It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think my vote will be a write-in for Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I voted for Andre Marrou years ago. Excitedly waiting to see how many votes he received, I was appalled to see in the paper the next day that he received -O- votes! I marched down to the Board of Elections and demanded an explanation. I said he should have received at least ONE. I was informed that candidates receiving below some arbitrary number were "donated" to the candidate that carried the county. I tore my voter registration card up then and there and requested to be removed from the rolls so that I would not be called for jury duty. I live in another county now, and voted Ron Paul as a write-in last election, the first time I voted since my outrage. I have never been called for jury duty.
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Wow! I didn't know they did that! That really goes to show you how corrupt the voting system in this country really is. They give the write in candidate votes to the candidate who carried the country? That really gets me mad.
I bet a lot of voters are not aware of this. We call this a democracy when your vote can be given away without you knowing it?

Those of you who vote the 2 party system and think supporting them is helping this country should take note of this post. Even if there is only one vote for an opposition party, your vote should count, period. How can any party outside the 2 major party system gain any kind of recognition and public support when the unpopular vote is swept under the rug. I would give you more stars if I could, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
edit on 23-10-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I don't think I've ever voted 'for' a person / party.
For the past 30 years my votes have gone to anyone BUT a republican or democrat

I'm tired of getting screw the same way by 2 different ideologies

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
Who's with me?

I just can't cast a vote for Obama or Romney, the whole thing is a sham. Gary Johnson is ok but no Ron Paul.

I know some of you are with me.
edit on 22-10-2012 by IndieA because: oops

Maybe you can post the where and how to write somebody in. Some states require you to mail something.
Ideas or any of you know of a website that shows what each state requires regarding write-in?

RP write-in, I'm in.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

In Florida there is a write-in spot below the canidates.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

So, in essence, you have decided to nullify your own vote. Why vote? Do you think someone is going to say, "Wow, this write in vote for Ron Paul is evidence that the voters are unhappy"? Instead of trying to make a difference, you are simply satisfying your own vanity.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I am in. Unfortunately, I couldn't get 100% behind Gary Johnson. Maybe if I believed he had a real chance of winning, since I like him a thousand times more than Romney or Obama, but this is more of a conscience vote for me than anything else. I support Ron Paul over Gary Johnson and even if my vote doesn't count in the presidential race, there is still the local election to think about.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'll be voting for Gary Johnson, He's the one on the ballot, I think he'd be our best bet at a major stake on election day. If we are gonna win the style of government they both stand for, we need to stick together.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I like Ron Paul but I absolutely loath obama and his lying. When Howdy Doody ( my wife calls him that) or his son becomes a legitimate candidate I will vote for which ever,otherwise I have to vote against obama.

obama should be impeached and tried for murder over the Bengazi mess.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I've been a huge Ron Paul supporter. Wrote him in in '08. This year I'm voting Gary Johnson. I would have written-in Dr. Paul if he had run as an independent but I feel he caved. This, too, will be a vote on conscience.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If he's not formally standing then why vote for him? That makes no sense. I might as well vote for David Lloyd George. He's not standing, but I agree with what he stands for.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I'll be voting the same, so will my wife.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow
reply to post by IndieA

So, in essence, you have decided to nullify your own vote. Why vote? Do you think someone is going to say, "Wow, this write in vote for Ron Paul is evidence that the voters are unhappy"? Instead of trying to make a difference, you are simply satisfying your own vanity.

First off Romney winning is not going to make very much of a difference. If you haven't figured that out yet and he wins, you will see.

This country needs some major changes if it is to become great again.

Obama promised to make some of those changes but instead made things worst.

I don't believe anything Romney says and you would be wise to do the same. I know the kind of business he does and his business practices are the kind that have been hurting us for the last 10 years.

Yes, someone will see my vote for Ron Paul and they will see many others as well as Gary Johnson votes.
This will be a display of no confidence in the current establishment. How big it will be? Only time will tell.

Why vote? To be heard and to try to make things better. There are also state and local elections and issues to vote on. Those have more importance to me right now. The federal government is broke and lost, imo.
edit on 23-10-2012 by IndieA because: spelling

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

I don't understand it either. You need to live in a very warped, very skewed world to insist on voting for someone who doesn't even want the office and think that it will mean something. Especially when there are people who genuinely want and deserve those votes.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

I voted for Andre Marrou years ago. Excitedly waiting to see how many votes he received, I was appalled to see in the paper the next day that he received -O- votes! I marched down to the Board of Elections and demanded an explanation. I said he should have received at least ONE. I was informed that candidates receiving below some arbitrary number were "donated" to the candidate that carried the county. I tore my voter registration card up then and there and requested to be removed from the rolls so that I would not be called for jury duty. I live in another county now, and voted Ron Paul as a write-in last election, the first time I voted since my outrage. I have never been called for jury duty.
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Wow! I didn't know they did that! That really goes to show you how corrupt the voting system in this country really is. They give the write in candidate votes to the candidate who carried the country? That really gets me mad.
I bet a lot of voters are not aware of this. We call this a democracy when your vote can be given away without you knowing it?

Those of you who vote the 2 party system and think supporting them is helping this country should take note of this post. Even if there is only one vote for an opposition party, your vote should count, period. How can any party outside the 2 major party system gain any kind of recognition and public support when the unpopular vote is swept under the rug. I would give you more stars if I could, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
edit on 23-10-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

It was a shock. Andre Marrou (L) was not a write-in candidate. He was on the ballot. Also, my vote was donated to who carried my COUNTY, not the whole country.

But, in another sad state of affairs in above mentioned, though unnamed county, they left a whole card or two out of the count in the last election, as well. They were 'misplaced" and not located until after the election was officially over.

This is why my original post was about my current plans to picket the election to vote for "none of the above".
They will count, not count, however they wish, but a whole slew of NOTA votes might get their attention a lot quicker than "no shows". They would chalk that up to apathy.

Edit to add: The cards represent everybody who voted using those particular touch screen machines.
edit on 23-10-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Gary Johnson is the man! Mr. Johnson stands for the same as Ron Paul!

edit on 23-10-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Your vote IS worth something. Voting for one of the Rep. or Dem. candidtates because Ron Paul "Won't win anyway" is accurate, yet lame, and isn't moving forward. Vote for WHO YOU WANT TO BE PRESIDENT. If people continually give in to the "2 candidates" theory, nothing will change.

Vote for who you want to be president, regardless if it is a write-in or not.
edit on 23-10-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

My vote may be watsed on Paul or Johnson, but at least my hands are not bloodied! A vote for the lesser of two evils is a vote against freedom and liberty!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by capone1

My vote may be watsed on Paul or Johnson, but at least my hands are not bloodied! A vote for the lesser of two evils is a vote against freedom and liberty!

Exactly. Your integrity is who you are. So 4 years from now, you can say "I voted for what was in my heart and mind, not for who I was told to vote for."

edit on 23-10-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by Thunderheart

No.

Paul > Johnson > Obama > Any living creature on earth > Romney.

I think you are being a little overly generous... The reality is probably more like:

Paul > Johnson > Any living creature on earth > Obamney

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Not voting or voting for the lesser of two evils is accepting a rudderless future.
A write in for Dr. Paul makes a clear statement, " ENOUGH B.S. !"
The only way to advance the Ron Paul Revolution is through the people.
It's up to us to decide our own future.Apathy leads to bondage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join