Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+29 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hello everybody, I had the most un-nerving experience last week and it has bothered me to the point I thought I would post a thread and see what others have to say.

First a bit about myself, I am in my early 50's and about 6'1" tall and weigh about 185 pounds.
I worked in the Brewery retail business for over 20 years and have seen a lot of iffy people.
Before that I worked as a porter at a very well known Holiday Inn and there I saw it all as well and then some.

So what I am trying to convey here is that I know people and I can judge trouble a mile away due to my work experience.

Here is my story, I went to a gas station last week to fill up my truck which was on fumes due to running injector cleaner through the gas.

Now this truck takes 100 Liters so I am in for a long fill up at the self serve pump.

I pull into my regular station and start pumping my gas, the guy infront of me at another pump leaves and this newer but very dirty Mustang Boss Cobra? Pulls up to the pump just vacated.

All is good so far and I am thinking to myself who drives an expensive car like that and does not bother to wash it?

The driver gets out and seems to be around 62 or so years old, not a big guy and not bulky either.

I'd guess about 5'6" and about 125 pounds.
This is where it gets weird, this station you can only pull in from one direction and leave from the other so everyone is looking at the exit when they pump their gas.

Just what I am doing, this guy puts the nozzle in his tank and just stares at me........I mean stares with no blinking.

So I look left and right for a distraction but there is none and now my arm hairs are starting to rise up.

Next I try to stare him down and I last maybe 20 seconds if that and I am spooked right out of my stare.

I finally stopped pumping gas at 20 litres, and said to myself this guy is bad bad bad.

I felt like death was imminent and was only seconds away, so I hang the pump up and don't wait for the receipt.
Put the gas cap on and proceed to exit as smooth as my nerves will let me.

As I drive around his car I am checking him in my mirrors and he pivots like a robot to keep his eyes on me as I drive past and he pumps gas.

I hit the road and when out of his sight I went at least 90 kilometers in a 50 zone, took many side streets and then headed home.

I actually had a sweat going and when the wife got home I related all to her and the first thing she said was my third eye is working correctly.
(pineal gland)

Has anyone else here been sure as sure that death or serious consequences are imminent from meeting a total stranger, and you are so sure of it there is no question?

I cannot rationalize my fear of this guy to myself at all, and no I have no mental health issues nor have I every been treated for any.

Mods I figure this was the right Forum for this but move it or delete as you please.

Looking forward to any posts to this thread.

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 14-10-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-10-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This is pretty strange cause my grandpa was just telling me a story how he filled up his Mustang after a cross country drive the other day, and some weirdo was staring him and his car down while filling his pick up. He said he felt threatened so he gave the guy cut eye to try and prevent him from stealing his car, (cause he said that's what it looked like the guy was thinking...)

Anyway...

You know how it is, two sides to every story.
edit on 14-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You got trolled.
And hard.
lol, that is pretty creepy though. Leaving the area couldn't hurt, and it may have saved your life..
I have never felt like that around anyone but children, not really to that extent though, I dont feel threatened. I hate it when they stare at me, it makes me very uncomfortable.
I have stared people down before, with a strange face, just for fun. Never with a menacing, thug look like you see all day every day from these primal acting POS. Try it sometime, you might have a good laugh.
edit on 14-10-2012 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I actually had a sweat going and when the wife got home I related all to her and the first thing she said was my third eye is working correctly.
(pineal gland)

You meant (paranoia gland), correct..?

Either way, glad the 60 year old didn't get a hold of ya'...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

There is indeed two sides to every story, I can tell you that this guy was off in my opinion and in all of my life I have never come across anyone or any situation like this.

Thanks for your post
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Fair enough and that is why I posted this in the Grey area, I stand by my instinct to get away from this guy.

Regards, iwinder

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

it might have been those daisy duke shorts you were wearing.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Ya, so when did you speak with this person staring at you?

Quite the misleading title, no?

Maybe the guy was having a bad day and giving off vibes. I am sure you have days where people are put off by your appearance alone.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

Yes ...My mother in-law gives me this feeling often.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq

Yes ...My mother in-law gives me this feeling often.

Laughing here, great post and most assuredly true

Regards, Iwinder

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I believe the eyes are the windows to the soul. If you stared at the guy and felt that unnerved, it was probably for good reason.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Putting my skeptical head on it may have been that he was so distracted by something that he was literally just staring "through" you, I'm sure most people here have been so caught up in their own thoughts that you suddenly realise that you don't even know what you have been looking at for the last 10 minutes (especially scary when it happens while you're driving) as you have just kind of phased out the whole vision thing and are looking at your own thoughts.
Then he realised that someone's edging a big truck past his expensive Mustang and snapped back into reality to check that you weren't going to scratch it

My non skeptical head though says theres nothing wrong with trusting your gut instinct and you were right to leave

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

When I was young, I was sort of befriended by a guy with that quality. He was one of the most truly scary individuals I have ever come across, and I was not the only person to look away from his murkey black gaze. You could see lunacy dancing in those black orbs, just beneath the surface. My wife said he had the devil in him, and I could almost believe it.

After many years, I finally recognized that he would bite me too, so I got him out of my life, which was a scary process to go through also, but one I am glad I stuck with. He is bad news for anyone he comes in contact with.

Kind of like the story of the old indian who finds a rattlesnake frozen in the snow and brings him in to get warm.

As soon as the snake got warm he bit the old grandfather on the leg.

"Why said the elder?"

"You knew I was a snake when you brought me in." Replied the snake.

Your instincts were good and there is a reason you were feeling that way.

My response if someone is staring me down is to stare back and nod. I usually get a nod in return. If not I keep an eye on them anyhow lol.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuopar
I believe the eyes are the windows to the soul. If you stared at the guy and felt that unnerved, it was probably for good reason.

Ha ha, so the original poster was staring at the guy staring at him.

Perhaps the other guy stared back because he was unnerved. LOL

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Putting my skeptical head on it may have been that he was so distracted by something that he was literally just staring "through" you, I'm sure most people here have been so caught up in their own thoughts that you suddenly realise that you don't even know what you have been looking at for the last 10 minutes (especially scary when it happens while you're driving) as you have just kind of phased out the whole vision thing and are looking at your own thoughts.
Then he realised that someone's edging a big truck past his expensive Mustang and snapped back into reality to check that you weren't going to scratch it

My non skeptical head though says theres nothing wrong with trusting your gut instinct and you were right to leave

Yep I have done that spaced out thing you mention when driving too, I actually feels kind of good even when you know you are not paying attention to the road as you should.

As far as scratching his car goes I cannot see that, first he had a choice of 12 pumps and took the one right in front of me.

Second like I mentioned in my OP he turned just like a robot and never blinked, just stared at me and not the truck.

The robot thing does not mean that he was possessed or anything it is just the only way I can explain it here, mechanical is the proper word.

This thread won't win me any awards for sure, but this is what happened and this is how I felt.
Thanks for the input,
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
edit on 14-10-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
reply to post by Iwinder

When I was young, I was sort of befriended by a guy with that quality. He was one of the most truly scary individuals I have ever come across, and I was not the only person to look away from his murkey black gaze. You could see lunacy dancing in those black orbs, just beneath the surface. My wife said he had the devil in him, and I could almost believe it.

After many years, I finally recognized that he would bite me too, so I got him out of my life, which was a scary process to go through also, but one I am glad I stuck with. He is bad news for anyone he comes in contact with.

Kind of like the story of the old indian who finds a rattlesnake frozen in the snow and brings him in to get warm.

As soon as the snake got warm he bit the old grandfather on the leg.

"Why said the elder?"

"You knew I was a snake when you brought me in." Replied the snake.

Your instincts were good and there is a reason you were feeling that way.

My response if someone is staring me down is to stare back and nod. I usually get a nod in return. If not I keep an eye on them anyhow lol.

Great post!

That is just how I felt and this was a total stranger so I think that edged up the nerves a bit.

Just let me repeat never in my life have I felt so threatened for no reason but the guys stare and presence.
Thanks for the addition here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
he wanted your ass

That crossed my mind if you mean in the literal meaning of that, but it was a very antagonistic stare not a how do you do stare.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
This is pretty strange cause my grandpa was just telling me a story how he filled up his Mustang after a cross country drive the other day, and some weirdo was staring him and his car down while filling his pick up. He said he felt threatened so he gave the guy cut eye to try and prevent him from stealing his car, (cause he said that's what it looked like the guy was thinking...)

Anyway...

You know how it is, two sides to every story.
edit on 14-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Ya beat me to it. Imagination is a powerful thing especially when the world and people around you are telling you to more sensitive. Seekers I call them are always looking for something sometimes when it is not really there.
edit on 14-10-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Try this next time and let us all know if it works.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join