It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Mourdock: God intends women to get raped!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvius

When I was growing up, incest and child molestation was pretty much swept under the carpet, and the victim blamed. Years later, when the subject came up, with my mom, she said that she was also raped and molested as a child. Everyone knew and nobody cared.

Now, the same old mindset with a new twist, God's will.

My mother's generation was the first to be afforded birth control to married women, with the consent of their husbands. My generation was the first to be afforded birth control to unmarried women. My daughter may be the first generation to see women being forced to carry the "state's child" after a rape, in spite of science, history, and better judgment, simply because of religious beliefs.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

My mother had very similar experiences. She was Amish at the time. I blame it more on the insular nature of the community than the religion, but male supremacy is (of course) enshrined in their beliefs. Just as in Mourdock's.

I'm in a position to vote against this particular zealot. I'll think of you (among too many others) when I do.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it extremely disturbing that these GOP assholes want to stop you from having an abortion but feel it's just fine and dandy to kill rebelious children?

I thought ALL life was precious....not just the unborn?

Charlie Fuqua, the Republican candidate for the Arkansas House of Representatives who called for expelling Muslims from the United States in his book, also wrote in support for instituting the death penalty for "rebellious children."

In "God's Law," Fuqua's 2012 book, the candidate wrote that while parents love their children, a process could be set up to allow for the institution of the death penalty for "rebellious children," according to the Arkansas Times. Fuqua, who is anti-abortion, points out that the course of action involved in sentencing a child to death is described in the Bible and would involve judicial approval. While it is unlikely that many parents would seek to have their children killed by the government, Fuqua wrote, such power would serve as a way to stop rebellious children.

read the full story
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Christians are F*cked in the head if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

yep, sure do ... are you talking about this same Fuqua dude ??

www.theatheistpig.com...
Mr Fuqua has not made any comments. His lawyer is stating that if Mr Fuqua wants to kill children, then it is his religious right to do so.

i'm not sure which disgusts me more, this potential Congressman or his lawyers.
that's really a tough one.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Does anyone else find it extremely disturbing that these GOP assholes want to stop you from having an abortion but feel it's just fine and dandy to kill rebelious children?

I thought ALL life was precious....not just the unborn?

Charlie Fuqua, the Republican candidate for the Arkansas House of Representatives who called for expelling Muslims from the United States in his book, also wrote in support for instituting the death penalty for "rebellious children."

In "God's Law," Fuqua's 2012 book, the candidate wrote that while parents love their children, a process could be set up to allow for the institution of the death penalty for "rebellious children," according to the Arkansas Times. Fuqua, who is anti-abortion, points out that the course of action involved in sentencing a child to death is described in the Bible and would involve judicial approval. While it is unlikely that many parents would seek to have their children killed by the government, Fuqua wrote, such power would serve as a way to stop rebellious children.

read the full story
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Christians are F*cked in the head if you ask me.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, what crime did the children who are aborted commit? If they did not commit a crime, does he advocate for the killing of innocent children? If not, where is the hypocrisy?
edit on 28-10-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

First off, they are not children but fetuses. That's why they are referred to as an "it".

Should a woman who cannot support herself have a child she cannot support and one she did not plan for anyway? This may seem like an extreme case but look at today's data, 11-12 year olds are getting pregnant (thanks to Monsato GM food+evil perpetrated by men).

Or we can consider the case of Edith Hernández (News Sources), she was raped by her step father and she ended getting pregnant at 10 years of age and ended up giving birth before she was 11 years old. She was denied abortion.

Which is more important? An unborn life or the 10 year old girls life and future?

Did you know that women in the military are denied abortions if they get raped even while in service?

What if you had a wife and she got raped while you were away, and she got pregnant? would you want her to carry the rapist seed to term?

Here is an example

Nevin Yildirim, a 26-year-old mother of two, lives in a small village in southwestern Turkey. She said the man, Nurettin Gider, began the attacks a few days after her husband left in January for a seasonal job in another town, according to a source close to the case...

The source said Yildirim went to a health clinic a while ago seeking an abortion, but health workers told her she was 14 weeks pregnant and abortion was not an option...

On August 28, at least five months pregnant by a man who she said continued to rape her, Yildirim said she decided she had had enough.

She said she grabbed her father-in-law's rifle that was hanging on the wall and she shot him. He tried to draw his gun and she fired again.

"I chased him," she said. "He fell on the ground. He started cussing. I shot his sexual organ this time. He became quiet. I knew he was dead. I then cut his head off."

...Yildirim said to the men sitting in the coffee house on the square. "Here is the head of the man who played with my honor."

She threw Gider's head to the ground, the witnesses said.

Yildirim is in the local jail while she awaits trial.

News Source

This was an example of the consequences of denying women their rights. Yeah this may seem cruel and inhumane and she feels she was a bit out of line. However, she says she will not carry the rapist seed to full term and will commit suicide if she is not given the abortion.

Pix Source

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Have to agree.

"It's God's plan."

I was a christian for about 15 years, so ya...

Basically, God is excused from judgment because God has perfect judgment. From our viewpoint, it might appear that God is doing wrong. But since God is perfect we have to refrain from judging.

When a baby dies still born or when people die from random things or accidents happen, people are pushed into a corner and, like you say, they cope with it by explaining it away.

Sort of like saying we can't do anything about it, so lets move on. Like when you're a kid and ask your Dad about something and he says, "That's just the way it's. Always been that way."

Is it Cognitive Dissonance?

Here:
en.wikipedia.org - Cognitive Dissonance...

An example of this would be the conflict between wanting to smoke and knowing that smoking is unhealthy; a person may try to change their feelings about the odds that they will actually suffer the consequences, or they might add the consonant element that the short term benefits of smoking outweigh the long term harm. The need to avoid cognitive dissonance may bias one towards a certain decision even though other factors favour an alternative.
Cognitive dissonance theory warns that people have a bias to seek consonance among their cognitions. According to Festinger, we engage in a process he termed "dissonance reduction", which he said could be achieved in one of three ways: lowering the importance of one of the discordant factors, adding consonant elements, or changing one of the dissonant factors.[5] This bias gives the theory its predictive power, shedding light on otherwise puzzling, irrational, and even destructive behavior.

Basically, a person has conflicting notions in their mind. One of them is that God is loving and perfect. The other is that their baby just died from a disease and doctor's could do nothing to stop it. If God is loving and perfect, why would God let their baby die this way and (by proxy) put them through the ordeal? So to resolve the conflict in their mind, they change the conditions so that a perfect God can let your baby die and this can still be the most loving choice for you and everybody else.

God lets us go through this (sometimes painful) life because he loves us and has perfect judgment. God could do ANYTHING to us or this world and it would eventually be seen this way.

God can't hurt us. Only WE can because of the original sin. Because our physical nature is evil. Blah blah. The reasoning will go on and on to justify that God is still loving and perfect.

So the irony is that when the baby dies the mother might eventually blame herself because she has original sin. She has an evil physical nature. She's the seed of Adam and Eve. And this is really what keeps Christianity going strong. This hatred of oneself pushes you to purify yourself in the spirit. This purification process where Christian's feel shame and ask for forgiveness is neverending until you die or lose your faith. Basically all the badness in the world expresses itself in your self hate.
edit on 28-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join