It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Mourdock: God intends women to get raped!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Oh please spare me the fake outrage

Like I'm really being serious that someone should rape Rupert.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
reply to post by sonnny1

Oh please spare me the fake outrage

Like I'm really being serious that someone should rape Rupert.

Really?

Ive seen Plenty of People support Plenty of "OUTRAGE", on ATS................

Why say it then?

Sensational much?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I'm not attacking your post or your thoughts, but your post did lead me to think that in the same logic God intended for 9/11 to happen, wars to happen, children to be raped and murdered and I think this is the same logic that end up with so many walking away from God or at least how God is taught to us.

I know that personally I can't reconcile a God that is supposed to be loving with "everything is according to God's plan".

Further, if everything is according to God's plan... than so is abortion, as He gave us the brains to develop Modern Medicine.

The logic just doesn't hold.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
If I might make an observation?

Original Title: Richard Mourdock: Even pregnancy from rape something "God intended"

OP's re-typing of title: Richard Mourdock: God intends women to get raped!

Mourdock's actual words in story:

In a Tuesday night debate with his Democratic rival and a Libertarian candidate for one of Indiana's U.S. Senate seats, Republican candidate Richard Mourdock suggested that pregnancies resulting from rape are "something that God intended to happen," despite the "horrible situation" from which they derived.

I can't help but think this is a time where the choice of wording means everything to how the meaning is interpreted. Hmmmm.....

This post should sum up this whole thread. In the eyes of many God fearing Christians God does a have a plan for everyone and realizing that honest reality is how many people cope with all sorts of tragedies in their lives. Ask a Cancer patient, ask a mother who gives birth to a still born baby, ask a victim of violent crime etc etc. Many will say that it was simply part of God's plan. Even pregnancy through rape. Yes, it sounds bizarre to some due the violent nature of the crime... that's why we have differences of opinion.... God sends us all a wide variety of challenges in our lives... How do we choose to deal with those challenges?

Taking Mourdock out of context and mincing his words and intent is not productive... Seems to be a trend from the left this election season regarding any candidate from the GOP...
edit on 24-10-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Human beings make God sound like a complete psychopath. If God has a plan for everyone and everything then why do we bother waking up in the morning? There is nothing logical about these arguments.
edit on 24-10-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

Many will say that it was simply part of God's plan.

They are engaging in coping strategy. You haven't proved a thing with that statement.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I'm not attacking your post or your thoughts, but your post did lead me to think that in the same logic God intended for 9/11 to happen, wars to happen, children to be raped and murdered and I think this is the same logic that end up with so many walking away from God or at least how God is taught to us.

I know that personally I can't reconcile a God that is supposed to be loving with "everything is according to God's plan".

Further, if everything is according to God's plan... than so is abortion, as He gave us the brains to develop Modern Medicine.

The logic just doesn't hold.

Absolutely correct. The scariest thing about Mourdock (and others of his ilk) are that they possess the equivalent of a first grader's sense of spirituaity, AND they clearly are not capable of critical thought. The argument for an interventionist God is entirely without any supporting evidence for the whole history of man. Maybe God set the machine turning, but after that it was all about the laws of physics, so it is meaningless to suggest that God intends for any particular thing to happen.

Furthermore, all sorts of bad things happen to people, but only on this particular point would he suggest that they accept their fate. It reminds me of the old saying, "if rape is inevitable, just lie back and enjoy it." It strikes me that, though most are not dumb enough to admit it, many in the Republican party agree with that statement.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Human beings make God sound like a complete psychopath. If God has a plan for everyone and everything then why do we bother waking up in the morning? There is nothing logical about these arguments.

Many will say that it was simply part of God's plan.

They are engaging in coping strategy. You haven't proved a thing with that statement.

Also true. It is a function of the human brain to find structure where there is none. It is why we believe in streaks playing slot machines, for example, rather than realizing that it is a randomized money trap. So we see the hand of God in what happens to us, because we prefer the illsuion that all of this is not meaningless suffering.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Reading Comprehension 101

The ATS thread title -

Richard Mourdock: God intends women to get raped!

The source article title -

Richard Mourdock: Even pregnancy from rape something "God intended"

See that little word "pregnancy"?

That changes the entire context of the message.

Now, I don't agree with Murdock's view that rape pregnancies are intended by God.

But, there's a world of difference between a God who intends women to be raped vs. a God who intends a rape to result in pregnancy. Both are wrong; but, the whole title re-wording gets a major "F" for fail.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
See folks....this is why I strongly support the separation of church and state. Comments about one's personal beliefs in "God's will" has no business in the politics or policy of governing a diverse group of philosophical and religious beliefs.

I do support free speech, but comments and quotes like this are best reserved for Church, not for the political podium. There is a time and a place for everything and religious dogma has no place in politics.

It's a sad state of affairs that politician's do not realize they are isolating or separating parts of the population when they toss out these gems.

There is a line drawn when people air their beliefs like this. It causes a separation.

Sure, I can say something like "Everything that happens, happens for a reason and could happen no other way". Does that mean pre-destiny? maybe. Does that condone acts of violence? Absolutely not. To me, when a person in a position of authority makes statements like this, it is a pacifists position. "Nothing we can do about it, it's the will of God"...so why bother trying to do anything about it then right? Maybe it's the other way...maybe "God" wants to see if you are man enough to step up and do the right thing...even when you don't like it.

Just an opinion.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

I have a feeling you do not understand what utilitarianism means. It is simply a philosophical thought that means that the end justifies the means. It means that if the means for something good to happen a woman must get raped to give birth to a great leader. It must be noted that Jesus' conception was not violent (since he was a great leader in his time) and then why should women today be subjected to erroneous hopes that the consequences of their violence would yield any good. Life is a choice, especially now when there are over 7 billion people, the last thing we need is for rapists to be unleashed to increase our population because it is god's will for man to increase and multiply.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
That's a low blow.

He put his foot in his mouth, but that's not what he meant. He doesn't think God endorses rape. What he meant was that all life is precious and he believes it starts @ conception. You're no better than Fox News when you post these things, OP.

Be above this crap and stick to facts.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

So how exactly do you think rape babies come into being? From un consensual sex, which is what we call rape.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Reply to post by 3chainz

How do rape babies come into existence?

The same way that consenual babies do. Carrying the pregnancy to term.
Look, I don't endorse what this fool is saying, but I understand what he meant and so do you. You're twisting his words into meaning that God wants women to be raped and that's not what he meant. He is just different from you and I (and 99% of people) in that he believes all life should be protected. He doesn't understand the pain that the mother would have to endure just by looking at the child and he is obviously a religious fanatic. That said though, he never said that "God has a plan for rape". The baby is the outcome of the rape, but the rape is what you're focusing on.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Jeez, a level of ridiculousness beyond words...

Todays Right-wing Conservatives are mentally defective dangerous extremists who have NO BUSINESS being in positions of power over a modern society which has come such a long way in progressing from the dark and dreadful ages of past human history.

Ages of past where humans were cruel barbaric monsters full of backwards and dangerous superstitions and views that ultimately was the fuel that caused such horrible atrocities to be committed upon fellow humans for no just reasons whatsoever. Based on the words and actions of todays Right-wing Conservatives, one cannot help but see that they SO DEARLY want that disastrous way of old to return upon us. That, is VERY FRIGHTENING stuff...

And to those shameless fan-boys here who defend every SICK word and action coming straight out of the Right-wing Conservative camp on a daily basis anymore, you all are truly a disgrace to modern society who have come so far from the human mistakes of old.

Despite the Right-wing Conservatives attempts here to twist, cover-up, derail, deflect, and defend this dangerous extremist behavior, make NO mistake, todays republicans MEAN exactly what they say. They are so delusional that they only realize their mistakes when their advisors report back to them to "fix" their statements.

And I am NOT a "liberal" or a "lefty" as I have issues with the Left as well, but to be honest, the Lefties and Liberals are NOWHERE as DANGEROUS as the Right-wing of today has truly become. They and their paid, or unpaid supporters here who never stop their nonsense of defending these monsters are a complete disgrace to modern humans who wish to progress from the errors of old.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Have you noticed the narrowing of the legal definition of rape?
Oh, you didn't? Maybe you should.

www.govtrack.us...
and to cover all of the other bases they have a bit called 'protect life act'
www.govtrack.us...

How in the heck will this fit into the elites plan where they call for population reduction with every other breath?

edit on 24-10-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
If I might make an observation?

Original Title: Richard Mourdock: Even pregnancy from rape something "God intended"

OP's re-typing of title: Richard Mourdock: God intends women to get raped!

Mourdock's actual words in story:

In a Tuesday night debate with his Democratic rival and a Libertarian candidate for one of Indiana's U.S. Senate seats, Republican candidate Richard Mourdock suggested that pregnancies resulting from rape are "something that God intended to happen," despite the "horrible situation" from which they derived.

I can't help but think this is a time where the choice of wording means everything to how the meaning is interpreted. Hmmmm.....

Well bottom line is that however you try to look at it, the final message is that it is god's will for women to get raped, as long as they get pregnant because if a raped woman gets pregnant then she is bestowed with god's gift of life. There is no escaping what he said.

Now the question is this, does this mean that pregnant rape victims deserve to get raped to be bestowed with this gift of life?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

he's probably a closet dominionist
or one of these freaks
The Bizarre Christian "Quiverfull" Movement Pushing Women to Procreate for "God's Army" Leaders of the Quiverfull movement encourage women to have as many as 20 children, regardless of the effects on their health.

they don't care where individual arrows in gods quiver comes from, just as long as they're properly brainwashed

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by 3chainz

How do rape babies come into existence?

The same way that consenual babies do. Carrying the pregnancy to term.
Look, I don't endorse what this fool is saying, but I understand what he meant and so do you. You're twisting his words into meaning that God wants women to be raped and that's not what he meant. He is just different from you and I (and 99% of people) in that he believes all life should be protected. He doesn't understand the pain that the mother would have to endure just by looking at the child and he is obviously a religious fanatic. That said though, he never said that "God has a plan for rape". The baby is the outcome of the rape, but the rape is what you're focusing on.

This guy is coming from a fundamentalist Christian point of view, which still gets morality from the Old Testament. The god of the Old Testament not only condoned rape, but commanded it. Women weren't given an option, nor were their wishes considered. They were considered property, no better than animals.

Now they want the government to own and regulate a woman's reproductive organs, owning the embryo within her womb, under the guise of "personage." In other words, if the government disagrees with the woman's choice of how to mange her body, they will step in and take her freedoms from her.

edit on 24-10-2012 by windword because: grammer

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
That's a low blow.

He put his foot in his mouth, but that's not what he meant. He doesn't think God endorses rape. What he meant was that all life is precious and he believes it starts @ conception. You're no better than Fox News when you post these things, OP.

Be above this crap and stick to facts.

Oh crap! lol

well here are the facts: This is exactly what he said below as quoted in the OP:

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

Text

Source

I am not making it up...he said "...I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen".

How am i twisting what he said? How am i misunderstanding what he said?

Should we even be surprised that he should speak such things when his god commands that women are the weaker sex. History also tells us that his god commanded men to rape women and murder children.

Do we really want people who hold such views to be our leaders?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join