It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Gunman opens fire in chapel of Georgia megachurch; 1 person critically wounded

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The shooting broke out around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at World Changers Church International, led by televangelist Creflo Dollar. The victim was sent to South Fulton Hospital in critical condition but later died, according to police sources.

Police are looking for a black Subuaru in connection with the shooting. They identified 52-year-old Floyd Palmer as a suspect.

Local source

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here you go a former church employee...

Police have identified the suspect in the deadly shooting at World Changers International Church as 52-year-old Floyd Palmer, a former church employee. He remains on the loose, and is pictured in this photo.

FOX5

edit on 24-10-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
]

great and I live in Texas and i can tell you right now theres been at least 20 shootings related to cartels along the boarder in just the last week.......

Just because its not on the MSM doesnt mean it doesnt happen......

Again this has less to do with guns and more to do with the environment.....

Yes, and then you have the case just recently of this poor guy, who was killed by friendly fire:

www.cnn.com... a-border-violence/index.html

"While it is important to emphasize that the FBI's investigation is actively continuing, there are strong preliminary indications that the death of United States Border Patrol Agent Nicholas J. Ivie, 30, and the injury to a second agent was the result of an accidental shooting incident involving only the agents," James Turgal, special agent in charge of the FBI's Phoenix division, said in a statement.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Thanks for that. Hmmm, a former disgruntled church employee?

See, who would ever think such a thing from a church employee?

Yes, I know, there is a wide cross section of humanity, but not to be able to at least go to church, school, or even a spa?

Times are crazy!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
Here you go a former church employee...

Police have identified the suspect in the deadly shooting at World Changers International Church as 52-year-old Floyd Palmer, a former church employee. He remains on the loose, and is pictured in this photo.

FOX5

Thanks again...still no reason or why as to why a former church emplyee would do this.......
edit on 24-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Now that is a dam good question (the last one that is, forgot to quote it...). I just don't know. I would like to think not, but in that case her attackers appear to be much bigger/stronger nad would have more than likely disarmed her. Sheesh. Just plain scary times indeed.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I just found this link that others may find interesting in regards to Ministry violence statisics...

Source

You can see the detail list here:
Source

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
I just found this link that others may find interesting in regards to Ministry violence statisics...

Source

Wow, what an eye opener. Thanks so much for providing that, and who would even think to check, save for violence like today.

This is what I love about ATS......

Oh, and the statistics are very current..........so double

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thinking of WCI as a "church" is a bit misleading. It has stadium seating, has over 30,000 members, and is run by this guy:

Dollar is known for his controversial teachings of prosperity theology.[9] He has been criticized for his lavish lifestyle as he owns two Rolls-Royces, a private jet, a million dollar home in Atlanta, and a $2.5m home in Manhattan,[9] which he sold for $3.75m in 2012.[13] Dollar has refused to disclose his salary and Creflo Dollar Ministries received a grade of "F" for financial transparency by the organization MinistryWatch.

Creflo Dollar

It's a massive, massive money machine.

~Heff
edit on 10/24/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Thinking of WCI as a "church" is a bit misleading. It has stadium seating, has over 30,000 members, and is run by this guy:

Dollar is known for his controversial teachings of prosperity theology.[9] He has been criticized for his lavish lifestyle as he owns two Rolls-Royces, a private jet, a million dollar home in Atlanta, and a $2.5m home in Manhattan,[9] which he sold for $3.75m in 2012.[13] Dollar has refused to disclose his salary and Creflo Dollar Ministries received a grade of "F" for financial transparency by the organization MinistryWatch.

Creflo Dollar

~Heff

It sounds like the church I attend in the valley..........at least 18,000 members:

www.ccvonline.com...

They have very tight security though.......even labeled as security...walkie talkies and the whole nine yards. I am always wondering why they need that!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Creflo Dollar

~Heff

Hey Heff.......Ive got a million dollar idea if you want to go in on it with me........how do you feel about large crowds and donning a white collar?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by ubeenhad
If your scared mofo go to church.
wait.
Doesn't work anymore.

Seriously..even the last bastion of safety, isn't safe anymore!

This is far from the first church shooting.

Wingnuts like this choose targets because they know they're likely to have the only gun in the building.

Schools and churches have often been targets.

But blaming guns is silly,

www.youtube.com...

In the case above one armed woman saved the lives of a lot of people.

The person who carries a gun legally is not the one you need to worry about.

But if you tighten gun laws you only harm those who would otherwise carry legally, and you lower the overall safety of the group.

Remember, when seconds count, the Police are only minutes away.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Hey Heff.......Ive got a million dollar idea if you want to go in on it with me........how do you feel about large crowds and donning a white collar?

The church of Hefficide? LOL!

Hey, this really isn't about religion, so what's your point?

Yep, I am a church goer. I love my church, so is that a reason to shoot me? One can only take you comment as a justifiable reason for thinking this crime was okay.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Guess what? I realize that. The point of this thread was that two major shootings in the lives of people who do ordinary things in the last week. Like go to a spa, or, church.

The frequency of these types of shootings outside of something like a battle on the boarder with drugs lords is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The frequency of these types of shootings outside of something like a battle on the boarder with drugs lords is ridiculous.

No, it's not.

You remind me of all these "we live in a post 9/11 word" fanatics who believe a terrorist is lurking under their bed.

Your chance of dying in a shooting is like 0.000003%. link

What is it with people freaking out over meeting their demise in all the rarest ways while so many ignore the top killers with casual regularity?

I can just see some chain smoking, beer swilling slob shoving Twinkies into his gullet complaining about how dangerous guns are.

Not you specifically. Just as a general metaphor for America's misplaced fears.
edit on 24-10-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Your chance of dying in a shooting is like 0.000003%. link

Yet, those odds are greater than winning the lottery:

www.thedailybeast.com... icles/2012/03/30/15-things-more-likely-to-happen-than-winning-mega-millions.html

Check this site out...it has all kinds of odds.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Guess what? I realize that. The point of this thread was that two major shootings in the lives of people who do ordinary things in the last week. Like go to a spa, or, church.

You're trying to coorelate guns as the cause.

If not you need to change the wording, because thats how it looks.

If you want something to blame, blame poverty.

Look at the stats posted up the page, when times are good there are fewer shootings.

Maybe we should outlaw poverty.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You're trying to coorelate guns as the cause.

No, Ia m not. I am correlating people having far to easy access to guns, as part of the cause. Of course it's the person aiming that has the most cause.

If not you need to change the wording, because thats how it looks.

Which wording are you referring to?

If you want something to blame, blame poverty.

Do you know more about this particular story? Was the shooter broke?

Look at the stats posted up the page, when times are good there are fewer shootings.

So the reason for this incident was poverty? Once again, how do you know that?

Maybe we should outlaw poverty.

That would be nice, now wouldn't it?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The church of Hefficide? LOL!

Hey, this really isn't about religion, so what's your point?

Yep, I am a church goer. I love my church, so is that a reason to shoot me? One can only take you comment as a justifiable reason for thinking this crime was okay.

Really? Thats the only way to take it? That really does explain your stance on gun control and this whole issue.....

Maybe you should expand your mind some more.......

It was a jab at a massively large church being run by a man who cares about nothing but money, and what a lucrative business Idea it was.......

Nice try to pigeon hole me into some kind of religion hating man of violence tho........

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Really? Thats the only way to take it? That really does explain your stance on gun control and this whole issue.....

Maybe you should expand your mind some more.......

It was a jab at a massively large church being run by a man who cares about nothing but money, and what a lucrative business Idea it was.......

Nice try to pigeon hole me into some kind of religion hating man of violence tho........

Prove it. Most large mega church's like the one I attend are in the business of making money somehow, or they wouldn't exist. Mine is so structured that they have day care for church goers, broken down into separate buildings for kids in certain age groups. The also have a book store........restaurants, even a starbucks on their campus. Do I think that is wrong? Nope, it encourages people to hang around and meet other people who are also interested in the faith.

Nobody does anything for free, and that includes Pastors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join