It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion - Free Will and Responsibility of Women, NOT Mankind

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Do you know about the Abortion Ship?

This is the length women will go to - - - to have the rights to their own body.

Women DO NOT want anyone else legislating their body and reproduction rights.

When the Women on Waves ship visits your country, you can make an appointment with us by telephone, email or by visiting the ship. We will inform you about when and where to board the ship. You will be treated according to Dutch professional medical standards, which include full confidentiality about counseling and/or treatment.

Here you can read more about counseling, the treatment and what to expect afterwards. Although abortion is illegal in your country, Women on Waves can help you in a legal and safe way. Dutch law applies on board a Dutch ship once it is outside territorial waters. We have permission to give you the abortion pill if you have missed your period for 16 days.

www.womenonwaves.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Split, I enjoy reading many of your post and agree with you on many of them.
Not this one however.
A human life begins a conaeption. This human life will grow and change throughout it's life span until it dies. When a woman chooses to have an abortion she removes that life.
This has nothing to do with being sentinent, self aware or when the soul enters the body.
When sperm meets egg a human life is formed. It begins to grow and continues to do so long after birth.
Quad

Life actually is present BEFORE conception as a Sperm and Egg Cells are both alive and are two independent life forms unto themselves. I personally find abortion distasteful but it is not my or anyone other than the Pregnant Woman's Business upon what she does with her own body of what may be growing inside it.

No one should have any rights except the would be Mother. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith

Actually as I have said...Life is present before an Egg Cell is either fertilized or implanted in the uterine wall. Human Sperm and Egg Cells are independent Life Forms unto themselves. Still...a bunch of dividing cells implanted in the uterine wall is not yet SENTIENT.

As I have also said...if Plan B and the Morning After Pill were made easy for any Female to get...then I believe the vast number of abortions could be cut dramatically. Education of Contraception should be given at 5th Grade Levels. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Quadrivium

A fertilized egg may be a human life form, but it's hardly a human being or a person. Nor is it the beginning of life, as both the sperm and the ovum are alive and are human.

You're letting terminology get in the way of common sense. Yes, sperm is human life. Yes, the ovum is human life, but a fertilized egg is A human life.

DNA tests on all 3 can prove it if you like.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

And that's exactly the kind of lengths they SHOULD have to go to - - - to kill their babies.

Tell me...

Did any of these women return home and find themselves charged with murder?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by Annee

And that's exactly the kind of lengths they SHOULD have to go to - - - to kill their babies.

Tell me...

Did any of these women return home and find themselves charged with murder?

I suppose then women who die in motel rooms and back alleys with unbent hangers between their legs deserve it, eh? I mean, if they want an abortion that bad they might as well die for it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Even if you say that a fertilized egg or a fetus has the right to life, that right doesn't trump the right of the mother not to care for it. Slavery is illegal and t is also illegal to force someone to donate organs or blood, so why would it even be considered that we should force a woman to rent out her body for 9 months?

You enter into that contract the moment you LET sperm enter your love canal.

You may want your kids to come up in a world where sex has no consequences, but I sure don't.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Even if you say that a fertilized egg or a fetus has the right to life, that right doesn't trump the right of the mother not to care for it. Slavery is illegal and t is also illegal to force someone to donate organs or blood, so why would it even be considered that we should force a woman to rent out her body for 9 months?

You may want your kids to come up in a world where sex has no consequences, but I sure don't.

I think we both want our children to grow up in a world where sex has consequences for both parties and not solely on the shoulders of women which we are seeing in this thread and real life.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog

I suppose then women who die in motel rooms and back alleys with unbent hangers between their legs deserve it, eh? I mean, if they want an abortion that bad they might as well die for it.

Sadly, yes. The practice requires a death either way. I'd rather see that death applied to the one that chose rather than the one who couldn't.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

So then you must've applauded the hospital for this.

Should we also perform a genetic comparison to the fetus and then go kill the father too? He is just as responsible.

link   

I think we both want our children to grow up in a world where sex has consequences for both parties and not solely on the shoulders of women which we are seeing in this thread and real life.

On that we agree 100%.

link   
my wife lost our first child due to uncontrollable invitro complications, our second child was a boy who now is 25 years old and doing great. to this day, (she is 59 years old), she still sometime crys because of what happened...if any knuckle-dragging, slopped-headed, neanderthal man thinks it is "easy" on a woman to abort. you are just plain stupid.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

And yet you are okay with a woman dying because it isn't equal today and it wasn't equal in the decades before when it was occurring (back alley abortions)
edit on 11/15/2012 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Sadly, yes. The practice requires a death either way. I'd rather see that death applied to the one that chose rather than the one who couldn't.

WOW! Please, no, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Actually, they both die, in the above scenario. But, that doesn't really matter, does it. She deserves the death penalty, period!

Biology is GOD!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I disagree split.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

I don't even have to look at the link to know what you're referring to. And no, I don't applaud the hospital. That was a tragedy.

Should we also perform a genetic comparison to the fetus and then go kill the father too? He is just as responsible.

That's just silly, but genetic comparisons between fetuses and fathers is something I would whole-heartedly support.

But why aren't we doing that now?

Because that would give the father RIGHTS now wouldn't it?

edit on 15-11-2012 by Bone75 because: somehow erased the first sentence. no disrespect intended.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Bone75 because: oops again. I think its fixed

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Hmmm.... If I am not mistaken the death penalty is still in affect in many places.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

I don't even have to look at the link to know what you're referring to. And no, I don't applaud the hospital. That was a tragedy.

That's just silly, but genetic comparisons between fetuses and fathers is something I would whole-heartedly support.

But why aren't we doing that now?

Because that would give the father RIGHTS now wouldn't it?

Why is it silly? You just said it should be equal a couple of posts ago. Why should only the woman die if both parties are responsible? Once again, consequences are only placed on women because they are the ones who become pregnant.

Why isn't it being done? Let's go ask the law makers and people in charge. Oh wait, they are men. They said they still want to be able to have sex with all the women and that's where their involvement ends.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Hmmm.... If I am not mistaken the death penalty is still in affect in many places.

Fine. As long as the fathers' are killed too. Once we get rid of all the loose people in the world we'll never ever have to worry about abortion again.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

As I said before, most of us learn sex ed at an early age. So from an early age the woman knows what her role is. It's not like she should be surprised if she gets pregnant. It is called Biology. Time to grow up and take responsibility for your actions instead of killing someone for a bad decision.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join