It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Maybe the vibe came from a past life altercation ...soul to soul....?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This kind of thing with the level of intensity you described has happened to me once in my life. It freaked me out so much I still remember the month and year that it happened.

At the time, I lived near the water on the north end of Seattle. Consequently, day or night, any one of the many beaches in the area were really natural places to take your girlfriend or hang with your buddies. Now to the story. Back in the fall of 1984, my girlfriend (now wife) and I were out on a cheap date one night and decided to go down to one of the more remote beaches in the area. We had come to this beach many times before and never had any weird impending doom sensations about the place so neither of us was on our guard. The mood was really light and we were enjoying each other's company.

We hadn't checked the tide charts or anything so we weren't too surprised when the tide was far enough in that there wasn't really any place to walk along the beach. We thought about walking along the train tracks that border the beach all the way from Seattle and on into Canada, but discretion got the better of us. So we basically had nothing to do, but neither of us wanted to go home. So as we sat in my really classy 1974 Chevy Vega deciding what to do (and no wisecracks about being alone in my car, at night with my girlfriend...) we decided to walk out onto this private wharf/dock that neither of us had been on before. At the back of the dock was what looked like a pretty good sized warehouse and in front of the building were about 6 vehicles. It was dimly lit, but nothing that would alarm either one of us. There was a chain across the driving ramp to keep vehicles from going up there, but there weren't any "no trespassing" signs.

So we decide this is a good idea and get out of the car, smiling, laughing, and ready for an innocent adventure. My car was in a parking lot that was maybe 150 feet from the ramp going up to the dock and getting to it entailed climbing up a low bank, crossing the railroad tracks, and then strolling across a very narrow street.

We started out for the ramp, neither of us really talking to the other... By the time we crossed the railroad tracks, the light and airy mood had turned quite malevolent. Still neither of us spoke. I know from my standpoint, I thought it was just nerves and was all for pushing on forward. She must have felt the same way because she didn't stop either. By the time we got to the chain at the bottom of the ramp the evil was palpable - it was a very real and threatening presence. I looked at her, she looked at me and without one word we both SPRINTED HARD back to the car. I started it up and burned rubber getting out of there. We didn't start talking about it until probably 5 minutes later, after the adrenaline had worn off.

Really frightening. It's never happened to that degree ever again.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

good reading and I appreciate your input to this thread, makes me wonder how many times people have the bells and whistles going off but ignore them?

Regards, Iwinder

I think pretty much everyone, how many times have you heard people say 'I knew there was something funny about him/her/it'.... But AFTER its happened, I learned in the last few years to trust instincts, there is alot of noise when trying to listen to them, but when you need to listen they will let you know.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I haven't read many of the replies on this thread so this question may have been asked. (I sure hope so anyway.)

You said.....

Now this truck takes 100 Liters so I am in for a long fill up at the self serve pump.

100 Liters.

But before that you said....

weigh about 185 pounds.

185 pounds.

So throughout you measure fuel in metric but height and weight in english measure.

Why?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by Iwinder

I haven't read many of the replies on this thread so this question may have been asked. (I sure hope so anyway.)

You said.....

Now this truck takes 100 Liters so I am in for a long fill up at the self serve pump.

100 Liters.

But before that you said....

weigh about 185 pounds.

185 pounds.

So throughout you measure fuel in metric but height and weight in english measure.

Why?

From another thread, I believe the OP is from Southern Ontario. They intermingle various units of measure in casual conversation, in Canada, from what I understand.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

A joke? No, I should think not. It isn't very funny, is it?
In fact, it is so creepy that I was reluctant to even post it, and if you hadn't quoted it I would have removed it.

But, yes, maybe it can serve as a warning. Of course such circumstances doesn't befall people very often; most people probably never meet such a psycho - a serial killer - but a least it can serve as a warning against being too easily swayed by someone's appearance and demeanour.
My friend almost was; and apparently a few other women were. And they ended up dead.

Like another poster, I, too, am surprised that so many seem to be dismissing your reaction.
Our instincts can run circles around our rational mind.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Iwinder,

So sorry you experienced something like this!!!

I, as well, have had a similar experience.
Analytically, I don't know what my experience stemmed from.

What I can say the feeling was so strong that it overrode everything else.

The person who freaked me out did not stare but rather was in a service position. I couldn't get away from that person fast enough. The people I was with thought I was crazy and they might be right. But I felt 100% sure that leaving was best option.

When people stare, I have learned to pump up my own "energy" so to speak. And then ask as kindly as possible with a ton of confidence, how may I help you? That's if there's other people around. That usually stops anyone with mal intent in their tracks.

No matter what, always trust your gut instinct. I feel it's there for a good reason.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Hmmmm. I did not know that. Thanks. It just looked strange.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
There is a man who comes into my place of work, I believe him to be in his late twenties/early thirties.

The first time we interacted was about 4 or 5 years ago. I literally shuddered. I was chilled to the bone in the strangest way.
I have always been a good read of people and this guy has never let me down in creepiness. (Though I still feel it)

He would frequent us a lot a couple years back, but I have only seen him once or twice this year, thankfully.

I think we all have a person like this in our life. I don't believe in "souls" but if I did, I would consider him genuinely evil.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

are you a girl??

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I grew up as a kid in Vancouver, Canada. I remember that one time, my little brother and I (we were both quite young) were playing in the front yard, and this pickup truck rolled up, but the truck was kind of hidden behind a tree. I immediately felt uneasy and told my brother to go inside. I followed behind him, and I looked back and the driver was staring directly at me. As soon as we were inside, the truck sped off. We could've been kidnapped that day. *shudders*

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Wow. What a wild experience, thanks for sharing. I can relate I have felt this 'vibe' when there is someone I meet I instantly get bad vibes. I must say I almost always listen to this feeling, maybe it's a good thing you got out of there when you did.

edit on 03/10/2012 by Bayy007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Exceptionally spellbinding subject matter (pun intended). Still, this is the sort of stuff that could be collected with permissions and published.

Just a thought.

Several years ago, a lady colleague and I were invited to a TV station to be interviewed about some charity work we were involved in. The staff there could not have been more gracious and humble for a major market (Dallas-Ft. Worth) network affiliate. The prime time newsmen and women themselves took turns giving us an entirely unexpected tour of the facility, and we were treated as if we were royalty.

However, in the process of meeting virtually all of the staff and a few other visitors, there was one introduction that caused me instant and total discomfort. A lady of average height, weight, etc. walked up and although I was at least three to four inches taller than she was, I had the feeling she was towering far above me. I have always had an ego problem (as in too much ego), and this is the only time in my life I sincerely felt I may be in the presence of a potentially evil person. Two hours later that experience was still in the very forefront of my mind even after the distraction of an important plea for charity work. As we exited the building, and before I could say anything my co-worker, now visibly shaken, turned to me and simply said "Did you feel that?" Neither of us could pinpoint the exact reason, but she had also experienced it as severe dread. She told me she believed the lady's eyes were not human, using her exact words.

I truly hope to never know what happened, unless we were just wrong and have given the lady a bum rap all these years. As is, however, I can say that after 15 years that memory still is not only fresh in my mind, but definitely one of the two most frightening of my full 54 years.

Great thread.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I have once felt this way but only because i stared directly into the eyes of what appeared to be a werewolf it felt like its stare cut through me like a knife and turned in my brain so don't feel bad maybe they were of the same species??? lol who knows but all i know is "trantor" thats what i named him he didn't seem very nice so i kept driving straight

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I was trying to think of anyone that I had run into who was in the category described by the OP and was coming up blank. I have worked for decades in security and also hitch-hiked around Europe, so I have seen a lot of disturbing people but I couldn't think of anyone who looked like they were seconds from exploding lethally until finally I thought of one.

This guy was working in a very disreputable establishment that I used to patronize and was new to the situation. I think he must have been filling in for someone. Something wasn't working properly that day and I went to complain to the guy about it and he gave me a bone chilling, wide eyed thousand yard stare. I was one yard away from him.

I felt a visceral reaction of fright and decided that things were not that bad after all, regarding my complaint. It was like backing off from a mad dog.

So yeah. Been there. You have my sympathies. You did the right thing in going with your gut, especially when your gut wanted to get going and had no serious reason to stay.
edit on 16-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Ummm... where's the "then, later that night, this same guy was reported in the news as murdering the service station attendant" or something denouement?

Wow. Talk about anticlimactic...
I want my few minutes back

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
This happened in about 1979 and I was twelve years old. My family had moved to the country and decided we'd go back to our hometown shopping for the day. There was the parents, myself, my younger sister and two friends who were also sisters.

I convinced my parents to drop us girls off at a Walgreens drugstore, and they continued through a parking lot, to another store at the complex. When us girls were finished shopping, we were to walk across the parking lot and meet them in about thirty minutes. Once inside the store we chatted about lip gloss, clothes etc and eventually made our way over to the teen magazines. I noticed a man was sort of nonchalantly following us around the store acting as if he were looking at items. I guess it put my hackles up because we were looking at specifically "girl" type items but hey, guys shop for girlfriend / wife gifts at drugstores, right?

So we're in the magazine aisle and he comes up right behind me, reaches up above me, sort of laying into my back a little and grabs a magazine off the top rack. I expected him to say "excuse me" and back off as soon as he had magazine in hand but he didn't and started thumbing through the book while sister and friends chatted next to me. I felt this wave of dread and panic come over me. My pulse was racing and the air felt thick. Every hair stood up and I felt nauseous. Out of the corner of my eye I saw that he was looking at one of those "True Crime" type deals. I rudely jabbed my sister in the side and whispered "follow me. NOW" I marched away and out the door, my sister grabbing the other two girls scrambled after me with "what's your problem?!"

We got about 200 feet down the sidewalk before I realized he was right behind us. We were moving at a pretty good clip and about halfway through the parking lot I had to surpress the urge to just break out and run for the other store. I knew inside the door there was a security guard. My sister and the other girls were panicky as we approached the guard, I turned around to see if he was still there and he was gone. My parents were waiting for us and I began to relay that this guy had been stalking us over to this store. The guard ushered us into this doorway and we went up to the second story where there were darkened mirrors which overlooked the entire store. He asked me if I could point the man out in the store and I saw him and did. I was pretty astonished because I could not figure out how he could literally slip into the store without me or the other girls seeing him, he was right behind us!

The guard told us he could do nothing unless he was seen acting strangely. A plan was hatched to send me back out into the store alone in the music record aisle while the others went to the snack bar. Only reason I agreed to this was they had cameras and my parents were not far, security guards would be watching my every move. I went to the record aisle and he appeared and came up right behind me breathing down my neck. I moved to another aisle, he followed. Soon the security guard comes out, takes guy by the arm and leads him off to security office where they question him. We were asked to wait at snack bar. We saw Sheriff dept. come in and take the guy out in cuffs.

Security guard comes and tells us that they found his car parked way in the rear of the lot with an accomplice waiting. They were both wanted for child abduction and sexual assault of children in the next state over. Turns out they hitched to my state by freight train hopping and stole the car. Things were found in the car and to this day, I am now middle aged, my Mom and Dad have always refused to tell me what those items were.

I haven't thought about the experience for a long time but it had nothing to do with his eyes, for me. I don't even recall what he looked like. It was the vibe of evil. Not only were things not right, they were way off. I can remember precisely how conscious I was of my words to the security guard and my parents because I didn't want to seem crazy or overreacting/ crossed social signals, etc. I felt this guy wanted to grab one of us but I couldn't understand why he would choose a group of girls and not some lone kid? Didn't that seem absurd?

A couple of years later after my parents had divorced, my Mom had a stalker in our apartment complex and he was creepy. Would go into the basement and listen to us through the heat vents, pop up at both front and back doors even after you checked to see if the coast was clear first. Didn't get evil vibe from him, but his stealth was kinda scary. We had the strange idea that he was in our apartment while we were gone during the day. Things were moved around and stuff when we got home. Yeah, we moved. Still remember that one's name *shudder*

Never had anyone stare directly at me with evil in their eyes and I hope I never do.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
You just met a person like me, well sort of, I'm often told I look like I'm about to kill but its just how my face hangs if you will.

Since I was in my 30's people have mentioned that I look very threatening but I'm nothing of the sort if you know me, I'm an old softy cat lover, have a lovely wife and daughter and although I can look after myself and am 6" 1 I'm no thug, in fact anything but, I'm the person who gives up my seat on buses, helps old ladies etc.( I do smile sometimes, can't be scaring the old folk)

I think it started from having lived in awful estates all my life, any sign of weakness gets you unwanted attention in those places so you tend to give that don't mess with me stare, I guess it just stuck. My wife even went to one of those fortune tellers and she told her I was the devil despite me not being with her.

So I think you just met a fellow frightener

And yes, I've ran into them myself.....Makes you uneasy..

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I have felt that feeling before, many many times. There are two sides to every story, however, sometimes bad things do happen with people. I have many personal stories of this type. At the time these things were badbadbad but they taught me to TRUST my intuition and not doubt myself. Trusting my intuition has now saved my life countless times. I haven't had the time to start my own thread about this, but I have been wanting to for a long time. Regardless if this man was out to hurt you, leaving was a good thing. It is best to err on the side of caution when a fellow human being (maybe not completely human) makes your hair stand on end by looking at you.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
Yes! I used to work near a Fry's Electronics (a store that is kind of like a big Best Buy), and I would go over at lunchtime on game release days to pick up new games for my boyfriend. One time, I was leaving the store when a guy in a wheelchair stopped me in the parking lot and asked me if I would help him into his van (he was next to the van, in the wheelchair, and the sliding side door of the van was open).

I registered a couple of things at the same time:

1) The van had all of its windows painted over from the inside. I could not see anything inside the van.

2) The wheelchair did not have foot rests. It looked like a generic wheelchair that you would see in use at the airport or when they are taking people in to a hospital, who did not arrive in their own wheelchair. It did not look like a wheelchair that belonged to an individual. There was no lambswool to pad the arms, or extra padding or slipcover on the seat, or personalization of the chair. None of the things you usually see when someone is actually wheelchair bound full-time.

3) I couldn't see anything inside the van, such as a lift or wheelchair modifications. My ex's Step-Dad had MS and I was very familiar with what kinds of adjustments you normally see for folks who are in a wheelchair. I had also worked as a Nurse Aide for a couple years in my twenties.

I didn't want to be inconsiderate or unkind, but I felt very nervous and the guy kept pressuring me to help him, and all I could think of was the scene in "Silence of the Lambs" where the killer pushes the girl into his van. So, I finally said I would go into the store and get help. I went in the store and talked to a manager and asked if they would come with me because this guy was asking for assistance and I felt uncomfortable all by myself, but wanted to help if he truly needed help. He agreed and walked back out to the parking lot with me - it had only been a minute of two - but the guy who had been asking for help to get in his van, was now in the driver's seat, and the van was speeding past us, out of the parking lot and away from the store!
edit on 14-10201210-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: Additional detail about the door of the van.

Thanks for adding to this thread, from what you posted I am very happy that you did what you did.

You noticed a lot of things that most would not, may I ask you if you just plain felt uneasy or nervous regardless of the suspicious Wheel chair and van?

Regards, Iwinder

Thanks, but the funny thing is, I couldn't tell you what the guy looked like. I didn't register hair color, clothing, or anything like that. I called the police and reported what happened when I got back to my office, but I couldn't even remember for sure the color of the van, just the circumstances and details I described above.

I had the "bad feeling" right away, and I am usually a very trusting person. In fact, I am very trusting of people that some others might fear simply due to stereotypes. For example, I will trust a salty old dude with a Harley vest missing half his teeth, over some dude in a suit, any given day.

Then again, this occurred during the time when we had both the "Serial Rapist" and the "Serial Shooters" still on the loose and everybody in the Phoenix area was feeling pretty jumpy.

And rightly so. I read that this is exactly how Ted Bundy got the women in his car...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join