It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster in Pennsylvania?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Suddenly all of these"preppers" don't look so crazy do they?
Sadly, this will pass with minimal damage and people will go back to the normal day to day routine, thinking that nothing bad can ever happen to them.

Bad stuff always happens to other people.
THey are usually brown and live in other countries.

Might be time to buy an extra pack of Ramen noodles and a few matches.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

We were looking for somewhere to shut down. The problem being that by the time we got to where the winds were so bad, it was at the point where all the solo trucks were shut down, and there was nowhere to stop. We finally found a Walmart that doesn't care as long as we're out on the edge of their lot. We went through several places to park, and they were stacked so bad that you could barely get through their parking lots.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

just getting back here, thank you very much.
not watching any msm coverage and cannot view video on this machine.
thanks again

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

thanks again and i saw the building facade, i'll try to find it again and link it here.
that one brought back some memories.
we had row-houses (kinda like condos down here) that were separated right down the middle of 6 floors (residential) and washed-away. quite a sight indeed.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

gotta scroll down to the photo cause i'm no good at embedding them.
facade collapse photo

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

sorry to burst your bubble BUT ... that shark pic is sooooooo photoshopped and has been proven as such ... just cause it's posted doesn't make it so

A+ for creativity tho

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Pittsburgh Update:

STILL raining! It's coming down steadily and getting a little harder here and there. The wind is slight.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I think they were warning people so there was no excuse what so ever not to be ready.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnwilkesbooth
reply to post by MDDoxs

That's exactly right, sir. They've gotten ridiculous. It's only supposed to rain from 1pm to 5pm today.

It's not going to be this giant storm they've described. They have all these people that don't know what they're talking about pumping you guys with misinformation.

I'll keep you guys posted from someone actually inside the storm...unless my wifi goes off -_-

Haha

Talk about eating your words and looking mighty silly as you much them down.

Nice call

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
boy alot of people are going to look really dumb come sunrise with the BS posted in here, this storm is infact very serious and very severe, you'll see i've been following all the emergency calls on twitter, this thing is bad. you'll see

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Within the last hour and a half we've seen the strongest wind gusts in this area of Ohio, at 46 mph or so. We've been sitting here for hours, and it won't let up. Got a little snow dumped on us, but the ground is too warm for it to accumulate, so it's already melted. It might freeze though but we'll see.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I live in Southeastern PA.

My power did not go off.

The winds here were not really that bad. I usually have a few small maple tree limbs in my back yard after a thunderstorm. This morning, nothing in my yard.

For me this storm did not live up to the hype.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Looks like a big disaster from 'skynews'... I don't think this is some kind of 'conspiracy' either.... it was a massive storm which couldn't be helped!!

Mother Nature is still too strong for us to cope with but we are making it worse by drilling, building and over-populating areas!! Homes have been flooded and some 50 or so fires were raging.... I also noted that Subways have been totally flooded!!
edit on 30-10-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Disaster... no. A bunch of idiots afraid of the end of the world? Yeah that pretty much sums it up. FYI it takes of to three weeks to starve, I'm sure there will be food on the shelves by then and o yeah if you didn't have some extra water laying around, you deserve whatever you get because that's commonsense 101.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

live in south east pa (kennett, chadds ford area) yes fear mongering is what the media does. Scare people half to death. I would hate to see what would happen if/when a real disaster hits. No bread or water in our stores. Lines?? wtf. It was like the end of the world is happening before our eyes.
The media thrives on this #e!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Also as in reference to my other post, I live on the cost of MA, New Bedford. This was supposed to be the worse area hit for around here, I got nothing but some sissy wind. It might also be because I have a hurricane barrier surrounding my area, why hasn't the rest of the US caught on to this idea. It's been there for a while.

cdn6.wn.com...

s3-media1.ak.yelpcdn.com...

www.emporis.com...

In the third picture the barrier extends off to the right to surround New Bedfords southern edge, Making it the largest of its kind in the world. Here's some more information: www.westislandweather.com...

Build more Hurricane barriers hear less complaining.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

I'd say this has been a pretty real disaster to the dead. Those poor people in the two medical centers that underwent or are STILL undergoing partial evacuations probably figure it's been pretty bad. 4+ million without power and a winter storm bearing down....means the death toll isn't over, either.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I think you have been sucked into the fear mongering. One dist plant for 3 states going down will not stop the flow of products. Walmart, target, supermarket all have backup plans and im sure things will return to normal by wed.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I can't speak for all of Pennsylvania, but nothing crazy happened in Lancaster (for me at least). My work closed early yesterday, so I went home, drank some merlot & watched x-files dvds. My power stayed on, water is working great, and the drive to work this morning was uneventful as the roads were all clear and hardly anyone was out & about.

For those not as lucky, please stay safe & warm!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Believe me, the National Guard has High capacity diesel generators that can power there catastrophe's. As does State government. Once a problem arises, it will be dealt with.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join