It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Mourdock: God intends women to get raped!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Another republican just showed how the republicans really view god and women. Is this belief pervasive among republicans running for office?

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God," Mourdock said. "And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

Source 1

In other words if a women gets raped and then gets pregnant, it was the will of God! How long will it take for people to realize that God is not for all the masses?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Could be he thinks ALL life, regardless on how its conceived, is a blessing from God.

Just wish Politicians would stop using God, in their quotes. Might as well turn Preacher, if that's the case.

Another thing? Hes a male. He doesn't know ANYTHING about conception, unless he personally pops one out, of his body. Period.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
saw this on AP, seemed to be the only thing they mentioned from that debate, weird right? Mourdock simply means God intends everything to happen for a reason- yes rape too. Who knows, maybe this baby will turn out to do great things, but only if it was born at a certain time that wouldn't happen if she hadn't otherwise been raped. Maybe her baby would turn out to be an evil person if it weren't for the experience, because you know the mother would REALLY stress fundamental characteristics like love, respect, and responsibility. His statement makes sense to a lot of religious folks and it may end up helping him, guess it depends on God's intentions

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well a few months ago we had a legitimate rape debacle, and now this. and its funny that its the male that are at the forefront on this. And i do have a feeling that the shape shifter Mitt will publicly shift away from this one too as he did with the legitimate rape fiasco although he had said he would shut down funding for planned parenthood and said he wasn't supporting legislation for abortion.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I am male. But...............

I know women have final say, when it comes to their bodies.

Just like a man does.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

I guess you are saying that God and utilitarianism are the same thing? and people believe that? Well tell that to the women who didnt choose to get raped and must also have their choice and rights suspended yet again to carry to term what they didnt choose and plan for in the first place,

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If I might make an observation?

Original Title: Richard Mourdock: Even pregnancy from rape something "God intended"

OP's re-typing of title: Richard Mourdock: God intends women to get raped!

Mourdock's actual words in story:

In a Tuesday night debate with his Democratic rival and a Libertarian candidate for one of Indiana's U.S. Senate seats, Republican candidate Richard Mourdock suggested that pregnancies resulting from rape are "something that God intended to happen," despite the "horrible situation" from which they derived.

I can't help but think this is a time where the choice of wording means everything to how the meaning is interpreted. Hmmmm.....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good Catch actually.

Op should change title.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
As the brain atrophied saying goes, "God works in mysterious ways, hurr durr durur udrururu durur uhururr."

This is just more evidence that Republican is a mental condition, not a political party.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well in the most fundamental sense he is correct. If God didn't intend for it to happen then he wouldn't have designed reality so that it would happen... or in the very least if God didn't intend for it to happen he would stop it before it happened. In the most traditionalist sense you could say that everything that happens is the will of God, even those terrible things... because God "works in mysterious ways" they say.

Assuming God exists of course...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Mourdock, seeking to clarify his comments in a press conference following the debate, said he had intended to say that "God creates life," and that any interpretation of his comments to mean God "pre-ordained rape" were "sick" and "twisted."

"What I said was, in answering the question form my position of faith, I said I believe that God creates life. I believe that as wholly and as fully as I can believe it. That God creates life," Mourdock said.

"Are you trying to suggest that somehow I think that God pre-ordained rape? No, I don't think that. That's sick. Twisted. That's not even close to what I said. What I said is that God creates life."

www.cbsnews.com...

Yeah right. You said it. No gettin' out of this one!

edit on 24-10-2012 by Hydrawolf because: forgot link

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yes, I know that you aren't defending him...I read your entire post, but the first line was outrageous in a sense...I had to respond. I won't edit what I originally said, because...it holds value.

Please, stop it. You may not realize what you're doing, but I'm going to tell you. Spiritually, you walk an idiotic path in the attempt to rationalize what was stated.

You slander God and all of our beauty when you state such. There are hard things, things that occur for the sake of progression, but by no means are they "blessings". Things just are. There are no blessings in the eye of God, especially with the rationale that you are utilizing in this particular instance. In that rationale, everything and all can be considered a blessing, which completely trivializes the word in modern and olde English. The way in which you use the word hinges upon the fact that life, something that you assume to be precious, is a blessing no matter how it comes into existence.

This leads down a path of spiritual compromise for the sake of progress (without the proper understanding of the sacrifice in and of itself). Your rationalization can be attributed to technology. All technology is a blessing even if it came from the War time innovation.
Economics: All free markets are a blessing even if they enslave small brown and yellow people in sweat shops to produce cheap and inexpensive goods that yield a high profit.
And so on and so on.

You walk this path in blind idiocy because you have no respect for the sacrifice involved in all of the transactions. You have no comprehension of the spiritual price paid for progression of the flesh, material, corporeal, (the spirit itself), or the God head. To trivialize the sacrifices by calling them blessings is unreal. It is a true misunderstanding of all that is. To call the unfortunate sacrifice of mental health, psychological stability, physical mutilation, and spiritual balance that a woman undergoes in a rape a blessing is beyond me...and it's beyond you too. Stop. Your justification for life can only go so far until you begin to justify things for the sake of things. You're justifying rape for the sake of life because life in your book holds some intrinsic sacred value that transcends the other factors I listed (it doesn't). Life is valuable, but it is no blessing. It is a sacrifice.
You don't understand the extent of the sacrifice. So, before you begin to bastardize God, man, life, and the English definition of "blessing" look at yourself in the mirror and imagine a zipper on your mouth. Close it.

You Spiritually defunct Religious Zealots (and sympathizers) need to realize the implications of your words. You all need to realize the empathetic values of existence and learn to feel out other beings. Maybe then you won't throw around words like "blessing" like it's a party favor.

/Rant that no one will appreciate

edit on 24-10-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

utilitarianism? Clearly you are blinded by your own political interests. Let me state that I have no affiliation with ANY party, nor had I heard of Mourdock once before this debate happened. And let me state further that everything I know/learned didn't come from republican or "utilitarianism" doctrine, but from this book they call the Holy Bible. The fact that you are trying to use one man's words to criticize entire political groups is evidence of your own political agenda, as well as of your ignorance. Have you no shame?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I believe Politics should not mince with God.

Personal Beliefs are PERSONAL.

A woman has rights, as does a man.

If you believe in God, then you should know EVERYONE will have to answer to him, alone.

For ALL their decisions in life.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The Young Turks discuss the topic -

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well then, someone should rape Murdoch and see if he thinks God intended it to happen.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Rape babies have absolutely nothing to do with God, it is a simple matter of basic biology.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I'd like to ask this guy a question:

If his daughter were gang raped by 12 men and became pregnant, would he tell her that God intended for it to happen and that she must keep the child?

Keep the mythical being in the sky out of our legislative process

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Did someone open a big can of Hate in the room?

The context it was said doesn't even fit to these reactions and if his unusually aggressive defense didn't make that pretty clear to his own intent from his own spoken words (I mean...I'm a little tired of being told what I said and meant, when I didn't mean or say it too) then I don't know how else the man can say it. Sky Writers? A Blimp with a Super-Screen? Errr.... It might get shot down, to hear some here. Yikes!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
Well then, someone should rape Murdoch and see if he thinks God intended it to happen.

So.....

You justify Rape, to prove a point? Your no better then he is !

and people gave you Stars for it?

I am surprised the MODS let this stand.

edit on 24-10-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join