Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 6
45
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by abeverage
 


I can relate to the "take my soul" feeling, I did not feel physically threatened it was something stronger than that, It is very hard to explain.

He just seemed to project evil for lack of a better word.
Regards, Iwinder



Same feeling almost dream like dread where it is like...WHOA am I really feeling an evil presence? Yeah spooky indeed!




posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite

Originally posted by Sissel
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Ya, so when did you speak with this person staring at you?

Quite the misleading title, no?

Maybe the guy was having a bad day and giving off vibes. I am sure you have days where people are put off by your appearance alone.

i don't believe the title misleading at all - thanks for your input; albeit flippant, imho!

back on point - yes, i've had a few people i did not wish to be around and took steps to avoid these people but not for the same reason -




Exactly. The title isn't misleading at all. I suspect you read it very "diagonally" and misread a certain word.
It stands to reason you also read the rest of it all too hastily. Why comment on it, then?


As for the OP, I'll go with all those who say you should always trust your gut feelings.
You have them for a reason.






edit on 15-10-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
OP, i had the same exact experience, 3 years ago, same car, same situation



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas
 

"As for the OP, I'll go with all those who say you should always trust your gut feelings.
You have them for a reason."

Great advice, I had no choice but to go with my gut feelings. There is no way I could have ignored the sirens going off in my head and my hair standing up.

Thanks for your addition.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
OP, i had the same exact experience, 3 years ago, same car, same situation


If you are serious post what happened to you please, if your post is sarcasm please don't post one line jabs here if you don't mind.

Thanks.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is one of the creepiest and scariest moments in my life of nearly 50years.

I help manage a farm supply store. We sell trailers and in NC, selling a trailer is like selling a car. You need the ID, license, bill of sale, title, etc. Then you go down to DMV local office and switch the title from dealer to buyer.. takes like minutes.

We had sold a man a trailer...5x8 mesh floor... he called and wondered if we had time to go and switch it.

"Sure, in about 15 minutes... ok, swing by and I'll ride down there with you." No problem.

He shows up unshaven, stressed and nervous, with a cast on... looks like a landscaper... kinda sorts.

He is driving a beat up Chevy Blazer.. black, unique but it wouldn't standout in a parking lot. And when we go to get in, he has to open the door... it doesn't open from inside.

OK... so I have seen all the movies.. read multiple books and seen "Criminal Minds" enough to get nervous. He is leading me around the situation so I know he likes control. Fits the bill so far for a serial killer as everything is dictated by him... remeber, I am trying to be diplomatic as this guy "says" he bought a trailer and needs the title switched.

The customer is always right... "OK. Calmdown... it's gonna be alright. You've just seen to many movies." LOL

On the other hand, how many times do we say..."If they had just seen the signs." this guy had signs aplenty.

So, I tell myself... the first sign of trouble, anything and I mean ANYTHING unsual... you bail.. but wait, the door is broke and I can't open the door.

As I see the store back off in the rear view mirror and we near the street parking lot exit... he starts to turn right.

"Sir, the DMV is to the left about a mile."

"Well, I don't want to go that way. this is my truck and I'll go the way I want to."... in no uncertain terms.

By this time, I got a heavy,sick, dark feeling come over me. These kind of people like to be in control and do not like "victims" that resist... doesn't fit their paradigm. So, I grabbed my case cutter from my back pocket, told him to" Let me out now."

He looked at me and said..."What, right here...why?"

"LET ME OUT NOW"

"LET ME OUT NOW!"

I am really starting to freak out, the adrenaline is going hard, I am getting ready to break out the window or use the cutter to start slashing at him if he even gets near me.

"LET ME OUT NOW!"

He slows and pulls into a shopping center, gets out and opens the door.

He obviously is upset and bewildered, but I simply say "Thank You." and start walking like hell back up the street to the store. I am now sweating profusly, shaking, my heart is pumping a mile a minute...

All the while, I am thinking that I may lose my job... BUT I am alive.

POST NOTE: He was actually a customer that meant no harm. He was just having a bad day and I really put it over the edge. As it turned out, I kept my job, he got his title switched.. and we all nervously laughed about it when it was resolved.

Oh...My manager went with him down to DMV... me do it, are you kidding me?



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone
 


Your story is quite frightening to say the least, even though the guy turned out to be ok I think you did the right thing.

That makes me wonder if I was over reacting in my situation and I keep going over it in my mind.
I believe 100 % that I reacted to something I did not understand nor never will in the right way.

It was a very powerful vibe I was getting, never has happened to me before.

Thanks for adding to the thread.

Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The OP reminded me of a guy I met a few years ago. I was in college and hanging out with a few friends who were international students. One of the guys seemed a bit off in the head. I wasn't sure if he could speak English at all, because he never talked. I think he was from Kenya. None of the other people seemed to know him very well.

Anyway, he starts staring down me and my friend, which we thought was pretty amusing at first. She kept telling him "dude stop staring at me!" and he got this devilish grin on his face and started making weird noises and humming an ominous tune. I was pretty sure he was trolling us or on some kind of drug. He put a blanket over his face to where only his eyes showed and stared at us unblinking and humming. We got uncomfortable and went into another room.

Well we were all drinking and hanging out and this guy comes in and everything seems normal. Then all of a sudden he starts growling, spilling beers and hitting his head against the wall. Then he starts staring me down again as he slid down the wall to the floor. My friend and I decided to take off after that.

That guy was too creepy. Someone told me later on that he was always a little off, so I'm left unsure if he was insane or just trying to scare us. If so, it definitely worked. He gave me the heebie jeebies from the first time I saw him.



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow
 

I wonder if Psychopaths use the stare as a tool?
If anyone has some knowledge please chime in.

Thanks for sharing your story and adding to the discussion.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
-I accidentally annoyed a Freemason from the southwest. I guess he though I was an extremist or something.Within a day or two he or someone had a person from florida(florida license tag) come up to Ohio outside a building I frequent on motorcycle with a gun case just to make sure I wasn't a threat. Yeah...

-Hackers that got into 2 different phones I had. Used my minutes(15mins) to send emails/texts.

-Hackers got into a private CCTV camera. Told me he could do that.

-Ran into a DHS/FBI undercover counter-terrorism agent. This guy
a)Knew confidential information about me that no one should know.
b)My online surfing habits
c)What songs I listened to online.
d)He asked me "That mosque made $2m last year. I wonder were all of it went?" This coming from a guy that was a muslim.

-Some wannabe spoofers at a university that routinely spy on my web traffic and then have holier than thou opinions about my character.



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


No.

They use comedy,endearment, and masterfully portrayed fake emotions.

They want you to think they are your best friend. Sociopaths wants to intimidate you.



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Hi IWinder you should not be spooked, some people are like that. I'm like it for one, it seems that guy was "Star gazing" (a blank stare), and probably didn't see you as such.
It's a form Epilepsy, and i do it several times a day.
He shouldn't have been driving, and if you see him again take his number, and report him to the police, he is a danger driving a car.



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by martianmallow
The OP reminded me of a guy I met a few years ago. I was in college and hanging out with a few friends who were international students. One of the guys seemed a bit off in the head. I wasn't sure if he could speak English at all, because he never talked. I think he was from Kenya. None of the other people seemed to know him very well.

Anyway, he starts staring down me and my friend, which we thought was pretty amusing at first. She kept telling him "dude stop staring at me!" and he got this devilish grin on his face and started making weird noises and humming an ominous tune. I was pretty sure he was trolling us or on some kind of drug. He put a blanket over his face to where only his eyes showed and stared at us unblinking and humming. We got uncomfortable and went into another room.

Well we were all drinking and hanging out and this guy comes in and everything seems normal. Then all of a sudden he starts growling, spilling beers and hitting his head against the wall. Then he starts staring me down again as he slid down the wall to the floor. My friend and I decided to take off after that.

That guy was too creepy. Someone told me later on that he was always a little off, so I'm left unsure if he was insane or just trying to scare us. If so, it definitely worked. He gave me the heebie jeebies from the first time I saw him.





Two words.

Demonic possession.



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by Iwinder
 


No.

They use comedy,endearment, and masterfully portrayed fake emotions.

They want you to think they are your best friend. Sociopaths wants to intimidate you.


Thanks for answering my question in a previous post, good to know the difference, and thanks for your post above this one and your story adds to the mix here on this thread.

Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferryman
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Hi IWinder you should not be spooked, some people are like that. I'm like it for one, it seems that guy was "Star gazing" (a blank stare), and probably didn't see you as such.
It's a form Epilepsy, and i do it several times a day.
He shouldn't have been driving, and if you see him again take his number, and report him to the police, he is a danger driving a car.



Would that also include turning to stare right at me as I drove around him and stare at me all the way to the exit?

Thanks for the information, I have been stared at many times in my life and sometimes it makes me uncomfortable but this stare put the fear of God right into my soul.

Thanks for posting,
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


im serious,OP
Happened 3 years ago, needed to refill at the gas station , i wasnt in hurry, and not even stressed a bit, but i wanted to go hom because the sky turned a bit rainy.

So i stopped at the nearest station, pulled, and started to fill the tank, and while i was minding my business, i saw the car, a Mustang Boss Cobra,im dead serious, and i saw the man getting out of his car,so i went back minding my business, but something wasnt right, so i looked at the car again, and i saw the car owner, kinda old,around the same age you said,maybe less, and while he was pumping gas, he started staring at me.

Im not really bulky, im kinda thin;to say, but im not scared easily, even to head on in a fight, but he looked at me with almost empty eyes, and at the same time i was feelin some sort of agressivity.
i decided to stop looking at him and get the hell out of here.
But when i headed to pay, i frickin saw him lookin at me, with the same blank face, giving the same scary vibe, like you said a feeling of imminent death .
and sincerely, i felt my legs turning like jello, i moved from the gas station, and during all my trip to head back home, i felt seriously creeped out, was scared to see his car behind me.

edit on 15-10-2012 by AnonyWarp because: forgot a word



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I have seen some scary things in my life after having some dangerous jobs. The Only thing that scared me Poopless was when somebody pointed a 45 up my nose.



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
reply to post by Iwinder
 


im serious,OP
Happened 3 years ago, needed to refill at the gas station , i wasnt in hurry, and not even stressed a bit, but i wanted to go hom because the sky turned a bit rainy.

So i stopped at the nearest station, pulled, and started to fill the tank, and while i was minding my business, i saw the car, a Mustang Boss Cobra,im dead serious, and i saw the man getting out of his car,so i went back minding my business, but something wasnt right, so i looked at the car again, and i saw the car owner, kinda old,around the same age you said,maybe less, and while he was pumping gas, he started staring at me.

Im not really bulky, im kinda thin;to say, but im not scared easily, even to head on in a fight, but he looked at me with almost empty eyes, and at the same time i was feelin some sort of agressivity.
i decided to stop looking at him and get the hell out of here.
But when i headed to pay, i frickin saw him lookin at me, with the same blank face, giving the same scary vibe, like you said a feeling of imminent death .
and sincerely, i felt my legs turning like jello, i moved from the gas station, and during all my trip to head back home, i felt seriously creeped out, was scared to see his car behind me.

edit on 15-10-2012 by AnonyWarp because: forgot a word


Unbelievable is the only thing that comes to mind here, the hairs just went back up reading your post.
Apologies for my earlier post to you but I want to keep this thread serious.

I did the very same thing, after I was out of his sight I took many side streets off the main roads to get home and had my eyes glued to the mirrors all the way.

I was lucky enough that I was using a credit card on the pump so I just stopped the gas hung up the hose and vacated stage right asap.

Thanks for the incredible post, at least it is to me.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
This is pretty strange cause my grandpa was just telling me a story how he filled up his Mustang after a cross country drive the other day, and some weirdo was staring him and his car down while filling his pick up. He said he felt threatened so he gave the guy cut eye to try and prevent him from stealing his car, (cause he said that's what it looked like the guy was thinking...)

Anyway...

You know how it is, two sides to every story.
edit on 14-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)


lmfao this guy summed it up way better than i ever could have lol



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I know I'm probably overstating it, but I think you all worry too much. I usually get anxiety around people or I just am plain bored by the whole thing. People don't interest me. The anxiety and the non-interest make me lack good social skills. But anyway I'm pretty weird and I know that others probably pick up on it. Sometimes I wonder what they think. Do they think I'm a nut? A murderer? A molester? Etc. Oh well, if there's a magazine I'll bury myself in it just to avoid having to be bored and stare blankly. One another thing is that staring and daydreaming for me are common place, but I am a very good driver. One person the thread commented that if a person stares for a long period that they're somehow a bad driver. I disagree. Anyway peace and don't read too much into my post.





new topics

top topics



 
45
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join