It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESO set to make astounding disclosure!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thomasjveil

Can you perhaps elaborate a bit more. What did your contact reveal to you? Anything at all or was this it?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
We should have our own earth shattering conference,.,.,. pick a galaxy,,, any one really far away,,,, and say we discovered a million habitable planets,,,,,,

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think what we're missing here is this planet is orbiting the NEAREST STAR FROM EARTH. Almost a perfect clone in size from our own, at the closest star. Pretty exciting

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I would like to be excited about this (and I`m not even looking for disclosure or something like that), but it looks like is just another Earth like planet, which is nothing really new.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrustEvery1
I think what we're missing here is this planet is orbiting the NEAREST STAR FROM EARTH. Almost a perfect clone in size from our own, at the closest star. Pretty exciting

its also orbiting at a distance similar to mercury,,, i think ive read..

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well I'm very excited about this personally! I'm not getting any younger and this is just one more baby step closer (I hope) to finding life else where...out there.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
I would like to be excited about this (and I`m not even looking for disclosure or something like that), but it looks like is just another Earth like planet, which is nothing really new.

I understand that, but the point they aren't clarify too much is that this planet is the only logical planet to travel to IF we can ever get there. It's at the closest sun from earth. To have a planet almost the exact same size as earth and the closest possible star to earth....is pretty amazing to say the least.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

Pretty sure this was already announced today actually. I saw the article but didn't read it - headline was "Planet Found that has two suns".

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I thought that was 4 suns? Well if this isn't it then damn, what could it be?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
i dont know if you guys know because i'm not reading this whole thread but its just a planet with 4 suns

notting too special

Well, I read every single post on this thread because I find the idea of a big disclosure exciting. I share in my excitement will all the others on here and enjoy everyone's theories on what it could possibly be.

So, read the entire thread and you, too, might find yourself getting caught up with the rest of us. :-)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

i dont know if you guys know because i'm not reading this whole thread but its just a planet with 4 suns

notting too special

Well, I read every single post on this thread because I find the idea of a big disclosure exciting. I share in my excitement will all the others on here and enjoy everyone's theories on what it could possibly be.

So, read the entire thread and you, too, might find yourself getting caught up with the rest of us. :-)

I made an account just so I could join in! Been lurking for years and this thread finally made me post!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrustEvery1

Originally posted by texasgirl

notting too special

I made an account just so I could join in! Been lurking for years and this thread finally made me post!

Fantastic! Welcome to ATS and enjoy the ride!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TrustEvery1

Yeah, I think you are probably correct. Maybe I`m too hard to impress lol

But lets wait for tomorrow to see if this leak is for real.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kryton
Even if we find an exact copy of Earth...

What good is it if we can't get there?

Wouldn't these minds be better used for creating a ship to go explore?

The odds of finding an exact copy of Earth are astronomical, won't ever happen.

Same atmospheric conditions, land mass, water conditions, gravity would be to name but a handful of the conditions which would make this even a BIT of a copy.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yeah, well...I guess we wait until tomorrow to see if this was in fact the leak

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownEntity
Will we witness true disclosure by ESO this Tuesday, 17th Oct. 2012? That is the buzz in astro-scientist circles today. What is special about this discovery, as yet kept in dark veil, is that on twitter and some email lists (which I follow for asteroid and comet detection news) the topic is focused only on the exoplanet news which ESO will break.

I quote from the ESO website itself: "European astronomers have used facilities at ESO’s La Silla Observatory to discover a remarkable exoplanet. The results will appear online in the journal Nature on 17 October 2012.

ESO will hold an online press conference to announce the results and assess their impact, offering journalists the opportunity to discuss with the scientists. The conference will take place on Tuesday 16 October 2012 at 16:00 CEST."

Focus on the words, 'remarkable exoplanet', 'announce the result and assess their (results') impact'. TPTB in astronomy and astrophysics are extremely tight lipped about this.
I can truly say this much, the media conference shall evoke a shock and awe effect, the likes of which have not been discussed in many many years. Be prepared and listen, watch the web, tweeter feeds, emailing lists and what not, because come tomorrow, we will be floored!

I urge my fello brothers and sisters on ATS to add whatever info you may gather or that which you may already have on this topic here. I am excited, the time has come.

Link: www.eso.org...

I hope you can accept my apology for my earlier post about it not being you who originally wrote the article
i should of looked into it before agreeing with the other poster joneselus.
my apologies

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You have to be kidding me. THIS is astounding??

If you want something really astounding then gather an experienced speologist team and head into the deep unexplored caves. I hope they have more than just a flashlight; a gun with lots of ammo, rebreather unit, lots of rope, gps, knives, and a little magic powder.

Chances are extremely high you won't make it back, not because you will be lost or die from natural depths, but because you will become a prisoner of war.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So.........if all this stuff is out there....yet we "cant get there".....wtf is the purpose of it all then? Cant even see exoplanets without serious equipment.....

I think we can get there....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just as some guys before me said, I've been around ATS for some time but this one thread made me want to register here...

I really wanted to be more excited about this disclosure, but from what I know about the scientific community, it's not likely that what may be a 8 out of 10 for them is indeed the same for us, I mean, the average ATS user.

While I hope to be proved wrong, I don't think this is gonna be any real big deal...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iam'___'
I've been keeping an eye on this and no news leaked out yet.

That either means that the news is mundane and not worth breaching from the msn point of view or that the shizz has hit the fan and they've all ducked under the radar.

Methinks the former or else the bigwigs would be safely tucked away in there underground empires by now.

(I just realised i don't know anybody that owns an underground empire, maybe murdoch, best chum blair, and their bosses the rothschilds are all huddled together in an extremely expensive fetus position. Be funny to catch 'em in that 'GOTCHA' position, lol)

LOL Yeah I guess TEOTWAWKI I got no where to go either...which isn't that the theory? LOL

I am going to go with mundane just so I can sleep tonight and not have Nibiru nightmares! LOL

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join