It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Mourdock: God intends women to get raped!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Check out this literature on that:

Beggars and Choosers: How the Politics of Choice Shapes Adoption, Abortion
I definitely will! As someone who has worked very closely with the adoption industry, my issues with it don't even come from the rights side of things, but rather the deplorable state of said industry (and it has become just that, and industry).

But it looks like a very interesting read, ill certainly check it out.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Where did I say I would "force" a woman? It is just an option. It is really something reading all the remarks by people who condemn those who are pro life.
On the guy in question in this thread...he seems to be trying to reconcile his belief in a God who has control of His creation with his understanding of the social issue of civil rights. Our society has become a society which trumps a woman's right to abort her live unborn baby and at the same time gives the State endless other controls over everyday aspects of our lives. Something is really wrong with this picture.
9 months of "slavery" to the innocent life in her womb as compared with a lifetime of servitude to the psychological and emotional scars of knowing she destroyed life within.

It all depends I guess on whether you believe the life in the womb is unworthy somehow of that life because it cannot survive outside the womb till it is more fully developed.
People just cannot see how sick and twisted their thinking is. And it is all cloacked in some kind of view of personal rights of womanhood.
Margaret Sanger, the Founder of Planned Parenthood seems to have thought that she was freeing poor women from the slavery of motherhood and at the same time helping the cause of communism.

I want to mention that there is a concept of free will, and it is understood by lots of people that our Creator gave us free will. We make free will decisions every day. The question is, are our free will decisions based on the Reality of God's Will or are they based on ignorance and lack of understanding.
edit on 27-10-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Another republican just showed how the republicans really view god and women. Is this belief pervasive among republicans running for office?

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God," Mourdock said. "And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

Source 1

In other words if a women gets raped and then gets pregnant, it was the will of God! How long will it take for people to realize that God is not for all the masses?

Uh yes, supposedly god has a plan for everybody. Therefore if you are raped it was his 'will.' He has power to create an entire universe but can't stop children from being raped? Right...

This goes for everything, not just rape. Have AIDS? It's ok that's gods plan for you. Cancer runs in your family? The almighty caused that too.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

It seems that pre-born babies have taste buds, can respond to light, squirm away from a poking needle.

By only 14 weeks gestational age (g.a.), the taste buds are formed, and ultrasound shows both sucking and swallowing. A fetus controls the frequency of swallowing amniotic fluid, and will speed up or slow down in reaction to sweet and bitter tastes. Studies show babies have a definite preference for sweet tastes. Hearing begins earlier than anyone thought possible: at 16 weeks. The ear is not complete until about 24 weeks, a fact revealing the complex nature of listening, which includes reception of vibes through our skin, skeleton, and vestibular system as well as the ear. Babies in the womb are listening to maternal sounds and to the immediate environment for almost six months. By birth, their hearing is about as good as ours.

Mechanisms for pain perception like those for touch, develop early. By about three month g.a., if babies are accidentally struck by a needle inserted into the womb to withdraw fluid during amniocentesis, they quickly twist away and try to escape from the needle. Intrauterine surgery, a new aspect of fetal medicine made possible in part by our new ability to see inside the womb, means new opportunities for fetal pain.

Although surgeons have long denied prenates experience pain, a recent experiment in London proved unborn babies feel pain. Babies who were needled for intrauterine transfusions showed a 600% increase in beta-endorphins, hormones generated to deal with stress. In just ten minutes of needling, even 23 week old fetuses were mounting a full-scale stress response. Needling at the intrahapatic vein provokes vigorous body and breathing movements.

www.eheart.com...

Perhaps what you think you know about pre borns is erroneous.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

You are right on!

The problem is with a system that integrates religion that is partial to gender. I wonder how things would change if we had an female president

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

You are right on!

The problem is with a system that integrates religion that is partial to gender. I wonder how things would change if we had an female president

This is not about religion favoring a gender(you've been reading too much stuff about Christianity being partriarchal, and yet you ignore the Buddhist thought that all life is sentient, even water, they even have a word for not harming any life-even a roach-it is "ahimsa"), but it is about an atheistic and secular society's cheapening of life.

How would having a female President be any different than one who drags radical feminists up on stage to promote free contraception and uses NARAL to get women to vote for Democrats?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Uh yes, supposedly god has a plan for everybody. Therefore if you are raped it was his 'will.' He has power to create an entire universe but can't stop children from being raped? Right...

This goes for everything, not just rape. Have AIDS? It's ok that's gods plan for you. Cancer runs in your family? The almighty caused that too.

Yep, and government should be the last entity to think that they can dispense the "will of the god" through legislation mandated on their populations.

God's will and karma are just "blame the victim" tactics, meant to disassociate ourselves from compassion and empathy. Thanks to scientist who are able to see the difference between the mechanisms of biology and the machinations of religion, we have antibiotics, antivirals, stem cell therapy and birth control.

Religion, all religion, has no place in politics, and politicians that run on platforms of promising to legislate god's will sends cold creepy chills up my back.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As an Evangelical, Mourdock probably hasnt received a proper understanding of the Providence of God from his Church. Consequently, he poorly worded his answer

www.reformed.org...://www.reformed.org/documents/BelgicConfession.html

Article 13: The Doctrine of God's Providence

We believe that this good God, after he created all things, did not abandon them to chance or fortune but leads and governs them according to his holy will, in such a way that nothing happens in this world without his orderly arrangement.
Yet God is not the author of, nor can he be charged with, the sin that occurs. For his power and goodness are so great and incomprehensible that he arranges and does his work very well and justly even when the devils and wicked men act unjustly.

We do not wish to inquire with undue curiosity into what he does that surpasses human understanding and is beyond our ability to comprehend. But in all humility and reverence we adore the just judgments of God, which are hidden from us, being content to be Christ's disciples, so as to learn only what he shows us in his Word, without going beyond those limits.

This doctrine gives us unspeakable comfort since it teaches us that nothing can happen to us by chance but only by the arrangement of our gracious heavenly Father. He watches over us with fatherly care, keeping all creatures under his control, so that not one of the hairs on our heads (for they are all numbered) nor even a little bird can fall to the ground^20 without the will of our Father.

In this thought we rest, knowing that he holds in check the devils and all our enemies, who cannot hurt us without his permission and will.

For that reason we reject the damnable error of the Epicureans, who say that God involves himself in nothing and leaves everything to chance.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The bottom line here is that forcing a woman to carry a rape pregnancy to term is actually sick and cruel.

This debate is honestly setting us back hundreds of years. We as a people are smart and evolved enough to understand the difference between a normal situation and an awful situation which is the outcome of a violent crime. To not understand this difference is to stare common sense in the face and spit at it. To hide behind your Bible as your bodyguard and disregard what rape victims have to go through.

I can guarantee that if any of these rape baby proponents had their wives or daughters raped, it would be a very different story. Very different.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
to this nonsense, all i can say is if the rape/pregnancy was God's intention, then so was the abortion that was performed as a result.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

I couldn't disagree with this doctrine more.

It seems to promote the idea that the bad, wicked and evil things that man does, are because of free will, while all good things are due to God's will.

Satan wouldn't be able to work through us if we gave up our free will, and bent with the wind that God blows, never thinking twice that we may have influence over the destiny of our lives.

It denies curiosity and deep probing into the mechanics of the universe that we live in, reaching beyond our understanding and capabilities more and more with each generation. It promotes ignorance and passivity.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I couldn't disagree with this doctrine more.

It seems to promote the idea that the bad, wicked and evil things that man does, are because of free will, while all good things are due to God's will.

Satan wouldn't be able to work through us if we gave up our free will, and bent with the wind that God blows, never thinking twice that we may have influence over the destiny of our lives.

It denies curiosity and deep probing into the mechanics of the universe that we live in, reaching beyond our understanding and capabilities more and more with each generation. It promotes ignorance and passivity.

Without Gods Protection, the Devil would have everyone violated repeatedly.

If you havent been raped, you better thank God

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I have been. I was a very, very young child, and was continually molested throughout my childhood and into my adolescence. I am not alone.

God doesn't protect children.

edit on 27-10-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I have been. I was a very, very young child, and was continually molested throughout my childhood and into my adolescence. I am not alone.

If you think God could have prevented it, that view can be reconciled with my 1st post

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Without Gods Protection, the Devil would have everyone violated repeatedly
even WITH God's protection the Devil will violate anyone repeatedly ... there's no doubt that it happens.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Without Gods Protection, the Devil would have everyone violated repeatedly
even WITH God's protection the Devil will violate anyone repeatedly ... there's no doubt that it happens.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I don't think that there is a god that interferes with our everyday lives or is watching over over us, listening and judging us as we go.

Nope, I don't think so. And we certainly don't need to elect people who think that God's will is dispensed through government authored legislation. Keep religion inside the walls of the churches and outside the halls of justice, please.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Romans ??? just another third party piece to me ... what's your point ??

edit: fyi, i think its downright hilarious that you posted this one first ... "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose"

which goes right back to my original statement, if it was God's intention for rape/pregnancy, then it was God's intention for the abortion that resulted ... there is no other answer and it is said that we are not meant to know his "purpose", so again, what's your point ???
edit on 27-10-2012 by Honor93 because: edit

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka

If you think God could have prevented it, that view can be reconciled with my 1st post

Wow. It's stunning that I can still be stunned by the religious mindset. Let's recap this exchange:

Person A: My innocence was ripped away. I endured years of horror (child years, which last a lot longer than adult years, even when things are going well).
Person B: Whatever, I'm still right.

You can clearly see what is of utmost importance to person B.

Windword, I wish you strength and I feel for your suffering. It must have been hard to post that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join