It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion - Free Will and Responsibility of Women, NOT Mankind

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonFaith

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by windword
You and I have nothing more to discuss here. We will just have to agree to disagree.

If you turn on a light...

the roaches will scatter.

-Bone

Love the quote!
I may have to borrow that one!
Way to go Bone!!!!!

It's hardly original.

When I turned the bathroom light on in the house if lived in as a kid - - - the big black water bugs scattered.

It was a major triumph when I was big enough to turn the light on while standing on the toilet seat - - so they didn't crawl across my toes.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith

Love the quote! I may have to borrow that one! Way to go Bone!!!!!

Is that the way you win debates? Take the most unreasonable, misogynistic and sadistic road, insult and demean your opposition, and when they admit that there is no common ground, and no reasonable conversation to be had, you jump up and down, as if you are victorious in your logic?

Last man standing in an ignorant argument is arguably the most ignorant.

Contraception that causes abortions and abortions, are here to stay, fortunately!

Annee,

I agree with you. There is nothing more wicked than an unholy alliance of an uninvited life form, living in you and off of you. It is an unwanted and uninvited parasite.

Human life is not so endangered, rare or sacred that we have to force women to breed. The only agenda of the phony pro-lifers here is the abuse and oppression of women. If they really cared about life, they would care about the living.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Annee

You are right, I do not like that word, when we are talking about a child. Sad state of the world, when people can call a child a parasite. Wow. Makes me sad as hell.

TKDRL, she told me the same thing. She doesn't get it!

I get it just fine. You don't because you think everyone should think/believe as you do. Well you're wrong.

No way do I need to or have to think as you do. Or agree with your base thinking in anyway.

I am completely capable of thinking on my own. Whether you like it or not.

Annee, you are so funny! I never said I wanted you to think like me or for that matter even like me.

I wouldn't say I dislike you - - - - I've met many like you in my 66 years.

What matters is how anti-abortionists affect the rights and choices of those who think/believe differently - - who have the right to think and believe differently.

You can think what ever you want - - - don't legislate me.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Annee,

I agree with you. There is nothing more wicked than an unholy alliance of an uninvited life form, living in you and off of you. It is an unwanted and uninvited parasite.

Human life is not so endangered, rare or sacred that we have to force women to breed. The only agenda of the phony pro-lifers here is the abuse and oppression of women. If they really cared about life, they would care about the living.

Excellent!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Is that the way you win debates? Take the most unreasonable, misogynistic and sadistic road, insult and demean your opposition, and when they admit that there is no common ground, and no reasonable conversation to be had, you jump up and down, as if you are victorious in your logic?

Contraception that causes abortions and abortions, are here to stay, fortunately!

Annee,

I won a debate??!!?!?!? Really, when?

So human life is ignorant? Then that means you are also speaking of yourself. Since you were also in the "ignorant argument." That would mean that everyone who has posted on the thread is also ignorant!! Wow, that was a BOLD statement. I am glad you said it and not me!!!

You stick you tongue out when you are speaking of contraception causing abortions. Why does that not surprise me? Oh yeah, because you think aborting babies, oh excuse me, parasites (your word) is wonderful!

The solution to not having human life or parasites (your word) growing inside of you is abstinence.

Human life is sacred. Who is forcing women to breed? Do you have them tied up somewhere in your house? Forcing them to procreate?? How nasty!

I do care about human life. That includes from day one of conception till the day they grow old and die naturally, not forced or aborted.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

But you could kill a child

It is not a child. It is not even a human.

It is a parasite. And I'm sure you don't like that word - - - but that is what it is. Something that exists only by living off a host.

So you're referring to your daughters as former parasites? And you wonder why I want to take away your right to choose.

PARASITE: Biology: An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Human life is sacred.

Sacred to what?

This third rock from the sun - - - can't exist without you?

It can't live without you feeding off it?

It would probably be a whole lot healthier without any humans.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Reply to Annee

What matters is how anti-abortionists affect the rights and choices of those who think/believe differently - - who have the right to think and believe differently.

You can think however you want. When you post it in a thread, its then up for debate. Whether you like it or not.

You can think what ever you want - - - don't legislate me.

Right back at you Annee!! Also remember, if you post it, it's open forum.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You can think however you want. When you post it in a thread, its then up for debate. Whether you like it or not.

NO! Really?

And I thought I was just here typing to have something for my fingers to do.

Yes. I've been doing this (forums) for 20 years.

Started with ICQ.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Annee,

I won a debate??!!?!?!? Really, when?

So human life is ignorant? Then that means you are also speaking of yourself. Since you were also in the "ignorant argument." That would mean that everyone who has posted on the thread is also ignorant!! Wow, that was a BOLD statement. I am glad you said it and not me!!!

You stick you tongue out when you are speaking of contraception causing abortions. Why does that not surprise me? Oh yeah, because you think aborting babies, oh excuse me, parasites (your word) is wonderful!

The solution to not having human life or parasites (your word) growing inside of you is abstinence.

Human life is sacred. Who is forcing women to breed? Do you have them tied up somewhere in your house? Forcing them to procreate?? How nasty!

I do care about human life. That includes from day one of conception till the day they grow old and die naturally, not forced or aborted.

This is the ignorant argument that I was referring to. This is the argument that ended with me being called a cockroach and you standing up and cheering.

Well I would say require a police report claiming rape, a life or death exemption from a doctor, or the father's signature in order to obtain an abortion, but how many women do you think would abuse that system as well?

And by the way, that's not my solution, it's my compromise.

Okay. So I see that you have no respect whatsoever for a woman's right to choose. She's too untrustworthy to make these decisions alone, and needs permission from some outside authority.

You and I have nothing more to discuss here. We will just have to agree to disagree.

If you turn on a light...

the roaches will scatter.

-Bone

Sit down! You are not being accused of winning any debate, so relax!

I actually find your arguments, at least in our previous conversations, to be quite sincere and grounded. I perceive you as being a pro-lifer that actually cares about the living too. Others in this thread are less open to discussion and are taking the argument off the deep end.

Forcing a women to bear her rapists child is slavery and forced breeding, plain and simple. although it may be practiced in 3rd world countries, it should never, never be considered here, in the USA.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It is a parasite. And I'm sure you don't like that word - - - but that is what it is. Something that exists only by living off a host.

So you're referring to your daughters as former parasites? And you wonder why I want to take away your right to choose.

PARASITE: Biology: An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.

Do I present myself as someone who needs to have the word parasite defined to them Annee?

I should respectfully bow out of this conversation because continuing this discussion with you would be equivalent to the Saints running up the score against the Bears last year. Some people might find it a bit distasteful.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

parasite Definition par·a·site [ párrə st ] par·a·sites Plural NOUN 1. organism living on another: a plant or animal that lives on or in another, usually larger, host organism in a way that harms or is of no advantage to the host
www.bing.com...

Very rare that an unborn baby harms its mother. A baby has all the advantages available to you and I. Parasite examples, ticks, fleas, tapeworms, leeches and lice.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Forcing a women to bear her rapists child is slavery and forced breeding, plain and simple. although it may be practiced in 3rd world countries, it should never, never be considered here, in the USA.

What hasn't been mentioned is - - - many women do not report rape because of the society stigma.

Women who become pregnant from rape - - should not have their privacy invaded. It is their right to abort the pregnancy and not inform anyone how they got pregnant.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

NO! Really?

And I thought I was just here typing to have something for my fingers to do.

Yes. I've been doing this (forums) for 20 years.

Started with ICQ.

Just checking! You were complaining about anybody who comments on your post about it being your right to think this way or that. We all seem to know that, you just don't want anyone to comment on your post, unless they believe like you do.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

You should go back and read my suggestion again. I offered a reasonable compromise that takes rape victims into consideration and you said we had nothing else to discuss.

And unless you have a serious medical condition that causes you to run from light, I didn't call you a cockroach.

It was a metaphor.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Right!

Not to mention that reporting the rape may lead to retaliation and/or to a humiliating public trial that may well rip her reputation to shreds.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Very rare that an unborn baby harms its mother. A baby has all the advantages available to you and I. Parasite examples, ticks, fleas, tapeworms, leeches and lice.

I don't care.

A parasite is still a parasite. There is NOTHING in the definition that states it harms the host.

Our bodies are also covered with microscopic bugs that eat skin that flakes off. So what?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You were complaining about anybody who comments on your post about it being your right to think this way or that. We all seem to know that, you just don't want anyone to comment on your post, unless they believe like you do.

I'm not playing this game.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Human life is sacred.

Sacred to what?

This third rock from the sun - - - can't exist without you?

It can't live without you feeding off it?

It would probably be a whole lot healthier without any humans.

It is sacred to a mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, sister, brother, I think you may get the idea.

What does the earth being the third rock from the sun have to do with abortions?

Why should it matter to you what we are doing here on Earth anyway, aren't you standing on the moon?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Right!

Not to mention that reporting the rape may lead to retaliation and/or to a humiliating public trial that may well rip her reputation to shreds.

Oh yeah!

It's unfortunate but much of society still blames the woman.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join