It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things to consider in case of post-election riots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jondave

Up here in Canada there is very few guns. When We riot, We twap People in the face with back bacon.

and its all because of da hockey game....

On a quiet night they burn 10 zambonis

Link from Drudge twitter riot threats

edit on 3-11-2012 by kawika because: added quote

edit on 3-11-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

i live in the south of chicago. mostly mexican neighborhood. i have no fire arms. but do have a nice array of sharp objects and ruff idea on how to make IED's with house hold chemicals and such.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jondave
Up here in Canada there is very few guns. When We riot, We twap People in the face with back bacon.

You probably live near a City or in it. Are you kidding?

Canadians have guns and a lot of them. We just don't pull them out at any instance of supposed uprisings.

When it comes time....duck.

Peace

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well I feel like chiming in here. Since I have no intel to share what I can tell you is that in our very small town over this weekend I have seen a huge influx of Police officers really wound up and looking for action. This is rare here.

I took my son to wally and at one point he comes up to me and says that the parking lot is full of crazies. I said what do you mean? Why were you out in the parking lot? He old me for some change. I scolded him lightly and reminded him not to go out of the store without me but what did he mean by crazies?

He said that there were several people hootin and hollering in the parking lot, yelling and stuff. I put it out of mind but noticed a couple sets of officers walking around the store as we were in line to leave.

When we got to the car indeed there were several groups of officers at about 4 different locations in the parking lot, one right beside our truck. They had the 'crazies' handled and we put our bags in and buckled up, as I put the truck in reverse some big truck came peeling into the parking lot screeching tires and being a general show off nuisance.

I was looking back because I was backing up but the long legged Cop actually darted behind me, I mean right behind me, cut us off to run towards the offensive truck.

I know for some this is common place but for our little town that was once called the best place to raise a family, peaceful, it was an uproar and very out of place.

It was enough for me to tell my teenager not to plan any dates this weekend and to stick close to home, I never refuse the vehicles to him as he has proved very responsible.

I have been really busy with family and have not been on the forum much but to see this thread makes me think that perhaps what the OP has shared with us has validity and the post made on page one sums it all up for me in that if nothing happens then we are left more prepared for the uncertainty of this winter which according to the experts is going to be one for the books, is already record breaking in many areas.

Some sound advice about the polling places especially in the more high profile communities, but really keeping abreast of your local police and fire scanners should be priority one on the 6th and a few days after.

I do not understand why things got so crazy in my community this weekend, but I will heed the warning, Val has never been one to spread any kind of shenanigans or fear mongering.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

1. I agree with this one. You can bet these will be the worst offenders: DC, Chicago, LA, Frisco, NYC, Miami, Detroit, Atlanta, Houston, DFW, Austin, and Phoenix. I'm in Birmingham, and I don't think we have too much to worry about. We don't have a history of riots, and you're safe as long as you stay out of northside. Just use common sense. Lock your car and house doors, maybe put the valuables under further lock and key.

2. Yes, and no. In recent years, police departments across the country have become increasingly versed in very effective nonlethals, and almost all departments carry assault rifles in the trunk now. Full auto is always a last resort, but if you're dealing with a crowd that just smashed your car, is throwing rocks and molotovs and is moving toward you, you gotta do what you gotta do. NYC would do ok, so would LA and Frisco. Cops there know the city, and they can hold their own for a short time(which would buy time for the Guard to roll out. That's a 2-3 day wait after they're ordered to report to their duty stations). Miami would fare OK, Detroit would get really bad. Texas would do OK, and the southwestern states would have their own problems. Once the Guard is out, streets will get quiet REAL QUICK. DC would fare the best, the sheer amount of police, military, and federal agents in the city would swing the odds in their favor.

3. Fires will be a greater threat than the riots themselves. First responders will find themselves besieged and unable to do their jobs. These will cause untold billions in damage. Avoid them at all costs. And pray for rain.

4. True again. It's a join or get the snot kicked out of you mentality. Private property damage and loss of life will be staggering.

5. If you join the riots, I really hope my tax dollars don't go to your hospital bill when the cops and guard come bust you up.

6. Agreed. If these indeed become race riots if Romney is elected, you can bet the people with the Romney signs in their yards are going to have their homes invaded, stripped, and burned. In that order.

7. Not even three days. I'd get a month's worth at least. Dehydrated food, ten gallon jugs of water, vitamins, things like that. Crackers. And don't buy junk. Get healthy stuff. Energy and protein bars too. Get a whole spectrum of nutrition. And DON'T run and get everything last minute. After the riots start, grocery stores will be madhouses. People will steal everything, and the shelves will be empty. Assaults and murders for supplies will be common.

8. I recommend 3 weapons: Semi-auto assault rifle such as the AR-15, a cheap Mossberg 12 or 16 gauge shotgun, and a Glock 40. If you can't afford the AR, go with the mossberg and the glock. They shouldn't set you back very much, the shotty's only a couple hundred. Keep it loaded and in an accessible place. If you're trying to keep intruders out, I'd recommend not going with buckshot. If they're legal in your state, purchase Dragon's Breath rounds. Loud, bright, fiery, and they pack one hell of a punch. I wouldn't fire them indoors, they have magnesium in them and can set your home on fire. Kind of a last resort thing. But it'll send them running. Standard rounds for the AR and Glock. Having bear mace and combat knives wouldn't hurt you either. If things really got bad, I'd load a 150-200 round drum on the AR.

9. STAY INFORMED. YES. Have a hand cranked radio. They're very easy to find, and they work like a charm. Have a flashlight as well, and I would recommend you go ahead and get a first aid kit and a whole survival kit if need be. Use social media and those types of sites to know where the threats are, and when it's safe to flee. These sites can be an invaluable tool in locating and assessing threats such as riots, fires, floods, and more.

10. Don't taunt on Facebook, you can make yourself a target. Also, don't tell the world about your survival cache if you don't want your door broken down by a mob.

11. Yes, have a bug out bag. Pistol, ammo, water, maps, GPS, satphone, laptop, charger, spare chargers for everything, solar chargers, and a portable power unit. Many of these can hold days of charge.

12. YES. have a place to go. Family out in the country. As soon as you see the signs of unrest, LEAVE. Leave before you get caught in history's worst traffic jam.

13. Yes, always have full tanks. I'd get at least 20 extra gallons in cans.

14. Yep, always good.

15. Make sure you're in contact with loved ones before the towers and landlines go out.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

There will be NO post-election riots. President Obama will retain his presidency for four more years simply because:

1. Romney dismissed 47% of the US population.
2. Romney/Ryan will remove women's healthcare rights, and they know it.
3. Romney said: "Attacking me is not an agenda, Mr. President." Yet, that is exactly what Romney/Ryan have been doing ceaslessly as their own campaign agenda, pointing out all the bad and none of the good. If Obama is to blame for all of the horrors of the modern economy, then he should get credit for some of the progress. People KNOW this.
4. Romney is an upper-crust elite who doesn't give a hoot for the average person.
5. Romney shifts his position on taxes and healthcare depending on the audience, the venue and his momentary, poll-based agenda.

There is more, but I won't get into it. *Everyone* who has some sense realizes that unless you make $1 million or more a year, Romney doesn't give a flying fudge about you. *Everyone* who hasn't drunk the Replublican/Tea Bagger kool-aid knows this.

Further, there might be a "silent" majority of racists out there, and this election will prove that their voices/votes are far outnumbered by good, kind, caring, non-racist people. Many people want Obama out of office simply because of his race, although they will trump-up any other excuse. We shall see that the voices of hidden hatred are out-sung by people who don't harbor that kind of obselete hatred. You think we've come so far since the Civil Rights Act, and we have, but in some ways we haven't. Just the other day, my caucasian friend who supports Obama and has Obama/Biden bumper stickers on his car was called a name by a typical Obama hater in a 4x4 truck with a rebel flag on it. They guy yelled at my friend and called him "N----r lover." You think we've come so far since the 1960s, and yet this kind of hatred permeates America and is especially strong in the American south from Virginia to Florida and everything inbetween and around. It is a sad, sad shame.

I believe we are better than this. There will be no riots because America will choose the best choice: President Obama. This country would have been so much worse if he had not been elected and will be so much worse if Romney were to win because Romney/Ryan would do the EXACT SAME THING THAT GOT US INTO THIS MESS TO BEGIN WITH.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

Buy a lot groceries, and watch tv under a blanket in the bathroom. You can follow the Canadian by arming yourself with a slab of bacon, I guess. I, for one would rather have it on sandwiches.
edit on 4-11-2012 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Yes! And 2004 there was much more talk of riots, when Bush "won" a second term, no one I knew could believe it. I myself was shocked. In 2000, I didn't care much about politics or who won (I was much younger but old enough to vote) , but 9-11 changed it all. I knew instantly what was happening and it was very apparent what was going on by the 2004 election, he still won. No riots and there should have been. No riots in 2004, none in 2008 when a black man won, none in 20012... unless they are instigated or there is some false flag event.. which wouldn't surprise me I guess. I kind of have a feeling that the S#/t will hit the fan sometime after the election regardless of who wins... but I don't think it will be a result of the election. Just a feeling and I am pretty intuitive.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
No offence meant, but as an outsider who has worked with Americans for the last *cough*30*ish**cough* years (and indeed the larger part of my family is America) I can not believe how divided you guys have become over the last 10, and the last 5 has been quite mind boggling to watch, and it has left me feeling I have zero understanding of Americans.

It almost seems as though you are being set up to rip yourselves apart, and to be honest it is not fun to watch, I can not believe their are noises of riot in response to an election.. what a sad state of affairs that such a threat is taken seriously, and indeed watching from outside it almost feels like those threats might become a self fulling prophecy..

We do indeed live in scary times.. my hope is that nothing happens.. and this concern passes like the Olympics as no more than just words being thrown around in the media and on the internet..

Keep safe..

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I could see how riots could occur both if Romney or Obama were to be elected. The truth is though that something big has been brewing for a long time. All that is needed at this particular moment is a catalyst to speed up what seems inevitable. The elections may serve as that catalyst. The middle class has slowly been slipping downward to the point that at some point in the future it will be non-existent, if things remain as they currently are. That is a lot of angry people. Many of these people would not start a revolution, but by God they would participate once they realized what was going on. At least that is my opinion.

I realize that it is entirely possible that these people will be too engrossed with Jersey Shore on television, or whatever else, to A.) realize what is happening, and B.) actually pull themselves out of their bubble to participate. The only way we will have mass participation in a riot or a revolution will be when the vast majority of the population has been affected to a great extent; most likely financially. If people are unable to continue with their accustomed way of life, on a massive scale, things are going to go to hell. But I reiterate that they must really take a downward turn regarding change in their lives for them to wake up. Some small change that does not alter their lives dramatically is not enough.

This has been slowly happening to people for a while, but nothing has come of it as far as a large movement. This is why I say a catalyst is needed, and why the election could possibly trigger something big. We will see. And frankly, what we talk about may very soon no longer matter, if things actually collapse. But hopefully if some large revolution occurs, or a disaster even, people will realize that they MUST come together to avoid our worlds descending into complete chaos. That is what the preppers are expecting, and it is good to be prepared, but I think it is wrong to think that it is impossible for humans to come together to solve massive problems.

Of course the massive problem underlying all of the other problems in America is the control, power, and influence big business and radical fundamentalists have all throughout the US government. Political parties mean nothing, and no one, not even the president, is beyond the reach of the money and power at the disposal of these groups.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Thanks for sharing. It all boils down to: If you're white, be ready to fight for your life.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightwalk

It would be easy to fall into that mind-trap. And the reason it would be easy is because of the facts at hand. The majority (and that's almost ALL) of the threats are coming from black people. However, I'm not going to allow myself to be pulled into that, and I really think that is sort of what the people making threats hope will happen, is that people will get pulled into that mind set. Then they can claim this is all racially based.

No, the truth of the matter is if you have a job and "stuff" that is your own and you earned, they're angry at you. So, I don't think, if they carry through with their threats, that this will be limited to only white people or that the offenders will only be black people. I think it is angry people who assume someone else owes them something. There's plenty of different colors in that group.

And, yes, antar...this thread was not to fear-monger. This thread was just to share what I believe is common sense information all people should follow. Following the recommendations in the first post can help you if you're trapped in a blizzard in your home, black-out due to ice-storm...whatever. It's just best to be prepared. Unfortunately, right now, we have a bunch of mullet-heads openly threatening to riot if things don't go their way on the 6th.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I have a milk can at the front door with a 12 gauge riot shotgen loaded with 9 rounds of 00 In It I'm ready.

Also I have small discreet sign on the front door that reads THERE IS NOTHING IN HERE WORTH YER LIFE !

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This was posted at Drudge, tweets... Maybe just empty threats...maybe not.

Tweets threaten to riot

A few weeks ago, Twitchy reported on Twitter users threatening to riot if President Obama loses to GOP rival Mitt Romney. With four days to go until Election Day, we decided this is a topic worth revisiting. The results of our Twitter searches are not pretty:

@TattooedPretty
If Romney win , me obama and 2 chainz going to start a riot and shoot his ass !—
TriciaM'fcknShell (@TattooedPretty) November 02, 2012
2 Nov 12
Dimz@turn2two
If Obama lose it's going to be the biggest riot in history… Beacause, I'm going to start it!
2 Nov 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
K.dot@BanitaApplebumm 2 Nov 12
If Romney were to win, I feel like ppl are gonna riot the streets..
The Sage⚡@ChuckRaging
yup, thas me. RT @BanitaApplebumm: If Romney were to win, I feel like ppl are gonna riot the streets..
@JayBae813
I Swear If Romney Win Imma Start A Motha#in Riot—
JayBabyyyy (@JayBae813) November 02, 2012
2 Nov 12
@Perfectly_Badd_
If Romney win we should start a riot—
IG: @Perfectly_Badd_ (@Perfectly_Badd_) November 02, 2012
2 Nov 12
@_SweetKiWi
If Mitt Romney wins, imma start a riot!—
Ganja Nish.✌ (@_SweetKiWi) November 02, 2012
2 Nov 12
ricky spanish @DoobsxBoobs
if Romney wins this election i'm starting a riot
Uncle Mitchie@RedForemen
If Obama don't win it's gone be a riot.
@VannaDoesItRite
I'ma start riot if Obama don't win—
Vanna Jamie James (@VannaDoesItRite) November 02, 2012
2 Nov 12
#BattleOfTheValleys@RashadBF
If I drive all the way to the city to vote Tuesday & Obama doesn't win! Imma start a riot!
@ASAPLife_
Romney wins= L.A. Riot—
FREDO (@ASAPLife_) November 02, 2012
2 Nov 12
MAC_Freshly@MACBoy_Inglish
RIOT! Ima start a riot! * @2chainz voice* RT @RealShaddyLo: If Mitt Romney win idk what I'm gonna do
Boss Lady ♥@BrittanyiCandy
If Romney wins the election, imma start a riot like Spike Lee in Do The Right Thing
@TLoft1_MTOE
Lets face it u vote for obama were #ed u vote for mitt romney were super #ed lets all riot.. #butseriously—
★†₤∅F†★ (@TLoft1_MTOE) November 02, 2012
2 Nov 12
Bri @_KissesFrmBrezy 2 Nov 12
I was given the heads up last night that it mayyyy be smart to stay in during Election Day because if Romney wins niggas might start a riot
Terell Kirby@Terell_Lamont
@_KissesFrmBrezy Romney win = RIOT
Ya GF Fav LightSkin♕@Lo_Heffner
Or both “@RAYandNITE: If Romney win, its either going be a recount or a riot”
@Rachettastic
If mitt romney wins I'm starting a #in riot—
Narcissistic. (@Rachettastic) November 02, 2012
2 Nov 12
Ontario_london@London_monroee8
If Romney wins , Ima start a fuccn Riot .
F R A N K L I N @ChangeMy_Name
If Mitt Romney wins, nighas gon riot like when Dr. King died. It's gon be a sight to see.
Ben O. Verbich@_Swaggerless
If Romney wins, we riot.
Mr. Promo@AfterMoneyFlipp
If Romney wins, me & @2chainz startin a riot frfr
- MAWH TOO THE $$$.@BitchEmAllNee
If Obama Dont Win , Imma Start A Bigg Ass Riot . Lls 👌
Those are just the riot threats posted today (Friday November 2nd). It is reasonable to assume that hundreds more were posted prior to today — all of them ignored by a complacent, biased mainstream media.

Interestingly, the threats made today were posted exclusively by supporters of President Obama. We weren’t able to find even one Republican threatening to riot if Mitt Romney loses.

Granted, most of these riot threats were probably made in jest, but a few may be serious. People who do not respect property rights and have little regard for the rules governing civil society have been known to riot over matters of less importance than a presidential election.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

And they have been happening since just after the VP debate, at least they have been reported on since that time. It started with calling for riots "we're gonna burn this m***f***r down" etc. Then after the final Presidential debate there was a rash of posts about assassinating Romney. Now they have switched back to rioting.

Someone said this was done in the 2008 and 2004 and 2000 elections. No it wasn't. There were not hundreds to thousands of posts about rioting and assassination.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

We never used to have flash mobs either.

This is facilitated by new technology, accessible by the masses.

Radio operators have always had the technology to setup a flash mob, other than Dayton, never happens.

If I sent a tweet like that about the group in charge, they would be at my door in 30 minutes...

edit on 4-11-2012 by kawika because: afterthought

edit on 4-11-2012 by kawika because: added image

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
as a respomnse to people saying chicago being a hot spot. in live in the south of chitown and predominantly spanish and black commuinty. things are as calm as ever. halloween was great, i love all of the day of the dead celebrations that went on in the street. i dont care for eathier side of the coin right or left. i think its a joke of a way to polorize people. however i have a feeling if # gose down that the commuinty i live it will police them selves.....out of all the houses on my street its all big working class spanish families who have a great rleationship with each other. to the point where they even make the weirdo punk kids living at the begining of the block apart of the commuinty. i love it here. im not denying that this is a very crazy year. but i think everyone if hyping it up in there heads and causing others to become all keyed up. im prepared to defend my self but take it easy guys. its not the end of the world................

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Upthepunx

No one is saying it's the end of the world, and no one is hyping. This is a thread to discuss basic steps to be prepared in case things do go south in your area.

And I agree with you...working class communities WILL come together to take care of each other. That I firmly believe.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I don't know if anything will happen but everyone needs to be aware of MOB MENTALITY. Lots of dumb people like to watch whenever something happens, and it really doesn't take much to get a whole group going. It's been proven that individuals who would not start violence themselves can get caught up in things and be easily persuaded into participating in things they wouldn't normally do. Take a look at riots that have broken out on college campuses just because the schools decided to implement a dry campus policy. Fires, vandalism, even overturning cars just because they can't have a kegger at the frat house. It's sad to say but people are amused by these kinds of spectacles.

Not long ago there was a high speed chase in Los Angeles where people were crowding the streets hoping the car would come their way because the suspects were tossing money out of the car windows at people. When the car finally stopped and police moved in to arrest, a good size crowd converged on them immediately! People were standing right next to the cars and the officers. When The officers tried to get the crowd to move no one was listening. Finally they were able to get things controlled and were lucky it didn't really pop off. It could have easily turned nasty quick. Take a look at all the problems at the Occupy events, especially Oakland.

The point I'm trying to make is that different people have different motivations but in large crowds things can get out of hand without really a whole lot of reason. People love a good spectacle and want to be witness to the action. Everybody and their mama has a camera phone and want to record funny things for YT or friends or to capture some police brutality. Tensions are high on all front these days with the economy and jobs, etc. some may be looking for a reason to pop off and others may not feel it until they're in the moment.

I just hope people can tap into whatever little common sense they have left and stay away from any incidents that may flare up. There's a time, place and procedure for protesting and expressing feelings. Setting fires, vandaliism, and looting is not it and it ends up only hurting your local community. Who WANTS their neighborhood to look like a war zone???

Also I hope if anything does start that members will post on ATS. There's been many instances where we got great info way before it was on MSM. It's nice if the member can include radio channels for police etc so others can tune in. There's good apps out so you can listen to anywhere I got one for free.

Alright that does it for me. Again I hope nothing crazy happens but never the less good thread!
edit on 4-11-2012 by SilverStarGazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

I used to enjoy listening to police radio.

Most of the police have migrated to 800 Mhz digital radio so special equipment is needed to receive it. The new scanners can decode it but they are expensive.

Scanners at the toy store

Make sure if you order one it has the features you need,

THis one is easy to program. Just tell it where you are and it sets it self up automatically.

Uniden Homepatrol Link

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join