It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster in Pennsylvania?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mythots

That is a pretty serious accusation. I think you need to add a bit more info and back up this claim.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

Planetary alignments don't have anything to do with tides or anything on earth. But the full moon is why the flooding was so bad.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I'm leaning towards Mythots opinion on this whole thread. First of all, mega retailers like Walmart have their own distribution, and I may be wrong but I think their distribution is even bigger than Mclane. Also a lot of manufactures provide their own distribution of goods, and then in the northeast you have grocery chains like stop n shop, Walbaums, King Kullen n so on that have their own distribution centers.

Also if you look at Mclanes web site theres no mention of them having a distribution center in "Union Dale" Pennsylvania.

In conclusion, I just saw a Walmart 18 wheeler yesterday on the highway by where I live, and I live in New York on Long Island. Also today my office got its usual water jug delivery from Poland Spring. The only shortage there may be in the near future is gas, because of flooded refineries in Jersey or what have you.
edit on 1-11-2012 by BigBossWorm because: spelling error

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBossWorm

Originally posted by johnwilkesbooth

Originally posted by Variable

Three big states rely on one distribution center in a tiny town for all their groceries and they don't have a backup generator? That doesn't sound like very good planning.

I did a quick google search for the company, then looked at their locations and i don't see one in PA at all?

McLane

There is one in NY and NJ though.

Google McLane PA. The first 4 links alone are McLane Distribution in Jessup, PA. I would know...I work there.

I don't worry about their planning since, I don't care about what they do; so long as they give me my check

Many people have asked me about the back-up generator, I don't know the specifics about the power outages. I've only been there since September 4th, so this is new to me. However, as I said, when I tried to go into the entrance, everyone on the exit route was flagging me to turn around.

I didn't ask questions, it was a free Monday off.

But yeah, not EVERY single store in the Tri-state area uses McLane, it's just the largest Dist. Center in the Continental US.

They mainly do Walmarts, Target, Kmart, Chuck-E-Chese, Sunoco, 7-11, A+ stations, Pilot Stations, Loves Stations, ANY local store that wants them, etc.

Not sure but, does that answer your question?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Thanks for that.

But for him to make such a claim as being the biggest distributor of goods is misleading. This distribution center isn't even half the size of other ones in the norhteast region, and it only delivers to NJ and Pa.

And I agree with part of the post you quoted; a distribution center of this size and no backup generators?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBossWorm

Actually Wal-Mart pulls product in from other DCs, to their DC, and then from there, to the store. I've pulled from a Tyson plant to a Wal-Mart DC, and now am pulling out of Oregon, heading to a DC on the East Coast for them. Their DC goes from there to each store in their area, but the products have to come from somewhere else. They're kind of a pain in the butt too.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join