It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion - Free Will and Responsibility of Women, NOT Mankind

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GideonFaith

Originally posted by Annee

I will rephrase it then. Since you had so many bad things happen to you in your life, rape, abortion, etc; do you wish your mom would of aborted you knowing what you know now?

It doesn't seem relevant.

My life is my experiences.

Just what I thought, can't answer it. Too many aborted babies don't even get the chance to answer if they wanted to live.

They are not babies.

They are nothing - - therefore they have no thought on the subject.

OK - - I'M DONE.

I don't normally get into these type of exchanges.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Its 11:11 - - - I gotta go to bed now.

I did not call you stupid.

Yeah you did and I hope you have nightmares of aborted babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said "Let's not be stupid".

In other words - - - don't make unnecessary antagonistic comments - - like the one you just did.

I thought you went to bed. Couldn't sleep? Something troubling you?

You can tell yourself that all night long or until the day you die, but you and I both know that is a lie!! Since you want to lie and I said don't tread on me, you are still lying. You only got back what you gave!!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I will rephrase it then. Since you had so many bad things happen to you in your life, rape, abortion, etc; do you wish your mom would of aborted you knowing what you know now?

It doesn't seem relevant.

My life is my experiences.

Just what I thought, can't answer it. Too many aborted babies don't even get the chance to answer if they wanted to live.

They are not babies.

They are nothing - - therefore they have no thought on the subject.

OK - - I'M DONE.

I don't normally get into these type of exchanges.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

They are babies and they are something. That something is human beings. You have your beliefs and I have mine. I'm past glad your done! I usually avoid hostile confrontations. Debating is one thing, name calling is another matter.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith

It is not a baby or infant until birth.

Biologically and medically they are fetuses while still in the womb.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog

Baby, infant or fetuses; they are still human life.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

So when its yanked out of the womb, then killed... is it a dead baby or a dead fetus?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This argument is never going to be won on either side. It comes from deep within your core as a person as to what you "know" regarding life. For me personally, I "know" life begins at conception. The mother has a beautiful and special responsibility to support this new life stream that has started whether its arrival is timely for her or not. Some step up to the plate and have what it takes to accept that responsibility and some do not. If they choose not to, they live and die with that choice.

edit on 11-11-2012 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

As a matter of fact I do. You're exploiting their choice to justify yours. A woman who was raped and had an abortion is in no way equal to a woman who willingly slept with 10 guys and had an abortion.

The comparison is insulting to say the least.

I was raped by an ex-boyfriend. I did not become pregnant from that.

I don't see the difference.

First, I'm sorry you went through that.

Second, don't expect anymore sympathy from me.

By putting your abortion in the same category as a rape victim's abortion, you're putting me in the same category as a rapist.
And I can assure you that I am no rapist.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Seems to be human nature to dehumanize these days. Not a baby, it's a fetus. Not dead people, collateral damage. Etc etc.
edit on Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:44:59 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Seems to be human nature to dehumanize these days. Not a baby, it's a fetus. Not dead people, collateral damage. Etc etc.
edit on Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:44:59 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

I will never understand what people are thinking. Life is life, whether it's from the day of conception, birth, child, teenager, adult and until death. It is precious and should be treated as so.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Whatever.

Every woman that you know who used an IUD, The Pill or Norplant for contraception is guilty of having an abortion. They are no more or less guilty than the woman who takes the Morning After Pill or has an abortion through a medical procedure.

Take it up with the AMA if you are seeking better solutions.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If you're going to be very black-or-white about abortion then no one has a right to remove cancer from the body. Cancer is alive, it just has no awareness. You're a murderer for ending a life that didn't even know what it was doing was bad.

What about some of the states that have put into laws that life starts before conception with eggs or sperms. Should we start arresting everyone who is menstruating? Men who masturbate? Those are potential lives you are destroying right there.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If you're going to be very black-or-white about abortion then no one has a right to remove cancer from the body. Cancer is alive, it just has no awareness. You're a murderer for ending a life that didn't even know what it was doing was bad.

You're really grasping at straws now.

That's not even worthy of a response.

What about some of the states that have put into laws that life starts before conception with eggs or sperms. Should we start arresting everyone who is menstruating? Men who masturbate? Those are potential lives you are destroying right there.

How many times do you guys need to have the concept of conception explained to you?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
This argument is never going to be won on either side.

You might want to stick around...

I'm just getting warmed up.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by TKDRL

Whatever.

Every woman that you know who used an IUD, The Pill or Norplant for contraception is guilty of having an abortion. They are no more or less guilty than the woman who takes the Morning After Pill or has an abortion through a medical procedure.

Take it up with the AMA if you are seeking better solutions.

What a load of horsesh*t. To conscientiously choose to rip a life out of the womb after it has taken hold is no where near using the pill or an IUD.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

About cancer, it has nothing to do with abortion. Aborting a baby/fetus is not the same as cancer. A baby/fetus can live outside of the womb at 9 months, which means the mother is making life from her life. Cancer can not make new life that can be sustained outside the body. Therefore cancer makes no sense in this forum on abortion.

In case you didn't read it before, I believe life begins at conception.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

How many times do you guys need to have the concept of conception explained to you?

Conception is when the sperm fertilizes the egg. That doesn't 100% mean a future baby because it only becomes viable once implanted on the uterine walls.

When you have a fertilized chicken egg do you call it a chicken already? Or do you call it an embryo or fetus inside of the egg? When an apple tree is pollinated do you automatically call them apples or just blossoms?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Really? What's the difference in consciously deciding to make the womb a hostile environment for the fertilized egg, or medically removing it from the uterine sidewall? Is it more human once it attaches?

Double standard much?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Conception is when the sperm fertilizes the egg. That doesn't 100% mean a future baby because it only becomes viable once implanted on the uterine walls.

When you have a fertilized chicken egg do you call it a chicken already? Or do you call it an embryo or fetus inside of the egg? When an apple tree is pollinated do you automatically call them apples or just blossoms?

During all but one of my children's pregnancies, I would sing songs and read books to them. I can tell you from my own experience that those babies did backflips to the sound of my voice. Chicken eggs don't do that, neither do apples, nor parasites, nor mindless clumps of cells.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Conception is when the sperm fertilizes the egg. That doesn't 100% mean a future baby because it only becomes viable once implanted on the uterine wall.

So now you're judge, jury, and fortune teller? Lottery numbers please.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join