It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is HAARP feeding SANDY? (The Conspiracy Side)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wow! Are there still people who believe HAARP can modify weather, let alone cause it? I thought that belief died a natural death because people came to their common senses...obviously they haven't.

There is no accounting for the strange mindsets on display in a forum such this. The more outlandish and absurd the claim, the more people want it to be true, and try and force it to be true, quoting pseudo-science rhetoric and displaying out and out ignorance on the reality of what they claim.

An earlier poster destroyed his own claimings by stating that magnetism affects sea and ocean tides! How utterly ludicrous can you get!
The only thing the earth's magnetism interacts with is the solar wind from the sun, high energy particles streaming from our star. It's one of the reasons why we have aurora borealis, which is the celestial equivalent of a rainbow.

Hertz is merely a measuring designation of wavelength properties: amplitude and frequency, which are properties of radiating energy. Anything that consists of wave-like motion can have it's properties measured in Hz. A measurement in Hz of an electromagnetic wave, and one of an instance of an air wave, or even the instance of an ocean wave, simply means that the three very different and disparate mediums by which energy is propagating, does not infer at any time that the mediums are the same...they are not!

Alas, you simply cannot educate those that don't want to accept reality and the scientific understanding of it. Superstition, religious ignorance, conspiratorial paranoia and distrust, all drive the psychoses of the belligerently uneducated and modern-day troglodytes.

HAARP is simply used to measure a very small space of the ionosphere directly above the facility. The ionosphere is an area of electrons, and highly-charged particles, atoms and molecules just inside the magnetosphere surrounding our planet. It is there, acting like a shell due to ultraviolet radiation from the sun, and one particular beneficial property is the propagation of radio waves, but this does not mean radio waves that can be targeted or are steerable to a location on the otherside of the planet...the propagation is reflective, not focussed.

Let's state it plain and simple...man is not capable of controlling the weather, certainly not in real time. The weather is simply too large in scale, and is derived from so many incalculable variables, that we just do not have the computing or electric power to create so much as a wind fart. We might be able to 'seed' clouds, but we cannot control them, nor the downpour that might result from such seeding, and HAARP cannot be used to seed. HAARP cannot cause earthquakes, or cause volcanoes to erupt, tornados to spin, or even flush my toilet. It is used to send out a narrow beam of high energy to interact with the particles in the ionosphere above the facility in Gakoma, and a vast array of instruments record and measure the consequence of the interaction. The end result is to understand the natural energy interactions of our sun's solar wind on the ionsphere, and how it effects our radio waves, so that we can build better communications devices and instruments. That's it! There is no apocalyptic, doom-laden death ray machine behind it.

Please adjust your mindset accordingly for your own sanity, and that of other's despair. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

What more needs to be said.
A lot, apparently. Electromagnetism is not the same thing as electromagnetic radiation.

There you go again. Searching keywords. Without even a basic understanding it isn't going to help you. You have no understanding whatsoever. You think that sound is the same as electromagnetic radiation. You now think that electromagnetism is the same as electromagnetic radiation. You are going downhill fast.

edit on 10/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Now, granted.... this would take a massive amount of energy.... Such as multiple nuclear reactors....

And if they were SHIP mounted... that would be even better for delivering these electromagnetic "Ionospheric-ally reflected" effects around the world.

Wouldn't it be more efficient to use those ship based nuclear reactors to directly heat the water?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
d1027732.mydomainwebhost.com/articles/articles/eastlund_lecture.ppt

ARTIFICIAL GENERATION OF ACOUSTIC AND GRAVITATIONAL WAVES IN THE ATMOSPHERE

By
Dr. Bernard J. Eastlund
Eastlund Scientific Enterprises Corporation
Penn State Lehigh Campus
October 11, 2005

(...)

HAARP and Generation of Gravity Waves

-No Papers from the HAARP Research Have Directly Investigated the Generation of Gravitational Waves.

-However, the Present Power Level of 3.6 Megawatts CW, the Antenna is Broadcasting at a vertical flux level of 2.1 x 10-3 watts/m2 over a circle of radius about 30 km. This power level is comparable with levels considered significant by Gossard, 1962.

-Sofko and Huang have measured Gravity Wave Generation from Joule Heating associated with solar flare events in the polar regions. (Sofco and Huang, Geophysical Research Letters 27, No. 4 pp 485-488 February 15, 2000)

QUESTIONS

-What Are Optimum Source Functions For Artificial Generation of Gravitational Waves?

-Can Acoustic Waves Be Useful In Weather Modification?

-Can Gravity Waves Produced By Joule Heating with HAARP Propagate Into Mid-Latitude Regions?

-Can Artificially Produce Gravity Waves Be Produced In Modes That Can Amplify?

---By Matching Phase Velocity With Wind Velocity Such As In The Jet Stream?

(...)

www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/1962/JZ067i002p00745.shtml

JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH, VOL. 67, NO. 2, P. 745, 1962
doi:10.1029/JZ067i002p00745

Vertical flux of energy into the lower ionosphere from internal gravity waves generated in the troposphere

Earl E. Gossard
U.S. Navy Electronics Laboratory, San Diego, California

It has been suggested by C.O. Hines that internal atmospheric gravity waves may account for many of the irregularities observed in the lower ionosphere and that these waves may have their origin in the large energy regions of the lower troposphere. The problem of vertical energy flow in the gravity-wave range of the atmospheric spectrum is examined in the present paper. Observational data on tropospheric internal waves are used to compute the energy density spectra and the spectra of vertical energy flux. It is found that a window can exist at periods of about 10 minutes to 2 hours through which fairly large amounts of energy sometimes flow out of the troposphere. Observational data at D-layer and meteor heights are compared with observations of tropospheric internal waves.

Received 21 September 1961; .

Citation: Gossard, E. E. (1962), Vertical flux of energy into the lower ionosphere from internal gravity waves generated in the troposphere, J. Geophys. Res., 67(2), 745–757, doi:10.1029/JZ067i002p00745.

www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/2000/1999GL003692.shtml

GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH LETTERS, VOL. 27, NO. 4, P. 485, 2000
doi:10.1029/1999GL003692

SuperDARN observations of medium‐scale gravity wave pairs generated by Joule heating in the auroral zone

George J. Sofko
Institute of Space and Atmospheric Studies, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Chao‐Song Huang
Institute of Space and Atmospheric Studies, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

It is known that Joule heating caused by currents associated with enhanced electric fields in the auroral ionosphere can generate gravity waves. Some modeling studies found that each short‐lived (∼10 min) electric field enhancement in the ionosphere leads to the generation of a single gravity wave pulse. Observational evidence of such single wave pulses has been reported in the ground‐scatter echoes seen by the SuperDARN HF radars. In this paper, we present new SuperDARN observations which show that, under certain conditions, each electric field enhancement can generate a pair of gravity waves. On December 2, 1998, the IMF Bz had a perturbation with a period of ∼100 min and caused oscillations in the ionospheric electric field at the same period. Each positive or negative half‐cycle of the oscillating electric field gave rise to one Joule heating enhancement which, in turn, generated a pair of gravity waves (two wave pulses). Six successive gravity wave pairs were observed. We suggest that the reason for two gravity wave pulses was that the Joule heating events in the present case were of longer duration than those in the previous events. We also show that the periodic velocities seen in the far‐range ionospheric echoes are due to the direct auroral electric field modulation and not to indirect modulation caused by the equatorward‐moving gravity waves.

Received 7 October 1999; accepted 28 December 1999; .

Citation: Sofko, G. J. and C. Huang (2000), SuperDARN observations of medium‐scale gravity wave pairs generated by Joule heating in the auroral zone, Geophys. Res. Lett., 27(4), 485–488, doi:10.1029/1999GL003692.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
Wow! Are there still people who believe HAARP can modify weather, let alone cause it? I thought that belief died a natural death because people came to their common senses...obviously they haven't.

There is no accounting for the strange mindsets on display in a forum such this. The more outlandish and absurd the claim, the more people want it to be true, and try and force it to be true, quoting pseudo-science rhetoric and displaying out and out ignorance on the reality of what they claim.

An earlier poster destroyed his own claimings by stating that magnetism affects sea and ocean tides! How utterly ludicrous can you get!
The only thing the earth's magnetism interacts with is the solar wind from the sun, high energy particles streaming from our star. It's one of the reasons why we have aurora borealis, which is the celestial equivalent of a rainbow.

Hertz is merely a measuring designation of wavelength properties: amplitude and frequency, which are properties of radiating energy. Anything that consists of wave-like motion can have it's properties measured in Hz. A measurement in Hz of an electromagnetic wave, and one of an instance of an air wave, or even the instance of an ocean wave, simply means that the three very different and disparate mediums by which energy is propagating, does not infer at any time that the mediums are the same...they are not!

Alas, you simply cannot educate those that don't want to accept reality and the scientific understanding of it. Superstition, religious ignorance, conspiratorial paranoia and distrust, all drive the psychoses of the belligerently uneducated and modern-day troglodytes.

HAARP is simply used to measure a very small space of the ionosphere directly above the facility. The ionosphere is an area of electrons, and highly-charged particles, atoms and molecules just inside the magnetosphere surrounding our planet. It is there, acting like a shell due to ultraviolet radiation from the sun, and one particular beneficial property is the propagation of radio waves, but this does not mean radio waves that can be targeted or are steerable to a location on the otherside of the planet...the propagation is reflective, not focussed.

Let's state it plain and simple...man is not capable of controlling the weather, certainly not in real time. The weather is simply too large in scale, and is derived from so many incalculable variables, that we just do not have the computing or electric power to create so much as a wind fart. We might be able to 'seed' clouds, but we cannot control them, nor the downpour that might result from such seeding, and HAARP cannot be used to seed. HAARP cannot cause earthquakes, or cause volcanoes to erupt, tornados to spin, or even flush my toilet. It is used to send out a narrow beam of high energy to interact with the particles in the ionosphere above the facility in Gakoma, and a vast array of instruments record and measure the consequence of the interaction. The end result is to understand the natural energy interactions of our sun's solar wind on the ionsphere, and how it effects our radio waves, so that we can build better communications devices and instruments. That's it! There is no apocalyptic, doom-laden death ray machine behind it.

Please adjust your mindset accordingly for your own sanity, and that of other's despair. Thank you.

You need to come stronger than that, my friend. Your word means bunk around these parts of the woods. You gotta any scientific data, to back up your words of wisdom. We have instruments that will bring a man to his needs, and you tellin' me...HAARP is an innocent project for research purposes only? And then, you expect me to "deny ignorance" or "adjust my mindset...."?

Perhaps, yours needs to be adjusted. Apparently, you're still living in the days of horses and bayonets!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wujotvowujotvowujotvo

Yes. We know that HAARP affects the ionosphere. It's interesting to find that the lower atmosphere may affect the ionosphere.
Thank you. Did you have a point with posting that with no comment or explanation? What does it have to do with weather control besides speculation?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
As we all know, Hurricane Sandy has it's eye set on NY/NJ, beginning Monday night. My question: Is HAARP feeding Sandy the energy she needs, that will cause the "October Surprise" we've all been hearing about for the past few years??? October Surprise 1st Mention Alex Jones July 2010 Yes, I know it's Alex Jones...but it's the 1st time i can recall hearing the phrase "October Surprise."

High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program (H.A.A.R.P.)

HAARP will zap the upper atmosphere with a focused and steerable electromagnetic beam. It is an advanced model of an "ionospheric heater." (The ionosphere is the electrically-charged sphere surrounding Earth's upper atmosphere. It ranges between 40 to 60 miles above the surface of the Earth.)

Second concept: As Earth rotates, HAARP will slice across the geomagnetic flux, a donut-shaped spool of magnetic strings -- like longitude meridians on maps. HAARP may not 'cut' these strings in Gaia's magnetic mantle, but will pulse each thread with harsh, out-of-harmony high frequencies. These noisy impulses will vibrate geomagnetic flux lines, sending vibrations all through the geomagnetic web. " "The image comes to mind of a spider on its web. An insect lands, and the web's vibrations alert the spider to possible prey. HAARP will be a man-made microwave finger poking at the web, sending out confusing signals, if not tearing holes in the threads. " "Effects of this interference with symphonies of Gaia's geomagnetic harp are unknown, and I suspect barely thought of. Even if thought of, the intent (of HAARP) is to learn to exploit any effects, not to play in tune to global symphonies. "

How are Hurricanes Created?

The birth of a hurricane requires at least three conditions. First, the ocean waters must be warm enough at the surface to put enough heat and moisture into the overlying atmosphere to provide the potential fuel for the thermodynamic engine that a hurricane becomes. Second, atmospheric moisture from sea water evaporation must combine with that heat and energy to form the powerful engine needed to propel a hurricane. Third, a wind pattern must be near the ocean surface to spirals air inward. Bands of thunderstorms form, allowing the air to warm further and rise higher into the atmosphere. If the winds at these higher levels are relatively light, this structure can remain intact and grow stronger: the beginnings of a hurricane!

YOU DECIDE!
HAARP (10-26-12)

Hurricane Sandy "Live Tracker"

I've also been hearing chatter about this:
GERMANY TO REPATRIATE & AUDIT 150 TONS OF GOLD RESERVES FROM NY FED!!!
ATS Discussion
And this:Hurricane Sandy as the October election surprise
And now, a word from our sponsors:
Rahm Emanuel on the Opportunities of Crisis

Combine all that, with this....and i'd say "THE PERFECT STORM" indeed!!!

edit on 27-10-2012 by SpittinTruth because: Changed links to youtube vids

I was always a bit of undecided on Harp. Are you saying the white area, that is where the storm is pounding today, is the focus of Harp activity of the recent past? You can count on one thing, this storm is going to be bad and it's unusual characteristics, the most pressing being magnitude, could lend some credibility to this being Harp activity

I kinda look at Harp as a kind of denial of climate change by assigning atmospheric changes that are responsible for unusual weather to something easily fixed. Just turn the Harp switch. Much easier than giving up that energy rich activity we all enjoy.

Maybe Harp is the largest disinformation operation going. directing useless activity to an area preceding a predictable natural event, hoping to score a hit and get everybody talking. Take our mind off the real cause. One thing is for sure, this is one mighty big storm. and that white spot is dead on.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Wouldn't it be more efficient to use those ship based nuclear reactors to directly heat the water?

And put them directly in the path of a hurricane?

Edit: Or are you saying that they are using submarines as well?
edit on 29-10-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
First of all, let me say I've been reading ATS for ages now but just recently made an account since this is the first forum where I've seen people call for a poster's head when a Terms of Service rule is broken. Because of this, I've kinda hidden and have not interacted but I've got to stop being nervous at some point. Like my profile states, I'm sort of a fence sitter when it comes to conspiracies. One day I'll do so much research that I'd be willing to bet my life on one side and then the next, discover a tidbit of information which could convince me to fight against my previous conclusion to the death (I like to think of this more of keeping an open mind than wishy-washyness and a talent for always uncovering or linking new information rather than jumping the gun).

As far as HAARP is concerned, I don't believe we are told everything about its function any more than we're told any more than needed to satisfy oi polloi. Should there be any evidence of human planning behind hurricane Sandy, I am sure the date would have been chosen with care. I noticed just now that the moon is full and thought, "What a convenient night to stage a hurricane on a full moon when tides are already at their apex." I know it isn't much but in my experience, little bits and pieces like this can turn a related light-bulb on. I must say though HAARP looks like bull to me, I believe Sandy itself to be nothing more than a large overdue large hurricane to hit New England/NY/NJ. Keeping locked on ATS through the night however, some of your posts may change my mind. And since this is my first post and I have no future excuse for longwindedness, thanks to all on here for such insight and open-minded ears whether we agree or not. You're all part of the one thing that can change this world for the better so all my respect, best wishes, and thanks for thousands of hours of pondering...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

No.
Actually I'm saying your idea is pretty silly and btw, hurricanes are not steered by "paths" of water vapor. In the case of Sandy, it is being steered primarily by the strong high in the North Atlantic.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No.
Actually I'm saying your idea is pretty silly and btw, hurricanes are not steered by "paths" of water vapor.

Naturally, No.... they are steered by the natural patterns of wind in the troposphere.

However, artificially, a storm could be increased in magnitude, and its course altered by introducing increased thermal energy at specific points in it's path.

I grant you, the steering would not be.... a HUGE effect....

Maybe a few degrees per week... at best.

Oh, and... you know... just to be absolutely clear about this.... Storms ARE "Paths" of water vapour, meeting a temperature differential that alters the saturation point of water in the atmosphere, reducing the air's holding capacity for moisture.... and releasing the extra moisture as precipitation.

This effect is known as "Rain"

But i'm sure you already knew that... right?
edit on 29-10-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This is brand new material to ATS and as a consequence, to you.

The PowerPoint lecture at Penn State Lehigh Campus above has NEVER been posted and has precious information not widely circulated.

The 2 papers in that slide were considered critical by Eastlund for him to have cited them.

Eastlund died Dec 2007;

His last 2 years produced 3 parts of information that are difficult to deal with.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Why are you ignoring that Eastland's patent is vastly larger than the current HAARP design?

That's like saying a 3 megawatt power station can do the same thing as a 50 megawatt power station.

Doesn't make sense!

You also still haven't shown Tesla's link to all this.

And also, why wasn't Eastlund involved in building HAARP?

He left APTI and started his own company, Eastlund Scientific Enterprises Corporation before the HAARP project started.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I really thought that your lightbulb had turned on. I simply cannot believe that your mind is apparently completely impenetrable to this information.

the only other solution is that you are a troll. either way,.....

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I offered the description you request on the page previous. it took me an hour to compose and from the looks of it (regarding the ops ability to acquire the new information), I should never have gotten involved.

save yourselves!!! jump this ship!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Naturally, No.... they are steered by the natural patterns of wind in the troposphere.

Then what was this about?

HAARP could be used to direct a concentration of several arrays of directed electromagnetic energy directly at the oceans surface in the "Path" that "They" want the hurricane to take.

I'm certainly no meteorologist but.....? And aren't areas of high and low pressure equally or more responsible for steering than wind?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Just had a browse and came across a website with very thought provoking images.

gothamist.com/2012/10/29/compare_satellite_images_of_sandy_a.php

I noted on the images of Sandy the telltale signs of HAARP. Should anyone feel inclined feel free to view the compared images of Sandy and Irene. The comparison is obvious and there are loads of images being placed on the internet of what is currently happening with regard to Sandy and the impact.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

I'm certainly no meteorologist but.....? And aren't areas of high and low pressure equally or more responsible for steering than wind?

These areas of high and low pressure occur almost everywhere, and all the time.

It is the moisture content in the air that we would normally classify as "Storms", but these are just the visible effects of the interactions of the pressure systems, because of the phase change of the water vapor within them.

For example, high and low pressure systems sweep across the united states on almost a weekly basis, however, unless there is significant water vapor present when the pressure front "Hits" there won't be any clouds, rain, storms, etcetera....

This is all a study of the phase change properties of water, and water vapor, as well as the latent energy of condendsation and vaporization of water in changing atmospheric pressures.

Basically, what I am saying, is that the "Storm" itself, is not actually the pressure front.... it is just a location WITHIN the pressure front that has lots of moisture in the air.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I started a thread here on ATS: Devatating Photos (Sandy's Path) See for yourself...what's going on in NY/NJ.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join