It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Mourdock: God intends women to get raped!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Reply to post by HandyDandy

"Well. That brings up another point. What if the victim of a pedophilia rape gets pregnant at age 13? Did God intend for that life to be concieved also?"

If life is created by god then he must have intended for that life to happen. Who else could create life? Lol. Theists believe life is created by god and life is a gift from god. I don't believe this but I don't see whats wrong in believeing this. I guess if theres a political agenda its very wrong in believing this, right???

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
First...I'm so sick of people injecting their opinion of what God wants into our civil liberties.

Second, this is such a made up controversy. I for one don't think this poor hapless guy meant it in that context whatsoever.

Okay, now lets analyze (no pun intended
) what the poor chap said:

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God," Mourdock said. "And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

Source 1

What was it that he struggled with for such a long time?
It is obvious it was not the idea of conception since he believed conception was a gift from God, so what exactly was he struggling with? Rape Pregnancy!

Why was he struggling with it?
Why was he struggling with the idea of pregnancy from rape? Did he think rape pregnancy was unfair to women because it was forced onto them? Even at this time recall he still believed life was a gift from God.

How does he overcome his struggles?
First he reasons that since conception is God's will then God allowed the pregnancy to happen. Since God allowed it to happen, then God intended the rape pregnancy to happen.

Obviously some of us cannot understand why a supposedly just and supreme being would intend for rapes to exist so there can be rape pregnancies, unless he has a plan that he wants to accomplish, like maybe teach a lesson, or maybe carry out his promises of bestowing his curses up to 4th generations etc etc.

Whatever the case, women suffer the consequences and are robbed of their rights.

Source 2

edit on 25-10-2012 by LiveEquation because: corrected link

edit on 25-10-2012 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
reply to post by KhufuKeplerTriangle

Ah, because when confronted with an angel that says "you will...." that means that she has the ability to consent?

She may have said she is a servant of God and will do God's will, but you have to remember that back then, rape was approved by God and women were on par with cattle as far as having a say in anything that happened to them.

edit on 25-10-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)
My opinion is that the question never came up of whether she wanted to avoid the situation or end the pregnancy.

Perhaps she understood the gravity of the situation more than we do.

Mary and the immaculate conception is grossly off topic in a rape thread, imo.
needs new thread for proper flames and pissing matches

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

The problem is it isn't a made up controversy, God I wish it were. This is what is being elected to office to set policy on these issues. This is one of the planks of the GOP platform. They aren't ok with just maintaining a reasonable stance they are out to outlaw abortion by any means necessary, and grant personhood to a fetus. This should be disturbing for everyone, not just women.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Conception isn't a miracle. Raising a child who doesn't talk in the theater is. Like the late great Bill Hicks said. "“Childbirth is no more a miracle then eating food and a turd coming out of your ass.”

Getting raped isn't in God's plan, if it really is in God's plan, WE NEED TO BE BETTER THAN GOD. Yeah I said it. Because humans can be better than his #ty ass divine plan that justifies such a violation. I say # any pastor, preacher, politician, human being that thinks this is ok. If I ever meet this guy I'm gonna spit in his face and piss on his grave.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I have a cousin who got raped after being drugged at a party.
She became pregnant and had an abortion -- couldn't cope.
When she got pregnant by a boyfriend and wanted to keep the baby, it miscarried.
Was it chance? Maybe. Was it the abortion? Maybe.

Now though, she is in poor health. For her, it was probably for the best that she did not carry to term.
Most people are healthy enough to consider it. Once someone gets raped, though, the damage is done.
It honestly should be their choice.

I don't think the baby deserves to die, but the pain of a human being is hard to measure -- emotional pain is infinite, whereas pain in the womb is not... I am pro life but think that decision must be made personally.

Edit: I will NEVER agree with 3rd term abortion by the way. it's SICK

HOWEVER that said, people need to read up on the origins of organizations like Planned Parenthood.
They started out to kill off black people. Life is unbearable when society hates you, therefore abortion and racial self hatred was a foreseeable result for these poor people.

I do not support planned parenthood. Nor do I think doctors should run abortion mills.
However a doctor can make a personal informed decision to save a patient's life or sanity.

however the emotional damage of choosing to lose the baby is real.

i knew a girl in high school who really regretted her abortion.
fear is not a good place from which to judge the worth of a life.

edit on 25-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Reply to post by KeliOnyx

I wonder how many people found it disturbing when they outlawed the noose? we were all a fetus at one point, when were we given "personhood"?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by KeliOnyx

I wonder how many people found it disturbing when they outlawed the noose? we were all a fetus at one point, when were we given "personhood"?

When your mother pushed you out of her womb. After you took your first breath, that's when you won your personage rights.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation

Okay, now lets analyze (no pun intended
) what the poor chap said:

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God," Mourdock said. "And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

Source 1

What was it that he struggled with for such a long time?
It is obvious it was not the idea of conception since he believed conception was a gift from God, so what exactly was he struggling with? Rape Pregnancy!

Why was he struggling with it?
Why was he struggling with the idea of pregnancy from rape? Did he think rape pregnancy was unfair to women because it was forced onto them? Even at this time recall he still believed life was a gift from God.

How does he overcome his struggles?
First he reasons that since conception is God's will then God allowed the pregnancy to happen. Since God allowed it to happen, then God intended the rape pregnancy to happen.

Obviously some of us cannot understand why a supposedly just and supreme being would intend for rapes to exist so there can be rape pregnancies, unless he has a plan that he wants to accomplish, like maybe teach a lesson, or maybe carry out his promises of bestowing his curses up to 4th generations etc etc.

Whatever the case, women suffer the consequences and are robbed of their rights.

He apologized... But obviously he only apologized for offending people with his opinions, not for the things he believes in. Because we shouldn't doubt for a second that he misspoke. He said it himself he "struggled" for a "long time" so that means he really believes this final conclusion of "God wants rape babies to happen and they are a gift from God"

Keep religion out of govt. Our supreme law is the Constitution not the Bible. Men like these who redefine rape just so they can justify banning it and dehumanize rape victims by calling them whores who just used rape as an excuse to get a free abortion -- these men have nothing to do in our highest legislative body. Because these men can push laws or vote on Supreme Court Justices based on their 1700's beliefs!

NOTHING is more important that a woman's freedom to do whatever she wants with her reproductive system. And govt shouldn't be forcing vagi-probes as a prerequisite for abortion. Govt shouldn't have any say in a woman's medical decision. That's something she decides.

Even beyond rape, would you rather have 1 million babies on welfare till the age of 18 (and their mothers probably too) or a million abortions after which these women can actually focus on having a job which pays taxes to local/state/feds, a stable relationship and later on a child they can support out of their paycheck?

Women's rights impact our whole society and our economic well-being. Taking away women's rights will cause us to lose 50% of our workforce and productivity. Say hello to China as the new world leader!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So, everyone knows that Romney has endorsed Mourdock and still hasn't withdrawn it, right?

Looks like Romney stands by this guys comments.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Congratulations to Richard Murdoch, he tops the "GOP Rape Advisory" chart!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by windword

So we are not alive until we enter the world through the fleshy gates... You know what, I dont care anymore, go on and kill your kids. They are your kids regardless if you want to deem them a person or not.

What if that kid discovers a cure for cancer? Aborting that child (the one being punished for his fathers sins) may mean a delay in finding that cure. I know, your probably not interested in 'what ifs' but what if the human race's lineage began with a child conceived from rape?

In my opinion a woman should have a right to do whatever she wants but what if (promise last one) she does want the child but the father (rapist) wants the mother to abort? Should he have the same rights? Im not just asking you these questions, this is for everyone to read and give their opinion.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

You're boring me to death. If you care so much about medical decisions you should want the senate to go Republican so they can shut down Obamacare. Posts like these have faux rugged individualism written all over them. No one is going to overturn Roe v. Wade, Obamacare though? That's on the chopping block. So stand on your principles but also be practical.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod

In my opinion a woman should have a right to do whatever she wants but what if (promise last one) she does want the child but the father (rapist) wants the mother to abort? Should he have the same rights? Im not just asking you these questions, this is for everyone to read and give their opinion.

So do you want to legislate the man's consent into law? How far does that go? Does a rapist or incestuous family member get a say? What about forcing a woman to track down her "one night stand?" What if the woman isn't sure who the father is, should she get mulitple consent forms signed? Should this legislation apply only to married couples?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So are you in favor of forcing a woman to give birth against her will? Does biology trump a woman's free will?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Im in favor of adoption but no I don't want a women to be forced to do anything against her will, I think I stated I don't care what they do.

that question was rather pointless ill give you that.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by captaintyinknots

So the baby created is god's will, but the act of rape was satan's?

Again, while an act of rape is a very dark and devilish thing to do because a man is succombing to desires which he has not learned to control, or has some power issues, let's look at the biology of this. Man rapes, a baby forms in the wormb. The man's evil deed does not make the baby evil. The baby is just the biological result. Let us clarify that while God would not sanction such an act, a life does result and therefore that life is sentient. If we were to go into the metapysics and deep philosophy, we could look at such things as what kind of karma does the mom or the baby have that they would experience this. Then again, just looking at them both, mom and baby, as victims, it behooves us as a society to protect the sentient life regardless of the act. If the mom cannot deal with raising the child, then she can give it up for adoption.

So it is sentient at the moment of conception? Source, please....

And lets not go down the adoption road. If you really want to talk about that, I'm guessing you have no experience with the adoption industry in america. (Not to mention you are then willfully FORCING the woman into slavery for 9 months)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I personally think adoption is worse than abortion, but then again its their choice.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

This is one of those topics that I should just stay away from. I get so
when these men think they know what Gods will is. OR even have the audacity to try to speak for God. (their God, my God, the universe.)

Many people do not even believe in God, so that is an even bigger topper to what he said. How can one man claim a divine and direct channel to something like God? Is it the God in his own head? (A sick head at that.)

Man, if anything like this comes to pass, which it is very close to becoming law.. I am at a loss for words.

Gods will huh. That is Rich.
Even if Murdock wants to spin this, Murdock still said what he said no matter how he spins it. And more importantly, he believes in what he says. You can say what ever you want.. But when you take action to define your words, that is what defines you. Actions speak louder than words. His actions back up his words.

WOW.. And Mitt Still gives this guys the

I will stay this to end. They are pro life... Yet they are totally okay to send our children off to wars to get killed, yet they are pro life? HUH?
No don't abort them, we will kill them later for you.
hypocrites of the highest order.
edit on 26-10-2012 by zysin5 because: 1.3

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation

I personally think adoption is worse than abortion, but then again its their choice.

As i would never tell a person to or not to have an abortion, I would also never tell them to or not to put a child up for adoption. But those that think it is a wonderful alternative to abortion havent done their research. Thats all I will say.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

You're boring me to death. If you care so much about medical decisions you should want the senate to go Republican so they can shut down Obamacare. Posts like these have faux rugged individualism written all over them. No one is going to overturn Roe v. Wade, Obamacare though? That's on the chopping block. So stand on your principles but also be practical.

Maybe the reason why you are bored is because you boring down the wrong thread? This is not an Obamacare thread. Its about politics on abortion, rape, and women's rights. If you want to discuss Obamacare, open a thread and i will happily share my views on that

Thanks

Ciao

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join