Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 9
44
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
He probably just came from divorce court and the judge gave her the car and made him fill it up before handing it over! Which reminds me of a good lawyer joke.

A guy storms into a bar. He storms up to the bar and loudly orders a shot of whiskey and a beer. He downs that and starts yelling about how he just left divorce court and her lawyer took him for everything he had. He yelled : ALL LAWYERS ARE ASSHOLES!!! A guy sitting at the other end of the bar says: Hey! I resent that remark! The angry guy saunters over to the guy at the end of the bar and says: Why? You a lawyer? The guy says: No! I'm an ASSHOLE!




posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by Iwinder
 


I'll tell you something else, which I actually wanted to post before but reconsidered.
I am telling it now because it is relevant to "gut feelings".

A few years ago a good friend of mine met a man at a vernissage.
My friend is highly intelligent (and I am not just saying that), but she also likes the company of handsome men; and this man was unusually, extraordinarily, incredibly handsome. She said she had never seen anyone quite as handsome before. They talked and sipped wine and talked some more - all very innocent, no improper innuendos. The man also seemed to be very well-liked by everyone present.

As she was leaving the art gallery, this man (already in his car) offered to give her a lift home. She declined, and he insisted, but not in an unpleasant way. He said that he couldn't sleep unless he knew she arrived home safely - joking, of course, but in a nice and charming way.
As she lived nearby - so the ride couldn't take long anyway - and he was very charming she finally accepted.
He stepped out of the car and opened the other car door for her.
As she was about to slip into the car, standing very close to him and his smiling, amazingly beautiful face, she was suddenly struck by a totally irrational premonition that this man was going to harm her. She said her blood suddenly ran cold - so much so that she felt almost nauseous.

So she quickly invented an excuse - that she had to go back because she had forgotten something - and he said he would wait for her. She said it wasn't necessary, but he insisted.
She quickly went inside and asked a friend if she would come back home with her. But the friend was reluctant to leave, so my friend looked for a backdoor exit. Luckily they had one. She used it and hurried home.

Back home she felt very annoyed with herself - she had never done anything like that before - and for the next few days mulled over her own "stupidity" for standing up such a hunk.

Maybe ten or fifteen days later - less than a month later - she suddenly saw his unforgettable face on the TV news.
He had killed several women.











edit on 15-10-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)



Very good post and I see by your history and posting this is not a joke, Your friend had the same thoughts I did but much more important ones I think.
I hope a lot of ladies here on this thread read your post.

I think the theme here, (even if I started the thread) is listen to your inner self and your instincts.

Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The human species, while capable of great acts of kindness and generosity, is also capable of acts of great evil and selfishness. The fact is, we are a weak species. We are cowards by default that some how learn to survive during hard times. The core reason for this is emotion. The survival instinct contradicts with emotion, yet survival left unchecked leads to greed. Our entire existence is a contradiction and that is our challenge. People fear change. People fear those that aren't within their own circle. People fear opinion. And people fear that which will keep them alive. Controversy is both a blessing and a curse.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Dishonored because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Your story took me back to when I lived in a major city here in the U.S. You said you used to work in a brewery. I'm taking that as English slang for being a bartender? I used to drive cab in this one big city for a number of years so I've seen my share of "characters". Being in the public sector like this I''m sure you know what I mean when I say that you have good people who make bad choices, and then you just have bad seeds. They were born bad, they live bad and they're going to die that way.

There was this one guy who I remember getting that impression about........that you just don't want to know this guy. The thing with me is that I can tell a bit about people by looking at their eyes. Before I watch their mannerisms, body language and how they are around other people........it's their eyes. It's a habit I got into from being in the public sector for so long. It's a defense mechanism I guess. So I'm sure you know that some people have eyes that just seem to kind of see through you in a way. Piercing. Sometimes it's a good thing, like bedroom eyes or "Bette Davis" eyes or whatever, but sometimes there's just nothing good about it. They give you bad vibes.

This guy was a pretty shady character to begin with because of what he did for money. One day I was sitting on a car in an apartment complex I lived in as him and two other men were talking to this other kid about something. You could tell this guy was upset about something. Not "waving his gun in the air" angry, but upset. I was 50 feet away or so made a conscious effort not to look at him because even though I didn't know him personally, I knew of him, and I knew he was the type you didn't want to draw attention to. But the kid he was talking to and me knew each other casually, so the guy in question looks over and calls me over. I go over there and the first thing I noticed were his eyes. There was something dead and unfeeling about that man that I've never seen before and I don't ever want to see again.

My first thought was that yeah, the streets can make you rough around the edges, but that wasn't quite explaining this guy. There was just something really off about him. Not in a crazy way, just in very real and recognizably evil way. Bad vibe X's a thousand. When you talk to people like that in situations like that, you look them in the eye and vice versa. If you don't, you're lying. It doesn't matter if you're nervous so you don't want to make eye contact, and telling the truth, if you don't give someone else the kind of respect that eye contact gives, you're lying when you're talking. And someone like that you don't want to give the impression that you're lying.

So I looked him in the eye, told him what I knew about what we were talking about, and left. I made myself scarce from that complex for awhile just so I wouldn't have to deal him. That's how bad the feeling was. I don't think I've ever met anyone before him or since that made want to actually leave an area so I don't run the chance of bumping into them again. That guy just spooked the hell out of me. Even for the area I lived in at the time, this guy was bad news.

On a side note OP, how many more of these types of threads do you think we'll be seeing around here as we edge up closer to Halloween?

Just curious.




posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSDDay
For some reason the way you conveyed your story I thought you were a woman and when you said you were headed home to your wife, I laughed a little inside! What made you so scared of a complete stranger that you would stop pumping gas when you were only 20% through? Seems weird to me.. I can't relate..


If you take the time to read through this thread and I do realize that is asking a bit as this thread is quite large. You will find lots of posts with people relating their stories of how they were sure they averted disaster just by going with their instincts...

I truly cannot explain it in full detail because it was something I have never had happen before.

Have you never ever had a feeling that just seems to pop into your mind?
Have you ever in your lifetime looked at something or someone and said to yourself that this is not safe?
If not I can't express myself well enough to explain it to you but if or when it does happen to you, rest assured you will know it.


Thanks very much for your post.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Bumped into people like this before, they totally throw off your whole mental balance for days or weeks and can lead to depression as well.

Lots of negative energy, negative thoughts, an aura, can be projected onto other people which is why I try to keep certain people at arms length to avoid being "contaminated" by their feelings.

Try standing in front of a mirror, staring at yourself (your eyes) for a little while without blinking or turning away - this should reset whatever got knocked off key.
edit on 15-10-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)


I don't know if it depressed me but it sure as heck threw me off balance here.

Thanks for your advice and helpful suggestions.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 



To be honest at times it may. I hope that does not sound to strange but if something has become my "iron sight" so to speak I try to keep it in sight . If not I end up feeling very drained an totally lose focus. I am really struggling trying to explain this as I have never tried to explain it before.

It is almost as if I need that person or thing at that time to draw from and bring things into a clear view.

Granted it is not this way every time, but there are times it is like this.

Raist



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Your story took me back to when I lived in a major city here in the U.S. You said you used to work in a brewery. I'm taking that as English slang for being a bartender? I used to drive cab in this one big city for a number of years so I've seen my share of "characters". Being in the public sector like this I''m sure you know what I mean when I say that you have good people who make bad choices, and then you just have bad seeds. They were born bad, they live bad and they're going to die that way.

There was this one guy who I remember getting that impression about........that you just don't want to know this guy. The thing with me is that I can tell a bit about people by looking at their eyes. Before I watch their mannerisms, body language and how they are around other people........it's their eyes. It's a habit I got into from being in the public sector for so long. It's a defense mechanism I guess. So I'm sure you know that some people have eyes that just seem to kind of see through you in a way. Piercing. Sometimes it's a good thing, like bedroom eyes or "Bette Davis" eyes or whatever, but sometimes there's just nothing good about it. They give you bad vibes.

This guy was a pretty shady character to begin with because of what he did for money. One day I was sitting on a car in an apartment complex I lived in as him and two other men were talking to this other kid about something. You could tell this guy was upset about something. Not "waving his gun in the air" angry, but upset. I was 50 feet away or so made a conscious effort not to look at him because even though I didn't know him personally, I knew of him, and I knew he was the type you didn't want to draw attention to. But the kid he was talking to and me knew each other casually, so the guy in question looks over and calls me over. I go over there and the first thing I noticed were his eyes. There was something dead and unfeeling about that man that I've never seen before and I don't ever want to see again.

My first thought was that yeah, the streets can make you rough around the edges, but that wasn't quite explaining this guy. There was just something really off about him. Not in a crazy way, just in very real and recognizably evil way. Bad vibe X's a thousand. When you talk to people like that in situations like that, you look them in the eye and vice versa. If you don't, you're lying. It doesn't matter if you're nervous so you don't want to make eye contact, and telling the truth, if you don't give someone else the kind of respect that eye contact gives, you're lying when you're talking. And someone like that you don't want to give the impression that you're lying.

So I looked him in the eye, told him what I knew about what we were talking about, and left. I made myself scarce from that complex for awhile just so I wouldn't have to deal him. That's how bad the feeling was. I don't think I've ever met anyone before him or since that made want to actually leave an area so I don't run the chance of bumping into them again. That guy just spooked the hell out of me. Even for the area I lived in at the time, this guy was bad news.

On a side note OP, how many more of these types of threads do you think we'll be seeing around here as we edge up closer to Halloween?

Just curious.



Thanks for your very good story and I believe every word you typed here, Yep it's the eyes for sure and your inner sense that something is wrong and about to go real bad.

I've been threatened with death on the job, been told to watch my back door at night, been told to watch out for my wife, a lot of stuff but most was beer talking and then some.

This guy rattled me to the core for no reason whatsoever at all and I am at a loss to explain my fear of him.

Halloween has nothing to do with what I posted and I hope everyone realizes that



Good post and I thank you for contributing to this discussion.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by Iwinder
 



To be honest at times it may. I hope that does not sound to strange but if something has become my "iron sight" so to speak I try to keep it in sight . If not I end up feeling very drained an totally lose focus. I am really struggling trying to explain this as I have never tried to explain it before.

It is almost as if I need that person or thing at that time to draw from and bring things into a clear view.

Granted it is not this way every time, but there are times it is like this.

Raist


I appreciate you taking the time to try and explain something that is not easy to explain.

I am trying to understand what you are trying to explain, I figure from your post that it works very well for you?
However I feel that what you do would not raise the alarms in my head like the gas station guy did and I am fairly confident in that statement.

I truly appreciate your contributions to this thread.

Thanks very much,
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 




I am just hoping it makes some sense to others. I have never explained it before so I am not exactly sure how to put it to words.

It might be very different from what the guy was doing. If so the only other thought I can think of is he was displaying a power struggle where the weaker (not saying you are) backs down he he is on top of the pecking order.


Raist



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist
 

Good analogy with your post and thoughts, I did not see it as a power thing but it very well could have been.
All I know is he is one evil person in my opinion only.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Iwinder, very interesting story!

The first thing that comes to my mind are stories from those who claim to had encounters with ET dressed up as a human beeing. You´ll find bits and pieces of those stories in odd places, like in the "penetration" book by remote viewer Ingo Swan. Pretty fringe stuff but i find it interesting none the less and many of them describe an unexplainable intense fear beeing near this entities.

I have no clue but my gut tells me that there is something of significance in those stories.



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomra
Iwinder, very interesting story!

The first thing that comes to my mind are stories from those who claim to had encounters with ET dressed up as a human beeing. You´ll find bits and pieces of those stories in odd places, like in the "penetration" book by remote viewer Ingo Swan. Pretty fringe stuff but i find it interesting none the less and many of them describe an unexplainable intense fear beeing near this entities.

I have no clue but my gut tells me that there is something of significance in those stories.


I have never even really considered that angle to things, this guy seemed really human to me and with that said I have never had a human being upset me like this guy did.

You may be on to something here.

Thanks for your nice post and information.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I used to work in logging. At night i was driving along a logging road when I came across a guy standing on the side of the road hitch-hiking in a white suit. It was pitch dark, and on a very remote stretch of gravel road deep in the rockies, not a place for a suit. I thought he was stranded, and knowing I was likely the only other guy out here besides possibly some campers, I slowed down and asked him if he needed help. He didn't answer, but kept looking down the road with his thumb still out. I knew I was being pranked, but I still freaked and peeled out of there. I looked in the rear-view, and as he was engulfed by the darkness, he neither flinched nor stopped hitchhiking, just kept staring down the deserted road in his white suit.

But yeah great story! Your guy probably had a mental issue.
edit on 15-10-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by Iwinder
 


I'll tell you something else, which I actually wanted to post before but reconsidered.
I am telling it now because it is relevant to "gut feelings".

A few years ago a good friend of mine met a man at a vernissage.
My friend is highly intelligent (and I am not just saying that), but she also likes the company of handsome men; and this man was unusually, extraordinarily, incredibly handsome. She said she had never seen anyone quite as handsome before. They talked and sipped wine and talked some more - all very innocent, no improper innuendos. The man also seemed to be very well-liked by everyone present.

As she was leaving the art gallery, this man (already in his car) offered to give her a lift home. She declined, and he insisted, but not in an unpleasant way. He said that he couldn't sleep unless he knew she arrived home safely - joking, of course, but in a nice and charming way.
As she lived nearby - so the ride couldn't take long anyway - and he was very charming she finally accepted.
He stepped out of the car and opened the other car door for her.
As she was about to slip into the car, standing very close to him and his smiling, amazingly beautiful face, she was suddenly struck by a totally irrational premonition that this man was going to harm her. She said her blood suddenly ran cold - so much so that she felt almost nauseous.

So she quickly invented an excuse - that she had to go back because she had forgotten something - and he said he would wait for her. She said it wasn't necessary, but he insisted.
She quickly went inside and asked a friend if she would come back home with her. But the friend was reluctant to leave, so my friend looked for a backdoor exit. Luckily they had one. She used it and hurried home.

Back home she felt very annoyed with herself - she had never done anything like that before - and for the next few days mulled over her own "stupidity" for standing up such a hunk.

Maybe ten or fifteen days later - less than a month later - she suddenly saw his unforgettable face on the TV news.
He had killed several women.











edit on 15-10-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)


This kind of sounds like a similar story involving Ted Bundy...actually, it was Debbie Harry from Blondie (before she got famous) was picked up and noticed no door handle on her side. I think she either pushed or kicked the car door open and rolled out and it wasn't that he was caught that she knew she was lucky.



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I work with the public so every once in a while I do come across a person who gives off a down-right evil vibe. There have been times when I handed the person off to a co-worker because I just couldn't deal with the menacing aura coming from that person (and by the way both males and females). Have you ever read "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin Debecker? He talks about how we all have an instinct to know when we are in danger but we often ignore it out of a feeling of obligation to be 'polite'.

Sal



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
I used to work in logging. At night i was driving along a logging road when I came across a guy standing on the side of the road hitch-hiking in a white suit. It was pitch dark, and on a very remote stretch of gravel road deep in the rockies, not a place for a suit. I thought he was stranded, and knowing I was likely the only other guy out here besides possibly some campers, I slowed down and asked him if he needed help. He didn't answer, but kept looking down the road with his thumb still out. I knew I was being pranked, but I still freaked and peeled out of there. I looked in the rear-view, and as he was engulfed by the darkness, he neither flinched nor stopped hitchhiking, just kept staring down the deserted road in his white suit.

But yeah great story! Your guy probably had a mental issue.
edit on 15-10-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)


I don't think he had a mental issue, but then I am not a professional health person either. Your story is great and do you really think you were just being pranked?

The reason I ask is I know logging roads and they are not that busy, for a prank to work you need traffic but you know better than I do for sure because its your turf.
Regardless thanks for adding to the thread.
Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SallieSunshine
I work with the public so every once in a while I do come across a person who gives off a down-right evil vibe. There have been times when I handed the person off to a co-worker because I just couldn't deal with the menacing aura coming from that person (and by the way both males and females). Have you ever read "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin Debecker? He talks about how we all have an instinct to know when we are in danger but we often ignore it out of a feeling of obligation to be 'polite'.

Sal


Excellent post and I thank you for the information involving Gavin Debecker and his work the gift of fear.

I happen to really enjoy reading so this is a no brainer for me, I'll check out the book stores tomorrow.

Thanks so much for the information.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ive had similar type experiences before, I dont have to look in peoples eyes I just get alarm bells in my head around some people. I sometimes get paranoid but its an empty paranoia usually. But now and then I feel like a wave of paranoia rising up through me and thats when I know I have to get out of situations etc.

1st I used to work in my dads shop, Id been there for a few years and seen probably hundereds/thousands of different people in there and never thought twice about any of them. Then one day I arrive there and head behind the counter and there was a guy sat waiting for his food and I literally couldnt take my eyes off him, It wasnt bad vibes or anything just something about this guy that wasnt right and I knew it 100%. The guy even noticed and he caught my eye, usually if someone catches my eye I quickly look away, but I just kept staring, I couldnt stop lol and an uneasy look came over his face and he got twitchy and nervous. So anyway I had to go do some work so I left and forgot about the guy.....

Skip to maybe a month later we get a letter from a tv channel telling us our shop is being featured on a show about unhygenic food premises (this was a conspiracy/set up in itself which I wont go into, but I will tell you we had that shop for over 10 years without ever having a problem with that sort of stuff).

So anyway I watch the show and the tv show presenter interviews the 'investigator' who was in our shop wearing the hidden camera. I think by now you have guessed who was wearing the hidden camera....... Yep it was the guy who for some reason I couldnt stop staring at. Ive never forgotten this incident lol, To this day I still dont know why I clicked on to him, I just knew he wasnt right.

The funny thing is, on the show where they run through some of the footage they filmed on the hidden camera, you can see me stood there staring him down but my face is blurred out.



Also one night while doing that same job, I was delivering food in our van and pulled up at traffic lights next to this car. It stood out to me and once again my alarm bells were going and I didnt know why, but the lights changed to green and we drove off our seperate ways. About 2 hours later I find out that a drunk guy had stormed a bar with a shot gun and threatened somebody in there. Can you guess what car he had been driving that I seen the police crawling all over???
edit on 15-10-2012 by Idonthaveabeard because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
When I was in my early teens I visited Peru with my parents and sister. We were walking through the bazaar in Cuzco, my sister and I together, my mother a bit behind us and my father last. Two men in their late 20s/early 30s passed us, one with light hair and eyes and the other with brown hair and eyes, both smiling and very pleasant looking. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and it felt as if I had no air to breathe. My sister started walking faster and we were all quiet as we passed.

When we had left them far enough behind us I look at my mother who is ashen and my father (who is a tough Alsatian) also drawn and pale. We all looked at one another and he said "I don't know who those men are but they've done bad things". We all simultaneously felt something very wrong about these two ostensibly pleasant men and now over 20 years later, I still remember their eyes and smiles. I am still disturbed.
edit on 15-10-2012 by RoyBatty because: commas





new topics
top topics
 
44
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join