It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Gunman opens fire in chapel of Georgia megachurch; 1 person critically wounded

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

You keep going back to guns.........

Its not like your agenda is clear or anything..........

No it has nothing to do with guns,people will find any method to carry out whatever they want to do......

I have a hammer on a table.......it doesnt hammer a nail unless someone picks it up and uses it.......

There's a gun on a table........its not going to fire unless someone picks it up.........

Lucky........if this guy couldnt have gotten a gun.........he might have gotten a bomb.......and done far far far worse.......
edit on 24-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Has nothing to do with guns.

Police arrest 4 in stabbing death at LDS church

Suspect charged in stabbing death at Rocky Mount Church

Churches get burned down, people get stabbed, churches get robbed, people get Run Over at church, and those are just the intentional things. Accidents, lightning, and all sorts of bad things happen at churches just like they happen every where else.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I completely agree with you. Me going back to guns? I guess it would have to do with the appalling gun violence in just the past week alone.

While I understand that people could easily do a job with a hammer, it seems like people pick up a gun much more quickly because it gets the job done with the least amount of effort.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
Has nothing to do with guns.

Police arrest 4 in stabbing death at LDS church

Suspect charged in stabbing death at Rocky Mount Church

Churches get burned down, people get stabbed, churches get robbed, people get Run Over at church, and those are just the intentional things. Accidents, lightning, and all sorts of bad things happen at churches just like they happen every where else.

True, so, does that make this okay?

These things are happening at schools now, too, which makes it even worse.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hey, and to any haters on this thread...........DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

This is really just to point out another yet horrific crime in less than a week in a place where nobody expects gun violence.

As said, little details yet on the incident.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I completely agree with you. Me going back to guns? I guess it would have to do with the appalling gun violence in just the past week alone.

While I understand that people could easily do a job with a hammer, it seems like people pick up a gun much more quickly because it gets the job done with the least amount of effort.

I hate to claim being insensitive here but.............do you watch the news at all? This week?

This has been going on for YEARS......

It seems you just recently have become cognizant of it

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Hey, and to any haters on this thread...........DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

This is really just to point out another yet horrific crime in less than a week in a place where nobody expects gun violence.

As said, little details yet on the incident.

You say that, but you keep going back to "is it guns" "what should we do on gun control", youve done it atleast 5 times already in the first page and a half

So im sorry but im a bit skeptical that your intention is to just bring to light this tragedy......it seems motivated by something else

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

I hate to claim being insensitive here but.............do you watch the news at all? This week?

To this extreme? Please show me a week where this much gun violence has occurred and I will gladly stand corrected.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

To this extreme? Please show me a week where this much gun violence has occurred and I will gladly stand corrected.

......how bout last week..........and the week before that.......etc ........etc.....
How bout every day in thousands of cities across the US......

How bout every day on the border where the drug gangs are prevalent.......

Just because it doesnt come up on your radar doesnt mean it doesnt happen........

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You say that, but you keep going back to "is it guns" "what should we do on gun control", youve done it atleast 5 times already in the first page and a half

So im sorry but im a bit skeptical that your intention is to just bring to light this tragedy......it seems motivated by something else

I think it's extremely tragic...and with the spa shooting? I have a daughter that lives in that area, and yes, it frightened me greatly.

I am not a fan of guns. People say guns do not kill, it's the person using it.

If they weren't so readily available, yes people would be using different means, and quite possibly have to re-think their actions before doing so, because it wouldn't be so easy.

Guns just make killing far too easy.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Gun lover here...reporting for duty!

As a trained former military guy, I know that I could inflict quite a few casualties with a lamp...in a mall.

Crazy is just crazy. Get it?

Are you now going to outlaw lamps?

edit on 24-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

......how bout last week..........and the week before that.......etc ........etc.....

Just because it doesnt come up on your radar doesnt mean it doesnt happen........

Uhhhm, excuse me...I live in Arizona where guns and drugs are tied in, and everyone who lives here knows that. These crimes of just the last week don't have that going for them.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
All these shootings from CO to now Georgia have me thinking about when Obama said he could bring us together as a nation and from Chicago throughout the whole country I see the results of his failed Leadership Domestically as well as overseas. I hold him responsible for Fast and furious and I hold him resposbile for the Libya fisco....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

It seems we are not safe anywhere we go.

You're not. You never were and you never will be.

That's reality.

Even if we stuck you in a hermetically sealed cell and buried you into the side of a mountain you still wouldnt be safe.

There is no such thing as safe. Which is why I am constantly irritated at the futile chase of it.
edit on 24-10-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

I like to think I'm safe...but have had to many experiances to prove otherwise.

Even if I had a CCW, the other guy may get the drop on me. I realize that.

To many unfortunetly don't.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Sissel

Gun lover here...reporting for duty!

As a trained former military guy, I know that I could inflict quite a few casualties with a lamp...in a mall.

Crazy is just crazy. Get it?

Are you now going to outlaw lamps?

edit on 24-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

I appreciate your honesty.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is about ten minutes away from my house... World Changers.. Creflo Dollars church. Honestly, I am not surprised at all. College Park is a very dangerous area, and that particular business venture is all about getting the poor to give, give, give...

I could ponder an attempted robbery, maybe someone angry because the TV preacher talked grandma out of her last ten bucks... but in all honesty - probably nothing more than a gang related shooting.

It's the Atlanta area. Every night the top 2 or 3 stories on the news are murders.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
First of all, guns don't kill people...you know the rest.
I think this is so "vile" because where it happened and our own morbid curiousity to propogate our own agendas. I'm a gun owner. I don't kill people. I will if you threaten me ormy loved ones. But that's what my parents taught me...

To ask for evidence of violence such as reported in the last week is really not difficult, but also impossible. You are aware that good portion of domestic violence goes unreported, right? So how do really know the level or quantitiy of truly egregious violence occurs?

I don't know how to link it, but there is a thread just created about a 12 year old girl killed for parts from her BMX bike. Stangled. No gun involved, but violent: agreed? So, even though the perps were exposed by their own mother, I still have to ask:

Where are the parenting skills of old?

None of my friends kill. All had good parents who taught them right from wrong. Let's face it, people. Gun control is not the answer, and we can't make people into good parents.

Arrgh. I have no answesr, and I apologize for that, but I can't tolerate narrow minded approcahes to civil issues with such wide reaching impplications.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks for chiming in.....The area sounds scary, but the reason for this has yet to be determined.

A robbery in a Mega Church, could be a reason if they are so hell bent on donations.

Makes me wonder how large of an amount could have been in the tithing baskets.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Uhhhm, excuse me...I live in Arizona where guns and drugs are tied in, and everyone who lives here knows that. These crimes of just the last week don't have that going for them.

great and I live in Texas and i can tell you right now theres been at least 20 shootings related to cartels along the boarder in just the last week.......

Just because its not on the MSM doesnt mean it doesnt happen......

Again this has less to do with guns and more to do with the environment.....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaTommyJ

To ask for evidence of violence such as reported in the last week is really not difficult, but also impossible. You are aware that good portion of domestic violence goes unreported, right? So how do really know the level or quantitiy of truly egregious violence occurs?

Yes, I am well versed. I lived in a domestic violence program for 19 months. I had to flee the state of Louisiana to get away from my husband, who was an ex sheriffs deputy. I was threatened with a gun, should I report the abuse on several occasions.

I don't know how to link it, but there is a thread just created about a 12 year old girl killed for parts from her BMX bike. Stangled. No gun involved, but violent: agreed? So, even though the perps were exposed by their own mother, I still have to ask:

Where are the parenting skills of old?

Agreed.

None of my friends kill. All had good parents who taught them right from wrong. Let's face it, people. Gun control is not the answer, and we can't make people into good parents.

Agreed.

Arrgh. I have no answesr, and I apologize for that, but I can't tolerate narrow minded approcahes to civil issues with such wide reaching impplications.

Do you suppose if a gun was available this girl would have been strangled?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join