave.

twitchy.com...

www.infowars.com...

www.infowars.com...

www.infowars.com...

www.infowars.com...

www.infowars.com...

Make your own damned list.

Infowars. Nice source.

Just remember to buy gold.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

guns are for wusses.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

You get the Varanzanno Bridge to guard. Get out there on the Belt and watch it. LOL

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
In a parallel universe, the majority of Americans riot because they mostly voted for Gary Johnson.

They didn't riot in the neighborhoods, they targeted gubberminty locale..

That's just from a parallel universe in the quantum..
edit on 5-11-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

I won't get worried until I see patrols of them with guns. I don't want to live in fear of my family being shot by my paranoid neighbors just because of the way we look. I'm starting to find this mentality more and more dangerous.

Maybe you should think of going over and making friends with those neighbors as they will be the ones doing the patrolling that keeps your area safe if things go haywire. Seems its your unproven and unfounded fear of them that leads you to denigrate them and possibly appear antagonistic - you might be pleasantly surprised if you make an honest effort.

Sure they won't trust you, or you them from past bias thats a granted.

But.................

You can be part of the problem or part of the solution. Color or national origin has nothing to do with survival in a SHTF situation for anyone actually serious about such things, if the neighbors are not serious then at the minimum you've shown them that gee you're not a threat to them and they'll leave you and your family alone and might even come to your aid because they know you.

Just say'in

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

I have used the phone ap scanners but in Los Angeles they always turned off the stream right when you want to listen. One night I was watching a car chase on TV and listening to the cops audio on the radio in the other ear.

There are still a few on 150 or 400 Mhz that you can find listed on the internet. Mostly really small towns where it makes no sense to convert over to the 800 Mhz system.

In Los Angeles the State cops have this "range extender" frequency on 2 meters. And I used to always have the two meter radio scanning between that and the calling frequency when I was driving to work. If I heard anything on that range extender I was always less than a block away from a State cops with lights flashing.

The state cops in California actually are mostly on 50Mhz now, but all different frequencies depending on the area. Hard to figure out which one to tune.

Actually some of the most interesting stuff I have heard is on 20 meters, 14.300Mhz which is the "marine mobile net" (sailboats). One time I listened to a guy, all alone on a sailboat having health issues. They patched that frequency to a vhf frequency that the coastguard monitors and had him speak with a coast guard doc. THey decided he needed his appendix out and told him he had better pull into port.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join