It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Mourdock: God intends women to get raped!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
If I might make an observation?

Original Title: Richard Mourdock: Even pregnancy from rape something "God intended"

OP's re-typing of title: Richard Mourdock: God intends women to get raped!

Mourdock's actual words in story:

In a Tuesday night debate with his Democratic rival and a Libertarian candidate for one of Indiana's U.S. Senate seats, Republican candidate Richard Mourdock suggested that pregnancies resulting from rape are "something that God intended to happen," despite the "horrible situation" from which they derived.

I can't help but think this is a time where the choice of wording means everything to how the meaning is interpreted. Hmmmm.....

Hmmm... Or you could be toeing party line and trying obfuscate dull the impact of
This man's psychotic beliefs.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by LiveEquation

I heard what he said before this thread even existed.

Yes, what he said indeed sounded awful. I'm just playing Devil's advocate though.

Ask yourself 1 important question.
Do you believe in your heart that this man truly believes that God wants women to be raped? Or is it perhaps more likely that in defense of being so pro-life that he said the wrong thing?

He apologized today and reiterrated that he believes all life is sacred and that he didn't mean for people to infer that he believes his God is a rapist.

If some of us are going to fault Limbaugh and Hannity for twisting words and taking things out of context, then those same people faulting the two above guys need to play by the same rules. It's not OK when they twist words and it's not OK when your side does it either. That's what this is all about isn't it? Sides?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

My issue is that this man expects to one of only 100 senators to represent a hundred
Million women who will be subject to his extreme perspective. It is like puting
A KKK wizard in the Compton city council.

American Taliban
edit on 24-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The hypocritical mind set I see in folks who believe like

Richard Mourdock is that when a woman is raped and gets pregnant it's God's will but if it happened to themselves or a member of their families it's "the work of the devil and they are being spiritually attacked"....

manipulating and twisting the word of God to fit THEIR dogmatic and selfish ideology; all the while bragging that they take the Bible literally.

edit on 24-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

edit on 24-10-2012 by ezekielken because: redacted ( humor is the work of the devil)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
God tests faith in different ways.

Look what he put Lot through.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Yaldabaoth IS his god and he is A Archon INITIATE.
These Archons have no imagination,talk too much and
give themselves away. Gnosticism and the Archons.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by solidguy

Was that Sarcasm? or were you really saying that God approves of incest and hence forbids abortion on incest?

I think women should choose whether they want to keep the child or not. Isn't that what being a republican is about in the first place.

Ryan Picture Source

Here is what Mr. Mitt Romney says concerning his views on abortion

Mitt believes that life begins at conception and wishes that the laws of our nation reflected that view...Mitt supports the Hyde Amendment, which broadly bars the use of federal funds for abortions. As president, he will end federal funding for abortion advocates like Planned Parenthood...The compassionate instincts of this country should not be silent in the face of injustices like China’s One-Child policy

Mitt Romney Source

Here again, there is the evidence of the extent to which this leadership will carry out their God's commandment that people increase and multiply..totally disregarding religious affiliation, over population and people's rights.

And of course shape shifting is the tool the Religious fanatics do to hide what their agenda is...

Mitt Picture Source

edit on 24-10-2012 by LiveEquation because: added sources

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

I'll just say that the nature, tone and general intent of people'e posts, when taken over time and looking at many to get a feel for someone, says a great deal about their purpose for being here and their values.

I'm happy to let mine stand on their own and to say what they do about who I am and what I believe in.

@ Thread

I wonder if people might want to at least give a moment's consideration to this from another direction. It was about midway through the thread that I saw a few comments that made me think about this too. To some, the idea of a Child born of rape being a gift simply isn't possible. At least one on here outright says as much.

However.... Has anyone considered that this man might have a relative, friend or other person close that *WAS* born of a rape, long ago, and THIS is how a survivor who DOES live with that reality comes to terms with and makes peace with all that?

I'd agree it must be one heck of a thing to know for those who are ever told in those circumstances. So, is it BAD now to say that all life IS, to those of Faith, somehow an intention of God? What's the alternative, exactly? Telling the people conceived that way that they are worthless or the intention of the OTHER extreme?

Just another way to see things, after the man did state so clearly and aggressively, what his defense was. No wishy washy political weasel in him, and I'd give him that much....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by campanionator

Is it extreme to have faith and believe life is a gift given by god regardless how its conceived? Or.. Is it extreme that he doesn't want rape victims to abort their babies?

I dont know much about this topic other than the twisted interpretation of what this man said, explain what it is that makes him "extreme".

about abortion, if you ask me id say do whatever you want, it doesn't concern me but isn't the baby also a victim of rape? abort the rapist not the victims :p

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by campanionator

Is it extreme to have faith and believe life is a gift given by god regardless how its conceived? Or.. Is it extreme that he doesn't want rape victims to abort their babies?

I dont know much about this topic other than the twisted interpretation of what this man said, explain what it is that makes him "extreme".

about abortion, if you ask me id say do whatever you want, it doesn't concern me but isn't the baby also a victim of rape? abort the rapist not the victims :p

I think you're on to something. That would make for one heckuva bumper sticker, your last line there!

The law should be "IF YOU RAPE, WE WILL CASTRATE". Then lock the sob's in a prison that is hard labor for 18 hours a day and no TV, internet, salt & pepper, butter, etc.. for the rest of their lives. I think we could snuff out the epidemic of violence and put an end to the need to argue about rape-victims and abortion in one fell swoop.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
So do you want to legislate the man's consent into law? How for does that go? Does a rapist or incestuous family member get a say? What about forcing a woman to track down her "one night stand?" What if the woman isn't sure who the father is, should she get mulitple consent forms signed? Should this legislation apply only to married couples?

Can you show me where in my post I say anything about making new legislation? Sorry but I do not believe you can solve all the issues in this world with legislation. There is no legislation that says a man has to wear a condom to prevent std's. Yet some men do wear them. My post is all about the flawed line of thinking that when a women chooses to bring a life into this world, it is her decision alone. That is a very flawed way of thinking. The Male male should also have some say, especially when one considers that 8 out 10 times he will be paying the child support for the next 18 years. Failing to acknowledge this reality is why you have so many children in this world who have no contact with their own fathers and eventually rely on Government assistance when the man doesn't pay.

So what if many people feel the same way? Many people feel mixed races shouldn't marry too. We don't legislate based on feelings or personal religious beliefs.

Again- your talking about legislation and I am not. You can not legislate all the world's problems away. If you could, there would be no such thing as "dead beat Dads". We have more than enough legislation in place that requires the biological father of a child to pay support... yet so much of it still goes unpaid. I posted about an ideology. A concept. A way of thinking. Not legislation.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

No, he clearly says that if a woman gets raped, God intended for that rape to happen.....
You can spin it however you want...but he still said that.

Really? Show me where he says that.

What I read says that God intended for that LIFE to be created. Not for that RAPE to happen. There is a difference.

Here is the exact quote.

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God," Mourdock said. "And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

Clearly he says rape is a "horrible situation". Not that God condones rape. So what is the context in which he makes this statement? Life. That is the "it" that he is referring to when he says, "that IT is something that God intended. "

This is not rocket science. His meaning seems pretty obvious to me. For the record, I am actually pro choice. I believe that if a person chooses to have an abortion rather than give birth- that is none of my business and they are free to do so. It is a moral decision. People get abortions for any variety of reasons and I trust that they would know better than I would if they are capable of raising a child.

In any event, the thread title is very misleading. He is clearly saying that God intended for that life to be created regardless of the circumstances that created that life. Do I agree with him? Not at all. However, I am not going to twist what he said so I can bash him for it.
edit on 25-10-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Reply to post by primus2012

Haha I could agree with that, if I had my way this topic would be a non issue
you would have to have a large pair of balls to rape someone under my rule, but they wouldn't have em long after that, castration would be the very tip of the iceberg

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I wish liberals would stop misrepresenting things. Clearly the heading is a misrepresentation. What's new though. Clearly the man thinks that all life is sentient, something that pro abortion liberals cannot claim without being a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Was that Sarcasm? or were you really saying that God approves of incest and hence forbids abortion on incest?

No, the Christian God would not approve of rape or incest, but the biology is such that life in the womb results from these actions. Therefore would you kill innocent life because you did not approve of the action?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

This is so easy to understand. Romney seems to be saying that while he is Pro-life, there is no legislation on his agenda to change Roe v Wade. I do think though if he goes to repeal Obamacare that could stop federal funding of abortion with tax payer monies, at least through Obamacare, but Planned Parenthood still gets federal funding for some of its stuff and that of course does end up in paying for abortions. It is a matter of red tape. Planned Parenthood should be defunded federally. .
edit on 25-10-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

So the baby created is god's will, but the act of rape was satan's?

Again, while an act of rape is a very dark and devilish thing to do because a man is succombing to desires which he has not learned to control, or has some power issues, let's look at the biology of this. Man rapes, a baby forms in the wormb. The man's evil deed does not make the baby evil. The baby is just the biological result. Let us clarify that while God would not sanction such an act, a life does result and therefore that life is sentient. If we were to go into the metapysics and deep philosophy, we could look at such things as what kind of karma does the mom or the baby have that they would experience this. Then again, just looking at them both, mom and baby, as victims, it behooves us as a society to protect the sentient life regardless of the act. If the mom cannot deal with raising the child, then she can give it up for adoption.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Now according to Republican logic, a Rapist can claim that God willed it because the bible says "go

No one is saying this. Where do people come up with this *&^%?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Then again, just looking at them both, mom and baby, as victims, it behooves us as a society to protect the sentient life regardless of the act. If the mom cannot deal with raising the child, then she can give it up for adoption.

An embryo is not sentient.

It appears, as you wax poetic about the innocence and divinity of all life, that you wish to impose that line of thinking onto the woman who was raped. So does this douche bag politician.

Regardless of how you feel, from the comfort of your home, about rape, it is ultimately the woman who was raped and pregnant who decides how to proceed. It's an added insult that amounts to slavery to force that woman to carry that pregnancy to term and give birth.

Biology is not our god. And just as God gave Adam dominion over the beast of the field, we have dominion over our bodies. I'm sick of right wing religious nut jobs telling folks that they are going to hell because of "free will" and then saying it's God's will to carry and deliver a rapist's child.

Where is the free will of the woman getting raped? Where is the free will of the woman seeking to terminate a pregnancy caused by rape, incest or birth control failure?

I don't want religion dictated through politics. I don't want a Mormon Bishop as president and mixing up what is government with what is religious projection.

Make no mistake, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan and many of their GOP brethren are out to take our free will from us under the guise of God's will. The GOP will take a Romney win as God's will to legislate religious ignorance into law.

This man, Richard Mourdock, believes that "God's will" trumps a woman's will. As a candidate for office, he presented this as an argument in support of his election. That means he will do what he can to implement his agenda, if elected.

GOP'S OFFICIAL STANCE ON ABORTION

Republicans drafting their party's official policy platform on Tuesday ratified a call for a Constitutional ban on abortion that makes no exceptions for rape or incest.

The vote to endorse the party's long-standing opposition to abortion and support for a "human life amendment" took place at a meeting of the GOP's official platform committee in Tampa, the site of next week's Republican National Convention.

The party's official stance on abortion was approved after just a few minutes of discussion.

The agenda of the GOP is to officially outlaw all abortions, denying a woman's right to choice, even in the event of rape.

God's perceived will is not a good enough justification to deprive women of their rights and their free will, sending them back to 1940's morality.

Romney has promised to shut down Planned Parenthood and over 235 anti-abortion bill have been presented and 92 passed, this year alone. Women are being ushered into shame, humiliation, extra expenses and unnecessary medical probes, long waits and difficult, if not impossible, accessibility to safe and legal abortions. In some conditions, they are being subjected to their employers approval for permission for birth control access through their insurance benefits.

There is a war against women's right to choose, and the GOP is leading the war cry. While idiots like Murdock and Akin spill the beans, other GOP members, who agree with them, try to use smoke and mirrors to distract us from the truth.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

The hypocritical mind set I see in folks who believe like

Richard Mourdock is that when a woman is raped and gets pregnant it's God's will but if it happened to themselves or a member of their families it's "the work of the devil and they are being spiritually attacked"....

manipulating and twisting the word of God to fit THEIR dogmatic and selfish ideology; all the while bragging that they take the Bible literally.

edit on 24-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Great, show me where Mourdock has said he has been spiritually attacked when this happened to his family. If you can't you're a proven liar.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join