It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Mourdock: God intends women to get raped!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Here's another heart warming story of a man gifting a concubine to appease his adversaries.

Judges 19: 23
And the man, the master of the house, went out unto them, and said unto them, Nay, my brethren, nay, I pray you, do not so wickedly; seeing that this man is come into mine house, do not this folly.

24 Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing.

25 But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go.

26 Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell down at the door of the man's house where her lord was, till it was light.

27 And her lord rose up in the morning, and opened the doors of the house, and went out to go his way: and, behold, the woman his concubine was fallen down at the door of the house, and her hands were upon the threshold.

28 And he said unto her, Up, and let us be going. But none answered. Then the man took her up upon an ass, and the man rose up, and gat him unto his place.

29 And when he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, together with her bones, into twelve pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by doesntmakesense
saw this on AP, seemed to be the only thing they mentioned from that debate, weird right? Mourdock simply means God intends everything to happen for a reason- yes rape too. Who knows, maybe this baby will turn out to do great things, but only if it was born at a certain time that wouldn't happen if she hadn't otherwise been raped. Maybe her baby would turn out to be an evil person if it weren't for the experience, because you know the mother would REALLY stress fundamental characteristics like love, respect, and responsibility. His statement makes sense to a lot of religious folks and it may end up helping him, guess it depends on God's intentions

Two stars for this ignorant post is more than I can stomach. No you moron he didnt mean that God intended the rape. He was speaking about the life created by that rape not the indefensable violent action that is rape. If anything that would fall under activity of satan no? Isnt he really responsible for all the bad stuff in the world anyway ?
So the baby created is god's will, but the act of rape was satan's?

And you are calling other people ignorant?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What ever happened to the GOPs cry of personal responsibility?

Now according to Republican logic, a Rapist can claim that God willed it because the bible says "go forth and multiply" which is what the rapist can claim he was trying to do.

I think Richard Mourdock is a perfect example of the fundamentalist mind set that has taken over the GOP/Tea Party.

edit on 24-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Who knows, maybe this baby will turn out to do great things,)

So when was the last time a baby conceived of rape did something great?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

On another note... Holy misrepresented thread title Batman!! Mourdock does not say God intended for women to be raped. He is simply saying that all life is precious, regardless of how that life is created.

No, he clearly says that if a woman gets raped, God intended for that rape to happen.....
You can spin it however you want...but he still said that.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
1 dude says something stupid and bam, you take it out of context, congrats OP for twisting the truth to meet your own agenda.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
1 dude says something stupid and bam, you take it out of context, congrats OP for twisting the truth to meet your own agenda.

so you admit he said something stupid? yet the OP is twisting the truth?

those two statements are contradictory.....

edit on 24-10-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by LiveEquation

I heard what he said before this thread even existed.

Yes, what he said indeed sounded awful. I'm just playing Devil's advocate though.

Ask yourself 1 important question.
Do you believe in your heart that this man truly believes that God wants women to be raped? Or is it perhaps more likely that in defense of being so pro-life that he said the wrong thing?

He apologized today and reiterrated that he believes all life is sacred and that he didn't mean for people to infer that he believes his God is a rapist.

If some of us are going to fault Limbaugh and Hannity for twisting words and taking things out of context, then those same people faulting the two above guys need to play by the same rules. It's not OK when they twist words and it's not OK when your side does it either. That's what this is all about isn't it? Sides?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
All these idiot fundamentalist, like this guy, are completely insane no matter what religion they subscribe to.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I know your reply was directed to LiveEquation, but if I may....

I believe that people with the mindset that this politician espouses believe that God's will is being done when a rape victim becomes pregnant.

Maybe it's because they think that God thinks that the woman needs a lesson in humility, a punishment or whatever, but yeah, I think that they believe that God uses rape as a conduit for his will.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think he meant to say god intended for the life to be created, so you can't abort the pregnancy even if it's rape

I don't hink he is smart enough to realize you can them make the connection that god intended the rape to happen in the first place

these guys just don't think

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I think Windword has answered you. Now lets assume that Richard just made a mistake and didn't really tone down his deep beliefs.

He is saying that it is God's will that life be created regardless of whatever happened to make that life happen. Violence or not it doesn't matter. It is still a gift and a blessing. And he is saying women should not have a choice whether they should carry their tormentors seed to term or not.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Does this include all women or just christian women?

Should all women regardless of religious affiliation be subjected to what the christian God says (where is he anyway so he can clarify what he meant in the OT?)

Is this not a discrimination of Faith/Religion?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree w/you 100%.

It's amazing how just the choice of words can change the tone of an article. It's a sneaky tactic too, because before one even gets to the actual content of the article, people's minds are already being influenced by the headline.

The AP seems to be pretty "bland" at its article titles, maybe that's why I tend to gravitate to their stuff. Most news networks just reprint AP stuff anyway. I'd rather just get the original article in the first place.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Who knows, maybe this baby will turn out to do great things,)

So when was the last time a baby conceived of rape did something great?

There are some very powerful stories from people who were conceived in rape. This woman's website is full of them. Here's a sample from her personal story, and there are many others:

Rebecca Kiessling's Story

I was adopted nearly from birth. At 18, I learned that I was conceived out of a brutal rape at knife-point by a serial rapist. Like most people, I'd never considered that abortion applied to my life, but once I received this information, all of a sudden I realized that, not only does it apply to my life, but it has to do with my very existence. It was as if I could hear the echoes of all those people who, with the most sympathetic of tones, would say, “Well, except in cases of rape. . . ," or who would rather fervently exclaim in disgust: “Especially in cases of rape!!!” All these people are out there who don‘t even know me, but are standing in judgment of my life, so quick to dismiss it just because of how I was conceived. I felt like I was now going to have to justify my own existence, that I would have to prove myself to the world that I shouldn’t have been aborted and that I was worthy of living. I also remember feeling like garbage because of people who would say that my life was like garbage -- that I was disposable.

Please understand that whenever you identify yourself as being “pro-choice,” or whenever you make that exception for rape, what that really translates into is you being able to stand before me, look me in the eye, and say to me, "I think your mother should have been able to abort you.” That’s a pretty powerful statement. I would never say anything like that to someone. I would say never to someone, “If I had my way, you’d be dead right now.” But that is the reality with which I live. I challenge anyone to describe for me how it’s not. It’s not like people say, “Oh well, I‘m pro-choice except for that little window of opportunity in 1968/69, so that you, Rebecca, could have been born.” No -- this is the ruthless reality of that position, and I can tell you that it hurts and it’s mean. But I know that most people don’t put a face to this issue. For them, it’s just a concept -- a quick cliche, and they sweep it under the rug and forget about it. I do hope that, as a child of rape, I can help to put a face, a voice, and a story to this issue.
There's quite a bit more to her story...

www.rebeccakiessling.com

I think just the fact that she is alive and well is great. To think that she is only alive because abortions were illegal at the time... Could that be God's Will at work? How would you state your case of "rape-abortions are ok" to this woman and others like her?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is why I'm staying as far as I can from the R and their religious fanatics.

Sarcasm warning

The R should update their platform & legalize rapes that aren't forcible. Also legalize any rapes that result in pregnacy and insert GOD's will into the paragraph as many times as possible.

Akin & now this guy. They said what they truly believe and it's a openly held evangelical belief.

end sarcasm

Any woman who votes for these guys deserves what's coming for the women's rights in the next few years. Rape is a sin committed by the rapist and not a gift from God. Raped women are victims.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

I am afraid you didn't answer the question. There might be powerful stories yes but are the people as influential as Jesus or Alexander?

Don't you think the pro-Life movement discriminates against other Faiths?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Mourdock is an embarrassment to my state.

Even if he did not intend to say that rape is ordained by "God," doesn't this country have freedom of religion?

Then what makes some so self righteous as to put their religious ideals upon my body?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation

I am afraid you didn't answer the question. There might be powerful stories yes but are the people as influential as Jesus or Alexander?

Don't you think the pro-Life movement discriminates against other Faiths?

There is no singular pro-life movement. There are many different movements, some driven by their spiritual beliefs, others not driven by faith at all but by the principle of the right to live.

Confessions of a Pro-Life Atheist

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I am going to put some pics to tell you really how these religious Politicians see women and the legislation they support. The first picture from USANEWS shows how extreme the GOP views are on women by comparison with what we know of Taliban.

Source 1

and of course Paul Ryan's view on abortion is nothing new and this is what was echoed by Richard...this being God's will of course. That being said, the OP didn't twist what Richard stated firmly during the debate.

Source 2

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
People will only believe "God works in mysterious ways" until something really bad happens to them.
In a situation like that it never makes any sense and its offensive to say.

If a girl is raped and becomes pregnant, she should be able to decide if she wants to terminate the pregnancy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join