It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think my vote will be a write-in for Ron Paul

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

especially when there are people who genuinely ... deserve those votes.

So far, I don't see anyone in this election that deserves to run our country. And frankly, that is how TPTB want it.

/2nd

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I don't understand it either. You need to live in a very warped, very skewed world to insist on voting for someone who doesn't even want the office and think that it will mean something. Especially when there are people who genuinely want and deserve those votes.

It would be that kind of thinking that would lead me to vote for Gary Johnson, and I still might.

However, Gary Johnson can't win, we all know this.

So the way I'm looking at things right now is that a vote for Ron Paul is just as good a vote for Gary Johnson.

One could even argue that Ron Paul is the rightful nominee. That is if Romney were to be disqualified for cheating. Look what happen to Lance Armstrong.

I think all the Obama/Romney voters live in a wrapped world. One where they believe what they are told and do as they are told. All of us massively programmed by years of elite controlled media.
edit on 23-10-2012 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyNeutron

especially when there are people who genuinely ... deserve those votes.

So far, I don't see anyone in this election that deserves to run our country. And frankly, that is how TPTB want it.

/2nd

After researching my state candidates and not finding a decent candidate for certain races, I think you are on to something.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Vote Virgil Goode then, he is on the ballot in many states, Constitutional ticket, very similar stance on issue to Ron Paul, on some more so than Gary Johnson.
edit on 23-10-2012 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This Ron Paul supporter is all in for Gary Johnson. He is on the ballot in 47 states, I believe. His stance on many issues is identical to Ron Paul. Dr. Paul should have given a full endorsement of Gary Johnson on the Tonight Show, instead, he blew his chance because he gave in to the threats.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I agree with your sentiment, but I would rather sit on the couch and watch the final act of this trajedy unfold in HD. I'm not going to weave my way through the sheeple for such a futile reason.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
im fling in my name or RP better than note voting at all ^^ and better than feeling like HAVE TO vote scum in, even though either of the 2 will win either way, cause itss RIGGED

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

Originally posted by onthedownlow
reply to post by IndieA

So, in essence, you have decided to nullify your own vote. Why vote? Do you think someone is going to say, "Wow, this write in vote for Ron Paul is evidence that the voters are unhappy"? Instead of trying to make a difference, you are simply satisfying your own vanity.

First off Romney winning is not going to make very much of a difference. If you haven't figured that out yet and he wins, you will see.

This country needs some major changes if it is to become great again.

Obama promised to make some of those changes but instead made things worst.

I don't believe anything Romney says and you would be wise to do the same. I know the kind of business he does and his business practices are the kind that have been hurting us for the last 10 years.

Yes, someone will see my vote for Ron Paul and they will see many others as well as Gary Johnson votes.
This will be a display of no confidence in the current establishment. How big it will be? Only time will tell.

Why vote? To be heard and to try to make things better. There are also state and local elections and issues to vote on. Those have more importance to me right now. The federal government is broke and lost, imo.
edit on 23-10-2012 by IndieA because: spelling

Well said my friend. These were my thoughts exactly. I'm casting my vote for the individual that I feel is best equipped to lead this country and will sleep well that night knowing that I voted my conscience ... and probably grab a few more silver eagles on the way home because I know that regardless of which candidate wins they won' t stop printing money and I'll a make a decent return over the next four years.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
im fling in my name or RP better than note voting at all ^^ and better than feeling like HAVE TO vote scum in, even though either of the 2 will win either way, cause itss RIGGED

I wrote myself in for senator.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

If RP is elected he would appoint a VP to be confirmed by Congress, by a majority in both houses.
Read the 25th ammendment

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
It would be that kind of thinking that would lead me to vote for Gary Johnson, and I still might.

However, Gary Johnson can't win, we all know this.

So the way I'm looking at things right now is that a vote for Ron Paul is just as good a vote for Gary Johnson.

I think a very, very important piece of this seemingly 'simple' argument that a number of you Ron Paul voters is missing is the following:

Public grants of $18,248,300 went to each of the major parties for their conventions in 2012.

Since no third party candidate received 5% of the vote in 2008, only the Republican and Democratic parties are eligible for 2012 convention grants, and only their nominees may receive grants for the general election when they are nominated. Third-party candidates could qualify for retroactive public funds if they receive 5% or more of the vote in the general election.

That means that if the Libertarian party recieves at least 5% of the vote they're eligible to receive equal amounts of federal funding that the Democrats and Republicans receive for their campaigns in the following election. In 2008 the public funding of presidential campaigns was $139 million (both Obama and McCain declined public funding), in 2000 it was $240 million.

The smaller parties need that funding if they want to even try to participate in future elections or to even exist on some level at all. So voting for a candidate who is actually running is exponentially more beneficial, in the long run, than voting for someone who is not.

Voting for a third party can be beneficial if you do it.

Source 1, the law
Source 2, the FEC explanation of the law

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Very good point. Thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

That's my plan, I decided right after Paul got shafted that I'm writing him in. If these machines will allow that in Ohio.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I'm going with Jill Stein as well. She has all her ducks in a row.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Gary Johnson is ok but no Ron Paul.

Yes, but Gary Johnson IS actually running for president. I actually felt like you a few months ago, until I decided to watch a few Gary Johnson interviews and speeches.

Now I feel like Gary Johnson is what I always wanted Ron Paul to be. He is Ron Paul but more aggressive and assertive.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by Thunderheart

No.

Paul > Johnson > Obama > Any living creature on earth > Romney.

Who gave this a thumbsup??

You think Obama is > you?

oh ok

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

As much as I want to do the same, no write-in has a chance, and I'm convinced that 4 more years of Obama will make the country unrecognizable, and not in a good way.

I know, Romney is no better, but I'm hoping that a Romney election will at least slow down the destruction of the country.

Either way, I've lost all hope. Now it's just a question of where to move to, if we're allowed to leave the country that is.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

did you win? haha

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

My vote may be watsed on Paul or Johnson, but at least my hands are not bloodied! A vote for the lesser of two evils is a vote against freedom and liberty!

if any truely belives in this f'd up system, then no vote is wasted, you are a citezen of the united states, its your right to vote for who you want regardless of how many OTHER people try to sway you into the 2 party system. period

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Come on bro, like theres any other option?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join