It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tasers 10-Year-Old Boy For Refusing to Clean Patrol Car

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is the kids side of the story, whats the police side of the story say.. ?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

How many times do we honestly hear of the hero officers in the news?

We hear about them when they happen. They don't happen that often because usually show up after the crime has been committed (not their fault, that's the nature of the job).

We hear about the hero officers that get killed in the line of duty. One that happened locally still gets publicity. It was a number of years ago, and he was shot by his partner accidentally, mistaking him for a criminal.

Here is something else to think about... We need to hear about the bad ones. We don't need to hear about the ones that are doing their job the right way.

Think about it, when do you see a news story about a postman that delivered your mail one day? We hear about postmen when they 'go postal' and shoot their co-workers.

edit on 31-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Originally posted by Believer101
One thing people have to remember about stories like this is that they're the only kind that get reported about. How many times do we honestly hear of the hero officers in the news?

Yeah, I wonder why the NEWS doesn't report a cop doing their job?

You beat me to it, and I completely agree.

But to counter Believer101's point, I do often hear stories of good things officers have done. It's just that when they are doing things such as wht is being discussed in this thread it certainly deserves more attention in my opinion.

I do like it when I hear of an officer going out of their way to make this world a better place as many of them do risk their lives in attempts to help us.

@ Believer101...I agreed with the rest of your post so please don't consider my nit picking of that part of your post as a cheap shot towards you.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Why? This wasn't a police action, this was CAREER DAY at the school! The cop wasn't there on official duty, and he was apparently horsing around with the kids, and he was the adult, and the kid is 10 years old.

There is no side of the story that can make this better.

Even if he says the kid suddenly produced a magic potion from his backpack, took it, grew fangs, and dove for the cops gun, he is still a 10 year old kid, less than 100lbs, at school, where is supposed to be, and the cop is still there as a guest, and he is the adult, with the training, and with the dangerous weapons on his belt, and he is supposed to be able to handle these situations.

There is no other side to a story like this one.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have an 11-year old son. If a cop ever tasered my child, I would be behind bars for the rest of my life.

Honestly.. I used to love cops. I wanted to be a cop. My father was a cop for 25 years. Some of my best friends are cops. But this nonsense that has been going on with police.. I can honestly say I have lost all trust for them. They seem to have a massive chip on their shoulders. As if they are the boss and whatever they say goes. Whatever they tell you to do, you do it or god help you.

"To Protect & Serve". Whatever happened to that. Today its "To Dominate & Control"

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

I have an 11-year old son. If a cop ever tasered my child, I would be behind bars for the rest of my life.

This is why we have to remain calm.
God knows that we feel like doing this, but you have to hold your temper, then sue the hell out of the cop and the municipality for kabillions of dollars.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I hope to never hear this from a police officer:

“‘Let me show you what happens to people who do not listen to the police.’”

Scary Stuff, there is historical precedent for where this kind of behaviour leads.

Earlier this month, two police officers in Texas tasered a man who was having a seizure, causing the 50-year-old to suffer a heart attack and permanent brain damage. The cops were so ill equipped to deal with the situation, that they broke out tasers and shocked a man who was already convulsing on the ground.

This incident and the one focused on in the OP are perpetuating the horrible image the police force is getting and i fear that in a time of crisis, when the police actually need us to do something for our own protection we will not listen, we could possible rebel and then all those bullets DHS bought will find new homes in the bodies of American citizens.

Not really. You have to remember that the left wants a national police force, and the left also wants us to also want a national police force. Using the whole "the people are revolting" plan to get it is way to risky,(because they could lose). Frankly spoken the actions of certain people have always erred on the side of caution in the first world(remember, Russia, the second world and the third world peoples are for testing new things).

No, more inept and corrupt people will be allowed to become LEO's, this will cause more instances of police brutality up until the point it becomes glaringly obvious that local and state LEO's are Public Enemy Number 1. Remember, legally the local police(mostly sheriffs) have the power to tell the Federal alphabet agencies to go stuff it. And we all know that the certain people out there are total control freaks.

So we will be forced into a position where we will be begging for relief. Then they will bring in the troops. Think of all the cases of soldiers "training" with local LEO's as this: LEO's are training their temporary future replacements, showing them to the local community(so people don't think it is too odd), and this is the really big one: becoming too friendly with the troops so as to lower their guard.

From a historical view point, I have never seen, read or heard about a bigger setup ever. Not only will the scapegoats be guilty of everything they are accused of(the perfect scapegoat), they are actually aiding the process along thinking the knife they are cheering about is aimed at everyone but them.

I do not know if I should laugh at America's LEO's or cry for them, and then for us. It truly is a sad state of things.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101
One thing people have to remember about stories like this is that they're the only kind that get reported about. How many times do we honestly hear of the hero officers in the news?

Yeah, I wonder why the NEWS doesn't report a cop doing their job?

Exactly why we need to get over all the cop bashing. I mean it's probably every 1000 cops doing their job to 1 cop giving them a bad rep. They are starting to stereotype cops all over the US. I had a friend post a message in FB yesterday how they passed a cop changing a tire for an elderly woman in the pouring rain. Did that make the news? Nope. But it's just like every job though...you are not going to get praised every time you do your job because you are paid to do your job but if you # up you bet you will hear about it.
edit on 31-10-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider

Why? This wasn't a police action, this was CAREER DAY at the school! The cop wasn't there on official duty, and he was apparently horsing around with the kids, and he was the adult, and the kid is 10 years old.

There is no side of the story that can make this better.

Even if he says the kid suddenly produced a magic potion from his backpack, took it, grew fangs, and dove for the cops gun, he is still a 10 year old kid, less than 100lbs, at school, where is supposed to be, and the cop is still there as a guest, and he is the adult, with the training, and with the dangerous weapons on his belt, and he is supposed to be able to handle these situations.

There is no other side to a story like this one.

Idk... I know some bigass 10 year old kids you would think they where 14-15. I just wanna know what the cops reason was. Maybe the kid did take potion, grow fangs n dove for the gun, I'd taze a kid too if that's the case... If i couldn't get to my gun first.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

'He didn't wanna clean my car, and didn't know his place as a civilian so I tasered the little bastid.

Oh and he had a gun'.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
then sue the hell out of the cop and the municipality for kabillions of dollars.

What does this help?

How does this teach the cops a leason?

To have the taxpayer pay for their stupidity?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Idk... I know some bigass 10 year old kids you would think they where 14-15. I just wanna know what the cops reason was. Maybe the kid did take potion, grow fangs n dove for the gun, I'd taze a kid too if that's the case... If i couldn't get to my gun first.

Wow, I'm almost speechless and that rarely happens.

I don't know you as a person, but judging by your post you lack compassion and rational thought.

If you couldn't get to your gun first?!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by dayve

Wow, I'm almost speechless and that rarely happens.

I don't know you as a person, but judging by your post you lack compassion and rational thought.

If you couldn't get to your gun first?!

Thats right... If someone drank potion grew fangs n dove after me yes I would shoot them/it.... Y take a chance?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Can't say I'd blame you, but then if he turns to dust and blows away in the wind, you'll never have any proof, or any chance to study the phenomenon. Better off to grab the little bugger by the hair and the crotch and stuff it in a burlap sack and take it to the lab. This way you avoid the short arms of the 10 year old, and the new fangs, and you stay out of trouble, and you have tangible evidence of your story.

I can't imagine a situation where I'd have to pull a gun on a 10 year old, and yes, I've seen some 10 year olds that were my size, but they don't have the mental maturity, or the experience, or the muscle and bone density that I have. I'm pretty sure I can defend myself 100% of the time against a 10 year old without resorting to a gun, or even a taser.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Lock the Officer up for 20 years to life. Let the prisoners judge him.

Maximum prison sentences for Police Officers who abuse their power.

NO TOLERANCE FOR ABUSE OF POWER!

LOCK EM UP FOR LIFE!
edit on 31-10-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
then sue the hell out of the cop and the municipality for kabillions of dollars.

What does this help?

How does this teach the cops a leason?

To have the taxpayer pay for their stupidity?

Here are the choices in this situation,

Beat the hell out of the cop and go to jail. Your kid doesn't have a dad around.
or
Sue the cop and the municipality. You can send your kid to a good college.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well,he is only doing things the way he was conditioned to...

When he was a kid,I guess he got his ass kicked for making a mess,and then he joined the military,which only reinforced his flawed conditioning.

There is no excuse.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
reply to post by dayve

Can't say I'd blame you, but then if he turns to dust and blows away in the wind, you'll never have any proof, or any chance to study the phenomenon. Better off to grab the little bugger by the hair and the crotch and stuff it in a burlap sack and take it to the lab. This way you avoid the short arms of the 10 year old, and the new fangs, and you stay out of trouble, and you have tangible evidence of your story.

I can't imagine a situation where I'd have to pull a gun on a 10 year old, and yes, I've seen some 10 year olds that were my size, but they don't have the mental maturity, or the experience, or the muscle and bone density that I have. I'm pretty sure I can defend myself 100% of the time against a 10 year old without resorting to a gun, or even a taser.

Besides that odd situation I wouldn't pull a gun on a 10 year old, unless I was being shot at or some other odd situation. I doubt this cop has any good excuse for tazing the kid , but it'd be interesting to hear his side of the story..

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
These Police Scum need the hammer nails and an iron treatment. Cant say any more as im sure a warning would follow!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Here are the choices in this situation,

Beat the hell out of the cop and go to jail. Your kid doesn't have a dad around.
or
Sue the cop and the municipality. You can send your kid to a good college.

That is what they want you to believe.

There is another choice. Beat the hell out of the cop, many times, randomly, at your own discretion, and don't get caught, and don't go to jail. Revenge is best served cold. You forgive the cop immediately, you realize it was an accident, and you realize he is just as torn up about it as anybody, and you thank the department for their concern, and then.... you wait. And then, you wait some more. And then you donate some money to the Policeman's Ball, and then eventually you drift apart, and then, some day 12-15 months from now, then you take your revenge, on your terms, and you don't go to jail!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join