It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Gunman opens fire in chapel of Georgia megachurch; 1 person critically wounded

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Police: Gunman opens fire in chapel of Georgia megachurch; 1 person critically wounded

www.miamiherald.com

COLLEGE PARK, Ga. -- Police say one person was critically wounded when a gunman opened fire inside the chapel of a Georgia megachurch just south of Atlanta.

Fulton County Police Cpl. Kay Lester says the suspect got away in a vehicle, and was still at large around 11 a.m. Wednesday after the shooting at World Changers Church International.

Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
From Spas's to Churches...the amount of recent gun violence in this country recently is amazing to me.

321....here come the gun lovers!

It seems we are not safe anywhere we go.

Are people just becoming more insane, who have access to guns?

Should there be stricter rules on who is allowed to have guns?

I'm baffled.

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

It seems we are not safe anywhere we go.

You're not. You never were and you never will be.

That's reality.

Even if we stuck you in a hermetically sealed cell and buried you into the side of a mountain you still wouldnt be safe.

There is no such thing as safe. Which is why I am constantly irritated at the futile chase of it.
edit on 24-10-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Unfortunately there are little details to this breaking story.

It should be interesting to see how it unfolds.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If your scared mofo go to church.
wait.
Doesn't work anymore.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I understand where you are coming from. However, why do these sort of gun scenarios seem to suddenly be on the rise?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubeenhad
If your scared mofo go to church.
wait.
Doesn't work anymore.

Seriously..even the last bastion of safety, isn't safe anymore!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Because people are hearing all about the end of the world in December and how this time it's more "credible". That's going to lead to more violence as it gets closer to December, and more suicides.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Don't go to Church on Hump day.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Sissel

Because people are hearing all about the end of the world in December and how this time it's more "credible". That's going to lead to more violence as it gets closer to December, and more suicides.

Well, I would hope not. How is this time more credible though, and why would it particularly lead to gun violence?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Don't go to Church on Hump day.

Why would it be any different from attending Sunday service?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I understand where you are coming from. However, why do these sort of gun scenarios seem to suddenly be on the rise?

Violent crimes have decreased year after year: www.fbi.gov...

There was a bump most recently but that was all due to assaults. Violent crimes with weapons are still down:

The increase in violent crime was the result of an upward swing in assaults, which rose 22%, from four million in 2010 to five million last year. But the incidence of rape, sexual assault and robbery remained largely unchanged, as did serious violent crime involving weapons or injury

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

There was a bump most recently but that was all due to assaults. Violent crimes with weapons are still down:

Sure about that? Your chart only shows statistics through 2010.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

It's not, but since we have people talking about the Mayan calendar ending, and the supposed Nibiru coming, people are believing it more.

It will lead to more gun violence because people are scared. When people get scared they tend to become dumber than usual. Now you have scared people going out and buying guns. And God help us if things start to happen as December gets here.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

What a dumb post. Honestly, just dumb and shows how far you can think.
You DO realize that gun control doesn't work right? Look at Norway, there's very strict gun laws there, however Breivik was able to take out an island and blow up a building.

Secondly, if you take away guns, you're only taking guns away from honest people and placing guns in the hands of those who shouldn't have them. Criminals will ALWAYS find a way to get a hold of a gun. Back in the 60's when gun control was pretty tight, gangs made "pop guns" which was basically a metal tube on top of a wooden handle with a rubber band and a nail to act as the hammer. Then you have illegal guns coming in via black market.

I'm not pro or anti gun, I'm anti idiots who can't think farther then their nose.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Sure about that? Your chart only shows statistics through 2010.

Sorry, citation for the quote: online.wsj.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It isn't and wont be just Gun violence.
Heck, just look at some of the stories posted here.
I really believe, that with all the new diagnosis with mental disorders (Everyone has one, don't you know)
more people are being medicated. Which leads to more people not being able to handle everyday stress and situationist.

I think I've over simplified what I'm trying to say, but I hope you get the jist of it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm thinking the "Mega" part of this had just as much to do with it as the "church" part did. People are feeling so overwhelmed and powerless as corporations, churches, and governments get larger and more controlling of the micro aspects in our lives. I expect to see more and more of this kind of thing for the foreseeable future. We have reached a tipping point, and the change that has to happen will be met with much resistance.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

with all the sexual abuse cases coming out in the last years, I wouldn't call that place safe.
edit on 24-10-2012 by sebHFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom

What a dumb post. Honestly, just dumb and shows how far you can think.
You DO realize that gun control doesn't work right? Look at Norway, there's very strict gun laws there, however Breivik was able to take out an island and blow up a building.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion. However, people who might have underlying issues that are not checked into receive gun licenses. Perhaps background checks need to be more extensive.

Secondly, if you take away guns, you're only taking guns away from honest people and placing guns in the hands of those who shouldn't have them. Criminals will ALWAYS find a way to get a hold of a gun. Back in the 60's when gun control was pretty tight, gangs made "pop guns" which was basically a metal tube on top of a wooden handle with a rubber band and a nail to act as the hammer. Then you have illegal guns coming in via black market.

Perhaps whoever did this, was perfectly fine the day they bought a gun. I understand that criminals can always find guns. My boyfriend who was a Marine, was also an avid gun collector. All it took was a robbery of his home and 20+ guns were stolen. Personally, I don't think anybody needs a collection like that.

I'm not pro or anti gun, I'm anti idiots who can't think farther then their nose.

Once again, you are entitled to your opinion. I can think farther than my nose, by the way. It isn't so huge that it blocks my brain from operating.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join