It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESO set to make astounding disclosure!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This may be an off topic post and may get flagged but does anybody remember the Dan Akroyd O'Hare Airport UFO thread? His new DVD was to have this information on it, I cant find the threat at all

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Lets just wait and hope for the best.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrustEvery1
This may be an off topic post and may get flagged but does anybody remember the Dan Akroyd O'Hare Airport UFO thread? His new DVD was to have this information on it, I cant find the threat at all

Heck yes, this was one MAIN thread here. I remember there was talks about footage "to be released" in some show..but i never saw it.

Edit: Please use ATS search function, "O'Hare UFO", you will find plenty!
edit on 16-10-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thanks!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kryton
Even if we find an exact copy of Earth...

What good is it if we can't get there?

It allow for an average approximation of earth-like worlds in our galaxy, which would be an extraordinary thing.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Maybe this announcement was cancelled.
I thought it was today?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yes, not being able to get there and *knowing* there are some fantastic , super-Earths somewhere is kind of sobering. But personally I think it's only a matter of time until we have the tech. The closest star Alpha Centauri is "only" 4.36 light years away, this sounds almost doable if one considers some sort of "generation ship" or something like that. And don't forget warp drive is, in theory, possible now. The rest is research/engineering etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I've been keeping an eye on this and no news leaked out yet.

That either means that the news is mundane and not worth breaching from the msn point of view or that the shizz has hit the fan and they've all ducked under the radar.

Methinks the former or else the bigwigs would be safely tucked away in there underground empires by now.

(I just realised i don't know anybody that owns an underground empire, maybe murdoch, best chum blair, and their bosses the rothschilds are all huddled together in an extremely expensive fetus position. Be funny to catch 'em in that 'GOTCHA' position, lol)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
SO.......

When will they make this announcement? Today is Tuesday in the US but its not the 17th. ??

Im excited.... but I doubt there is anything to be excited over. We already know there are other planets that could support life. Its really a no brainer. What could they possibly say we do not know as of yet? Aliens? I don't know...

link   
They've already said it's an exoplanet. But why would this be so super amazing compared to the other exoplanets? Either this planet is MUCH closer to earth, same size as earth or they've gotten a signal similiar to the WOW! Signal from the 70's.

link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

Forget it. The answer was at the end which is where I should have gone first.

Okay, is it supposed to be this Tuesday "October 16th" or Wednesday "October 17th"? It's Tuesday. Has anything come of this?
edit on 16-10-2012 by dariousg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pheniks

Thank you, my friend. Regardless of the announcement it is going to be an amazing day. Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownEntity
Will we witness true disclosure by ESO this Tuesday, 17th Oct. 2012?

Impossible.
the 17th is a Wednesday.........

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Congrats to you and your wife. And thank you to everyone for the well wishes.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownEntity

I quote from the ESO website itself: "European astronomers have used facilities at ESO’s La Silla Observatory to discover a remarkable exoplanet. The results will appear online in the journal Nature on 17 October 2012.

On seeing that, my immediate thought was of this:

www.sciencedaily.com...

Though I'm sure there are many other remarkable exoplanets!

The ESA statement suggests 'disclosure' (by which I assume you mean that aliens are visiting Earth) in the same way it suggest that it's been discovered volcanoes are made of chocolate

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wishful thinking here, but maybe the news is SO BIG that ESO want's it announced to The World simultaneously.
Then again it will be probably something quite mundane.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

Is this not the announcement? www.wired.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i dont know if you guys know because i'm not reading this whole thread but its just a planet with 4 suns

notting too special

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
wow i just read some comments and you guys have no idea

they've even talked about it on the news already, unless its something else, but i'm pretty sure its the planet with 4 suns

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
First let me say, i want to be excited as much as most of us here. I've found some more info.

Warning: Don't click the link if you want the excitement to last to a least until tomorrow!!

?
edit on 16-10-2012 by talklikeapirat because: "^^

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join