It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster in Pennsylvania?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The power isn't out in that town

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
Believe me, the National Guard has High capacity diesel generators that can power there catastrophe's. As does State government. Once a problem arises, it will be dealt with.

You mean kinda like they did in Katrina? You mean dealt with in that way???

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
York, PA reporting in. We have some loss of power downtown where the grid is older, but for the most part we were spared. I personally didn't lost power at home or at work.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Originally posted by Plotus
Believe me, the National Guard has High capacity diesel generators that can power there catastrophe's. As does State government. Once a problem arises, it will be dealt with.

You mean kinda like they did in Katrina? You mean dealt with in that way???

LMAO FEMA to the rescue. Oh, and lest we forget, Black...um XE also.
Just like Katrina

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If they have Lloyds of London insuring the power infrastructure, England will end up paying to replace much of America's power infrastructure.

Going to be lots of jobs and a boost to the economy from that storm.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rufflen
York, PA reporting in. We have some loss of power downtown where the grid is older, but for the most part we were spared. I personally didn't lost power at home or at work.

York, PA here too.

Nothing more than a couple extra puddles, and few wind gusts last night.
I stayed up till 2:30am and nothing above the ordinary thunderstorm.

I was stocked and ready with everything, but..........

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
wilkes barre, pa (NEPA) here....was also all stocked and ready but all we got were some high winds and rain, nothing major IMO, and luckily no power outages.

sending good vibes to all that have been hit hard. stay safe!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I live in the bustling town of Clarion, Pa. Nothing really happens here except the state university. We were all hoping classes got cancelled. Nothing's happened yet, although last night power was going on and off around 11pm. There isn't a store within 50 miles that still had generators in stock, and a walmart in Greenville threatened to shut it's doors because people started fighting over bottled water, like a computer on black friday.

I'm just really hoping my classes get cancelled later. Then I can drink wine in my apartment with my roommate and play monopoly by candle light.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

I remember similar things happening when we had the big quake here in Japan. Food went pretty quick. Lucky for us the government was at least smart to impose an emergency commence ban on hoarding food. There was a huge list of items which were limited to two per person per purchase. It really did a lot of slow down food hoarding and allowed a lot of people to buy the food they needed. I know it sounds crazy to have the government imposing commerce bans in a time of crisis but it really did work out very well. If the J-gov had not done that there would have been a lot more people without food, water and other vital items. Several large supermarket chains were able to sell food in bulk to emergency relief groups so food could be put in the hands of people who needed it the most. Sadly, a lot of Americans would totally flip out if the US-gov did something similar.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

Stirring up panic is not the solution and I urge you to knock it off with your bragging because you WILL get sick of deer meat after it's all you have to eat.

C'mon ATS. I thought some of you would know better.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
In the Cleveland area of Ohio this morning the winds were so strong the snow was falling parallel to the ground. We've run all the way back Indiana, and we're still under a wind warning. They've reported non-thunderstorm gusts along Lake Michigan of 50+, and other inland areas are seeing 40+ gusts.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sitting here in Pittsburgh, everything canceled since yesterday...Waiting? Why were all the schools canceled for today, yesterday at 2pm? Why on earth has everyone's halloweeen for tomorrow been canceled since yesterday? IS THERE MORE TO COME?? Should i still be terrified?? ugh

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Before I reply to everyone I just figured that I'd tell everyone that I'm alright.

I woke up without power. There was a tree that fell on a power line somewhere by my house.

We were without power for about 10 hours.

I'll now reply to everyone I missed.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Pittsburgh is truly blessed when it comes to bad weather, if the rest of the country is in a drought, we are wet. Snowstorms, we get an indian summer. Our rivers and our hills do something to the weather flow, I believe. Of course, we do tend to over react to weather. An inch of snow will cancel school. Don't worry, Pittsburgh will be fine. And with what we were expecting, I guess, better safe than sorry.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
(bit OT)

This is not meant as bashing but in the US the infastructure is lacking like bridges, coastal defense, telephone and power lines (still above ground) and so on, this from my understanding it's because people in the US (at least that's what I understand), say it's not the job of the government. People themself or the states should do this (but they don't).
So in short times very high damages (in costs), lately almost each year a big hurricane with flooding and power outages and so on..

Time for change

edit on 30-10-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

No, every trailer says McLane with the 2 triangle logo's on them.

Let me be clear, I don't want you to think I was lying. I meant that my company is the largest, not my warehouse itself.

We make $28 billion a year and we've never laid off an employee. We've nearly doubled staff since day one and EVERY job in the building gets a dollar raise every six months. Some folk in my building make around $26.00 to do the same job others get paid $15.00 for, just for being loyal.

This is why I was "fear mongering." We move an average of 40,000 peices of freight a day and nearly half of it is Walmart. They've got without that for nearly a week.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The Jersey shore is a mess I am in Delaware County PA and the electric went out in many areas here for a dozen hours or so. The rain wasn't heavy here but it was constant and the ground was saturated the wind gust got pretty bad on occasion.

People had plenty of notice to be prepared if they weren't it is there problem. In our area the WAWA was open and did a good business lol ......people should have stocked up knowing it would take time for new deliveries.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Went without power for about 10 hours. I just prepared for a bit, got all my stuff in order and by time I got all ready for a long term outtage, it came back on. :/

Man, I thought I was gonna be a survivor of this epic storm, and it barely rained.

The wierd thing is, it went out AFTER all of the storm happened. My girlfriend woke up with power, told me 15 minutes later that it was calm and that she was happy we made it through the night and then it went out.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Glad you made it safe brother.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Oh, I wasn't trying to make it out to be real. I was just posting because another person wanted to see it.
edit on 30-10-2012 by johnwilkesbooth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join