It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion - Free Will and Responsibility of Women, NOT Mankind

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by GideonFaith

You were complaining about anybody who comments on your post about it being your right to think this way or that. We all seem to know that, you just don't want anyone to comment on your post, unless they believe like you do.

I'm not playing this game.

Why not? Is it because I don't believe like you?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by windword
You and I have nothing more to discuss here. We will just have to agree to disagree.

If you turn on a light...

the roaches will scatter.

-Bone

Love the quote!
I may have to borrow that one!
Way to go Bone!!!!!

It's hardly original.

When I turned the bathroom light on in the house if lived in as a kid - - - the big black water bugs scattered.

It was a major triumph when I was big enough to turn the light on while standing on the toilet seat - - so they didn't crawl across my toes.

You act like you are the only person on this Earth who has had a rough upbringing. Get real! Did you wish you mom would of aborted you since your childhood was rough? Once you think about that, ask yourself how many aborted babies wish they could of had a life like yours, rough or not.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Why should it matter to you what we are doing here on Earth anyway, aren't you standing on the moon?

Standing on the moon refers to the perspective of seeing the entire earth as a whole.

You know - - - remember those Children in Africa. Children of the earth. All LIVING CHILDREN.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Right!

Not to mention that reporting the rape may lead to retaliation and/or to a humiliating public trial that may well rip her reputation to shreds.

Before I make my next point, I need to know if you are a rape victim who had an abortion because of it. I asked this question of someone earlier in the thread, but I haven't seen them since.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

You act like you are the only person on this Earth who has had a rough upbringing. Get real! Did you wish you mom would of aborted you since your childhood was rough? Once you think about that, ask yourself how many aborted babies wish they could of had a life like yours, rough or not.

I didn't have a rough upbringing. I had a great time as a child.

My mom believed in being free and expressing yourself.

Now - - if she'd made a big deal out of materialism and society restrictions - - - etc. I might not have had a great time as a child.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Plenty of women die or are otherwise left with heart problems, kidney problems, varicose veins. Not to mention the heartburn, bloating, swollen ankles, backaches, nausea, migraine headaches, moodswings, etc, etc. etc. that accompany a normal, healthy pregnancy.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Very rare that an unborn baby harms its mother. A baby has all the advantages available to you and I. Parasite examples, ticks, fleas, tapeworms, leeches and lice.

I don't care.

A parasite is still a parasite. There is NOTHING in the definition that states it harms the host.

Our bodies are also covered with microscopic bugs that eat skin that flakes off. So what?

You know what, I do care.

You think a parasite = unborn baby. I think a unborn baby = unborn baby.

What does microscopic bugs eating my skin flakes have to do with abortions? Going off topic again.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

That is none of your business. Why do you need to know anyway? Do you need to tailor your posts differently for rape victims, as opposed to loose, empty headed, irresponsible baby killing, stupid women?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I didn't have a rough upbringing. I had a great time as a child.

My mom believed in being free and expressing yourself.

Now - - if she'd made a big deal out of materialism and society restrictions - - - etc. I might not have had a great time as a child.

Posted earlier by Annee

My dad split after my mom became paralyzed from polio - - - with 3 kids under 7.

My kids dad was jealous of them and my time being a mom to them - - - and they were his kids.

My oldest grandson's dad chose drugs over him - - - he is the most awesome kid ever.

My other grandson's dad died of Cancer.

No - - I don't think irresponsible parent is hereditary.

edit on 9-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

When I turned the bathroom light on in the house if lived in as a kid - - - the big black water bugs scattered.

It was a major triumph when I was big enough to turn the light on while standing on the toilet seat - - so they didn't crawl across my toes.

This is just a small sample of your recent post about your childhood. Doesn't look all peachy to me. It seems to me it would of been tough.

Changing the subject on me? Not going to work. Has nothing to do with abortion.

You still didn't answer my questions. Why?
edit on 10-11-2012 by GideonFaith because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2012 by GideonFaith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

That is none of your business. Why do you need to know anyway? Do you need to tailor your posts differently for rape victims, as opposed to loose, empty headed, irresponsible baby killing, stupid women?

As a matter of fact I do. You're exploiting their choice to justify yours. A woman who was raped and had an abortion is in no way equal to a woman who willingly slept with 10 guys and had an abortion.

The comparison is insulting to say the least.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Uh Oh Annee, looks like you might want to get your story straight. It seems you may have split personalities or something.
How many childhoods did you have?????

edit on 10-11-2012 by Quadrivium because: spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Plenty of women die or are otherwise left with heart problems, kidney problems, varicose veins. Not to mention the heartburn, bloating, swollen ankles, backaches, nausea, migraine headaches, moodswings, etc, etc. etc. that accompany a normal, healthy pregnancy.

Yeah - I know that.

My kids step-mom became deaf from pregnancy.

I believe it is still the number one cause of death among women worldwide.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
reply to post by Annee

Uh Oh Annee, looks like you might want to get your story straight. It seems you may have split personalities or something.
How many childhoods did you have?????

Just one. All my stories have been straight forward.

My childhood was great because of my mom. She believed in the power of positive thinking.

It could have been negative by thinking negative.

One thing about having and old beat up house - - you can't really damage it. It was basically a play house.

OH - and we lived across the street from a grade school - - who's woman principal adopted us as the schools charity project. She made sure we had food - - clothes - - shoes etc.

Its all about perspective.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

As a matter of fact I do. You're exploiting their choice to justify yours. A woman who was raped and had an abortion is in no way equal to a woman who willingly slept with 10 guys and had an abortion.

I was raped by an ex-boyfriend. I did not become pregnant from that.

I don't see the difference.

It is no one's business how a woman became pregnant - - or why she chooses to abort that pregnancy.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

Yeah? And you will ask the rape victim what she was wearing? Did she partake in alcohol or other substances. Was she asking for it, did she like it?

Will you make her tell you all about it, step by step, over and over again?

A woman shouldn't have to submit to scrutiny as to whether or not she is worthy of an abortion, especially to people the likes of you.

edit on 10-11-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Here are your top 7 threats to women

Women's health: Preventing the top 7 threats The biggest threats to women's health are often preventable. Here's what you need to know to live a longer, healthier life. By Mayo Clinic staff Many of the leading threats to women's health can be prevented — if you know how. Consider this top seven list of women's health threats, compiled from statistics provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other leading organizations. Then get serious about reducing your risks.
www.mayoclinic.com...

Here is your number 1 killer of women

THE NUMBER ONE KILLER OF WOMEN REVEALED
www.oprah.com...

By the way, none are pregnancy.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I said I think. And I said world wide.

That would include underdeveloped 3rd world countries.

Let's get some facts.

UN estimates reveal fewer women dying from pregnancy-related causes, but 1,000 still die a day and more needs to be done to achieve set targets

Maternal Deaths Worldwide Drop by a Third - 15 September 2010

GENEVA — The number of women dying due to complications during pregnancy and childbirth has decreased by 34 per cent from an estimated 546,000 in 1990 to 358,000 in 2008, according to a new report, "Trends in Maternal Mortality", released by the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and the World Bank.

The progress is notable, but the annual rate of decline is less than half of what is needed to achieve the Millennium Development Goal (MDG) target of reducing the maternal mortality ratio by 75 per cent between 1990 and 2015. This will require an annual decline of 5.5 per cent. The 34 per cent decline since 1990 translates into an average annual decline of just 2.3 per cent.

"The global reduction in maternal death rates is encouraging news," says Dr. Margaret Chan, the Director-General of WHO. "Countries where women are facing a high risk of death during pregnancy or childbirth are taking measures that are proving effective; they are training more midwives, and strengthening hospitals and health centres to assist pregnant women. No woman should die due to inadequate access to family planning and to pregnancy and delivery care."

www.unfpa.org...

edit on 11-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I said I think. And I said world wide.

That would include underdeveloped 3rd world countries.

Let's get some facts.

UN estimates reveal fewer women dying from pregnancy-related causes, but 1,000 still die a day and more needs to be done to achieve set targets

Maternal Deaths Worldwide Drop by a Third - 15 September 2010

GENEVA — The number of women dying due to complications during pregnancy and childbirth has decreased by 34 per cent from an estimated 546,000 in 1990 to 358,000 in 2008, according to a new report, "Trends in Maternal Mortality", released by the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and the World Bank.

The progress is notable, but the annual rate of decline is less than half of what is needed to achieve the Millennium Development Goal (MDG) target of reducing the maternal mortality ratio by 75 per cent between 1990 and 2015. This will require an annual decline of 5.5 per cent. The 34 per cent decline since 1990 translates into an average annual decline of just 2.3 per cent.

"The global reduction in maternal death rates is encouraging news," says Dr. Margaret Chan, the Director-General of WHO. "Countries where women are facing a high risk of death during pregnancy or childbirth are taking measures that are proving effective; they are training more midwives, and strengthening hospitals and health centres to assist pregnant women. No woman should die due to inadequate access to family planning and to pregnancy and delivery care."

Pregnant women still die from four major causes: severe bleeding after childbirth, infections, hypertensive disorders and unsafe abortion. Every day, about 1000 women died due to these complications in 2008. Out of the 1,000, 570 lived in sub-Saharan Africa, 300 in South Asia and five in high-income countries. The risk of a woman in a developing country dying from a pregnancy-related cause during her lifetime is about 36 times higher compared to a woman living in a developed country.

"To achieve our global goal of improving maternal health and to save women's lives, we need to do more to reach those who are most at risk," says Anthony Lake, Executive Director of UNICEF. "That means reaching women in rural areas and poorer households, women from ethnic minorities and indigenous groups, and women living with HIV and in conflict zones."

www.unfpa.org...

That's a lot of facts, I hope you don't get a warning for it.

I didn't see the worldwide part, but I now have the leading killer worldwide of women.

AIDS is number one killer worldwide
www.wsws.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I didn't see the worldwide part, but I now have the leading killer worldwide of women.

AIDS is number one killer worldwide

www.wsws.org...

OK

Some areas believe if you have sex with a virgin it will cure AIDS. So lots of rape going on. Pregnancies that should be aborted.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

That's a lot of facts, I hope you don't get a warning for it.

I try to stay under 1//3 of a one page article.

It might be a little over. If I'm over I deserve a warning.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join