It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster in Pennsylvania?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by morethanyou

HAHA. Star for you, because I spoke too soon. But, with Irene, we lost power for a week. We only lost it for 10 hours here, so I guess it right. I knew it wasn't going to be THAT bad, where I live. I cannot speak for others in NJ and NY.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

I'm just going by where I live man. It's not too bad where I am, in Pennsylvania.

I feel bad for those in NJ and NY.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Hey man, I'm not trying to spread panic. I hate fear mongerers. I'm just trying to spread the word. The conspiracy element though was that my girlfriends mom's job went without power within twenty four hours as mine did, in the same manner.

Two separate men fell asleep while driving and knocked out power, somehow, ONLY to the business and not to any residence.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

Yeah, I wasn't afraid about anything until I watched the news. I posted on here, calm as anything, all day. Then I watched the progress to see it and they just showed death and distruction and it did actually make me a little afraid.

They did their job well.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

My girlfriend was talking about that today actually, sir. We agreed that America only really does maintenance to the garbage safety that we have. When something happens, we just fix it. We don't say, "Oh s**t man....something went wrong, let's make it better." They never make anything better, they just fix it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I was part of that 4 million

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

Plenty of people have thought that, but I'm not really trying to spread fear. I'm just trying to make people aware.

I'm sure multibillion dollar profit corporations have back up plans, but I'm just trying to tell people that supplies might be limited for a while because we haven't done our jobs yet.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rufflen

Thanks for the report, mate

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

I didn't even hear thunder man. There was hardly any rain, it was all the wind damage. It cut a tree limb and it fell on the line.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Again, I'm not trying to stir up trouble. At that time I was just too proud and happy because I didn't have to work. My job never closes, so I was just so happy it effected my ego, so I do apologize.

I am trying to keep you all updated, as I now have power. But, I don't think it's going to get worse than it's been.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

No reason to be afraid, I'm sure the worst is over.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's scary how big this system is. We're well to the west of Chicago, and we're still just under the western edge of it. No effects from it, just cloud cover, but that will give you an idea of how large this system is.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It's two times the size of Irene and that storm knocked our power out for about a week. That's why I'm surprised that I only got the power out for 10 hours.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

An odd set of events, I talked to a friend of mine about that being the cause of most power outages anyway, either human error or human corruption. Funny you say that, odd thing I said now I read this, the planets are aligned!

But seriously it is something I think needs further investigation, these people or said area of outage has to be surveyed, hopefully someone gets something.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Also in reference to my other posts, I'm just saying New York and other low lying areas could use some hurricane barriers, It's proven to work and to me is laughable that a city as big as NY doesn't have one, or at least one sufficient enough... clearly.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The problem is that they get hit by so few storms, that no one wants to spend the money to buy them. People have the mentality that since it's such a rare event, they don't have to worry about it until it happens. Then they scream bloody murder demanding to know why no one installed things like barriers to protect them.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Great job OP! I just wanted to add though, just for some perspective, that the same Walmarts, Targets, etc in North Dakota in Williston and Minot are in the same condition, on a DAILY basis. Empty shelves are nothing new up here in oil country. And the prices? We pay 2-3x what you see in an average Walmart. A gallon of milk? 6+ bux. Water? IF you can get it, it goes at a premium too, as does everything else. It's pretty sad when JC Penney's is the cheapest store for durable goods such as clothing and bedding.
I do feel badly for you folks out there, but here we would call such a storm normal winter weather. Most folks are well prepared before winter ever hits, and that is to our advantage. When that storm passed thru here a few days ago, we got about 2" of snow and another 2" of ice, followed by another 2" of rain.
Hope you guys get things back up and running soon and that everyone stays safe and warm out there!!

SK

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Not only are the planets aligned but there is a full moon as well, just to up the ante a bit.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SweetKarma

We're okay now, I'm about to head off to work myself actually.

But, don't you guys have that law where it's illegal for stores to raise prices of goods because of the high demand. Say there's a storm coming, it's supposed to be illegal for a store to suddenly raise the prices of water, milk, bread, eggs, etc. just because they know people are going to be buying them.

I don't really know if it's a national law or a state law, that's why I'm asking.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
this whole thread is a lie. just looked up the info and make some calls. another star and flag whore here thats all

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join