It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I think my vote will be a write-in for Ron Paul

page: 4
32
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA
 


I think you should seriously look into wether or not your vote will even make any difference whatsoever in getting Paul into the white house. I know he is eligible as a write in candidate in about 7 states or so, but beyond that I don't think writing his name in is worth any more than the piece of paper his name is written on, given he needs at least 270 electoral votes to even have a chance and even if he had every vote in the states he is eligible in, he would get 133. It won't be counted, for example, in the state of Texas unless Ron Paul is on a write in list for the state. The last time I checked, he is not.
I will be voting for Gary Johnson. At least he has a chance and is registered and on the ballot in 49 states. Your right, it is no Ron Paul, but its better than the two village idiots I saw on TV last night, and its a real chance.




posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA
 

yes i was for ron paul too...but since he has been bought off i see no other choice..and i choose not to waste my vote on someone who will not matter!..so i have come to the thought that what would happen if NOBODY showed up to vote?do ya think (they) would start to get the message?...wakiin-up an tryin to thunk...i think...



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
How many time do we have to hear the Ron Paul fans are going to write him in? Isn't this like the 20 millionth time???

Ron Paul is a loser- he has no clue how America works, and he's either too stupid or too cowardly to run as an independent, so screw him.
edit on 23-10-2012 by CB328 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Voting for Gary Johnson is our best hope to honor Ron Paul, and keep his message alive.....at least he is on the ballot in all 50 states.....having a huge support for a 3rd party canidate is at least a BIG message...and your vote at least may be counted.....lol....don't get me started.......♫



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IndieA
 


You are going to WASTE one of the most important things that you have...A VOTE. I can't believe that with all that has happened with the current administration you are going to write in Ron Paul. Do you think that you are going to appear to be a "Role Model"? Do you want Obama to win OR are you just one of those Obamabots just trying to spread disinformation? I cannot understand your logic if, there is any logic to what your posting. To the rest of you who are going to follow this "strategy", what the hell are you thinking?. Go look into a mirror and and ask yourself, do I really want to waste that vote and put Obama back in office for four more years????



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
a vote for RP or GJ is a vote or obama.
suck it up and vote Barry out of office please.


/thread


Geez.. how many times do I have to un-brainwash people regarding this myth..

Rasmussen: Ron Paul Presidential Bid Would Hurt Obama

As recently of May, this poll shows that if Ron Paul ran 3rd party (against both Romney and Obama), it would HURT Obama, not help him.

I'm not saying this poll represents proof of that this would be the case, but it's enough to prove that the outcome would be uncertain. NOT simply "it'd be a vote for Obama". Stop listening to what MSM tells you



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

Originally posted by Thunderheart
a vote for RP or GJ is a vote or obama.
suck it up and vote Barry out of office please.


/thread


Geez.. how many times do I have to un-brainwash people regarding this myth..

Rasmussen: Ron Paul Presidential Bid Would Hurt Obama

As recently of May, this poll shows that if Ron Paul ran 3rd party (against both Romney and Obama), it would HURT Obama, not help him.

I'm not saying this poll represents proof of that this would be the case, but it's enough to prove that the outcome would be uncertain. NOT simply "it'd be a vote for Obama". Stop listening to what MSM tells you


I think you already know that trolls don't like reality based arguments.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
Who's with me?

I just can't cast a vote for Obama or Romney, the whole thing is a sham. Gary Johnson is ok but no Ron Paul.

I know some of you are with me.
edit on 22-10-2012 by IndieA because: oops



Voting for RP will be a vote for Obama or a wasted vote.
Better GJ and make a third party stronger.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I'm voting for Ron Paul. A vote for what you stand for, in my opinion, is not a wasted vote; if you vote against your own judgment then it's a wasted vote. Most people I know will be voting for Ron Paul.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
How many time do we have to hear the Ron Paul fans are going to write him in? Isn't this like the 20 millionth time???

Ron Paul is a loser- he has no clue how America works, and he's either too stupid or too cowardly to run as an independent, so screw him.
edit on 23-10-2012 by CB328 because: (no reason given)


What's been said in the past is: If he ran as an Independent, and lost, he would have to re-register as a Republican to run for Congress again. It seems you have to have a D or R behind your name to be named to
committees.

He thought that would be used against him that he changed parties back to Republican after each election.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Ron Paul is a loser- he has no clue how America works, and he's either too stupid or too cowardly to run as an independent, so screw him.
edit on 23-10-2012 by CB328 because: (no reason given)


No clue how America works? Really? You choose the strongest defender of the Constitution, since Barry Goldwater, to make that accusation of?

I don't think you have to be extremely to intelligent to understand what the political process does to an independent with no way to fund themselves. So why don't you UNDERSTAND?

I swear the new slogan to ATS is more like 'talk out of my ass' than it is 'deny ignorance'.
edit on 24-10-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IndieA
 


Ron Paul is insane, he'd like to Repeal just about everything to do with equality in this country and leave it to business owners and state legislature to decide if someone can put a whites only sign on the door. I think many people need to read far more into Ron's policies, I'll agree he says we shouldn't be at war a thousand times and hour and that's a great way to garnish support, but that doesn't make him a viable option for office. By the way RP is 77 years old, far to old for me to ever vote for the man, since I'd never vote for anyone over 60 anyway.
edit on 24-10-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13
 


I disagree.

I would say Ron Paul is a voice of reason in an insane world.

I don't like the fact that my fellow Americans and I are robbed by central bankers daily.
I don't like that fact that my tax dollars go to pay for bombs, war, and murder.
I don't like the fact that our government is controlled by special interest and not the people it represents.
I don't like watching more and more of my freedoms and liberties taken away me while I'm told I'm safer.

I'll stop there because now I'm geting upset.
I just wish more people would think for themselves.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yeah Ill write him in too, or go for Johnson,,undecided..



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I was going to write in Ron Paul, but since Paul decided not to endorse a candidate (or tell his voters to write in his name), a vote for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson is the same as a vote for Obama.

I've decided that I'm not going to even play their stupid game. I'm going to sit home and not vote at all. There's no point to vote when you have no choice.



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by IndieA
 


Ron Paul is insane, he'd like to Repeal just about everything to do with equality in this country and leave it to business owners and state legislature to decide if someone can put a whites only sign on the door. I think many people need to read far more into Ron's policies, I'll agree he says we shouldn't be at war a thousand times and hour and that's a great way to garnish support, but that doesn't make him a viable option for office. By the way RP is 77 years old, far to old for me to ever vote for the man, since I'd never vote for anyone over 60 anyway.
edit on 24-10-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)


Please explain to me what is equal about handing an advantage to a person based on their skin color or sex? Isn't that what put us into this situation to begin with? Explain to me what is so wrong with the 1st amendment? Like it or not, people have a RIGHT to be racist in this country if they so choose. Your logic here is that you would rather have our nation engage in endless war rather than elect a 77 year old that would let a business owner exercise his God given right to FREE SPEECH?!



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I know someone counting the early mail in votes, after 1 whole day there may or may not have been 1 single solitary write in vote for Ron Paul, hah, waste of a vote, suck it up, be a man, a vote not for the 2 candidates is a wasted vote.



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I know someone counting the early mail in votes, after 1 whole day there may or may not have been 1 single solitary write in vote for Ron Paul, hah, waste of a vote, suck it up, be a man, a vote not for the 2 candidates is a wasted vote.


And this is why I choose to simply not vote at all. When you have no choice, there's no point in partaking.



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I know someone counting the early mail in votes, after 1 whole day there may or may not have been 1 single solitary write in vote for Ron Paul, hah, waste of a vote, suck it up, be a man, a vote not for the 2 candidates is a wasted vote.


"may or may not have been one vote"

Well was there or not? The above statement alone makes me question if you even know someone counting votes and makes me think that you are lying about this.



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Isn't it strange how we pride ourselves on how many flavors of various things we have to choose from for citizens to pick from, from hundreds of different types of cars, to different flavors of ice cream, to hundreds of different types of clothing. This list is endless thanks to capitalism and competition.

Is it not also strange how the same mechanisms do not exist for our election system in the main stream media that is bought and paid for?

2 Parties the media dances around that are wall street puppets and represent the status quo,
They tell us that picking outside their puppets is a wasted vote, just like picking for someone other than Saddam is a wasted vote as well.


Every person that believes in capitalism should be cheering for other people to pick different people that represent their interests. That is not the case though in the crony capitalism bankster owned media we have now.


A vote for Romney or Obama is a vote for Anti American, Anti Capitalist criminal scum.



new topics

top topics



 
32
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join